Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,601 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker (3861 Views)

Kogi Speaker, Momoh Lawal Impeached / Kogi Speaker Momoh Jimoh-Lawal Impeached / Aregbesola: APC Demands Judge’s Resignation Over Impeachment Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by GARRIx7(m): 11:26pm On Oct 19, 2012
Former house member Dino Melaye led protesters to counter the illegal impeachment of the speaker of the Kogi State  House of Assembly in Abuja on Friday.

Below is the letter protesters submitted to the office of the  minister of justice.

The Honorable Minister of Justice
Attorney General of the Federation   
Federal Ministry of Justice
Abuja.

Dear Hon. Minister,

Implication Of Unlawful Impeachment Of Kogi State Speaker

It is with great sense of responsibility; patriotism and duty to our great Nation, Nigeria that we are writing to call your attention to the conspicuous lawlessness, aberration and democratic unfaithfulness going on in Kogi State. We are appealing to you as the Chief Law officer of the Federation to make a categorical statement on this issue of twelve (12) Members impeachment of the Speaker in the House of twenty five (25) Members.

Secondly, the requirement of the law is that for the Speaker to be removed, it has to be two third of the majority; meaning about 17 Members.

Thirdly, 12 Members do not form a quorum let alone proceeding on discussion talk less of impeachment of the Speaker.

If this lawlessness is not condemned it will be a national disgrace capable of setting a wrong precedent that could lead to breaking down of laws and order.

We are therefore certain that you will use your good office to call to order the people involved in this act of lawlessness.

We are giving 72 hours to the Minister of justice and the Attorney General of the Federation to clear the air on this matter or else we shall occupy the Federal Ministry of justice.

Kindly accept our assurances of your high esteem.

Yours sincerely,

Otunba Hon. Dino Melaye
Executive secretary

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/gallery/photonews-protest-ministry-justice-over-impeachment-kogi-state-speaker
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 19, 2012
Dino Melaye again? Wetin dey worry that man sef? undecided

1 Like

Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by GARRIx7(m): 11:32pm On Oct 19, 2012
Some pics, courtesy of Sahara Reporters...

Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by GARRIx7(m): 11:37pm On Oct 19, 2012
berem: Dino Melaye again? Wetin dey worry that man sef? undecided

The protest wasn't about Dino, but about the illegal impeachment of The Speaker of The State House of Assembly..

Focus on issues, and not people..

Thanks!!

2 Likes

Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by garrigangster: 11:50pm On Oct 19, 2012
GARRI (x7):

The protest wasn't about Dino, but about the illegal impeachment of The Speaker of The State House of Assembly..

Thanks!!
Its just difficult to differentiate between people and issues

1 Like

Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by chymystique(f): 12:00am On Oct 20, 2012
I watched dis thr protest on NTA news tonyt.... Dino was jst talkin like say he aint corrupt lik d odas!... Why amm sayin dis is cos wen he was interviwed €t was captioned "ANTICORRUPTION " blah blah.... undecided
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by GARRIx7(m): 12:03am On Oct 20, 2012
garri_gangster:

The question rational people would ask is: Was the protest for a Good cause??
If the answer is yes, then ffuucckk who leads it!! Focus on the issue....
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by dokson(m): 12:08am On Oct 20, 2012
I wud ve being happy if it is d dummy Governor.
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by Ganys: 12:18am On Oct 20, 2012
Can somebody tell this Dude that Him Pikin still Dey dance azonto inside the impregrated Actress' Belle...undecided
Make e no kill himself ooooh...embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by Nobody: 12:32am On Oct 20, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Thanks!!
so if it wasn't about him,must he be the one to lead the protest? Why didn't the embattled speaker lead the protest? Must he carry everything on his head simply because he is from kogi state? Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by GARRIx7(m): 12:39am On Oct 20, 2012
berem: so if it wasn't about him,must he be the one to lead the protest? Why didn't the embattled speaker lead the protest? Must he carry everything on his head simply because he is from kogi state? Na wa o!

I don't think it matters. As long as the protest is for a Good cause, I don't care who leads it!!!

1 Like

Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by yeye4live(m): 12:43am On Oct 20, 2012
So wat do u all want me 2do now on reading dis news
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by damola1: 1:02am On Oct 20, 2012
Great move by Dino...didn't know he's this smart... and yes... NO to illegal impeachment!
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by Nobody: 1:04am On Oct 20, 2012
dino,try go rest...u will need all your strength when your baby arrives.

1 Like

Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by obailala(m): 1:26am On Oct 20, 2012
GARRI (x7):

GARRI (x7):

I don't think it matters. As long as the protest is for a Good cause, I don't care who leads it!!!
@Mr Garri please ignore them. Most Nigerians are passionate about attacking the messenger instead of the message. They mostly derive joy in attacking individual personalities instead of the main subject (fallacy argumentum ad hominem).
If u follow the trend on NL closely, u should know this by now
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by odehaj: 1:36am On Oct 20, 2012
Mayb d speaker is his friend &because he (Dino)think he is loud-mouthed
And can speak english,why not. He should go &lead protest in Bayelsa or Yobe state anytime illegality is detected nah! Someone should tell that guy that he should find a job!Thuggery,fighting shamelessly in d national assembly &ending up with a torn cloth is a national disgrace,!diot.

