Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? (3735 Views)

Pastor Catches Wife In Hotel With Choirmaster / Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by OCTAVO: 3:14pm On Oct 21, 2012
In our society today, people tend to see some set of romantic men as effeminate cos they help their wives in kitchen and also do some house chores.
I don‘t know why most men don‘t want to be seen near their wives in kitchen.
Most men prefer to watch TV, movies, read newspaper while their wives will do everything in the house.
As we all know, women are multi-tasked. They pursue their career, take care of kids, cook, clean the whole house & compound and lots more.
At least can men be romantic enough to help their wives in the kitchen (once in a while)?
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by claremont(m): 3:19pm On Oct 21, 2012
Help in doing what in the kitchen exactly?!
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
why is it a topic of discussion at all?

NO it's not a crime. division of labor!!!!!!!! will help to make you enjoy your marriage. smart men will understand. wink

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by OCTAVO: 3:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
claremont: Help in doing what in the kitchen exactly?!
Wash plates!
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by claremont(m): 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2012
OCTAVO:
Wash plates!
What would she be doing then?! grin
I prefer to be a lazy cnut who sits in the living room drinking beer and watching football while the lady does ALL the work in the kitchen. Call me a chauvinistic bastard if you may.
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 21, 2012
claremont:
What would she be doing then?! grin
I prefer to be a lazy cnut who sits in the living room drinking beer and watching football while the lady does ALL the work in the kitchen. Call me a chauvinistic bastard if you may.

You're selfish and lazy. Your choice. And the lady that chooses you is d.umb and lacks self-esteem. wink

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by rick12: 3:50pm On Oct 21, 2012
Nah! It's no crime at all. Infact, REAL men do it with all pleasure. However, the women must not abuse dis gesture.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Konnektions146(m): 4:01pm On Oct 21, 2012
notin wrong with it, u can actually cook for the whole house once in a while...kinda sexy

claremont: Help in doing what in the kitchen exactly?!

if yu cant help with anythin, siddon dere dey gist with de babe as she round off de cooking cos thats de onnly time u dont have anythin to do dere.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by omotola1(m): 4:07pm On Oct 21, 2012
Nothing bad at all... Infact, i like cooking.
I can even cook for her sef.
If u like, call me anything u like!

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by vivianc(f): 4:22pm On Oct 21, 2012
No, its not a crime! In fact, its a treat! Any day he helps me in the kitchen, he is so in for a treat cos the kitchen counter will get really DIRTY. *winks*
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
vivian chinaza: No, its not a crime! In fact, its a treat! Any day he helps me in the kitchen, he is so in for a treat cos the kitchen counter will get really DIRTY. *winks*
Nauurie naughtiest! cheesy
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by vivianc(f): 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Nauurie naughtiest! cheesy

Babe I'm no saint joor. I could be freaky too.
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:35pm On Oct 21, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Babe I'm no saint joor. I could be freaky too.
Say no more.... Team freaky! Woohooooo!! cheesy
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by MrsChima(f): 4:38pm On Oct 21, 2012
OCTAVO: In our society today, people tend to see some set of romantic men as effeminate cos they help their wives in kitchen and also do some house chores.
I don‘t know why most men don‘t want to be seen near their wives in kitchen.
Most men prefer to watch TV, movies, read newspaper while their wives will do everything in the house.
As we all know, women are multi-tasked. They pursue their career, take care of kids, cook, clean the whole house & compound and lots more.
At least can men be romantic enough to help their wives in the kitchen (once in a while)?

No..it is not a crime and you won't go to jail for cutting potatoes. You might go to jail for setting mofos on fire over some potatoes but certainly not cutting some potatoes.

It is a big world outside of Africa. The world isn't flat.
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by roymary: 4:43pm On Oct 21, 2012
Not a crime. Its only a crime to wash her panties.
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 21, 2012
carefreewannabe: why is it a topic of discussion at all?

NO it's not a crime. division of labor!!!!!!!! will help to make you enjoy your marriage. smart men will understand. wink

abi ooo

But it's good to talk about these things. Sometimes we like to sweep things under the rug, as if they're not issues, when they are. There're many sexist men out there who're too proud to lift a pot, who think cooking is solely a woman's job. Mcheew. angry angry
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 21, 2012
Nothing wrong in helping with the kitchen and I agree with you that Nigerian men (I am one) have a long way to go. Part of this goes back to our tradition which seems to portray that leaders should be served. It happens at all levels, politicians have 200 PAs, even people hired just to carry their bags and newspapers. Religious leaders are not left out, people caring bibles/qoran of for pastor/imam. So the 9ja man who is now the head and leader in his own family unit expects to be served as well. Infact, lots of guys don't do anything, rather they expect their wives to serve them. And they claim it is scriptural as they are the head of the family.

