Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,230 members, 7,807,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers (43939 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 21, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by jamace(m): 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2012
Prosperity preaching pastors are the driving force of corruption in modern day Nigeria. Looting but tithing is the opium of attendees of such churches. sad sad

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by oriondivy(m): 12:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
frosbel: John 2 - 13 And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

2 Peter 2:3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping

2 Corinthians 2:17 Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God.

1 Thessalonians 2:5 You know we never used flattery, nor did we put on a mask to cover up greed--God is our witness.

Thank you for these biblical references, God bless you.

1 Timothy 6:5 and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

Bro i can see you know the scriptures a little, but ll also admonish you allow yourself to be taught by the Holyspirit. Let me refresh your memory, i ll give u some scripture, after reading them, then reply me intelligently.
1) Woman of Zarephath and Elijah
(1 Kings 17:9 - 16) mark the words of the widow when she was asked by the prophet to feed him, and elijah's reply. Note what happened in 16b also.

2) You quoted from Paul's writings, read Philipians 4:10 - 19. A pointer, read what paul said in 19 and trace the act that ll cos they statement to be fulfilled. (I.e from 10)

3) Lastly, though if you need more contact me and i ll show you more scriptures, 2 Cor 8:1 - 7. If you still have doubts about why some peeps do what they do, then i'm sorry. Learn from the mistake of the pharisees and saducees, who waited for the mesiah but didn't recognize when he came.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by rusher14: 12:26pm On Oct 21, 2012
Degis: Keep complaining for those who are been blessed, Keep rabble rousing for those whose status are being transformed, keep using panadol for another man's headache. He who God calls will never be denied His Protection from Godless and Satan-invested lots like Muskeeto and Logicboy.

To all those who keep posting uniformed news from useless newspaper like the Mail, you must hear this!. You will have more God inspired, heart warming, soul lifting news emanating from Living Faith Church World Wide.

Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo shall shine more and more unto the Perfect day after the order of Prov 4 vs 18.
At the best most of these MOG's are public speakers using the Bible to buttress their points. It is good to worship, I have no doubt in mind that religion helps to cage the animalistic tendencies of many.
Nevertheless, most of these so-callled MOG's are fraudsters who set-up shop to make a buck or two (a few billions won't hurt).
They have an uninformed, pussilanimous, and gullible bunch that make up their most trusted devotees.
They cajole them, pressure them and con them into parting with their hard earnings and promise them miracles, financial independence and an after-life of splendour.
But, the MOG enjoys a life of oppulence here on earth, makes his kith and kin managers of his most prestigious branches.
Politicians love them, they help shepherd a flock which can be bamboozled into voting the annointed's annointed. Also, do our politicians even know better? After all they are products of the same society. They also are looking for miracles to turn their miserable lives around.
To the congregation, your intentions may be genuine and noble at least for a few but that doesn't mean you have not been conned. I feel for those who give all they have expecting miracles, your miracles may or may not come. But if you experience something extraordinary please do not tie it to some MOG. Instead thank God for it and try to be a source of blessing to others.
The comparison of Mother Theresa and these MOG's couldn't be more apt. She proved herself to be selfless, caring and devoted to a life of helping others not seeking any earthly reward other than seeing people happy and in good health. Can this be said about any of these men without us actuallly doubting their motives?
Let us try to read our bibles for those that are christians and give God the glory and not some pleasure-seeking, people-deceiving, designer suit-wearing, private-plane-hugging, attention-seeking MOG.
Btw I'm not catholic, though I wouldn't say being one is a bad thing.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by chucky234(m): 12:31pm On Oct 21, 2012
Hmmm Oyedepo,always in the news for the wrong reasons.
I can see him adding a more sophisticated jet to his fleet soon,bishopreneur I salute your exploiting skills ooooo.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by EreluY(f): 12:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
redsun: I had it mind to get in touch with one of the big bus companies in england,that the poster of the man pasted on their bus in the name of advertisment is a chronic child abuser and molester.

To think that africans still fall prey to religious scam and exploitations in the societies,shows why they go home and still remain dumb,thieves and unproductive,irrespective of their education and experiences.

I dont know what happened to blackman,he is very much at home with delusions and fantasies.

