Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. (15296 Views)

Nigerian Hit Music Videos You Will Never See On Trace Urban / Blogger Replies Trace Urban, Mocks Loyal Nigerian Artistes. / Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by IleIfe2(m): 9:48am On Oct 21, 2012
aguiyi: a very viable business opportunity is starring us in the face yet we are seeing it as a set back cry cry cry

Kwenu!!!! Sharpest badt guys. Na true you talk, Odikwa serious opportunity o. One more channel should join Soundcity.
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by amosy007: 9:49am On Oct 21, 2012
how many south african songs are being played in soundcity and nigezie? nigerians and their conspiracy theories ...u forgot that these stations contributed immensely in nigeria music industry today promoting our guys ... u cant expect a south african company to promote nigerian music more that south african music
or u want AIT, STV or Soundcity to play more ghana or congolese music for u?
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by timbros(m): 9:52am On Oct 21, 2012
Hayjaycity:

Answer your question by urself nah!..the mentioned artistes should have rejected the collaboration in the first place, telling the nigerian artistes they produce crappy music nah. Jst like the other bastard said.

Why would they reject the collabos when they are paid? Do you know the difference between DYING to do something and ACCEPTING to do that same thing?
Nigerian artistes are infact dying to do collabo with their American counterparts. How many times have you seen a concert in America with a Nigerian artiste as the MAIN act ahead of American artistes? But here in Nigeria you have Ludacris or R.Kelly or Ashanti as the MAIN act ahead of D'bang etc...

Guy abeg dont compare American and Nigerian artistes...

AMERICANS ARE NOT DYING TO COLLABO WITH NIGERIANS.
#shikenah

1 Like

Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by drpompay(m): 9:59am On Oct 21, 2012
Really wonder why pple bother watching MTV base or Trace when "Sound City" can make u go late for work and keep u vigil all thru d nite. We no longer need d SA music channels to promote our music, Sound City is doing more than that!!!

1 Like

Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by mu2sa2: 10:01am On Oct 21, 2012
We are all singing ONE NIGERIA because of music. That's not bad, but we should THINK One Nigeria ALWAYS.
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by Mentcee(m): 10:02am On Oct 21, 2012
FreeGlobe: rubbish post.. Nigeria music is crap anyway. overrated by nigerians.. This article belongs to the dustbin. Why not go to mtv or bet and ask them to ditch American songs and start playing nigeria crap music. you put your mouth where your money is. crap article.
are you normal? Chichidodo emptyhead.
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 21, 2012
timbros:

Why would they reject the collabos when they are paid? Do you know the difference between DYING to do something and ACCEPTING to do that same thing?
Nigerian artistes are infact dying to do collabo with their American counterparts. How many times have you seen a concert in America with a Nigerian artiste as the MAIN act ahead of American artistes? But here in Nigeria you have Ludacris or R.Kelly or Ashanti as the MAIN act ahead of D'bang etc...

Guy abeg dont compare American and Nigerian artistes...

AMERICANS ARE NOT DYING TO COLLABO WITH NIGERIANS.
#shikenah

In and event early this year, there was a concert in New York, around April, where D'banj and his crew were the main act, so dnt tell me dat, it will definitely starts from somewhere, buh are u aware, there are many concerts here in africa, where nigerian artist are the main act ahead or their african conterparts and pulls a lot of crowd, so someone should not regard nigerian music as crappy...We will definitely get there..
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by Saintsquare(m): 10:32am On Oct 21, 2012
Naija is already getting,slowly but surely.A group of SA artists are being shown on dstv and after mentioning international artist like Jay Z and Rickross,they also gave a great kudos to D`banj for reppin Africa @ large internationally.
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by druid06(m): 10:33am On Oct 21, 2012
Apart from the United States, Nigerians are the coolest people on earth. You could notice that by our fashion taste, our slangs and our good music. If you've been to other African countries, as soon as they notice that you're Nigerian, they seem to become jealous to the extent of violence. There's is something so unique about us. We're too hip for our own good.
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by FreeGlobe(f): 10:37am On Oct 21, 2012
Mentcee: are you normal? Chichidodo emptyhead.
no, you are not normal, read my comment again and die. its the truth.
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 21, 2012
Who get time for south africa & oda african countries with their local monotonous choir songs?

