Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,069 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:24 AM

Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria (5581 Views)

In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria / House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS / Eziachi: Northern Under Age Voters Vs Southern Vote Writers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by MegaMan2020: 12:17am On Oct 22, 2012
The SW/SE/SS is a million miles ahead of the North intellectually. Why do we allow the Northerners to divide us? I'm a Yoruba man but lets be real. The North are behind Boko Haram, and most of the bullshit in this country! You know it and I know it. When will we stand up to these animals? From Yoruba to Igbo to Edo..Lets stand up to these animals. It's time. UNITY!!!

3 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by Ikengawo: 12:43am On Oct 22, 2012
every single chance nigeria has had to 'stand up to these animals' the yoruba has sided with them like loyal pets, so please exclude SW from your 'unity' list.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 22, 2012
Ikengawo: every single chance nigeria has had to 'stand up to these animals' the yoruba has sided with them like loyal pets, so please exclude SW from your 'unity' list.

In the first republic, which region made alliance with the North-West or East?
Didn't Awolowo approach Zik for alliance but was turned down?

In second republic, which region made alliance with the North-West's UPN or East' NPP?
The West has always been in opposition even when OBJ was ruling as a civilian president.

Keep spreading your lies and deceits.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by 9javoice1(m): 2:00am On Oct 22, 2012
Yes we need the alliance now than ever.

To my opinion, let's the south join hands and vote an igbo man after Jonathan in 2015 or 2019

Up southern unity

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by kettykin: 5:49am On Oct 22, 2012
quote]

In the first republic, which region made alliance with the North-West or East?
Didn't Awolowo approach Zik for alliance but was turned down?

In second republic, which region made alliance with the North-West's UPN or East' NPP?
The West has always been in opposition even when OBJ was ruling as a civilian president.

Keep spreading your lies and deceits.

[/quote]

On the other hand Awolowo approached both Azikiwe and Ahmadu Bello for Alliance and when both men discovered the Antics Awolowo wanted to play on them they reject his offer for Alliance

http://books.google.com.ng/books?id=IaUKF96XAIgC&pg=PA203&lpg=PA203&dq=why+zik+rejected+awolowos+offer&source=bl&ots=PNXAGeL_W1&sig=wtZdWO2aOaxGxomH62qZNk-rhz4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=JM6EULOyHJG2hAf9tYCQBA&ved=0CEIQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=why%20zik%20rejected%20awolowos%20offer&f=false

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by Blazay(m): 6:11am On Oct 22, 2012
You first!
AJUWAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
You lead. . . and "we" shall follow! kiss
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by Arsenate(m): 7:35am On Oct 22, 2012
You are wrong. The south isn't million of miles ahead of the north intellectually. The south is million of miles ahead of north in producing "educated illiterates". A bunch of guys with stock-piles of certificates whose brains are always played with by the few educated northerners, lol.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 22, 2012
9ja voice: Yes we need the alliance now than ever.

To my opinion, let's the south join hands and vote an igbo man after Jonathan in 2015 or 2019

Up southern unity

I support jare. and I hope that would lead to the end of naijeria.
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by PaulJohn1: 8:34am On Oct 22, 2012
9ja voice: Yes we need the alliance now than ever.

Up southern unity

I think the solution to this is not voting for a particular tribe, but electing the right thinking person, either Igbo, Hausa or whatever.
A person capable of standing firm for the truth with high standard of integrity that can be imitated for good.

Aren't there a trust worthy person in the whole North who's blind to tribalism and ready to canter any unjust act perpetrated either from his tribes men or any other person from any tribe? I doubt that.

And about igbo been voted for;
What I think the truth is: no one trust them. Everyone is avoiding the repetition of the calamity that happened over four decades ago.
More so, with the like of the old prof who brought up buried history that stirs up hatred, it makes it more complex or impossible to have their trust.

Again, I'll say: "until we shorn tribalism and start making our vote based on candidates competence and integrity before Nigeria(North/South) can move forward".
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by rash47(m): 9:01am On Oct 22, 2012
Arsenate: You are wrong. The south isn't million of miles ahead of the north intellectually. The south is million of miles ahead of north in producing "educated illiterates". A bunch of guys with stock-piles of certificates whose brains are always played with by the few educated northerners, lol.

True talk bro,

Those aboki boys are blessed with divide and rule tactics, have you ever had anything like southern governors forum? I think since the inception of this democrazy they only met once. Southerners are lousy savages with unquentiable desire for materialism,the north got what can be termed 'native intelligence' rooted in islamic ideology,boko activities apart.
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 9:12am On Oct 22, 2012
@@@@

paul john

What I think the truth is: no one trust them. Everyone is avoiding the repetition of the calamity that happened over four decades ago.
More so, with the like of the old prof who brought up buried history that stirs up hatred, it makes it more complex or impossible to have their trust.