A number of these gullible worshipers are delusional, seeking also miracles concerning their immigration, marital, financial, familial, medical and numerous other problems. "Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes". Religion, as Karl Marx argues, is in deed the opiate of the masses or the opium of the people. Keep taking it. But, do realise that like alcohol or drug, when these are consumed to make you feel better, the effects soon dissipate, and like the alcoholic you'll shortly realize the problems haven't disappeared. Seek rational and intelligent solutions to your problems rather than having a recourse to religions and pastors.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by cold(m): 12:33pm On Oct 21, 2012
This child abuser can get away with anything in a dysfunctional society like Nigeria where he is reverred as a demi-god. In fact God in some quarters. But not in functional society like Britain where proceeds from bussinesses are held up to proper scrutiny. You can rest assured we haven't heard the last of this issue. And when complaints eventually metamorphose to an investigation Oyedepo will have no choice but to close shops in GB & scurry back home where he'll still be God

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by virgo(f): 12:46pm On Oct 21, 2012
torkaka: oyedepo's wife drives in a convoy of siren blarring cars while beggars line up the streets of nigeria begging for 10naira.
oyedepo owns gulf streams while scores of nigerian children languish in poorly funded orphanages.
oyedepo runs a multi million naira university while amajiri's roam the streets of nigeria.
whereas aliko dangote who has earned his money finds time to sympathise with victims of the recent floods by donating 400million, the good bishop exploits this same victims with properity and faith preachings!

THE QUESTION I'LL LIKE TO ASK THE FOLLOWERS AND SUPPORTERS OF OYEDEPO IS THIS; IF JESUS WAS AROUND, WOULD HE LIVE LIKE OYEDEPO OR WILL HE LIVE LIKE MOTHER THERESA?

I wonder!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by ghettodreamz(m): 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2012
Erelu_Y:

YOU STRUGGLED TO STRING SENTENCES TOGETHER AND STILL FAILED TO CONVINCINGLY MAKE ANY COHERENT POINT. USING THE BIBLE (A HEAVILY EDITED BOOK WHICH LARGELY NOT ONLY CONTAINS ANCIENT NEAR EASTERN MYTHOLOGIES BUT ALSO FILLED WITH ALL MANNERS OF CONTRADICTIONS) TO PROOF THERE IS GOD, HELL, HEAVEN AND LIFE AFTER DEATH IS AS GOOD AS PERPETUATING THOSE ANCIENT MYTHS AND UNVERIFIABLE PREPOSITIONS WHICH ALL RELIGIOUS BELIEFS ARE.

The Bible teaches us that we cannot save ourselves. That God has to do all the work of salvation. There is no ritual, no person, no work of any kind or type except that done by the Lord Jesus at the cross that can save us all. Believing or having faith in the Lord Jesus as your savior is the “result of salvation not the cause of salvation.” Titus 2:11

Apparently, the redemptive work of the salvation of our souls he has perfected thousands years ago and it takes personal conviction of the Holy spirit for one to be saved. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be opened, enlightened by His spirit. May God through His saving grace, take away your stony heart and replace it with a heart of flesh and give you a new spirit for it is by His grace we're all saved. Ezekiel 36:26, Ephesians 2:8-9

Romans 3:23
John 3:16
Romans 6:23
John 3:17-18
Romans 5:8
John 1:12
John 5:24

FYI,your misconception about the BIBLE can be definitively answered and verified by examining the biblical texts in light of the external evidences that supports its claims.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

In 2 Peter 1:20-21, Peter reminds the reader to “know this first of all, that no prophecy of scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, … but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.” The Bible itself tells us that it is God who is the author of His book.

May you experience His divine encounter that would transform the course of your life forever, amen... SHALLOM
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by coldgate(f): 12:54pm On Oct 21, 2012
grin
rusher14:
At the best most of these MOG's are public speakers using the Bible to buttress their points. It is good to worship, I have no doubt in myind that religion helps to cage the animalistic tendencies of many.
Nevertheless, most of these so-callled MOG's are fraudsters who set-up shop to make a buck or two (a few billions won't hurt).
They have an uninformed, pussilanimous, and gullible bunch that make up their most trusted devotees.
They cajole them, pressure them and con them into parting with their hard earnings and promise them miracles, financial independence and an after- life of splendour.
But, the MOG enjoys a life of oppulence here on earth, makes his kith and kin managers of their most prestigious branches.
Politicians love them, they help shepherd a flock which can be bambozzled into voting the annointed's annointed. Also, do our politicians even know better? After all they are products of the same society. They also are looking for miracles to turn their miserable lives around.
To the congregation, your intentions may be genuine and noble at least for a few but that doesn't mean you have not been conned. I feel for those who give all they have expecting miracles, your miracles may or may not come. But if you experience something extraordinary please do not tie it to some MOG. Instead thank God for it and try to be a source of blessing to others.
The comparison of Mother Theresa and these MOG's couldn't be more apt. She proved herself to be selfless, caring and devoted to a life of helping others not seeking any earthly reward other than seeing people happy and in good health. Can this be said about any of these men without us actuallly doubting their motives?
Let us try to read our bibles for those that are christians and give God the glory and not some pleasure-seeking, people-deceiving, designer suit-wearing, private-plane-hugging, attention-seeking MOG.
Btw I'm not catholic, though I wouldn't say being one is a bad thing.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Zico0(m): 12:57pm On Oct 21, 2012
ArQueBusieR: Go make your own money. Jealousy will only ensure you stay mediocre. Nihilarians.
yu say it like churches are business ventures. He's makin money out of people's faith in christ. Thats not wrong: the bible teaches tithing. If he stacks all these moneys idly in his home, dats a waste. The bible also teaches against wastage. Therefore such moneys have to be kept at interest:school business, pure water business and wat else the OP mentioned.
However, the bible furtherly teaches against luxuries, materialism and extravagant spending. Im tryin hard not to judge, but even the rich are beholding to God how they use their wealth talkless of a pastor. Convoys, 4jets.....etc nah i dnt think so. We shuld be sincere,they r extravagant spendings.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by SmartCount(m): 12:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
ayantaiwo: dat he z rich nw means he z a devil. God comand us to pay tithe malachi 3vs9 nd dats y u can neva prosper if u disobeyd him nd stop xposin ur stupidity. Bible tells us nt to judge nd let God judge him if e z bad. Dnt curse urself cos z dangerous to talk to any man of God anyhow
You people always choose to quote this Malachi 3:9 just because it favours you preachers. Have u taken time to thoroughly go through Deut 14:22-29. Here God commanded us to even eat our tithes together with our families and well wishers. So my friend always try to look at things from different angles as they are in the bible. Peace

