Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

American Idol 2008 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / American Idol 2008 (6210 Views)

Poll: Favourite Idol Winner/Judge

Kelly Clarkson: 13% (11 votes)
Ruben Studdard: 13% (11 votes)
Fantasia Barrino: 14% (12 votes)
Carrie Underwood: 15% (13 votes)
Taylor Hicks: 1% (1 vote)
Jodine Sparks: 12% (10 votes)
Simon: 16% (14 votes)
Randy: 8% (7 votes)
Paula: 4% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

American Idol (2009) Tonight / Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol / American Idol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Idol 2008 by mohawkchic(f): 5:09am On Jan 25, 2008
~Are You an Idol fan? Then plzzz join in N give your reviews as the new season airs!!The Auditions are always my favourite part of the show~Hilarious!!

~I still can't grasp the concept of how serious some of these peeps are,i know some just want to be on TV but the ones that come w/ family/friends for support,believin in the dream of becomin an idol,i feel for these peeps right up to the point where they're in the audition room N open their mouths, shocked am falling off my chair w/ laughter  grin they can't sing if their lives depended on it,yet the confidence that ooze out,amazing!!!

~Season 3 was the best Idol eva!! Fantasia Barrino deserved that success,there's yet an Idol to top that for me,it was edgy,fierce,sure did keep me clued to my Tv N i was rootin for Frantasia to win!!
~Who's your favourite Idol over the past seasons? Post pics if u like,do you think someone deserved to win who didnt over the past seasons?

~What do you think about the judges?i think Paula can be too patronising sometimes,i guess w/ Simon not mincing his words,she tends to come across as "the nice one",Randy hmm well he wudnt be missed,but Simon,well lets just say without him,American Idol wont be the same!!

~Fans in the US get a head start before we do in the UK as the show airs here a day or two after,i'll be sure not to check  on here if i avent watched an episode  tongue

Re: American Idol 2008 by iice(f): 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2008
What no comment? lol
It's fun watching some of the silliness people do. Some are seriously lacking brain power!
Simon is my all time favorite. Says it like it is. Good judge of picking those who will win. Most cases, his favorites turn out to be the winners. Kelly Clarkson is ma favorite. Don't like her per say but i love her voice. She's the most successful of them all too. Fantasia i loved too! Very colorful lady. Thank goodness for Daughtry. . .lol. Shows that you don't have to win to make it if you got talent! BTW what happened to Constantine? Despise Paula!!!! She only perpetuates the 'necessity' for li'l brains all over the news. Influencing li'l girls too. . .i can just imagine the conversation li'l girls will be having. . .soooooooo boring, nonsensical and a beyond broken record!!! Remove her please!!!
Re: American Idol 2008 by mohawkchic(f): 7:11pm On Feb 06, 2008
~Am happy for Chris Daughtry's success too~his genre of music on Idol has opened more doors for others methinks

~Season 5 had my fav.Idols~ Chris Daughtry~ Elliott Yamin ~ Lisa Tucker~ Paris Bennett~ Mandisa~ Katharine McPhee ~Taylor Hicks ~ memorable idol moments!!

~Much as i liked Taylor thu,Simon did say he wudnt have a thriving career,so i must say am not surprised i avent heard of any success in his career after his win on season 5!

~I wonder what these past idols R up to now, Paris Bennett~Lisa Tucker~Elliott Yamin~Constantine Maroulis ~Melinda Doolittle~

Re: American Idol 2008 by 4Him(m): 7:12pm On Feb 06, 2008
no room for Clay Aiken on the poll?
Re: American Idol 2008 by mohawkchic(f): 7:16pm On Feb 06, 2008
no room for Clay Aiken on the poll? [quote][/quote]

~lol only coz he didnt win,ave only got names of the winners of Idol ~duely noted thu tongue
Re: American Idol 2008 by iice(f): 3:30pm On Feb 08, 2008
Can't wait for the hollywood auditions to start. Not yet feeling anyone. . .

Chikezie Eze. . .haller!!!!!!! grin grin
Re: American Idol 2008 by kaydee(m): 4:39pm On Feb 08, 2008
Where is William Hung on ur list? That's ma fav idol grin grin grin
Re: American Idol 2008 by Gamine(f): 4:44pm On Feb 08, 2008
OOh this saddens me ooh

i wont be able to watch the auditions! cry

Simon Cowell is who made American Idols
His accent, His remarks, Everything!!!!
i dont care abt the other two jare
Simon is my Guy!

My best Idol would be Kelly Clarkson
i love her voice and some of her songs
Im starting to like Carrie, i liked her during the auditions too
Jesus take the Wheel is at the top of my playlist now smiley
Re: American Idol 2008 by Busta(f): 5:05pm On Feb 08, 2008
iice:

the brotha can sing too, grin
Re: American Idol 2008 by NCFFAMILY: 5:11pm On Feb 08, 2008
hi friend, i registerd in this site, but i dont know how it works pls can tell me how it works.
Re: American Idol 2008 by mohawkchic(f): 3:39am On Feb 09, 2008
~Wut's do y'll think about Paula Abdul's comeback after 10 years ~

~Am like  shocked N ,saw a sneak pic of it,not impressed at all ~never was a fan of her music neways so i suppose there'll be peeps out there who'll appreciate it !!!

