Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married (14026 Views)

10 Good Reasons You Should Not Date A Married Man. / 8 Things You Should Never Do For A Lover You’ve Not Married / Why Are You Not Married Yet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Timijo(m): 11:16pm On Oct 20, 2012
1. You are focused on your career.

And you are not going to apologize for it. Some people call this being a"b****,"because you are a lady and you have a job that you might be more focused on than smiling pretty and making sure you don' t intimidate Mr. Right. Most of us just call this being alive in 2012 ( you know the time the economy tanked and we had to work to eat).

2. You have standards.

You know you could have settled for Mr."I just don' t like your friends,"or,"I just don' t think women have ever done anything important,"or,"so, about that Olufemi,"or even,"I only cheated on you once,"but you realized you could do better. And frankly, being alone is just more manageable and makes you happier than being in a relationship that's the pits. So you didn' t marry him, even though you probably could have.

3. You can' t afford it.

According to the Brookings Institute marriage rates are down for people that don' t have money. It's not even that women don' t want to get married , as much as men don' t feel ready to propose until they have the cash to support a family. There is no special Spanx you can buy that will bolster a man's self-esteem to convince him that you don' t care he is broke. Many people are still tied to the idea that men have to out earn women, even though you have a job (remember that you are mega-focused on) and could probably support the both of you . Plus, the average cost of a wedding is 500, 000 naira. Yes, you read that right.

4. You are waiting until all people can get married .

Yup, that's right, your personal life is a f****** statement about love .

5. You don' t need or want a symbolic public ceremony to celebrate something you already have.

You already know you and boo are ride or die, why spend the money on a wedding when you can do that Spanish immersion program you have been planning for the entire time you 've known each other? You two are an adventurous lot, committed to each other and show it in more genuine ways than the most traditional and played out way ever known to civilization.

6. You 've got a life and friends that you are happy with.

If a dude shows up that's cool, but you are not sweating it because every day is an awesome new adventure full of phone calls from loved ones, cupcakes, yoga classes and dance parties. You enjoy each minute, focus on the positive and when you are down (a symptom of life, not just single life) you have 500 friends to call, because you have spent time on all types of relationships, not just the kind that will lead to marriage. Friendship-the realest investment a lady can make.

7. Monogamy just doesn' t work for you .

You tried it and it didn' t work. It's better to know now then put unrealistic expectations on yourself and your partner only to have a crappy break-up where it is revealed you are an infidel. We don' t have"respectable"models of these characters (because often cheaters are a*******), so we assume they are all sex crazed home wreckers, but some are genuinely just born this way.

8. You are sexually liberated.

See also: sexually adventurous, referred to as"slut"by people from the olden days, religious leaders, people that think vaginas are gross and Tracy McMillan. Right now, you just wanna get down, and that's not a lie, that's libido #realtalk.

9. You have"issues."

And you fully realize this and want to deal with them before you get into a serious relationship. Instead of being irresponsible and shoveling them under a rug to save face and look like Mrs. Right, you are dealing with your s*** and getting ready to be in a serious long-term relationship. That does not happen overnight and you shouldn' t rush yourself because of some invented standard age by which you should be married .

10 . You legitimately just don' t want to get married .

No, you are not lying to yourself; you actually just don' t want to get married . You 've been to lots of weddings, you appreciated some of the sentiments, you were happy for everyone, but you didn' t walk out wishing it were you that got married . In fact, the idea of a wedding dress makes you break out into hives and you don' t want a blood diamond, you think forever is b******* and you have no interest in feeding into the romantic industrial complex. You have a hard time reconciling your politics with what you see as a deeply problematic institution. (Or, you 're just an atheist.)

2 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 20, 2012
^can i get a summarised version??

1 Like

Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 20, 2012
I like this very much and I could add so many more reasons wink
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by 190theclown: 12:00am On Oct 21, 2012
First because I've not been able to-rake enough money
To-get myself a range rover sports for myself and a benz 190 for my wife

Secondly becos I've not been able to-raise enough money to-buy an estate duplex in nigeria
And buy a full maintained face-me-i-face-you building for my wife

And lastly becase I've not been able 2 generate enough cash 2 compete with d likes of
Bill gates and dangote - while at same time sending my wife 2 sell tomotoes at oju-elegba lagos