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by mbourie(m): 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2012
Followers of Oyedepo you said he suffered b4 attaining his present wealth? Compare to Christ who was born in a manger,trained by a carpenter and continuously suffered till his death. For me, Oyedepo is not living according to Christ standard(a real christian); Oyedepo and Christ have a dissimilar life-the former is meant to acquire wealth on earth, while the latter is meant to acquire wealth in heaven. Followers of Oyedepo dnt 4get d story about the rich fool(4 jets) and also what Christ preached-about saving ur treasure not on earth but in heaven... But still i am not shocked @ u followers of Oyedepo being misled by 'prosperity,' afterall fortnite ago, i saw 2 misled sheeps(females) of Rev. Pastor king still wearing his pendant-he has used marriage hunting 2 confisticate d gullibe ladies. Truly end time is nigh.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by isaco(m): 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2012
Okorocha's schools are meant for the poor only-Oyedepo's school for the rich only. TB Joshua makes big money but help alot of people in return-Oyedepo make money but use the money for himself, buying many jets.etc. Uh! Slapping woman.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by yeye4live(m): 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2012
E b like say I go open church ooh,I want 2make dis kind of money witout payin tax n co ,but ow wil I do my 56 babes naa, wel let me think
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by murtalaa(m): 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2012
I think the most important question to ask is weather the tithes collected are used for charitable purpose or weather it goes towards financing his personal projects.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by aduje(m): 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2012
Bishop David Oyedepo has used intelligence to create a niche for himself and his family. The entire empire is run by him, his wife and kids. They can be called a republic if am permitted to use that word. Imagine ownership of one of the best and most expensive Private Universities in Nigeria, Micro Finance Bank, Private Jets, Fleet of Expensive Cars, vast land and mansions i.e. estates, quarters, Publishing House, Cable TV Station, Food processing, catering & Hospitality outfit etc. They are richer than some countries in my layman assessment.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by mcsunny03yahoocom(m): 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2012
GLORY!GOD is stl doing miracles in d life of his children:healing,breakthrough,deliverances frm satanic oppressions e.t.c.AND my dear critics b informed dat Bishop Oyedepo doesnt hv anything to do with church money.u are free to mk inquiries frm d church office d records are there.he has chains of businesses dat pays him nt chrch money ok.ASK OF THE LORD HE WILL SHOW U GREAT AND MIGHTY THINGS WHICH YOU KNOWETH NOT Jere 33:3
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Olekja: 1:19pm On Oct 21, 2012
This is pure propaganda just to bring the bishop down. Can someone tell me when has oyedepo used a siren was driving past? Most churches in the uk now issue a slip for tithes and offering so what's the big deal...the bishop has a private jet cuz he travel to different countries s during the week and has to b back in Nigeria before sunday. The congregation were not forced to pay tithes, it's optional, so why the outcry. Nigerians are so easily deceive by everything they read in papers cuz lack of knowledge.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by tnktosin(m): 1:24pm On Oct 21, 2012
I still think this story is over exaggerated by the press.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2012
mcsunny03@yahoo.com:
GLORY!GOD is stl doing miracles in d life of his children:healing,breakthrough,deliverances frm satanic oppressions e.t.c.AND my dear critics b informed dat Bishop Oyedepo doesnt hv anything to do with church money.u are free to mk inquiries frm d church office d records are there.he has chains of businesses dat pays him nt chrch money ok.ASK OF THE LORD HE WILL SHOW U GREAT AND MIGHTY THINGS WHICH YOU KNOWETH NOT Jere 33:3

