Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This (9519 Views)

My Thoughts On The Worthless Death-bed Repentance. / “God Has Anointed Me To Lead A Revolution Against Islamic Jihadists” – Oyedepo / Don't Compromise, God Is Banking On You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by tpia1: 12:39am On Nov 23, 2012
pastormustwacc: ^^^Ha! i meant living a godless life, was just using a slang i picked from some naija pastors, or should i say enjoying life here means - living a worldly life.

usually what people mean by "enjoying life" isnt really enjoyment so much when life itself kicks in.

imo.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 12:40am On Nov 23, 2012
afam4eva:
She understands. She's just playing dumb. That's vintage Tpia for you. Pay her no attention.
I have been looking for your phone number self, i have some work to discuss with you.
- This is *dhtml under the green hood.

I am used to tpia, afteral i have been on nairaland for considerable time. But i answered for the sake of others that come to twist your words. The atheists.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 12:41am On Nov 23, 2012
tpia1:

usually what people mean by "enjoying life" isnt really enjoyment so much when life itself kicks in.

imo.
Now that is another way to look at it. But really the phrase "enjoying life" in itself can be quite misleading.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by tpia1: 12:51am On Nov 23, 2012
pastormustwacc:

I am used to tpia, afteral i have been on nairaland for considerable time. But i answered for the sake of others that come to twist your words. The atheists.

you should just tell him to learn to mind his own business.

that will help him more.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 6:11am On Nov 23, 2012
^^^Yeah, but he is my padi for business too
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 23, 2012
Not if d god of d bible is truly "d only wise god."how do u deliberately live in rebellion against somebody n plan to repent when your life's no longer of use to him,when yr life's in shambles,only d peels left...i think a wise god will see d deceit,d deviousness n cunning behind d whole show, n especially if it's d OT god will land dat person in d hottest hell fire there is.i mean,dis is an act of con n wud "d wise god"fall for dat I dont think so. Moreover,i've read some "hell books" where many who prayed on their deathbeds weren't saved...they'd crossed d rubicon already even though it took several days b4 they eventually died...reminds me of an ol' xtian hymn dat says:"there's a line dat is drawn by rejecting d lord."
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by manmustwac(m): 6:47pm On Nov 23, 2012
Even Constantine who helped compile the Bible at the meeting at Nicosea committed many sins and waited on purpose unril he was on his deathbed before he repented
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Snowwy: 7:13pm On Nov 23, 2012
Per the topic, death bed repentance just like the thief by the side of Jesus can lead to heaven.

However for those banking on waiting till this time before they repent, look at this scripture:

Hebrews 10:26-27

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Anyone who is waiting till the point of death before repentance obviously has some knowledge of the truth.
Repentance should be immediate and the striving to, by the Holy Spirit, work out ones salvation with fear and trembling.
It should also be noted that death can be sudden so repentance is now.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2012
^^^That is the moral of the topic, thank you very much. But surprisingly, many people are of different views.

manmustwac: Even Constantine who helped compile the Bible at the meeting at Nicosea committed many sins and waited on purpose unril he was on his deathbed before he repented
And was the repentance accepted?
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by manmustwac(m): 12:47am On Nov 24, 2012
pastormustwacc:
And was the repentance accepted?
Try asking Jesus that question & please let me know what his answer is coz me to would like to know wink
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 1:53am On Nov 24, 2012
^^^Why should i care, he might be roasting like turkey in hell for all i care,
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by holypower(m): 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2013
CrazyMan:
Yes it can...its very possible.

Once you confess that Jesus is lord, you're automatically a new creation.

2 Chorinthians 5:17. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

It doesn't matter if your confession is made on your death bed, you would definitely make heaven...God's word is true and would remain ever true.
remember, before one will be a new creature, he must repent genuinely, it is not done just with the mouth but wholeheartedly. Not only just confessing with the mouth but also believing in the heart. It can be too late for you to repent at the point of death. If you have opportunity to repent now and you wasted it, at the point of your death may not be your opportunity to repent!

1 Like

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by bizmahn: 11:13am On Jul 07, 2013
Gal.6:7 Be not decieved,God is not mocked,for whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap.

Man cannot decieve God & the devil.If God knows you are willfully bent on wallowing in sin despite persistent warnings with last minute repentance escape plan he will make that plan impossible.Same with the devil.Tell me how a man who fully yields himself to willful sins & is now possessed by demons of those iniquities can repent at last minute.Its impossible because the demons are now in full control of his mind unconscious to him.

Have you not heard the addage that "those that plan to repent by 11pm die by 10:30".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Our Blessed Virgin Mary- Feast Of Immaculate Conception / Do You Really Believe In Destiny? / I Shall Be Paying My #20,000 Tithe To Nairalanders Henceforth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.