Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim (13337 Views)

PHOTO: Who Knows This Accident Victim From Anambra / Be Warned. Don't Fall A Victim. / Police Arrests, Return N15m To Sokoto Robbery Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 21, 2012
l've thought about this for a while, but hesitated in order to be so sure before posting about it.

Sometime in september, whilst at work on a sunny afternoon, i saw a missed call on my phone and in usual style of returning calls, i called the Airtel number back. my conversation:

'Hello i saw a missed call from this num on my phone

respondent: yes this is road safety. accident has happened along mowe express. there are 10 casualties. 4 dead on the spot.

Me: so how can i help u

respondent: yes u can help us. an igbo woman is among the casualties and she gave us ur num to call u to help me. Pls send recharge card MTN to load on her phone so u can hear her voice to believe us.

well as a human being, having heard of 4 dead and with encouragement from other colleagues at work, i decided to send the credit so the woman can speak with me. I was still trying to recollect who the person could be. I thought it could be a client.

after sending the MTN recharge card, the man flashed me again. I called to know how far and he said

respondent: thank you we have seen the card, loaded it on her phone and she has called her friend.

I was like okay thk God she's okay. 'Sir give the phone to her so i can speak with her'. The man said no but i should send another card so she can call me. That was when i knew it was a scam.

I decided to rain curses on him for faking accident.

couple of days later, i heard on inspiration fm same thing from another victim and called the radio to confirm it was a scam.

On friday 19th october same call came in around 5.30pm. i cursed the guy.

Today 21st October same call again and this time from MTN line and the man spoke in Yoruba as against the others that spoke English.

here's the MTN number 07063688039.

I just wonder why Nigerians are so heartless.

Pls be warned
Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by Quadmaster(m): 12:26pm On Oct 21, 2012
I was also called sometimes ago.The same format was used on me but I didn't fall victim.When I heard road safety, accident and the crap story I was initially scared,I hang up and started calling all the females I knew since the so called roadsafety man said the victim was a female.To my suprise all the people I called were fine.I now decided to use another number to call the roadsafety man and asked him where d accident occurred, he couldn't say anything,he just hanged up. That was how I suspected foul play.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by Odunnu: 1:12pm On Oct 21, 2012
Serious? shocked
thank you for this info. I would have fallen flat for this.
Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
Quadmaster: I was also called sometimes ago.The same format was used on me but I didn't fall victim.When I heard road safety, accident and the crap story I was initially scared,I hang up and started calling all the females I knew since the so called roadsafety man said the victim was a female.To my suprise all the people I called were fine.I now decided to use another number to call the roadsafety man and asked him where d accident occurred, he couldn't say anything,he just hanged up. That was how I suspected foul play.
we need to spread the message. Now how can we be helpful next time when next a serious accident happens? does it mean we shouldnt help anymore?

I feel sad for this country. how many people would have fallen victim?

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by Jubal01: 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2012
Al dis r d results of our systems failure 2 provyd jobs 4 d youths. God wil deliva us.
Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
Jubal01: Al dis r d results of our systems failure 2 provyd jobs 4 d youths. God wil deliva us.
I knew someone was going to try to justify this shameless act with nonsense. You can't always blame the government for every damn thing that happens in this country...haba sef.

7 Likes

Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by pek(m): 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2012
Quadmaster: sometimes ago.
Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2012
Classless retards.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by justwise(m): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2012
Jubal01: Al dis r d results of our systems failure 2 provyd jobs 4 d youths. God wil deliva us.

Are you sick upstairs or what?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2012
Lol, wow so poster actually fell f̶̲̥̅̊☺я them. There are simple questions you ask these people Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd they fail. I was called like 2 months back, the whole story just like the one poster gave made no sense †☺ ♍ε̲̣̣̣. After a while, I just hung up while the guy was talking.
Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by AkpuNku2: 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2012
@poster how much did u send ?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2012
justwise:

Iڪ it not the truth he said, so what's your point?
Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by CrazyMan(m): 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
But why are some people so heartless and wicked?

Why would someone go to the length of defrauding concerned citizens with heartbreaking stories, just to quench his greed?

No wonder most Nigerians find it so difficult to help their fellow brother.

There's so much dishonesty in the country, and you don't just know whom to trust.

I just pray that God would inter vain in our situation so we won't end up killing ourselves because of our greed.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by justwise(m): 2:19pm On Oct 21, 2012
blink182: ȋ̝̊̅ڪ it not the truth he said, so what's your point?

What is the truth in what he said?
Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by mancheeutd(m): 2:20pm On Oct 21, 2012
shadrach77: Igbos again! They will do anything for money grin grin grin

How did you know its igbo why do u guys ℓi̶̲̥̅ke̶̲̥̅ to cause trouble always
Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by mrkels(m): 2:21pm On Oct 21, 2012
justwise:
He's not talking like a sick person jare. What's your justification for tagging him a sick person now? Eh you this mod self undecided mtchhheeew, if you like hide the post.

