Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? (8424 Views)

Are All Sins Equal Before The Lord?? / What Are Sins And Are All Sins Equal? / All Sins Are Equal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 22, 2012
Movingcoil: Which sin does smoking dunhil switch and benson fall into cos ie d only one I feel am committing right now ie if am really convinced itz a sin
The more expensive the cigarette, the bigger the sin grin
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Mckybarf(m): 12:05pm On Oct 22, 2012
Every sin is a sin and will recieve its just recompence. The same God who hates fornication, hates, lies, murder, gluttony, theft, abuse, pride and anything that is contrary to sound doctrine. There are some sins though that can never be forgiven, according to Christ viz, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit and this is where the caution has to be because there are no exemptions here. That notwithstanding any other sin can and will be forgive if true repentance takes place and restitution made: that is not to say that you are free from its consequence which might be in another form- only God knows what.
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by ajufinz(m): 12:17pm On Oct 22, 2012
Yea! Cuz God's love was manifested through the Death of His SON... One solution for all (sinners)who believe in His love
John 3:16....
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by nairaman66(m): 12:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
No way! For if you sin against the spirit, there shall be no forgiveness!
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by iykak47: 12:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
Soldiers that kill during wartime, are they sinners?
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Benito69(m): 12:24pm On Oct 22, 2012
Not accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and not living the Christ-life is a sure ticket to hell...God does not discriminate when it comes to sin, all sin is/are equal before His eyes.

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Mckybarf(m): 12:24pm On Oct 22, 2012
Billyonaire: Sex is not a sin, Its God's first pleasurable gift to all animals. Or are you telling me that my dogs sin each time they mate ? Have you forgotten that man is also an animal ?
i find it rather captivating that for the sake of a 5-minutes pleasure of willful indulgence, that an intelligent being like yourself will lower yourself to the level of a dog! In case you dont know, man has a conscience, something that animals like a dog lack. Please dont insult God who created you because of lustful indulgences.

2 Likes

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Mckybarf(m): 12:28pm On Oct 22, 2012
Billyonaire: Sex is not a sin, Its God's first pleasurable gift to all animals. Or are you telling me that my dogs sin each time they mate ? Have you forgotten that man is also an animal ?
iykak47: Soldiers that kill during wartime, are they sinners?
soldiers are a different scope all together. Theirs is for defence but they are not supposed to do it indiscriminately.
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by tintingz(m): 12:55pm On Oct 22, 2012
All sins can't be equal before God. . .we'll all be judge according to our deeds. . .BTW i thought Jesus died for christians sins why then you cannever be forgiven when you go against the holyghost?
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by tintingz(m): 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2012
Benito69: Not accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and not living the Christ-life is a sure ticket to hell...God does not discriminate when it comes to sin, all sin is/are equal before His eyes.
taking a life by killing him/her and going against the holyghost. . .which one will vex YAHWEH??
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 22, 2012
iykak47: Soldiers that kill during wartime, are they sinners?

King David was a soldier, yet he was a man after God's own heart :- 2 Sam 11-12. So, being a soldier or defending your Country doesn't make one a sinner~!
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by SirWelly: 1:45pm On Oct 22, 2012
ALL SINS ARE NOT EQUAL! THERE ARE MAJOR AND MINOR SINS IN ISLAM. OPEN YOUR MIND FOR A MINUTE AND THINK ABOUT THIS; IF MR. A COMMITS A MURDER AND MR. B BACKBITES AND BOTH DIE IMMEDIATELY AFTER, LEAVING NO ROOM FOR REPENTANCE. REMEMBER THAT BOTH HAVE NEVER COMMITTED A SIN IN THEIR LIFE EXCEPT THE ONES MENTIONED HERE.

ARE YOU SAYING GOD WOULD JUDGE THEM EQUALLY?

WHO SAID ALL SINS ARE EQUAL; BIBLE OR JESUS CHRIST (PBUH)?

