Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) (21806 Views)

Tai Solarin University Of Education (TASUED) 2015/2016 Admission Forum. / Ogun Scraps Tai Solarin University & Merges Four IT Polytechnics / Solarin's Widow Locks Mayflower School In Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Jayfizz(m): 6:11pm On Oct 21, 2012
Just got dis sad news from my colleagues that we went to mayflower school together that madam sheila solarin the wife of Dr Tai solarin and co-founder of Mayflower school is dead.RIP madam sheila solarin.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Seun(m): 6:32pm On Oct 21, 2012

Saharareporters has just learnt of the death of Sheila Mary Solarin (nee Tuer), the widow of Dr. Tai Solarin, one of once one of Nigeria’s foremost educators and agitators for social justice. With her late husband, she had founded the famous Mayflower School in Ikenne, Ogun State.

A family source told SaharaReporters that Mrs. Solarin died this morning at Babcock University Teaching Hospital in Sagamu, near Lagos. She was 88 years old.

The English-born Mrs. Solarin was a dependable ally of her husband who spent a lifetime fighting as a voice for the downtrodden Nigerian masses.

She and her late husband had two children, Corin and Tunde.

Our source disclosed that Governor Ibikunle Amosun was on his way to meet with and console members of the Solarin family. Funeral arrangements will be announced in due course, said our source.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/tai-solarin’s-widow-sheila-dies RIP sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by dramenda(f): 6:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
RIP ma'am. a truelly dedicated wife.

2 Likes

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by abbey37(m): 6:34pm On Oct 21, 2012
RIP Madam " ojo ajina si ra o "
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by ABAKA72(m): 6:34pm On Oct 21, 2012
Eyaa, nice woman rest in peace. sad

1 Like

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by PaulJohn1: 6:34pm On Oct 21, 2012
RIP to the Madam. Herself and her husband made their mark in the educational system of Nigeria, especially in the S/West.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by freecocoa(f): 6:35pm On Oct 21, 2012
May her soul RIP.
Ah she done try na.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by violent(m): 6:37pm On Oct 21, 2012
Obirin Ogun!
Omo to bi Jegberun lo mele kawon ton.

3 Likes

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by tydd(m): 6:38pm On Oct 21, 2012
'Sheila Obinrin Ogun....Omo to bi ju egberun lo...me le ka won tan'. RIP madam sheila
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by uncleu(m): 6:39pm On Oct 21, 2012
RIP ma.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by sherrylo: 6:40pm On Oct 21, 2012
Rip madam
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Omuha(m): 6:40pm On Oct 21, 2012
R.I.P.

2 Likes

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by yommyuk: 6:41pm On Oct 21, 2012
RIP Mama rere!!!

The apex of loyality. cool

2 Likes

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Havilah93(m): 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
RIP ma'am.....remembered some time ago when she was a guest on WWTBAM's special edition, Who deserves to be a millionaire....such a dedicated woman.....
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by CyberG: 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
RIP Madam Sheila Solarin. She was a great woman!

2 Likes

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by dridowu: 6:44pm On Oct 21, 2012
RIP , till we meet again, ojo ajina sira ooooooooooooo
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by garrigangster: 6:45pm On Oct 21, 2012
She had some very ferocious dogs and was very kind and humane as well. Rest in Peace Sheila Obinrin Ogun

1 Like

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by chinco19(f): 6:46pm On Oct 21, 2012
Such a great woman...tribute!
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Xlad(m): 6:47pm On Oct 21, 2012
smiley grin shocked tongue cry cry cry shocked cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry[i][/i]
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 21, 2012
RIP
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by greaterlove(m): 6:50pm On Oct 21, 2012
May her gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by yuzedo: 6:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
Terrible, terrible news! Truly saddened!

Well, this is not an untimely death, so I guess it'll be more of a celebration of life.

RIP ma'am.. You were a good woman, thank you.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by ariyebaba(m): 6:54pm On Oct 21, 2012
Mama, adieu !!! RIP !!!
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by CrazyMan(m): 6:55pm On Oct 21, 2012
May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace. cry
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by 234GT(m): 6:56pm On Oct 21, 2012
So sad! As an ex-may, the values I learnt in mayflower school still help me a lot in life. Rest in peace.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by violent(m): 6:57pm On Oct 21, 2012
E ya wa wo Shiela o

E ya wa wo Shiela o, Mama awa.

Agba ilu ewa w'okore ke le ko'gbon o

E ya wa wo Sheila o

E ya wa wo Shiela, Mama awa!!!!

1 Like

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by scholes23(m): 6:57pm On Oct 21, 2012
MAY HER SOUL AND THE SOULS OF ALL THE FAITHFULS DEPARTED THROUGH THE MERCY OF GOD REST IN PEACE. AMEN
ADIEU MAMA..... RIP........
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by escadah(f): 6:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
Madam is gone...Sheila Obinrin Ogun, Sheila Obinrin rere...I am proud to be an EX-Mayflower Student..

1 Like

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by greaterlove(m): 6:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
topsyking: U pple just talk without common seeense...when u say u shall meet again..u before watch wat u say..cos I don't know if she died in christ..cos she once said she follow her husband belief that there is no God...
she might not have believed in your definition of God, but show me a man who loves his fellow man, who wants to see them grow and in perfect condition and i will show you one who has the fear of God even if they do not profess it.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

100-level Student To Die By Hanging In Benue / TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) / 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.