Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo (6334 Views)

Kogi: Violence Erupts In Faleke’s Hometown, Travellers Barred From Passing / Ondo Election Result / Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today (2) (3) (4)

Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by Kx: 8:59am On Oct 20, 2012
SOS.
Law enforecement officers in a bid to enhance security in the ongoing ondo polls have barred road users from entering and passing through ondo state through the sagamu-benin express way.
We have been held up for over 2hours now at the same spot at the border between ondo state and ogun state at the sagamu benin express way.
SOS.
The risk of being in a long stretch of vehicles in the middle of the bush is high,pls SOS.
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 20, 2012
Nice move expected this move to have been put in place before now
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by emmaduks(m): 10:03am On Oct 20, 2012
at the end of the day,, what will happen will happen is it not the nigeria i know?
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by Born2beRich1(m): 10:10am On Oct 20, 2012
I heard ondo is realy trying...Mimiko shuld carry go make Tinubu no go put sand sand for im garri
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by Nasri100(m): 10:14am On Oct 20, 2012
Sorry! but you most DEF to sleep there today.
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by kwakwas1(m): 10:16am On Oct 20, 2012
why should d highway blocked,Nigeria mumu sense
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 20, 2012
U knew ther was gonna b an election n der wil b curfews,were it b dt therz gonna b a shooot out dts hw ul run into it
Nigerians r stubborn pple.just b ready to sleep there
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by easyfem(m): 10:34am On Oct 20, 2012
I thought those pple dat aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ comment aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ civilize pple.. Notin D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ pls nigeria. Fed govt block ondo state entrance for security purpose, some mumu go still oppose it. ACN ask to change d commissional of police. Fed govt did it.. Some mumu go still oppose it.. D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ decided dat if U̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ thug dat is tryin to coz trouble , D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ shud take U̶̲̥̅̊ to station ɑ̤̥̈̊и̲̮̣̥̅̊∂ if U̶̲̥̅̊ resist, D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ shud shot.. U̶̲̥̅̊ guy aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ still complaining. Everything D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ said , some idiot will still critisize it... When U̶̲̥̅̊ guy go grow up N̶̲̥̅̊a̶̲̥̅̊ ?
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by easyfem(m): 10:35am On Oct 20, 2012
Born 2be Rich: I heard ondo is realy trying...Mimiko shuld carry go make Tinubu no go put sand sand for im garri

Is d best they av never had.. He really try.. Many changes here in ondo state
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by Kx: 11:10am On Oct 20, 2012
Am surprised u guys think dis is funny?
Why was d road not blocked when edo state had their guber elections?
People are stubborn you said?
On the only federal road linking west,east and south?
As at now, d traffic has stretched all the way to sagamu.
Fully loaded fuel tankers, ambulance with corpses scheduled for interment,heavily pregnant women, innocenet babies, transporters etc all lock down since 6.30am on a federal road all because of a state election?
Yet they said they won't be access till 4.00pmm
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 20, 2012
Kx: Am surprised u guys think dis is funny?
Fully loaded fuel tankers, ambulance with corpses scheduled for interment,heavily pregnant women, innocenet babies, transporters etc all lock down since 6.30am on a federal road all because of a state election?

eyaah.... Did you travel along with a pillow Incase you want to run your A.C. while waiting, your fuel tank would have been empty by 4pm.
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by chucky234(m): 11:35am On Oct 20, 2012
ONDO VOTES:
Citizen Tosin @ Oshinle alleges ACN
people're distributing N10,000,6yards of Ankara & packaged kerosene to
residents#ondovotes,#ondodecides
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by Sophiegurl(f): 11:44am On Oct 20, 2012
Even If the road was going to be blocked or closed, they should have applied common sense and make it a national broadcast in order for pple to know. Nonsense

Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by otokx(m): 11:55am On Oct 20, 2012
The foolishness of Nigeria, a federal road ought not to be blocked because of a state election.
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by eaglechild: 12:00pm On Oct 20, 2012
fonzie2u: U knew ther was gonna b an election n der wil b curfews,were it b dt therz gonna b a shooot out dts hw ul run into it
Nigerians r stubborn pple.just b ready to sleep there
Ur ignorance is saddening, and moreso ur lack of empathy.
The IG declared that those passing through the state via the federal highway are free.
Because a state is conducting elections the only rd connecting the SW to the SS and SE shld be cut off.
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by MznAirA(f): 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2012
Kx: SOS.
Law enforecement officers in a bid to enhance security in the ongoing ondo polls have barred road users from entering and passing through ondo state through the sagamu-benin express way.
We have been held up for over 2hours now at the same spot at the border between ondo state and ogun state at the sagamu benin express way.
SOS.
The risk of being in a long stretch of vehicles in the middle of the bush is high,pls SOS.