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by vitality33: 2:14pm On Oct 22, 2012
Billyonaire: Please religious people, quote your Holy Books when making your assertions. I understood that all sins are equal before God, if there is a new development now, then I need to know, so I can make decisions which sin to postpone and which one to swim in. I guess we are born sinners cos Adamic sin, abi ? grin
Dat some sins are heavier dan oders does not make dem nt sin again, so dont go and start swimming in sin. God bles u.
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by vitality33: 2:17pm On Oct 22, 2012
Billyonaire: Can you cite examples of "Sins against the Holy Ghost?" I wanna avoid them like a plague so I can sit with God in his Heavenly mansion.
To lie against holy spirit Using d name holy spirit in vain or for mockery .
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by ijawkid(m): 3:41pm On Oct 22, 2012
obadiah777: ALL SINS ARE NOT EQUAL. THERE ARE SOME SINS UNTO DEATH

1 JOHN 5 VS 16 If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he should pray and God will give him life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that he should pray about that.

1 CORINTHIANS 6 VS 18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

Supported....

If all sins were equal then no one would inherit Gods kingdom.....

There are definitly minor sins and gross sins.....

Some incur death like you said.....

2 Likes

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by dayokanu(m): 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2012
If all sins are equal why bother commiting small sins when they get the same penalty as big sins

Why steal chewing gum when you can steal oil blocks

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2012
Billyonaire: The more expensive the cigarette, the bigger the sin grin
hmmmm na only dunhil switch 300/pack or benson 200/pack I dey smoke but y no body don look into dz my question and give me a feedback
t
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by ubong560(m): 4:58pm On Oct 22, 2012
[quote author=Teejayphillip]No sin get level in d presense of God... All sins are all equal... D only one God really despise is d killin of one another (ie sheddin of human blood)...[u mean aluu4/boko haram right?]
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Ayoobscom(m): 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2012
All sins are forgivable except attributions of Gods quality to any man...that is what Jesus meant by holly spirit (God)..
Unfortunately Christianity is guilty of this unpardonable blasphemy
Who the hell says all sins are equal?
someone who used his mother for ritual and someone who pee on the pathway
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by AndroBlaze: 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2012
charlsecy4:

What does it mean to sin against the Holy Spirit?

See:

https://christiananswers.net/q-eden/unpardonablesin.html

God bless you for this link, its so beautiful!!
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Mckybarf(m): 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2012
Sir Welly: ALL SINS ARE NOT EQUAL! THERE ARE MAJOR AND MINOR SINS IN ISLAM. OPEN YOUR MIND FOR A MINUTE AND THINK ABOUT THIS; IF MR. A COMMITS A MURDER AND MR. B BACKBITES AND BOTH DIE IMMEDIATELY AFTER, LEAVING NO ROOM FOR REPENTANCE. REMEMBER THAT BOTH HAVE NEVER COMMITTED A SIN IN THEIR LIFE EXCEPT THE ONES MENTIONED HERE.

ARE YOU SAYING GOD WOULD JUDGE THEM EQUALLY?

WHO SAID ALL SINS ARE EQUAL; BIBLE OR JESUS CHRIST (PBUH)?
no offense but i doubt you are in no position to offer a comment here since we are on the opposite sides of the coin. The soul that sins shall die, so says the bible. The penalty for every unconfessed sin (except blasphemy agains the HOLY SPIRIT, which cant be forgiven) is death- spiritual death.
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 22, 2012
lol who knows?
none of us do.

who knows maybe stealing a pop tart in his/her eyes is far worse than homicide. tongue
we will never know till we meet him/her.