~She's even got Randy playing the guiltar on the music video, seems like a desperate attempt to feed off the American Idol Success to me !!! You go girl  grin

~Credit where its due,she WAS an established artist dunks ago,w/ the cut throat competition in the Music Industry now,an Idol winner has better chances of hitting the charts methink  undecided

~If she proves me wrong then "dirt off her shoulder" grin
Re: American Idol 2008 by Seun(m): 3:53am On Feb 09, 2008
If she chooses good and meaningful songs, she has a chance. Otherwise, won't happen. sad
Re: American Idol 2008 by iice(f): 9:56am On Feb 09, 2008
Her songs were passable but that's about it.
Comeback? LMFAO. . .Britney couldn't make a successful comeback. . .what makes her (Paula) think she can?
Gawd, it would just be like her to leech off some stardust from A.I angry grin
Bumbling b******
Re: American Idol 2008 by otuwe(f): 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2008
where do i get to watch American idols

doesn't it show on dstv?
Re: American Idol 2008 by Gamine(f): 5:39pm On Feb 11, 2008
@Otuwe

its on DSTV
Re: American Idol 2008 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 11, 2008
lol, Why didn't I see this sooner? My favorite from the auditons so far is Pia "zpia". She has a golden brown haircut.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=N6d8BCQGT70

The weirdest audition so far is some guy that sang let my people go. You need to watch this. grin grin grin grin grin

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nAr9afxdha8
Re: American Idol 2008 by iice(f): 12:51pm On Feb 13, 2008
Whoa. . .what a crushing week for some.
Chikezie made it through so far. . .well i hope he makes it to the 24
Re: American Idol 2008 by Ezinwannem: 6:31pm On Feb 13, 2008
hahaha, da way they call CHIKEZIE EZE is so funny, da dude can sing oooooooo, all of una for U.S OF A should beta vote for him
Re: American Idol 2008 by Nobody: 3:34am On Feb 14, 2008
Hey Chikezie Eze has qualified for the top 24 smiley smiley grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: American Idol 2008 by zigbo(f): 1:03am On Feb 15, 2008
iice:

Hey, pls wat state did he audition @. . .

hopefully no one gets to list the 24 on here, cuzz i'm kind@ backward on the show and i like intrigue.
Re: American Idol 2008 by Gamine(f): 4:59pm On Feb 15, 2008
The Chikezie eze guy can sing
but nothing too fantastic

But the way they pronounce his name, too funny!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: American Idol 2008 by iice(f): 10:52am On Feb 16, 2008
zigbo:

Hey, please what state did he audition @. . .

hopefully no one gets to list the 24 on here, cuzz i'm kind@ backward on the show and i like intrigue.

He auditioned in San Diego i think

Yup he made the top 24.
I almost floated when Michael sang Bohemian Rhapsody (one of my favorite songs) grin grin grin
Men. . .hollywood week was brutal. Can't wait for the show to begin!
Re: American Idol 2008 by candylips(m): 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2008
They have some very good singers this year sha.
Re: American Idol 2008 by Spice4luv(f): 3:55pm On Feb 19, 2008
I was able watch most of the auditions and I am glad to know that a Nigerian is among the successful one. I will be voting for him since I am here in the U.S. Though pray God to help him.
Re: American Idol 2008 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 19, 2008
is AI showing on dstv already

where have i been?

please what channel and time too
Re: American Idol 2008 by pheena: 1:02am On Feb 21, 2008
fantasia my fav idol becos her voice is very unique.
the year she won was also my fav idol year.
chikezie was not given enough air time unlike some of the
other contestants so him and some others like him have to work extra hard
to build up their own fan base.

simon my fav judge anytime without him the show wont be the same
Re: American Idol 2008 by Nobody: 1:10am On Feb 21, 2008
are people still watching American Idol ?
I stopped after Reuben the chocolate teddy bear
Re: American Idol 2008 by mohawkchic(f): 5:55am On Feb 22, 2008
~Soo wut do y'll think about the final 24? R you feeling anyone just yet?

~I watched the Boys perfom today N i wasnt blown away by any of their performances,but hey its only week one,the gals R yet to perfom,hope they'll do better!!

~Am Totally feeling David Archuleta N Danny Norriega for now!!

~David's smile is so so infectious N that Danny has got a mouth on him,that snap at Simon was something grin

Re: American Idol 2008 by iice(f): 1:38am On Feb 23, 2008
Yeah i like David too
My favorite thou is Michael (The dude is just consistently awesome!)
Then Jason C.
No favorites yet amongst the girls. . .although Syesha stands in front for me.

Hahahahaha eliminations na wahhhh. . .Chikezie is still safe grin
Re: American Idol 2008 by Nobody: 2:32am On Feb 23, 2008
Chikezie should not wear that orange suit again!!!!!!!! I don't like how he talked back at Simon. He was even in the bottom two.

Ohh I like David Archuleta and Michael Johns.
Re: American Idol 2008 by mohawkchic(f): 5:35pm On Feb 23, 2008
~LOL @ Suit grin !! No-one was feeling that suit huh cheesy

~After the Gals performance,am still undecided who's my favourite,however i liked Asia'h,Ramiele,Syesha N Carly's Performances the most!! Early Dayz yet,cant wait for the cut throat tension as they're eliminated each week grin,especially after i wud ave had a favourite sad
Re: American Idol 2008 by chiogo(f): 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2008
The first episode was hella funny. This chick was refused a pass to hollywood
She cussed out Simon. OmG, she was really frustrated. Cursin' and yellin' into d
screen. Won't be surprised if she gets into actin' or comedy shows.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gotv Decoder Upgrade / New Interesting TV Series You Should Currently Be Watching. / On The Edge Of Our Seats: Most Shocking And Suspenseful Moments In Movies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.