Y should u travel today of all days Well just hope nd pray u leave there on time cuz u shld ve inquired well about ur journey before embarking as the curfew was announced two days back.
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 20, 2012
& here i am planning τ̅o enta eko tomoro! i quit!
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by oluchijud(f): 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2012
torres2: Nice move expected this move to have been put in place before now
. 9ce wat?!u must be high on cheap drugs... y shld a federal high-way b blocked cos of election?.. Most of d buses are travelling 2 d east a 5-hour road block is being mounted on d road . W)tin concern high-way wt ondo election?.. Nigerians n their annoying sense of reasoning. If u were stuck in such a hold-up,u wld not say such a thing.. I dey go enugu and i neva evn rch Ore n i'm supposed 2 stay @ a spot 4 more dan 4hrz.. D worst part of it is d@ only buses going 2 ondo state are being allowed 2 cross while dose going 2 d east were stopped n someone's saying itz a gud move... Mtcheeew
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by eaglechild: 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2012
stranded travellers
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 20, 2012
eaglechild:
Ur ignorance is saddening, and moreso ur lack of empathy.
The IG declared that those passing through the state via the federal highway are free.
Because a state is conducting elections the only rd connecting the SW to the SS and SE shld be cut off.

An election is going on and ur travelling,in every society during elections there r restrictions. Pple like you hide under d guise of empathy to break d law.let common sense prevail
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by gajike: 3:35pm On Oct 20, 2012
chucky234: ONDO VOTES:
Citizen Tosin @ Oshinle alleges ACN
people're distributing N10,000,6yards of Ankara & packaged kerosene to
residents#ondovotes,#ondodecides

its true although not in ondo state. my state gov. of osun state gov. aregbe donate the kerosine,
source. my friend trucks was hired to take the kerosine stuck in kedges to ondo state on thursday.
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 20, 2012
Kx: Am surprised u guys think dis is funny?
Edo wx blocked during d electionz. Studentz who went to write post ume @ kogi state university were held @ a spot around igara in akoko edo local govt. Itz all security measures to make sure the election is free & fair. U talkd about corpse going 4 internment. U may be surprised to see dt thumb printed ballot paperz is wht is dt cofinz and ambulance.
Thatz d best security measure in a country where people look 4 d slightest hole in d wall to place their lizard (wuruwuru) headz!
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 20, 2012
fonzie2u: .

An election is going on and ur travelling,in every society during elections there r restrictions. Pple like you hide under d guise of empathy to break d law.let common sense prevail

Please tell the lopsided thinker.. Nigerianz are onesided and parochial in their thotz. Make them fly nah!
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by eaglechild: 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2012
torhuke:
Please tell the lopsided thinker.. Nigerianz are onesided and parochial in their thotz. Make them fly nah!

Ur reasoning is subpar. Edo state conducted elections not very long ago and interstate travellers passed freely without a hitch.
The IG didnt give any such order.
Who is breaking the law?
I guess u are frm Ondo state, the state is less than 4% of the country's population so interstate travellers on a federal highway have no reason to be stopped frm going abt their business.
U're talking abt 3 geopolitical zones cut off, that's abt 15 states and ur idiotic decerebrate mind tells u it's alright.
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2012
Its a necessary inconvenience cos we wouldnt want our state to be besieged by goons from self acclaimed political godfather to rig a peaceful election!
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by eaglechild: 4:33pm On Oct 20, 2012

They shld have stopped the earth's rotation because a backward insignificant state that makes up less than 4% of the country's population is conducting fake elections.
Pls refer to any of yesterday's dailies to see what the IG said abt movt thru the state and stop being irritatingly ignorant.
I usually dont reply mofos but i owe u some enlightenment.
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 20, 2012
eaglechild:
They shld have stopped the earth's rotation because a backward insignificant state that makes up less than 4% of the country's population is conducting fake elections.
Pls refer to any of yesterday's dailies to see what the IG said abt movt thru the state and stop being irritatingly ignorant.
I usually dont reply mofos but i owe u some enlightenment.