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by kaodili(f): 12:32am On Oct 23, 2012
Movingcoil: Which sin does smoking dunhil switch and benson fall into cos ie d only one I feel am committing right now ie if am really convinced itz a sin

Smoking is not a sin.
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 1:04am On Oct 23, 2012
Mckybarf: i find it rather captivating that for the sake of a 5-minutes pleasure of willful indulgence, that an intelligent being like yourself will lower yourself to the level of a dog! In case you dont know, man has a conscience, something that animals like a dog lack. Please dont insult God who created you because of lustful indulgences.
Now how come about the lustful indulgences. Dude, nothing differentiate you from a dog in almost all ramifications. Just stop and think all animals have conscience because it what is a mind guiding such animals in whatever capacity(it might not necessarily be on the levels of human judging between wrong and right). Please, stop reading religious meaning to it to make it look like something special. I know animals don't think but I know they have conscience based on their own instincts.
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by EstherOkonkwo(f): 1:53am On Oct 23, 2012
[quote author=obadiah777]ALL SINS ARE NOT EQUAL. THERE ARE SOME SINS UNTO DEATH

1 JOHN 5 VS 16 If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he should pray and God will give him life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that he should pray about that.

1 CORINTHIANS 6 VS 18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.[/quote
Believe it or u leave it all sin are equal in God's eyes.
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 2:33am On Oct 23, 2012
ifeness:

naija mentality sha!

No be only 9ja mentality! All the people wey dey Essex na unbelievers? SMH for you! Are you an unbeliever today because you live in a white man's land? Well, I have lived there for years too but couldn't find any good reason(s) why I should be an unbeliever; believe it or not, Heaven is real bro~!
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 23, 2012
Billyonaire: So my dogs are going to hell then, cos last I checked they have been mating and they are not married. And I hope you wont tell me that humans are not animals.
I am not judging you but I fear terribly for you.
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by pastormustwacc: 7:59am On Oct 23, 2012
blink182: I am not judging you but I fear terribly for you.
THIS IS SERIOUS! THIS THREAD IS TURNING TO SOMETHING ELSE!!
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by KDK(m): 11:04am On Oct 23, 2012
Kamsy10: It's a shame that most pastors dont talk about sin again as long as you pay tithe, forgeting that tithe was only mentioned in the old testament
Or has Malachi 3:10 moved to the new testament?
My brother, I tire o. I once asked a congregation to raise up their hand if they recently saw a church poster with ' Jesus Is Coming Soon'? No one raised a hand.

The messages of salvation, consecration and sanctification is now archaic.

2 Likes

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Danyl(m): 1:15pm On Oct 23, 2012
what i believe to be the best answer to that question is that as a christian, if after you might have accepted christ into your life and yet you continually sin willfully without any recourse to the leading and the nudging of the holy spirit to stop the act, then it may get to a point in time when you will be denied forgiveness by God becasue you have once being enlightened, and yet you go on sinning after you have been saved by Christ. i have seen issues like this being mentioned by Rev. Kenneth Hagin, this one of the great prophets and teacher who has seen heaven so many times and they communicate with God regularly in open and transparent open-eye visions, and at a time God purnished this man because he did not heed God's warning when He told him not to call himself a teacher first before prophet... If you check the book of Hebrews 6 vs 4, this expressly describes sinning against the holy spirit when you ignore him after having known his personality and what he entails as your seal till the day of redemption, God may withdraw his holyspirit and you may fall into a trap that costs you your life untimely then you face th wrath of God, you remember that passage which has been quoted by some who have contributed to this post where God gives some people over to do things that are not morally right, they might meet their untimely death in the course of that.
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Taiwo20(m): 1:46pm On Oct 23, 2012
seriallink: Are all sins equal in God's eyes? Scriptural back ups would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

And who knows the mind of God.
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 25, 2012
Taiwo20:

And who knows the mind of God.

At least we have the Bible; that should teach us how God handle things & His justice system too. He is a just God, that's why He gave us His word which would testify against us on judgement day ~!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beware Of "A Balanced Message" - Olamide Obire / Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? / Why Is It That Jehovah Witness Don't Sing The National Anthem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.