We are taking hiphop away from americans! Nigerian musicians are d bomb! Even americans are becoming scared of our talents!

D questn nw is: wht level will nigerians be if their economy is ok?

Forget it man africans are too smal to be a treat to us ~ we will rule d world one day!

I feel it man! Gosh! I FEEl IT!

1 Like

Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by timbros(m): 10:42am On Oct 21, 2012
Hayjaycity:

In and event early this year, there was a concert in New York, around April, where D'banj and his crew were the main act, so dnt tell me dat, it will definitely starts from somewhere, buh are u aware, there are many concerts here in africa, where nigerian artist are the main act ahead or their african conterparts and pulls a lot of crowd, so someone should not regard nigerian music as crappy...We will definitely get there..

I agree with you that here in Africa, Nigerian artistes are among the best. And I never condemned Nigeria music as crap.

What I was against in your post was where you said American artistes are DYING to collabo with Nigerian artistes. You are very wrong in that statement.

When someone is dying to do something means that thing is almost impossible for him to do so he is trying extremely hard to achieve that thing.... Could that be said of American artistes in collaborating with Nigerians?

Imagine this scenario: Wande Coal wants to feature Snoop in a song. Do you know what it will take for him to finally get Snoop to collabo with him?
Ok turn the scenario the other way round: Snoop wants to feature Wande Coal in a song, do you think it will be hard to convince Wande Coal to accept the offer?

Now, Wande and Snoop who do you think will be DYING to collabo the other?
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by Shaw007(m): 10:43am On Oct 21, 2012
I thought as much,i thought it was jst me,infact i rarely see Naija music especially On trace,all i see is all these Boring,souless songs with No sweet tune or actION!!

And Now the Next thing is to cook up some excuse and remove soundcitry 4rm dstv totally,i think we shud av seen this coming,

sincerely,its their Loss,Especially mtv base which deals more with African music. . .and we all Know African Music Minus Nigerian Music is Hogwash!!

And Now this shud be a wake-up call 2 Nigerians 2 really step up their Game(Tv) i mean. . .what's stOPping them 4rm growth??
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by FreeGlobe(f): 10:47am On Oct 21, 2012
Mentcee: are you normal? Chichidodo emptyhead.
no, you are not normal, read my comment again and die if you want. Nigeria music is overrated crap. its the truth. The SA people you are dissing have more internationally acclaimed and popular musicians than Nigeria but you dont see them saying thier music is the best like noisy people like you with crap music do.
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by fankasibe: 11:00am On Oct 21, 2012
For God sake, who could be so foolish, stúpid and dump to prefer Trace-urban/MTV to my darling soundcity and KM....GOD punish all 9ja hates.
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by fankasibe: 11:00am On Oct 21, 2012
For God sake, who could be so foolish, stúpid and dump to prefer Trace-urban/MTV to my darling soundcity and KM?....GOD punish all 9ja hates.
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 21, 2012
Ar u ppl just discoverin dis?i was discussin wit som1 2mnts ago tellin if he noticed wen eva nigerian tracks are aired on Trace Tv,as if d Dj in d studio has bin instructed nt 2 allw any nigerian track 2 finish playin,all of a sudden b4 d track finishes,it's changed 2 d nxt track or song...bt 4 oda tracks,dey allw it till d end..dats nt ma problem,anyway.
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by brightchukwudi(m): 11:17am On Oct 21, 2012
FreeGlobe: rubbish post.. Nigeria music is crap anyway. overrated by nigerians.. This article belongs to the dustbin. Why not go to mtv or bet and ask them to ditch American songs and start playing nigeria crap music. you put your mouth where your money is. crap article.