6 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 21, 2012
My reason isn't stated, why?
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Mynd44: 3:04am On Oct 21, 2012
Too long. There is no way in hell I am reading that
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by UmericanGirl(f): 6:21am On Oct 21, 2012
Im not married because Im a UGLYMOFO.
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Mynd44: 7:41am On Oct 21, 2012
UmericanGirl: Im not married because Im a UGLYMOFO.
good for you
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 21, 2012
Yep. 1, 5, and 10. No be crime.
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Mynd44: 7:52am On Oct 21, 2012
ogugua88: Yep. 1, 5, and 10. No be crime.
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 21, 2012
11. Still searching......
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 21, 2012
190-the-clown:
First because I've not been able to-rake enough money
To-get myself a [b]range rover sports for myself and a benz 190 for my wife

[/b]Secondly becos I've not been able to-raise enough money to-buy an estate duplex in nigeria
And buy a full maintained face-me-i-face-you building for my wife

And lastly becase I've not been able 2 generate enough cash 2 compete with d likes of
Bill gates and dangote - while at same time sending my wife 2 sell tomotoes at oju-elegba lagos

kai what a husband.

190 for your wife grin grin
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by candieangel12(f): 11:00am On Oct 21, 2012
Not yet ready to baby sit a grown a$s man

2 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by claremont(m): 11:01am On Oct 21, 2012
Marriage is an old-fashioned social construct, almost everything to be enjoyed in marriage can as well be enjoyed outside a marriage. I like to think I'm in an open-relationship.

1 Like

Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by cap28: 11:08am On Oct 21, 2012
most of the above do not apply in the nigerian context.

nigerians have been conditioned to beleive that marriage is the be all and end all and thats why nigerians marry people who they have no business marrying even if it is staring them in the face that misery and despair awaits them.

In the west people usually get married after many months or even years of living together, also many people in the western world simply do not even beleive in marriage and are quite happy to cohabit forever, especially the ones with money. rich western men - who have been through one divorce do not usually want to get married again. women in the western world will not usually be interested in marriage unless they're going to gain financially from it and when it starts going bad they bail out very very quickly taking a lot of your money with them.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by jigawatts(m): 11:16am On Oct 21, 2012

SAME HERE grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by cap28: 11:18am On Oct 21, 2012
A famous rapper - Mos Def married the woman in this video even though he'd only known her for 4 days!!! what he didnt know was that she was a serial groupie who had already been with 5 different NBA players, she also used to work as a stripper. 4 months later the woman walked out on him and Mos Def has been ordered by a divorce court to pay her a whopping $4million dollars for just 4 months of marriage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN1pOJSDWIs
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by omotolsy(m): 11:20am On Oct 21, 2012
wats ur definition of ugly ?
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Burger01(m): 11:32am On Oct 21, 2012
Kai!! O ma se o. None of the above. Still battling with genotype wahala. I can't let her go cos we love each other. Damn genotype, I just decided I'm gonna marry her. By my faith all will be well. Please, wish me well o...
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by jhydebaba(m): 11:34am On Oct 21, 2012
I am not married because I don't wanna die young.
The economic challenges in the country is enough to give an heart attack then when u add a woman who will always remind u that, I'm sorry.
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by shevon: 11:43am On Oct 21, 2012

It's not left to you to judge if you are ugly or not; let 'your man' be the judge. One thing I know is that every man/woman has a woman/man for him/her. When he comes, he will make you realize that you've been spelling beautiful the wrong way.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Amya(f): 12:07pm On Oct 21, 2012
None of the above is applicable to me. I'm not married simply because I've not met the person I want to spend the REST of my life with.

1 Like

Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Smartjeezy(m): 12:19pm On Oct 21, 2012
I don't know the one to pick out of my 12 girlfriends....
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by amyg(f): 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2012
Cos I wanna marry 4 love but economy won't let love thrive+genotype wahala.
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by DANILSA(m): 12:34pm On Oct 21, 2012
Smart jeezy: I don't know the one to pick out of my 12 girlfriends....
OLIVER TWIST U LIKE THEM ALL BUT DONT WANT TO BE CALLED ASHA grin grin grin
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Input(m): 12:43pm On Oct 21, 2012
Am not married because am still a student.
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by tomakint: 12:55pm On Oct 21, 2012
Smart jeezy: I don't know the one to pick out of my 12 girlfriends....
Stick with the one you are most compatible with but if in doubt, go for counselling!
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Mcdondayan: 1:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
amyg: Cos I wanna marry 4 love but economy won't let love thrive+genotype wahala.
Eh ya. *sobs*
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by amyg(f): 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2012
cry,somewhere in heaven
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by chii8(f): 1:14pm On Oct 21, 2012
Ur nt married cos u r buildn ur dreams on much fantasies
n also cos ur too greedy n stingy
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Akposkool(m): 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2012
Money on ma mind first.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I met a dead man physically / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / Hot And Sexy Owerri Girl Puts Her Big Back Sides On Display

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.