Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,726 members, 7,802,188 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia (6590 Views)

Saudi Prince Blames African Pilgrims For The Stampede In Mecca / Nigerian Islamic Scholar Dies In Saudi Arabia / 20 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Mecca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by mukina2: 1:12am On Oct 20, 2012
Just as the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, (NAHCON) announced the death of 14 pilgrims, another pilgrim from Lagos State has died, bringing the total number of Nigerian Pilgrims, that have died in Saudi Arabia during this year’s pilgrimage to 15.

The Lagos pilgrim, Taoreed Oshodi, 62, from Epe Local Government Area of Lagos, was said to have died on Thursday afternoon.

He was said to have taken ill and rushed to the hospital, after being attended to by the medical team of the state’s pilgrim board.

Oshodi was said to have died of a heart attack. He had since been buried according to Islamic rites in Mecca.

Speaking, Dr. Saleh Okenwa, Commissioner in Charge of Information and Research, NAHCON, disclosed that 14 pilgrims from Nigeria had earlier died in the course of this year’s hajj. He said at the commission’s headquarters in Mecca that nine of the deceased died in Medinah, while the remaining five lost their lives in Mecca.

Dr. Okenwa gave the names of the five that died earlier in Mecca as Umar Ruangamyi Dahir and Shuaib Awwal Sarki Malami from Kastina State; and Ganiyu Oke Ayinde from Ogun State. Others, according to him, were Abdullahi Mudi and Nana Garba from Sokoto State.

Okenwa also disclosed that 82,724 pilgrims from Nigeria have arrived the holy city for the hajj rites. He absolved the commission of

complicity in the diplomatic feud that ensued between Nigeria and Saudi Arabia over the deportation of some female pilgrims.

Meanwhile, the entire 3,899 pilgrims and officials from Lagos State have arrived Mecca and commenced spiritual supplication as expected. The last batch of 50 pilgrims from Medina arrived Mecca on Wednesday.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/news/8909-15-nigerian-pilgrims-die-in-saudi-arabia-.html
Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by braine(m): 2:36am On Oct 20, 2012
Thats quite sad.
Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by Ramcie(f): 9:41am On Oct 20, 2012
May Allah grant them Al-Janah Firdaus (Amin).

3 Likes

Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by bid4rich(m): 9:43am On Oct 20, 2012
Dont be surprised that, thats the prayer of some of them that go there. Going to mecca to die, prayer request granted!

5 Likes

Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by Exponental(m): 9:44am On Oct 20, 2012
Na wa ooooo! 15!!
Na by force 2 go holy land?
Abi holy land is now dead land
(just asking, no sentiment here).
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by puntersmind: 9:51am On Oct 20, 2012
Suspicious?

1 Like

Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by maclatunji: 10:03am On Oct 20, 2012
Exponental: Na wa ooooo! 15!!

It is a fact that people die everyday. Visit any General Hospital and ask how many people die there per day. Anybody can die at any time, no need for drama.

7 Likes

Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by ParisLove2(f): 10:04am On Oct 20, 2012
That's quite sad. 15 in total?
Ramcie: May Allah grant them Al-Janah Firdaus (Amin).
What will they get there? Both the males and females?
Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by rash47(m): 10:04am On Oct 20, 2012
May ALLAH grant them Aljanna firdausi, Amin thunma Amin

2 Likes

Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 20, 2012
dem force dem go,they believe is good to die in holy land abi?

i pity them,dem dey expect 72 virgin abi?

smh

2 Likes

Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by elderbros(m): 10:27am On Oct 20, 2012
Yomieluv: dem force dem go,they believe is good to die in holy land abi?

smh
i refuse to notice your stupidity...ode

3 Likes

Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by morgist(m): 10:31am On Oct 20, 2012

smh
Paris-Love:

puntersmind: Suspicious?

What will you archive by this is it by force you must comment on something that has nothing to do with you?? you guys are not thinking with your head! why do you think its funny to be mocking other peoples religion please rethink and behave like matured people next time.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by abrajproperties: 10:31am On Oct 20, 2012
ameen
Ramcie: May Allah grant them Al-Janah Firdaus (Amin).

1 Like

Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by dont8(m): 10:32am On Oct 20, 2012
May Allah have mercy on their souls and grant them aljanah firdau.

1 Like

Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by sindyko(m): 10:42am On Oct 20, 2012
Death is compulsory rite, so far u r human or living thing u are born to die. No mockery of died one, No one is monopoly of living till eternity. The more u ar getting older is nearer to death.
Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by optimistD(m): 10:43am On Oct 20, 2012
In every thing, we thank God. He giveth and He teketh.
Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by Alaafialoro(m): 10:53am On Oct 20, 2012
bid4rich: Dont be surprised that, thats the prayer of some of them that go there. Going to mecca to die, prayer request granted!
If I may ask,are you saying dying in Mecca means free passage into paradise?? #just curious#
Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by mallorca(m): 11:00am On Oct 20, 2012
RIP
Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by Policewoman(f): 11:03am On Oct 20, 2012

smh
Your comments are always full of spite, hate and stupidity. I suggest Seun bans you for at least 6mths for insulting people unnecessarily.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by theripper: 11:07am On Oct 20, 2012
Holy Land wan turn Burial ground. By the way, hope other nationalities are dyin and not only Nigerians. RIP to dem, may dey see Muslim heaven.
Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by Ramcie(f): 11:12am On Oct 20, 2012
Paris-Love:
it means "HEAVEN. May Allah make heaven their final abode.
Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by muktarmtt(m): 11:19am On Oct 20, 2012
shut up mumu waiting carry u come here jst 2 make ur stupid comment abi, weather is holy land or nott u most die u r not gonna liv till iternity mtsw
Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by muktarmtt(m): 11:23am On Oct 20, 2012
Paris-Love:
waiting concernd u wat did u get if u go e isreal
Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by muktarmtt(m): 11:26am On Oct 20, 2012

smh
nd u will die 2 without expectation mumu
Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 20, 2012
muktar mtt: nd u will die 2 without expectation mumu
na u wan kill me,u be complete fooolll. i pity your life.
Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by Exponental(m): 11:35am On Oct 20, 2012
muktar mtt: shut up mumu waiting carry u come here jst 2 make ur stupid comment abi, weather is holy land or nott u most die u r not gonna liv till iternity mtsw
I'm not a mumu like u.
listen.......my comment is based on d fact dat many were sick before leaving. That comment is also applicable to christianity.....u slowpoke.
Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by queensmith: 11:37am On Oct 20, 2012
People die on these journeys, I guess it's a risk they are willing to take.

They are probably dying from some disease they caught there- I hope they investigate before other pilgrims return to Nigeria with such diseases. Now that will be a catastrophe, it's one thing to risk your life going on a spiritual venture, its another thing to risk the lives of others who didn't.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by jayM: 11:39am On Oct 20, 2012
Must u show ur ignorance hia?alwaz 72virginz coment.mtcheeew..RIP

smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Condition Of Taobah (repentance) / Why Do Muslims Always Bear Mohammed / The Girl Who Turned To A Monkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.