1 Like

Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by Nobody: 1:39am On Oct 20, 2012
yeye4live: So wat do u all want me 2do now on reading dis news

various option. 1)River Niger(jump inside) 2)hug transformer. 3)powerline if transformer is too small. It's not by force to comment on post. Think it's high time seun create the dislike button

@topic how will 12 members impeach a speaker out 25 it's unfair @least the law stipulated 2/3 of the entire house. Dino is right even though he get his own for hand.
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by livewire77: 1:51am On Oct 20, 2012
garri_gangster:
Are you that stupid? Since when issue bcom people? You made it sound like seperating garri from sand. Shioo
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by yinchar(m): 2:39am On Oct 20, 2012
Sometimes when i read Nigeria news i just kept on shaking my head, for how long would we continue like this...for how long will this lawlessness continue...why do we forget so soon, why are we a lawless country.....how is it possible for a 12-member in a 25-member House of assembly to impeach the speaker without forming a quorum, which is 2/3 of 25-member, and the No 1 citizen, chief Retaardeen cannot condemn the issue in the strongest terms, when Obasanjo was there, we tot is was because Baba no go school to calculate 2/3, but for PhD holder Retaarden i just cant but SMH.......
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by Nobody: 2:47am On Oct 20, 2012
Same ol' Dino eh? cheesy

Make I nor talk
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by azimibraun: 3:46am On Oct 20, 2012
Chai! See Dino msg and see him dressing.. Dis fly guy no go kill me jare! Anyway posterity go knw say when men shut up, dino bin yarn. Importantly also is d fact dt who dino be no concern me, na werin dino talk matter and as it is nw, dino sha yarn sense. Gbamest!
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by Maxymilliano(m): 5:17am On Oct 20, 2012
Don't know why Dino is just fond of playing to the gallery all in an attempt to be seeing. The Court of Law is there to ameliorate any grievance if he or the ex-speaker feels the impeachment is illegal or suspect an infraction on the laid down procedures.

IMO, leading a street protest on a matter that can be subjected to judicial scrutiny is just a mere waste of time or is he expecting the officials of the Ministry of Justice to overturn the action of the lawbreakers (lawmakers)?

1 Like

Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by slimming: 6:02am On Oct 20, 2012
Has Dino cross back to PDP?
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 20, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Thank God for people like u!!
Most people in dis forum are just impossible!! Smh
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by GARRIx7(m): 7:02am On Oct 20, 2012
azimibraun: Chai! See Dino msg and see him dressing.. Dis fly guy no go kill me jare! Anyway posterity go knw say when men shut up, dino bin yarn. Importantly also is d fact dt who dino be no concern me, na werin dino talk matter and as it is nw, dino sha yarn sense. Gbamest!
yinchar: Sometimes when i read Nigeria news i just kept on shaking my head, for how long would we continue like this...for how long will this lawlessness continue...why do we forget so soon, why are we a lawless country.....how is it possible for a 12-member in a 25-member House of assembly to impeach the speaker without forming a quorum, which is 2/3 of 25-member, and the No 1 citizen, chief Retaardeen cannot condemn the issue in the strongest terms, when Obasanjo was there, we tot is was because Baba no go school to calculate 2/3, but for PhD holder Retaarden i just cant but SMH.......
damola1: Great move by Dino...didn't know he's this smart... and yes... NO to illegal impeachment!

^^^
Only intellectuals can separate ISSUES from PEOPLE....
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by GARRIx7(m): 7:05am On Oct 20, 2012
slimming: Has Dino cross back to PDP?

It's not about party affiliation, it's about the RULE OF LAW...
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by nurus: 8:28am On Oct 20, 2012
The issue is not Dino but the rule of law.Interestingly both Dino and Attorney general are from Kogi State.
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by Iolo(m): 8:35am On Oct 20, 2012
A quorum for state HOA is 1/3 of the total number of members present minus the presiding officer

But to impeach 2/3 of member votes is needed (excludes presiding officer who can't vote unless to split a tie).

They needed to be atleast 16 members in that house for this to be legal.
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by Azedplus(m): 8:44am On Oct 20, 2012
I wonder how some people think,just because they hate the personality of Dino means he's not fighting a good course
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by jamace(m): 9:33am On Oct 20, 2012
Kidnapping of whoever will soon commence in Kogi.
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by Alxmyr(m): 11:46am On Oct 20, 2012
The is another rascally behaviour of Dino.
First, he contested in the election as campaign director of Abubakar Audu, how would he want the protest to be interpreted by the people in the governor's camp?
Second, this same people will accuse the executive for interfering in legislative matters, why was he not in court?
Granted, he has to stage a protest, did he not know that the state attorney general should be the one he should submit his protest letter to and not the attorney-general?
If he has grouse with the swearing in of Idris Wada, as he said on TV, why did he not challenge the legitimacy in court rather than ranting like a parrot on the street, disturbing people with his new found profession?
Re: Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker by GARRIx7(m): 3:40pm On Oct 20, 2012
Alxmyr: The is another rascally behaviour of Dino.
First, he contested in the election as campaign director of Abubakar Audu, how would he want the protest to be interpreted by the people in the governor's camp?
Second, this same people will accuse the executive for interfering in legislative matters, why was he not in court?
Granted, he has to stage a protest, did he not know that the state attorney general should be the one he should submit his protest letter to and not the attorney-general?
If he has grouse with the swearing in of Idris Wada, as he said on TV, why did he not challenge the legitimacy in court rather than ranting like a parrot on the street, disturbing people with his new found profession?

Sir, ur post makes no sense...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Premium Times Train Trip Kano– Lagos (the Return) / Anambra 2013: Say No To Handing Over Anambra State To Fidelity Bank / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.