1 0f south african fools.......mxw!!!!!!
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by Revealedtv(m): 11:23am On Oct 21, 2012
Trace Urban And MtvBase have a wide reach...far more wider than soundcity can pull, so our artists need those channels. Although It didn't take those channels to get snoop to feature with Dbanj or Kanye to sign him, as long as we keep doing our thing, others will have no choice but to pay attention. Dbanj and Don Jazzy really changed the game with those aforementioned stunts!
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by mrhansome12(m): 11:33am On Oct 21, 2012
amosy007: how many south african songs are being played in soundcity and nigezie? nigerians and their conspiracy theories ...u forgot that these stations contributed immensely in nigeria music industry today promoting our guys ... u cant expect a south african company to promote nigerian music more that south african music
or u want AIT, STV or Soundcity to play more ghana or congolese music for u?
mr man trace and Mtv are nt SA own company they just have their African outlet at SA
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by ortopazz(m): 11:41am On Oct 21, 2012
Billyonaire: If this is true, then DSTV should be made to face stiff regulation or booted out. With Multichoice out, we will get ourselves new cable networks without their silly bias.
on point
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2012
bright chukwudi:

1 0f south african fools.......mxw!!!!!!

Abeg all of una o...I hereby plead on his behalf, coz he knows not what he says...so make we all free am, he should just learn that Nigerian artistes are forces to reckon with in the world's music industry..
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by ortopazz(m): 12:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
FreeGlobe:
no, you are not normal, read my comment again and die if you want. Nigeria music is overrated crap. its the truth. The SA people you are dissing have more internationally acclaimed and popular musicians than Nigeria but you dont see them saying thier music is the best like noisy people like you with crap music do.

can u imagine thz crab, mention 1 southafrican artiste than can cause the raving craze that naija artists cause, Davido when did he come out buh when he is in S.A he his acclaimed as a mini god, jozi, hhp, liquideep, etc which of them has caused a craze down here in naija, Iyanya's kukere is a sure mad hit, even crappy,wacky rap artistes like Sino rambo, skales are having more hits than the south African names mentioned, how the hell do u compare s/a artist to naija, who has sold out concerts more abroad, timaya is selling out arenas in scandinavian countries, i no go evn talk abou tha popular ones u knw dekpe!

1 Like

Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by ortopazz(m): 1:03pm On Oct 21, 2012
FreeGlobe:
ur stu.upid 4 dat sef
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 21, 2012
FreeGlobe:
Popular musicians namely?
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 21, 2012
Besides, kenyan artists are starting to impress me..likes of camp mullah and stella mwangi..
.perhaps, if SA artists work harder, their videos will be aired more often..
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by ortopazz(m): 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
FreeGlobe:
am guessing u dint watch The Last B.B.A those guys were feeling Goldie's musique like madt, and ur comparing them to us, imagine o!
Goldie's video was crazy mehn they felt her, goldie o! E b lyk u de blind u do kno!
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by Saintsquare(m): 2:14pm On Oct 21, 2012
sheyie2007: Besides, kenyan artists are starting to impress me..likes of camp mullah and stella mwangi..
.perhaps, if SA artists work harder, their videos will be aired more often..
Yea,Stella Nwangi alone is killing it in Norway and other countries in Europe,lookie lookie was a nice hit.
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 21, 2012
Saintsquare: Yea,Stella Nwangi alone is killing it in Norway and other countries in Europe,lookie lookie was a nice hit.

I'm a big fan!
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by diki1(m): 2:19pm On Oct 21, 2012
They shuld fear us. In d next 50yrs we wuld still b rulling d entertainment world. They can't catch us
Re: Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. by Zico0(m): 2:23pm On Oct 21, 2012
Nigerian songs are as crappy as weezy's lyrics or dat of rozay and the likes if you try to take meaning out of eachword. Most times, we r only impressed and marvelled at their perfection in putting words together in sweet rhythm, to use rap as an example.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wizkid And Yemi Alade Nominated For BET Awards / INSTRUMENTAL: Olamide - Poverty Die (beat By Hitsound) / Tems' Performance At The MOBO Awards 2021 (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.