Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe (4689 Views)

Nigerian Troops Claim They Killed 100 Boko Haram Militants In Yobe(photos) / "Heart Attacks & Frustration Kill 7 Parents Of Chibok Girls" - Community Leader / Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by prettyG: 3:21pm On Oct 20, 2012
Seven persons were reportedly killed on Saturday in Potiskum, Yobe State. The deceased persons include a former Area Comptroller of Nigeria Custom Service, Waziri Ajiya, and his son Dr. Ibrahim Waziri, as well as a retired ASP of Police, Mohammed Haruna, his wife and three children. Haruna and his family were killed at Sabon Layi area of Potiskum, after gunmen trailed him to his house.

Ajiya and his son were both shot dead in a forest along Gombe road after they were abducted from their residence in Nahuta Quarters, Potiskum, the state capital. Patrick Egbuniwe, the state commissioner of Police, confirmed the killings. "The hoodlums are trying to adopt the same operation like the one they did in Damaturu which we stopped," he said.

The commissioner said efforts were being made to track the assailants, adding that the force had restrategised in order to curtail serial killings in the state. A resident who spoke on condition of anonymity said the gunmen stormed Ajiya's house at about 1:30 a.m., kidnapped him and his son and took them to a forest along Gombe road where they were killed.

"His family communicated to us around 2:00 a.m. that some gunmen kidnapped Waziri and Ibrahim," the source said.

The source further revealed that the Comptroller mistook the assailants for security operatives that were conducting search, and came out to enquire for their mission when he was kidnapped. "He pleaded with them to allow him talk to his son, instead they took the son with them when they confirmed that he was a medical doctor," he said.

The deceased persons were laid to rest according to Islamic rites around 12 p.m.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/gunmen-kill-7-yobe
Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by okosodo: 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2012
Dem dey talk d one wen dem first do, dem dey do anoda one
Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by Youngzedd(m): 6:21pm On Oct 20, 2012
Gunmen again!.

God help Nigeria.
Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by elampiro(m): 6:26pm On Oct 20, 2012
May God help our country. Amen.
Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by ArQueBusieR(m): 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2012
That makes ~30 in just 72 hours.
Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by adonisyung(m): 6:30pm On Oct 20, 2012
Its tym erryb0dy shld have a gun in nigeria!its nw survival 0f d fittest
Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by franchizy(m): 6:30pm On Oct 20, 2012
So happy dat I'm d first person to comment here, may there soul rest in peace. Insha Allah
Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by gbadexy(m): 6:49pm On Oct 20, 2012
All I know is that the hausas are not as pious as they used to be.
Before, if they say Allah, you can take it to bank. Now they represent in all vices and show more brutality.
These people are capitalizing on the boko haram issue to perpetrate all manner of crimes.
Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 20, 2012
so much violence happening now,
i have become numb to such news. undecided
Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by seunawo1(m): 6:54pm On Oct 20, 2012
After killing more than 30 peoples, they are telling us only 7.God is seeing all of us
Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by AustineE1: 7:47pm On Oct 20, 2012
....what a waste! may the souls of the deceased rest in peace,may God grant there families the fortitude to bear this irreparable lost!the end of the assailants will definatly be worst than that of there victims!'mans inhumanity to his fellow man'!my heart goes out to there families.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by mu2sa2: 8:28pm On Oct 20, 2012
RIP. Boko haram keeps changing tactics. Initially they attacked only security forces. They then started attacking churches(though not individual xtians outside church), muslim clerics who oppose them, and ward heads suspected of working against them. In their latest statement BH threatens to start attacking wives and children of members of the security forces - Ibrahim shekau specifically mentions SSS men as targets. It would appear that boko haram treats retired members of uniformed services as if they were still in service hence this attack and similar ones in the past. These retired persons as we hav seen are particularly vulnerable and should be extremely security conscious as boko haram violence is getting worse by the day.
Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by Asiwaju9ja(m): 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2012
I am traveling next month to south africa. I have made up my mind and that is I am going to buy a gun. However, because it is illegal to own the type I wanna get, I need a silencer to go with it. I am not sure I can get that in South Africa. What do I do?
Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by victorD3: 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2012
What is the population of northern Nigeria again?

Well don't tell me they still populated than South.
Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by kinguwem: 9:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
What a people! These people want to take us back to the dark age. Killing of persons including a medical doctor which is a scarce resource in that state demonstrates the state of primitivity of the people.
Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by omenziate(m): 10:33pm On Oct 20, 2012
The North will drag Nigeria to d stone age. Who fights such senseless wars at dis present time. We are all feeling d pangs of bad governance, coupled wit dis insecurity and wanton killings is too much to deal with . Wetin Aboki want abeg?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by otokx(m): 10:41pm On Oct 20, 2012
It used to be Maiduguri now Yobe state has been added.
Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by GentleNaaz(m): 10:44pm On Oct 20, 2012
4m bokoharam 2 herdsmen 2 gunmen. Anoda go b herdsharm 2 gunharam. Nonsens 2 nonsensharam
Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by Ranoscky(m): 4:13am On Oct 21, 2012
franchizy: So happy dat I'm d first person to comment here, may there soul rest in peace. Insha Allah
Unfortunately, u r the 6th person. R.I.P.
Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by greall1: 4:32am On Oct 21, 2012
Northerners ha ha
Re: Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe by AbdulAdam56(m): 5:55am On Oct 21, 2012
Ina lillahi wa ina ilaihi raji,un,may there soul r.i.p

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Another Multi-billion Naira Complex In Abuja Seized By EFCC Authorities / Osun Job Centre Is A Fraud, A Misstep - Osun PDP / Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.