Again, I'll say: "until we shorn tribalism and start making our vote based on candidates competence and integrity before Nigeria(North/South) can move forward".

just listen to urself for once in ur life time lipsrsealed

once again we knew Achebe is right no matter how much they pretend

i think it is getting clearly shocked
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by Callotti: 9:49am On Oct 22, 2012
once again we knew Achebe is right no matter how much they pretend

i think it is getting clearly

Hmmmmm! This AK47anumanu nor dey taya to 'shoot gbags'! cheesy

Onye 'ESTUUUU' mu he he he he he

*whistles*

Phwi phwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

"Who is in the GAIDIN
A little fine boy. . . . cheesy"

Chineke 'God' of Zebby-darling alias 'PRO-PRO-LY'!!!

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkwJ-g0iJ6w
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 10:00am On Oct 22, 2012
@@@

JUMP
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:12am On Oct 22, 2012
Arsenate: You are wrong. The south isn't million of miles ahead of the north intellectually. The south is million of miles ahead of north in producing "educated illiterates". A bunch of guys with stock-piles of certificates whose brains are always played with by the few educated northerners, lol.

^^^Haba! That was a bit harsh undecided.....take am easy abeg.
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by gilmaro(m): 11:40am On Oct 22, 2012
I
Ikengawo: every single chance nigeria has had to 'stand up to these animals' the yoruba has sided with them like loyal pets, so please exclude SW from your 'unity' list. If only the yoruba's will stop betrayal.

Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by gilmaro(m): 11:54am On Oct 22, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Haba! That was a bit harsh undecided.....take am easy abeg.
well It's a simple truth . The north are fond of forging results since 1999 till date. They should go on thirty own jor.
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by Sealeddeal(m): 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2012
North and South? Well,the South contains two of the three most Dominant ethnic group.You know,two captain cannot be in the same ship.there is not going be such Southern alliance that will work.what Nigeria need to survive is semi-autonomous regions/zones.Igbos do not beg for Nigeria presidency.what we need is to govern ourselves and to create egalitarian society where we can perform best.
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by SkyBlue1: 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2012
Paul John:

I think the solution to this is not voting for a particular tribe, but electing the right thinking person, either Igbo, Hausa or whatever.
A person capable of standing firm for the truth with high standard of integrity that can be imitated for good.

Aren't there a trust worthy person in the whole North who's blind to tribalism and ready to canter any unjust act perpetrated either from his tribes men or any other person from any tribe? I doubt that.

Contradict yourself much?

Your types are the most dangerous on this forum where many impressionable people from around the world visit. I will gladly take an open racist anyday than your types that try to cover bigotry with pseudointellectualism. Keep using Chinua Achebe's opinion as your excuse, the man remains hugely respected around the world. Anyways, one more poster to ignore.
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by PaulJohn1: 1:47pm On Oct 22, 2012
Sky Blue:

Contradict yourself much?

Your types are the most dangerous on this forum where many impressionable people from around the world visit. I will gladly take an open racist anyday than your types that try to cover bigotry with pseudointellectualism. Keep using Chinua Achebe's opinion as your excuse, the man remains hugely respected around the world. Anyways, one more poster to ignore.

It's not an excuse but the fact that people like him makes it impossible to have you people's trust.
Whichever way you put, I'm not here to debate on how right his assertion were but to convince that guy who thinks voting for a candidate from a certain tribe'll bring the change we want.
I see the prof as a pure tribalist. And that's why I said until we shorn tribalism we should forget about any sort of progress.
This is my opinion, make yours and stop condemning people's idea when it opposes yours.
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 1:53pm On Oct 22, 2012
MegaMan2020: The SW/SE/SS is a million miles ahead of the North intellectually. Why do we allow the Northerners to divide us? I'm a Yoruba man but lets be real. The North are behind Boko Haram, and most of the bullshit in this country! You know it and I know it. When will we stand up to these animals? From Yoruba to Igbo to Edo..Lets stand up to these animals. It's time. UNITY!!!

A beg, make una stop this deception. There's no SW/SE/SS and North.
What do you mean by allowing North to divide us? Are we one before?
This lie should end.

What we have is just North, South, and Lagos.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/799572_Countries_in_Nigeria_1900_pngae5a5c9931b6bc3903a8e6d3854bdde5
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by SkyBlue1: 2:39pm On Oct 22, 2012
Paul John:

It's not an excuse but the fact that people like him makes it impossible to have you people's trust.
Whichever way you put, I'm not here to debate on how right his assertion were but to convince that guy who thinks voting for a candidate from a certain tribe'll bring the change we want.
I see the prof as a pure tribalist. And that's why I said until we shorn tribalism we should forget about any sort of progress.
This is my opinion, make yours and stop condemning people's idea when it opposes yours.

