Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos (14581 Views)

Man Caught Stealing From Church Offering In Lagos / American Pastor,Creflo Dollar Arrested For Stealing Church Funds To Buy Mansion / MFM Fires 50 Pastors For Stealing Church Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by NEROSKY(m): 8:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
26-Year-Old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos

When Onyeka Eze stormed God’s Pentecostal Mission aka GPM located in the highly density Iba, a suburb of Lagos penultimate Sunday just like every other worshipers, little did they know that he had an ulterior motive.

Propelled by villainous intent, after the service that night, the congregation dispatched only for Eze, 26, to return at the wee hour of the following morning and attempted to do away with the church’s property.

Nemesis caught up with the lad who hails from eastern part of the country when the noise of his action attracted the senior pastor’s attention. He came out of his office and saw Eze with some undisclosed amount and gas cylinders belonging to the church.

Narrating how Eze broke into the Holy House to the Ojo Magistrate court, the police in-charge of the case, Corporal Israel said:

“The convict on Monday, September 16, 2012 broke into the God’s Pentecostal Mission aka GPM, situated in Iba area of Lagos and was trying to elude with some church money and gas cylinders belonging to the church. It was end of the road for him when his movement woke the senior pastor who was sleeping in his office located within the church premises.

Apparently remorseful, the convict, who resides at Ijankin in Lagos admitted he was guilty of the charges against him with flimsy reasons after several denials.
His words: “I am guilty of the charges against me. It was the devil that pushed me into the act. I don’t have a job; I’m a conductor and needed some money for myself that was why I decided to go to the House of God. I’ve not stolen before, this is my first time and I promise never to do it again. I swear to God I will repent and I want the court to tamper justice with mercy’’ he pleaded.

The presiding Magistrate, T.O Shomade after several trial, sentenced the accused to six months imprisonment without option of fine. “This would serve as warning to other youths who hide under the influence of penury to commit crimes as such act contravenes the law’’ he said.

http://gidileak.com/27-year-old-man-jailed-for-stealing-church-offering-in-lagos/

2 Likes

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by geeez: 8:19pm On Oct 21, 2012
Sad
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by redsun(m): 8:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
So can a church send somebody to jail for stealing?Where is the forgiveness they are preaching? Hypocrites.

13 Likes

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Johndoe100(m): 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
redsun: So can a church send somebody to jail for stealing?Where is the forgiveness they are preaching? Hypocrites.

This is the true face of the "born again" church. People that are set up to help you part with your money.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by NEROSKY(m): 8:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
redsun: So can a church send somebody to jail for stealing?Where is the forgiveness they are preaching? Hypocrites.

me tire oh /.................
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by redsun(m): 8:55pm On Oct 21, 2012
Johndoe100:

This is the true face of the "born again" church. People that are set up to help you part with your money.

They are so money conscious.It must have really angered them to think that someone had attempted to steal their hard scammed money.Nigerians are heartless.

4 Likes

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 21, 2012

2 Likes

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by PaulJohn1: 9:07pm On Oct 21, 2012
Offense like this don't need any human punishment, he's dealing personally with GOD.

In the book of Malachi, it says: "...can any man rob GOD?..."

Again from the Bible: "...if GOD be for you, who can stand against you?..."

^^
In reverse, "If GOD be against you, who can stand for you?.."

The man case is pathetic
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by redsun(m): 9:09pm On Oct 21, 2012
musiwa7: why did the man steal church fund.

Who better to steal from than the church?Freebies.

One would have thought that you are humane a little,in as much as you are a little wacko,becomrich.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 21, 2012
Johndoe100:

NEROSKY:

me tire oh /.................
redsun:

They are so money conscious.It must have really angered them to think that someone had attempted to steal their hard scammed money.Nigerians are heartless.
redsun:

Who better to steal from than the church?Freebies.

One would have thought that you are humane a little,in as much as you are a little wacko,becomrich.
Is this a general madness or what? ?

A criminal stole money meant for a CHURCH and you all are asking why the church reacted? ? Is the money meant for you?? your relatives or your grandfathers??

16 Likes

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 21, 2012
Paul John: Offense like this don't need any human punishment, he's dealing personally with GOD.

In the book of Malachi, it says: "...can any man rob GOD?..."

Again from the Bible: "...if GOD be for you, who can stand against you?..."

^^
In reverse, "If GOD be against you, who can stand for you?.."

The man case is pathetic
Stop quoting too many verses to suit your ignorance..
Since God is for you, then why are you complaining about the looters and robbers in government.. why don't you fold your arms and hand it over to God when government deprive you 12 months salary, good roads and power..
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by nikkyshyne(f): 9:22pm On Oct 21, 2012
Durhhhhhhh
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by redsun(m): 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2012
acidosis™:

Is this a general madness or what? ?

A criminal stole money meant for a CHURCH and you all are asking why the church reacted? ? Is the money meant for you?? your relatives or your grandfathers??

Who is the money main for?Jesus abi jet flying pastor?

The concepts that shape your belief as a christian are forgiveness and sacrifice and what better to prove it than forgive a hapless thief that didnt even succeed in actually stealing your ill gotten money,in a country where even the magistrate that sentenced him is an authority thief.

