Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,912 members, 7,802,969 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo (6335 Views)

Kogi: Violence Erupts In Faleke’s Hometown, Travellers Barred From Passing / Ondo Election Result / Ondo Election Tribunal To Be Inaugurated Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by sixfoot(m): 6:58am On Oct 21, 2012
I just got into lagos by 1am.After staying at Edo\Ondo boundary from 11am to 6pm.It is so preposterous because I rmbr vividly dt during d recently held edo elections,interstate farers plying the fed highway were not barred. It was so sensless barring motorists yesterday.To me it is a crude security approach dt is umbecoming in the 21st century.U need to see babies wailing,preg women exasperated and various pple with certain health challenges.In d end,trucks blocked both sides of the highway.The highpoint was when a truck lost its brakes n was forced by motorists to use d highway balustrades as a stopper.God should help us.
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by eaglechild: 4:04pm On Oct 21, 2012
sixfoot+:
I just got into lagos by 1am.After staying at Edo\Ondo boundary from 11am to 6pm.It is so preposterous because I rmbr vividly dt during d recently held edo elections,interstate farers plying the fed highway were not barred. It was so sensless barring motorists yesterday.To me it is a crude security approach dt is umbecoming in the 21st century.U need to see babies wailing,preg women exasperated and various pple with certain health challenges.In d end,trucks blocked both sides of the highway.The highpoint was when a truck lost its brakes n was forced by motorists to use d highway balustrades as a stopper.God should help us.
The problem is that it's easy for someone who doesnt know the consequences of this absolutely unnecessary and crude action to sit back somewhere and say it's justified forgetting that it's still lives that are at risk.
I hear some babies died during the 10hr wait plus other possible casualties of ill passengers.
Road safety had to evacuate so many ill pple.
And NO directive was given to bar interstate travellers so traffic remained at its full blast.
Re: Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo by eaglechild: 4:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
sixfoot+:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bode George Supports President Jonathan / Forgery Trial: Saraki Adjourns Senate Plenary To Thursday / Northerners Blast Tinubu For Renting Almajiiri With N500 (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.