Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,401 members, 7,781,157 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:02 AM

To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) (8970 Views)

We Will Write Your Resignation Letter, Nigerians Abroad Tell Saraki / Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply / ''the Lies Of AIT And GEJ In Their Buhari Documentary'' - El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by justsayemma(m): 2:54pm On Oct 20, 2012
jason123:

First of all, NA ONLY SW DEY NAIJA? Go to other states and see things yourself! He will still come to the SW. Other regions lack Federal presence and GEJ is correcting that. In the SW, Omotosho power plant is working. That, I commend GEJ for.

With d kinda wealth dis country poseSs,buildin a power plant 4 a region,in an average of 2 years,is equivalent 2 notin.I ve traveld round dis country,SW,SE,SS is in total neglet,all we get is a lotta promises.e.g d east west road,its always in d budget,bt notin has bin done there.we jst nid 2 wake up in this country
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by blackbeau1(f): 3:38pm On Oct 20, 2012
very incisive report.well written.truth is lagos isnt so hot.its just a normal place and is overrated
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by OmoTier1(m): 3:51pm On Oct 20, 2012
black_beau: very incisive report.well written.truth is lagos isnt so hot.its just a normal place and is overrated
quiet there, where is your home town
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by wale1974: 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2012
2 million: My concern is where u wrote 16 to 20hrs of electricity....cuz in my area we've nt had up to 2 hrs of constant electricity since the begining of this week

It depends on your area, Maryland area is not bad with constant electricity
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by wale1974: 4:42pm On Oct 20, 2012
jason123: First of all, I must say, KUDOS to GEJ and PHNC. The Power Supply situation in Nigeria has greatly improved. At least, you get 16-20 hours of constant POWER SUPPLY which is unusual and welcomed considering how it was during my last visit to Nigeria (YEARS back).

Concerning Lagos state:

Lagos state has GREATLY IMPROVED. The traffic lights (most people adhere to it but you trust Lagosians, a few, especially the Okadas and Danfos break the lights), Lasma guys enforcing the law (I see everyone with their seat-belts strapped on, no answering of calls etc), the street sweepers cleaning every nook and cranny (God bless and reward them abundantly), BRT functioning well within their designated lanes, the RRS and ambulance (Rapid Response Squad) vehicles and personnel stationed at strategic places all over the state, monuments (eg Lekki-Ikoyi bridge. The first suspension bridge in West Africa is almost completed. I saw the bridge myself and felt a sense of pride being a Nigerian), parks (eg Oshodi looks good now compared to 10 yrs back), the dump site and recycle center at Ikeji (I think Alausa)- and before I forget, the roads repair personnel cannot be left out. They work day in and out to ensure smoother roads (I see them alot in different places with their trucks parked and the guys repair the little pot-holes with bitumen and granite), although most roads in the states are still VERY bad.

Indeed, Governor Fashola has tried! He has tried compared to other states. I traveled round with the exception of the SE and most of the SS (cause of the kidnapping situation). I also could not visit Delta state but I stayed in Edo state for a while (I really enjoyed it! To my Edo brothers, ere gue! wink) and to be honest, Governor Oshiomole really tried on Ring road and its environs but the rest is not praise worthy but the people of the state love him undecided (He is better than the Igbinedions)-more can be done in the state. As for other states (Most of the NC, SW, NW; , all I can do is SMH!!!! sad. Only Ogun state and a few towns in Oyo state tried)

Back to Fashola,

My dear Fashola fans, FASHOLA CAN DO MORE.

1) Most of the roads are TERRIBLE! Iyana paja, Mushin, Apapa/Wharf etc are in VERY TERRIBLE STATES! Haba!!! What is he doing? He has tried, YES but more can definitely be done!

2) The LASMA guys are thieves! How can one know whether a road allows one-way traffic or two-ways. Yes, there are sign boards before you enter some very few roads but MOST are without sign boards.

3) The money collected in Lekki is just absurd! 300N just to enter Lekki and come out?! Haba, that's too much!