10 Likes

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by ektbear: 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2012

What the fvck type of id1ocity is this?

Forgiveness does not mean that you don't have to face the law.

The law is the law.

Plus, what if the guy has stolen before? By not reporting him, then you leave other churches vulnerable.

12 Likes

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by redsun(m): 9:28pm On Oct 21, 2012
ekt_bear:

What the fvck type of id1ocity is this?

Forgiveness does not mean that you don't have to face the law.

The law is the law.

Plus, what if the guy has stolen before? By not reporting him, then you leave other churches vulnerable.

Shut up,they can chose not to press charges.

Plus he could be a first and circumstantial offender that doesnt deserve jail term.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by ektbear: 9:30pm On Oct 21, 2012
Suppose he committed murder in the church. Should the family of the victim also not press charges?

What if he burns down church property. Also they should not press charges?

He could be a first time offender, or he could be a repeat offender. The only way to find out is for him to be processed by the police and courts.

1 Like

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by ektbear: 9:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
Anyway I am tired of folk like redsun claiming that unless Christians behave like mumu, then they aren't Christian.

1 Like

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by pheyikemi: 9:35pm On Oct 21, 2012
''Thou shall not steal''. Definitely, stealing is a sin, so let him face d law and thank God he wasnt given a jungle justice, he stil can repent.

3 Likes

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by redsun(m): 9:39pm On Oct 21, 2012
ekt_bear: Suppose he committed murder in the church. Should the family of the victim also not press charges?

What if he burns down church property. Also they should not press charges?

He could be a first time offender, or he could be a repeat offender. The only way to find out is for him to be processed by the police and courts.

Muder is not same as stealing,my friend.And definitely not the same as arson.So many nigerians are driven to steal because they dont have a choice.They are not junkies,they not gamblers,but just hungry and helpless because of the useless system.

Nigerian justice system is too primitive to consider first offenders,what rules there is who has more money to buy the system.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by nikkyshyne(f): 9:40pm On Oct 21, 2012
And Redsun keeps arguing blindly.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by redsun(m): 9:41pm On Oct 21, 2012
[quote author=nikkyshyne]And Redsun keeps arguing blindly.[/quote

Where this one come from sef?
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by nikkyshyne(f): 9:46pm On Oct 21, 2012
^ Please ask again
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
redsun:

Who is the money main for?Jesus abi jet flying pastor?
The money is meant for God, and the Pastor in charge is the representative of God to the church.. He was called by God to deliver his word to the people. Now how can you deliver God's word to people & nations without money??

The concepts that shape your belief as a christian are forgiveness and sacrifice and what better to prove it than forgive a hapless thief that didnt even succeed in actually stealing your ill gotten money,in a country where even the magistrate that sentenced him is an authority thief.
Only God can forgive a criminal..
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 21, 2012
redsun:

Muder is not same as stealing,my friend.And definitely not the same as arson.So many nigerians are driven to steal because they dont have a choice.They are not junkies,they not gamblers,but just hungry and helpless because of the useless system.

Nigerian justice system is too primitive to consider first offenders,what rules there is who has more money to buy the system.

Mister man, stop these craps!

1. If he needed help, why didn't he seek for it in the right way?

2. Is the church the reason for his predicament?

3. Don't you think it is a great offence, to steal from God?
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by redsun(m): 9:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
acidosis™:

The money is meant for God, and the Pastor in charge is the representative of God to the church.. He was called by God to deliver his word to the people. Now how can you deliver God's word to people & nations without money??

Only God can forgive a criminal..

"God" works through man,just like devil work through man too.And what better way to spread the word of god than to forgive a hapless thief?

Or is it not the same bible that says somebody can be forgiven times without number you guys are following? And same bible that says thou shall not judge?
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Osiris211: 10:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
Onyeka Eze

Another hardworking industrious son trying to export and import merchandise. smh!
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by redsun(m): 10:44pm On Oct 21, 2012
Osiris.211:

Another hardworking industrious son trying to export and import merchandise. smh!

Hmmm,this caveman is not seeing a human being here,he is seeing a Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by SisiKill1: 10:57pm On Oct 21, 2012
Whoa! Are thieves supposed to steal from other thieves?

Jeez, gone are the days of Honor among thieves.

Yep, it is official. . .the end is near. undecided

3 Likes

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 22, 2012
Hmnn....One robs thru tithes & offerings and the other attempts to steal under the guise of joblessness!
Ole gbe ole gba, but whos the real judge? The earthly or the Heavenly/Higher Judge?
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Horus(m): 1:11am On Oct 22, 2012
The robber was sent by Jesus himself because there is a financial crisis in heaven.
Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Nobody: 1:17am On Oct 22, 2012
Why should a guy be jailed for stealing in the church??

Till pastors show me proofs that tithes and offering actually go to heaven to God, they have no right to accuse any church member of stealing...

Pastors are the biggest thieves in the church!!

Quote me!!

6 Likes

Re: 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos by Nobody: 1:20am On Oct 22, 2012
Horus: The robber was sent by Jesus himself because there is a financial crisis in heaven.

if this was meant as a joke, you failed. You need to ask for forgiveness, man

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Share Your Testimonies. See mine. Photo / Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat / We Are All Aborisha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.