can you do us (the ignorant bunch) a favour by naming these chains of businesses and how there were initially funded?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by erico2k2(m): 1:33pm On Oct 21, 2012
mitwitdot:

what perplex me most is that you people don't even know this man you just make conclusions based on hearsay and media jargons! I don't think I can correct the wrong perspective you have because it seems like it has been stencilled in your subconscious. but jus for argument sake, are you telling you know better than the over 2 million followers on cable tv and congregation if they don't get any benefits from his teaching, why are they still listening to him or going to his church. please don't let your ignorance be debated here, because it's obvious you know little about his person.
its called brainwashing.now you should be able to tell when you r being takwn for granted
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by ghettodreamz(m): 1:37pm On Oct 21, 2012
Truly, The End Is Nigh. 1 Corinthians 10:12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.

God will help us all.. May the good Lord of the Sabbath enriches our soul, uplift us,prosper & blesses all our endeavours. And above all things, grant us His ETERNAL LIFE in Jesus name, amen..

Happy Sunday to you all. SHALLOM
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by alarm4: 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2012
I am a member of Winner chapel>>>but wht i say is that all mega money will ve help long way to help the poor and the need.....but 1 tin still remain d fact is that if it were jesus that has all this riches on Earth or any part of the earth believe abt 10,000 or 5,000 or more will benefit,the poor will enrich better still
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by realistically: 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2012
Delafruita: its because of people like this that our country is in this comatose state.how much oyedepo sell one book?how much does it take to publish the book?unless you intend to tell me he overprices his books hence making a killing on them.if authors made that much money,chimamanda should own a jet by now seeing as every secondary school child must reas purple hibiscus.aliko dangote sell cement,rice,flour etc.his business empire spans across the globe but the dude doesn't own 4jets.he owns just 1 which he bought for his 50th birthday.lest I forget,dangote is one of the richest men in the world and oledepo is supposed to be just a preacher.what's the difference?dangote thinks in terms of maximizing profit by lowering expenses while oledepo is sure muguns will continue to pay tithe so he can keep acquiring jets.I won't be suprised if he sets his sights on a submarine
please allow me to add J.K Rowling(Harry Potter series),Sidney Sheldon,Danielle
Steele,R.Tolkien(Lord of the Rings trilogy and other books).....so many authors,whose books have been translated into more than 200 languages for decades and you'll find such books in homes and libraries all over the world!!!!Yet the authors dont have private jets!!Carlos Slim has a company that produces and sells jet parts.....he doesn't have 4 private jets!!!!.....please call a spade a spade!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Reference(m): 1:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
I really don't understand what the continuous hue and cry about this man is. He says he is a preacher of prosperity, never hidden that. He claims to be successful at that, lives the life and attracts many to himself. What is difficult to understand. If he was a successful investment banker and lived the life will we have a problem. Don't our retail bankers dress up and live up lives beyond themselves. Or his prosperity should be showcased in rags and taxi cabs then he will be believed. Those who wear white robes and collars seek to signify what. Do they really live those lives. Or will you be comfortable if your mechanic turned up in a three-piece suit driving a Porsche.

He appears to be good at what he does and is successful in it. There I think lies the problem.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by ticom(m): 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2012
I av cum to discovered dat dose dat are mostly jealous are mentally, spiritually and financially illed. Most of you with ur poverty driven mentality criticise him cos of ur ignorance. TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED....before thunder strike u down.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by onatisi(m): 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
ticom: I av cum to discovered dat dose dat are mostly jealous are mentally, spiritually and financially illed. Most of you with ur poverty driven mentality criticise him cos of ur ignorance. TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED....before thunder strike u down.
shut up.olodo
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03: lol...The beginning of the end. Once the British media and the govt get a hold of your atrocities, it can only get worse.

Time will tell if this tithe fraud will last.

Warning to any Winners Sheep; Dont waste your time threatening me with hell for telling the truth about your thieving pastor!
abegi. Im sure a Nigerian wrote that article
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by boiohboi(m): 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2012
Seriously if I may say,I don't support this his extravagant spending at all.I have been his member since 1985 here in kaduna.what he is suppose to be doing with his money now is helping the needy n less privilege.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers by onatisi(m): 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2012
boiohboi: Seriously if I may say,I don't support this his extravagant spending at all.I have been his member since 1985 here in kaduna.what he is suppose to be doing with his money now is helping the needy n less privilege.
you are part of the few remaining sensible members of his church.that is good

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Alph Lukau Tells Woman Best Friend Standing Beside Her Is Her Problem / Eba And Soup Used As Communion In Church (video) / Anita Oyakhilome Celebrates Her Mother's 70th Birthday In London....see Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.