LOL. Very true to type, no addition, no subraction. If you need to believe I am from so and so place to suit your own agenda instead of facing your bigotry then that is your prerogative. Have a nice day. The points highlighted in your posts is there for all to see, I am happy to leave it at that.
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 22, 2012
Sky Blue:

LOL. Very true to type, no addition, no subraction. If you need to believe I am from so and so place to suit your own agenda instead of facing your bigotry then that is your prerogative. Have a nice day. The points highlighted in your posts is there for all to see, I am happy to leave it at that.

Kettle calling the pot black, what about your post as well?

@Paul_John

Ignore this clown!

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
@OP

There's no unity, the two major ethnic groups in the South need to align the minority they share similar backgrounds with and forge ahead towards the final disintegration of the country. No one can be trusted in the grand scheme of things in Nigeria and it would be absolutely wishful thinking, if you think ndigbos will ever support your agenda; focus on your group and leave others out of it.

They are still bitter about the civil war and they have never wanted Southern unity even before the war(1959 election). And it will be suicidal for Yorubas to seek alliance with them. Stick to the mutual alliance you have got with Edo, Itshekiri, and Urhobo; but leave Igbos out of it.
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 3:12pm On Oct 22, 2012
@@@@

dnt mind anybody talking about breaking up

but let them be least assured the igbo property in Lagos and elsewhere arent going anwyay cool

Putting it straight to them cool

cuz these dubious haters cant be trusted i think
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by T9ksy(m): 3:53pm On Oct 22, 2012
ikeyman00: @@@@

dnt mind anybody talking about breaking up

but let them be least assured the igbo property in Lagos and elsewhere arent going anwyay cool

Putting it straight to them cool

cuz these dubious haters cant be trusted i think

Yeah, like the ibo properties in Kano, Kaduna, abuja ati bebelo aren't going anywhere.

You ibos will have to carry your properties and investments on your flat obdurate heads back to alaigbo land else..........
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 22, 2012
I can live comfortably with yorubas but only with one eye open because they have refused to give up [b]AWO's ideology [/b]which is "betray, trick and gain" mentality which can never work in this modern Era. For me as far as SW is concerned they can never fit into any other Southern region not even EDO the way they still reason.

We IGBOS have discarded ZIK mentality thats why we have moved forward , YORUBAS need to do the same for South to relieve ourselves from the parasitic bondage of the North. SS have long realized.
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by hakanai(m): 4:06pm On Oct 22, 2012
T9ksy:

Yeah, like the ibo properties in Kano, Kaduna, abuja ati bebelo aren't going anywhere.

You ibos will have to carry your properties and investments on your flat obdurate heads back to alaigbo land else..........

^^^^^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 22, 2012
T9ksy:

Listen and Listen very carefully:
IGBOS dont hang their future on any form of property they have now, Do you know why , we are soo hardworking that we can easily acquire them in a short time.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by Sealeddeal(m): 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2012
If Nigeria approach division and if Igbos wish,they will sell their properties and even to foreigners.to chinese who will colonise those places after Igbo.
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by mallammusa1(m): 5:13pm On Oct 22, 2012
if the north is behind, then why have they been ruling for a long time? or do you think that an illiterate can manage and lead human beings? the most progressive leadership this country has had is under a northerner. Sen. Jibril Aminu a fulani man till this day holds the record of the best graduating student Medecine has ever had in University of ibadan. In the case of boko haram and all, go and ask your commander in chief with all the nation's millitary and intelligence resources at his disposal yet he & innocecent nigerians are taken captive by a small group of illiterates. please dont under rate the north.
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by Akanbiedu(m): 5:50pm On Oct 22, 2012

rash47:

True talk bro,

Those aboki boys are blessed with divide and rule tactics, have you ever had anything like southern governors forum? I think since the inception of this democrazy they only met once. Southerners are lousy savages with unquentiable desire for materialism,the north got what can be termed 'native intelligence' rooted in islamic ideology,boko activities apart.

I couldn't agree more.
Re: Northern Nigeria Vs Southern Nigeria by Default01: 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
Mallam musa shame on u and d northern elites,u guys ruled d country 4 abt 36 yrs dat is more dan half our independence,and u guys ar stil backward in evrytin.ok apart 4r begging and bombing.bunch of sucide bombers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is NAFDAC Still Active? / Oyo Gov’s Wife, Florence Ajimobi Strips Protocol Staff Naked / BREAKING: Ministerial Screening: Rotimi Amaechi Delisted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.