Ur d average minded Nigerian who doesn't know what security is all about.Ondo mite even B d most unproductive state in d world but d fact remains that an election is goin on n ther must b restrictions (Logic 101)ability of concise reasoning
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2012
eaglechild:

Ur reasoning is subpar. Edo state conducted elections not very long ago and interstate travellers passed freely without a hitch.
The IG didnt give any such order.
Who is breaking the law?
I guess u are frm Ondo state, the state is less than 4% of the country's population so interstate travellers on a federal highway have no reason to be stopped frm going abt their business.
U're talking abt 3 geopolitical zones cut off, that's abt 15 states and ur idiotic decerebrate mind tells u it's alright.
U av xhibited d highness of yr folly. U must be a fool of foolz. My cousinz sis who was traveling frm kogI to Lagos wx held around ogori magongo which is nxt to akoko edo becos of the electionz. They were alowed to move @ abt 4:30 pm dat day. Bt ur brainlessness will make u talk factlessly. It wx announced dt ther wil be curfew in ondo state 4 security reasonz as regads d election and u think D federal roadz dt crosses ondo state shuld be exempted. Den wht are dey curfewing? slowpoke like u will spew mess frm yr sour mouth and even insult people in d process.. Go and pass the people stranded their & if ur involved, u can do yr sef a fovour by slaping one of d soldierz on road block.
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by eaglechild: 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2012
torhuke:
U av xhibited d highness of yr folly. U must be a fool of foolz. My cousinz sis who was traveling frm kogI to Lagos wx held around ogori magongo which is nxt to akoko edo becos of the electionz. They were alowed to move @ abt 4:30 pm dat day. Bt ur brainlessness will make u talk factlessly. It wx announced dt ther wil be curfew in ondo state 4 security reasonz as regads d election and u think D federal roadz dt crosses ondo state shuld be exempted. Den wht are dey curfewing? slowpoke like u will spew mess frm yr sour mouth and even insult people in d process.. Go and pass the people stranded their & if ur involved, u can do yr sef a fovour by slaping one of d soldierz on road block.
U are a typical eejit!
2 wrongs have never made a right.

And the right thing still remains that the directive was given to allow interstate travellers access thru the federal highway.
Like i said these travellers have no business with ur elections it would have been easy for the police to barricade any road leading off the highway.
Those same pple imposing the curfew allowed hawkers to drive to ore and get merchandise for sale to stranded travellers.
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by okooyinbo(m): 8:52pm On Oct 20, 2012

Who told you this lie? There is never such a restriction in a DECENT society. Here in Germany, I have voted on numerous occasions without my rights being restricted. I have the freedom to go to the poll station at any time from 8am till 6pm to cast my votes. I do not need to register to get a voters card all the time, my national ID and the letter of invitation to vote are sufficient. And by the way, voting is mostly done on Sundays over here.

Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 20, 2012
okooyinbo:

Who told you this lie? There is never such a restriction in a DECENT society. Here in Germany, I have voted on numerous occasions without my rights being restricted. I have the freedom to go to the poll station at any time from 8am till 6pm to cast my votes. I do not need to register to get a voters card all the time, my national ID and the letter of invitation to vote are sufficient. And by the way, voting are mostly done on Sundays over here.
Pele oo. We av seen u, German machine.
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 20, 2012
eaglechild:
U are a typical eejit!
2 wrongs have never made a right.

And the right thing still remains that the directive was given to allow interstate travellers access thru the federal highway.
Like i said these travellers have no business with ur elections it would have been easy for the police to barricade any road leading off the highway.
Those same pple imposing the curfew allowed hawkers to drive to ore and get merchandise for sale to stranded travellers.
Curfew is a regulation requiring people not to move in a given place and @ a given time. Curfew in ds electionz cannot be said to be total. Observerz, press crew.. Are allowed to move xo as to give situation reportz. People who are eligible to vote av gat to move. Inec stafz & observerz av got to move bt allowing interstate travle may impede security measurez. Ore is a busy cum boiling point. If interstate vehiclez pass and somtin else happenz, ds same u will blame security operativez. Anyway, am not suprise cos therz nothyn in Nigeria dat seemz right to some nit-picking jabberz like ur humble self.

Breaking News!!! Seven Commissioners Of Apc In Rivers State Decamps / RE: Political mistake / FG, States’ Debt Profile Rise To ₦32.92 Trillion - NBS

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58