But let us examine what the bible says about leadership. Christ says anyone that wants to be the greatest of the apostles should be the servant to all. He demonstrated by washing the apostles feet. Leadership is not about being served, it is about serving others including in the family. Well, most 9ja men will say they provide for their families financially so that is enough, but it is not. As a leader, you should show empathy and compassion. I cannot see my own wife struggling with house chores and kids while I cross my leg and watch football. Kitchen or not, we should learn to help our wives with housework. I visited my sister's house and I was shocked to discover her husband does absolutely nothing at home. He doesnt even know what goes on in his own home and my sister works slightly longer hours than he does. She gets back from work and still has to struggle through the rest of the day. The best her husband does is just give the househelp a few instructions and thats it.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by fairygeh(f): 5:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
Whats the big deal if the husband helps the wife out in the kichen,serzly i see nothing bad in it,just dat some guys are so rigid n prove so difficult and believe once they marry,dey ve utmost control over their wives like dey dictate n evrything. Its so pathetic that the average nigerian man thinks it is a taboo if he helps his wife in the kitchen they just sit down like bag of cement n expect the wife to cook,do tthe dishes,clean the house and take care of the babies,and later at night,they would want to do again.God help my husband if he tries this with me,ehn,infact m angry. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by freecocoa(f): 5:46pm On Oct 21, 2012
YES it is crime an unforgivable one infact, I know a man who is doing life for pounding pepper while his wife was stirring the pot of soup and another man got death by the chair for dishing food for his wife.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by roymary: 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2012
^^^
you no well Ma
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by freecocoa(f): 5:57pm On Oct 21, 2012
^I know darling grin grin grin
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by akintun: 5:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
It is not a crime
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Saintsquare(m): 9:41pm On Oct 21, 2012
omotola1: Nothing bad at all... Infact, i like cooking.
I can even cook for her sef.
If u like, call me anything u like!
gud 1 bro,i think its cool anyway.I personally do not see any big deal in helping my wife in the kitchen.
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
rick_12: Nah! It's no crime at all. Infact, REAL men do it with all pleasure. However, the women must not abuse dis gesture.
they always do. ∂α† is where †ЂΞ problem is comin from. If u decide τ̅o help today, †ЂΞ d̲̅A̲̅γ̲ u fail τ̅o help, she will start complainin ∂α† u've changed. i will nt try wat i cnt finish. Йą my mama dey cook for my papa & Йą so e go be for my house too. Sekina
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by ijebabe: 9:51pm On Oct 21, 2012
fairygeh: Whats the big deal if the husband helps the wife out in the kichen,serzly i see nothing bad in it,just dat some guys are so rigid n prove so difficult and believe once they marry,dey ve utmost control over their wives like dey dictate n evrything. Its so pathetic that the average nigerian man thinks it is a taboo if he helps his wife in the kitchen they just sit down like bag of cement n expect the wife to cook,do tthe dishes,clean the house and take care of the babies,and later at night,they would want to do again.God help my husband if he tries this with me,ehn,infact m angry. lipsrsealed
see vex, hahahaha!
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by MrsChima(f): 10:03pm On Oct 21, 2012
Saintsquare: gud 1 bro,i think its cool anyway.I personally do not see any big deal in helping my wife in the kitchen.

Awwwww.
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by roymary: 10:04pm On Oct 21, 2012
fairygeh: Whats the big deal if the husband helps the wife out in the kichen,serzly i see nothing bad in it,just dat some guys are so rigid n prove so difficult and believe once they marry,dey ve utmost control over their wives like dey dictate n evrything. Its so pathetic that the average nigerian man thinks it is a taboo if he helps his wife in the kitchen they just sit down like bag of cement n expect the wife to cook,do tthe dishes,clean the house and take care of the babies,and later at night,they would want to do again.God help my husband if he tries this with me,ehn,infact m angry. lipsrsealed

The Greatest Job...Drilling and laying pipe is no child's play...
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by LaraBabatunde: 3:56pm On Oct 22, 2012
Most of our men are lazy, forgetting that women are not slaves. that's why women get old faster than men small time, they would take another wife saying the first is now old.
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by tasandra: 5:02pm On Oct 23, 2012
Its not a crime my dear,mine do help me smiley
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by proudlyafrican(m): 6:49pm On Oct 23, 2012
It is absolutely not a crime but like someone said the woman must not abuse the privilege which i really doubt,in no long time she will not only begin to nag but abuse the man when he fails to assist her in the kitchen.So, for the man it`s like don`t start what you cannot finish.
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2012
There is nothing wrong in it to ask help. One can try to change them but politely. After all in marriage couples need to walk together hand in hand and also it depends on you and your DH, what you want him to do and whether he is willing to do and what will be the consequences...
Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Help His Wife In Kitchen? by Jambsupport(f): 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2012
nt a crime in every way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mother who Lifted a Car To Save her Son !! / Mystery Behind Abino (pics) / Tomorrow Is My Girl Friend's Traditional Marriage...so Confused!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.