4) The "thieving" Ojuyobo (Tinubu) has virtually owned the whole Lagos state and indeed, most of the SW except Ondo where MIMIKO will DEFINITELY WIN (I spent some time there and I know how the people feel)!

Fashola has tried but more can certainly be done!

I feel u on the sad state of the roads at Iyana Ipaja, Agege and Egbeda Area but the blame needs to go to those local chairman and council members.
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by FrankC3: 4:58pm On Oct 20, 2012
wale1974:

I feel u on the sad state of the roads at Iyana Ipaja, Agege and Egbeda Area but the blame needs to go to those local chairman and council members.
And why not Fashola or Tinubu who imposed ALL of them on the peopls in the first place?
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by pheesayor(m): 9:28pm On Oct 20, 2012
some or most of these roads are meant to be fixed by the local governments and most of them are answerable to Tinubu. also the lcda structure is affecting the state. they share the allocation meant for one lga, they need to become full lgas. with the resources at his disposal, fashola is trying, road projects are being completed, other sectors too are working. The population of Lagos is the real problem, take the population of Lagos to akwa Ibom and watch the state collapse, Fashola is trying Agbegbe
reemix123:

Is this 16-20 hours per week, per month or per year. Because if you think its per day you are under a delusion or you were not aware when they switched on the generator. Don't fool yourself or tell lies tell the truth where are the road sweepers ? Who is repairing roads ? You probably left your village and came to Lagos thats why you are amazed. If you came from abroad you would understand that we have a big challenge that needs to be fixed
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by pheesayor(m): 9:47pm On Oct 20, 2012
these areas should be under Alimosho lga, the biggest in lagos with many lcdas under it and a massive population. Most of these things aren't fashola's fault. The population alone is a burden on the roads
wale1974:

Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by BabaTony: 5:35am On Oct 21, 2012
pheesayor: some or most of these roads are meant to be fixed by the local governments and most of them are answerable to Tinubu. also the lcda structure is affecting the state. they share the allocation meant for one lga, they need to become full lgas. with the resources at his disposal, fashola is trying, road projects are being completed, other sectors too are working. The population of Lagos is the real problem, take the population of Lagos to akwa Ibom and watch the state collapse, Fashola is trying Agbegbe

Please keep akwa ibom out of your discussion, what do you mean by take the population of lagos to akwa ibom and the state will collapse,does oyo state not have population, has the state collapsed, does kano state not have population, has it collapsed. did the population appear overnight, is the state not supposed to grow with the population. Its all about responsible leadership my friend, don't use population as an excuse it should rather be used as an advantage.
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by pheesayor(m): 6:14am On Oct 21, 2012
I was at a conference in Uyo in July, the deputy gov came to deliver a speech and he bragged about the fact that you can drive through uyo without encountering potholes, I Said to a friend, 'bring the vehicular population of Lagos here and watch potholes invade'. Oyo and Kano don't have as much Cars, they don't have as much generators that cause air pollution. Kano is not even as populated as Lagos, 4get what the census said
BabaTony:

Please keep akwa ibom out of your discussion, what do you mean by take the population of lagos to akwa ibom and the state will collapse,does oyo state not have population, has the state collapsed, does kano state not have population, has it collapsed. did the population appear overnight, is the state not supposed to grow with the population. Its all about responsible leadership my friend, don't use population as an excuse it should rather be used as an advantage.
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by BabaTony: 6:49am On Oct 21, 2012
pheesayor: I was at a conference in Uyo in July, the deputy gov came to deliver a speech and he bragged about the fact that you can drive through uyo without encountering potholes, I Said to a friend, 'bring the vehicular population of Lagos here and watch potholes invade'. Oyo and Kano don't have as much Cars, they don't have as much generators that cause air pollution. Kano is not even as populated as Lagos, 4get what the census said

Hmm, you miss the point. According to you more cars more potholes, new york and other world big cities suppose don collapse by now. Development is meant to be dynamic. I would rather expect more vehicular traffic better construction designs. I expect lagos to have better designs for their roads because of the high traffic but no, I still see poorly designed road around me.