Odunnu: Serious? shocked
thank you for this info. I would have fallen flat for this.
Funny, Lord knows I won't fall for this BS. Got a call one time, a man said he wanted to buy my land, I just laughed because sa at then I neva even get reach 100k for my account talkless of acquiring a land in my own name. Another called and said he wanted to do business with my company, called my fathers name, mothers name, their house address and all, I knew it was a scam right from the beginning.
Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by jamp: 2:22pm On Oct 21, 2012

Here comes another Boko Haram or Ofenmanu

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:23pm On Oct 21, 2012

Have you taken your pills today? SMH angry
Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by DammyObamo(m): 2:27pm On Oct 21, 2012
If I hear say I chop!
Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by tpapi: 2:27pm On Oct 21, 2012
I dont know y nigerians fall so easily 2 scammers
Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2012
justwise:

What is the truth in what he said?
he said joblessness caused it,do you think these criminals are gainfully employed Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd do this just f̶̲̥̅̊☺я fun?
Onething most nigerians do not appreciate Iڪ that we are some of the most law abiding citizens on earth. how many times have you heard of gainfully employed citizen involved in scam or armed robbery, I am taalking of the average Nigerian unlike in the usa where a man with a car, house Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd family goes into a store Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd tries †☺ kill everyone.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by zubixlen(m): 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2012
Naija and scams all d time
Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by Odunnu: 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2012
mrkels:
He's not talking like a sick person jare. What's your justification for tagging him a sick person now? Eh you this mod self undecided mtchhheeew, if you like hide the post.

Funny, Lord knows I won't fall for this BS. Got a call one time, a man said he wanted to buy my land, I just laughed because sa at then I neva even get reach 100k for my account talkless of acquiring a land in my own name. Another called and said he wanted to do business with my company, called my fathers name, mothers name, their house address and all, I knew it was a scam right from the beginning.
Its a totally different scenario.
Na only witch go hear say accident and wont drop atleast N100 recharge card

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by PosCaricature: 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
@OP, please next time don't be in haste to send credit or anything across, rather you call the line back with your phone and ask him to give the phone to the victim so you can speak with him/her. If he refuses then, you'l quickly know it's all scam. I equally received a mail from one "Vivian Fugar" claimed to be a victim of war from D.R.Congo, telling me about her late father Samuel Fugar, who died & left behind the sum of $2.7m & that due to her refugee status in Senegal could not claim the cash from a Scottish bank. And that I should send my profile including bank details to her so I can help her claim the said cash here in Nigeria after which I will send her part of the money to move down & settle down with me in Nigeria... My brother, we need to quickly rebuke them whenever they try to be funny.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2012
Odunnu:
Its a totally different scenario.
Na only witch go hear say accident and wont drop atleast N100 recharge card
God bless u. Once u are told someone u know is sick or involved in an accident, as a human being with feelings, u have to be touched with the appeal of helping. what if it actually happened?
Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 21, 2012
PosCaricature :
@OP, please next time don't be in haste to send credit or anything across, rather you call the line back with your phone and ask him to give the phone to the victim so you can speak with him/her. If he refuses then, you'l quickly know it's all scam. I equally received a mail from one "Vivian Fugar" claimed to be a victim of war from D.R.Congo, telling me about her late father Samuel Fugar, who died & left behind the sum of $2.7m & that due to her refugee status in Senegal could not claim the cash from a Scottish bank. And that I should send my profile including bank details to her so I can help her claim the said cash here in Nigeria after which I will send her part of the money to move down & settle down with me in Nigeria... My brother, we need to quickly rebuke them whenever they try to be funny.
mail and phone are two different mediums. with telephone conversation, u'll tend to be more passionate hearing a voice with an unhiding number. Also when u here pple are dead, normal human being would feel concern.

we receive mails from scammers every other week, hence we are used to their tricks

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim by PosCaricature: 2:45pm On Oct 21, 2012
blink182: he said joblessness caused it,do you think these criminals are gainfully employed Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd do this just f̶̲̥̅̊☺я fun?
Onething most nigerians do not appreciate Iڪ that we are some of the most law abiding citizens on earth. how many times have you heard of gainfully employed citizen involved in scam or armed robbery, I am taalking of the average Nigerian unlike in the usa where a man with a car, house Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd family goes into a store Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd tries †☺ kill everyone.
I totally disagree with you. Haven't you heard about some bankers who are well paid & yet connived with armed-robbers to rob their banks? There are lots of unemployed people out there who still can never take to crime despite the unemployment.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FUNNY PHOTOS OF Naturally Sexy Trees / History Of State Security Service (nigeria) / What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.