1 Like

Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by jason123: 11:00am On Oct 21, 2012
jason123: First of all, I must say, KUDOS to GEJ and PHNC. The Power Supply situation in Nigeria has greatly improved. At least, you get 16-20 hours of constant POWER SUPPLY which is unusual and welcomed considering how it was during my last visit to Nigeria (YEARS back).

Concerning Lagos state:

Lagos state has GREATLY IMPROVED. The traffic lights (most people adhere to it but you trust Lagosians, a few, especially the Okadas and Danfos break the lights), Lasma guys enforcing the law (I see everyone with their seat-belts strapped on, no answering of calls etc), the street sweepers cleaning every nook and cranny (God bless and reward them abundantly), BRT functioning well within their designated lanes, the RRS and ambulance (Rapid Response Squad) vehicles and personnel stationed at strategic places all over the state, monuments (eg Lekki-Ikoyi bridge. The first suspension bridge in West Africa is almost completed. I saw the bridge myself and felt a sense of pride being a Nigerian), parks (eg Oshodi looks good now compared to 10 yrs back), the dump site and recycle center at Ikeji (I think Alausa)- and before I forget, the roads repair personnel cannot be left out. They work day in and out to ensure smoother roads (I see them alot in different places with their trucks parked and the guys repair the little pot-holes with bitumen and granite), although most roads in the states are still VERY bad.

Indeed, Governor Fashola has tried! He has tried compared to other states. I traveled round with the exception of the SE and most of the SS (cause of the kidnapping situation). I also could not visit Delta state but I stayed in Edo state for a while (I really enjoyed it! To my Edo brothers, ere gue! wink) and to be honest, Governor Oshiomole really tried on Ring road and its environs but the rest is not praise worthy but the people of the state love him undecided (He is better than the Igbinedions)-more can be done in the state. As for other states (Most of the NC, SW, NW; , all I can do is SMH!!!! sad. Only Ogun state and a few towns in Oyo state tried)

Back to Fashola,

My dear Fashola fans, FASHOLA CAN DO MORE.

1) Most of the roads are TERRIBLE! Iyana paja, Mushin, Apapa/Wharf etc are in VERY TERRIBLE STATES! Haba!!! What is he doing? He has tried, YES but more can definitely be done!

2) The LASMA guys are thieves! How can one know whether a road allows one-way traffic or two-ways. Yes, there are sign boards before you enter some very few roads but MOST are without sign boards.

3) The money collected in Lekki is just absurd! 300N just to enter Lekki and come out?! Haba, that's too much!

4) The "thieving" Ojuyobo (Tinubu) has virtually owned the whole Lagos state and indeed, most of the SW except Ondo where MIMIKO will DEFINITELY WIN (I spent some time there and I know how the people feel)!

Fashola has tried but more can certainly be done!

grin grin grin wink wink wink. Sorry ACN but LP wins AS PREDICTED!!!!

1 Like

Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by ikeyman00(m): 11:15am On Oct 21, 2012
@@@@@@@@

Please keep akwa ibom out of your discussion, what do you mean by take the population of lagos to akwa ibom and the state will collapse,does oyo state not have population, has the state collapsed, does kano state not have population, has it collapsed. did the population appear overnight, is the state not supposed to grow with the population. Its all about responsible leadership my friend, don't use population as an excuse it should rather be used as an advantag

rubbish!!!! typical eko mad man mentality

population ni
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by ITbomb(m): 1:12pm On Oct 21, 2012
BabaTony:

Hmm, you miss the point. According to you more cars more potholes, new york and other world big cities suppose don collapse by now. Development is meant to be dynamic. I would rather expect more vehicular traffic better construction designs. I expect lagos to have better designs for their roads because of the high traffic but no, I still see poorly designed road around me.
For a company like Berger to guarantee its road construction for 25 yrs , I'm sure they knew that vehicular activities would increase and yet no shaking

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathanians, Can We See The Pictures Of The So-called 9 Brand New Universities? / Petrol Subsidy To Exceed $3.85bn Estimate - Financial Derivatives Company (FDC) / What I Did To Online Loan Company After They Embarrassed Me (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.