Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,475 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion (103176 Views)

Nestlé Golden Morn Too Much Sugar / Is Nestlé Purelife Bottled Water Tasty? / Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by Seun(m): 8:34am On Oct 22, 2012
Hello Peterwins. Thanks for your comment on Nestlé Golden Morn. I’m Iquo Ukoh from Nestlé Nigeria.

We apologise for the confusion caused by the information which was added to the product label in June, 2012. The product was labelled as “Golden Morn is not an infant cereal. Not suitable for children below 3 years” as a precautionary measure because it is not formulated as an infant or weaning cereal.

We have decided to modify the label to avoid any further inconvenience. We continue to clearly mention it is not an infant cereal.

We always communicate information that help consumers make informed purchasing decision and we encourage our consumers to choose a variety of foods to meet daily nutritional requirements.

Here's a follow-up statement from Nestle addressing the reason for the label change:
In our efforts to improve the information we provide on our packaging, we decided to change the statement in June 2012, which coincided with a packaging and recipe change we have done on Nestlé Golden Morn to make your favorite cereal more nutritious and delicious. And we are delighted to inform you that Nestlé Golden Morn is now fortified with iron and vitamin A.

Nestlé would like to assure you that Golden Morn is a nutritious cereal that is absolutely good to consume by adults and children as part of a varied diet and is produced from best quality Maize and Soya grains however it’s not developed for infants because it’s not an infant nor weaning cereal.

Be rest assured that the primary concern of Nestlé is to provide their valued consumers with the best quality , nutritious and delicious food.

For further enquiry please contact our Consumer Services line on 01-7940425
Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by ifeci: 8:39am On Oct 22, 2012
Ok, na for adults wey get the purchasing power.
Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by wandeay: 8:40am On Oct 22, 2012
no wonder, some children look bigger than usual, when they they re being fed with golden morn

8 Likes

Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by helixmanager: 8:41am On Oct 22, 2012
Nice feedback!
Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by Smartiegurl(f): 8:44am On Oct 22, 2012
Diz information is too late o. . . . .hw do i xplain diz 2 my 2years old nephew?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by Ariyke: 8:45am On Oct 22, 2012
Ok.
Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 22, 2012
Nestle get sense sha! undecided they quick respond sharp sharp! They no wan lose customer. They musta seen all those comment on peterwins thread. Smart move. grin
Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 22, 2012
No room for excuses when it comes to human lives and especially babies. This people should be charged to court. Some babies who have used it will have something turned up or negatively in their behavior. That's why you see some kids behaving irrational when clocking age 5, 6, 7.

3 Likes

Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by pingo(m): 9:06am On Oct 22, 2012
this is good! Kudos to Nairalanders!!! We are waiting for the day government officials will start responding too!

4 Likes

Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 22, 2012
okay undecided

1 Like

Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:20am On Oct 22, 2012
wandeay: no wonder, some rich men children looks like a baboon, when they will be feeding their infant with golden morn
Y u dey vex.. because na guinea corn and agboo dem take breast feed you? grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 22, 2012
These golden morn folks are crazy. My daugther started it since 18 months and now she is 4. My boy has been on it for the past six months and now he is two. And all we hear from these guys is that it is not cereal.
I don't know what SON/NAFDAC are doing in this country. If not nairaland, I wouldn't have known. My major check always is expiry date and nutrient content. I just noticed this development and the folks are here saying that it has been on since July.
All lies.

2 Likes

Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by Youngsage: 9:24am On Oct 22, 2012
Smartie gurl: Diz information is too late o. . . . .hw do i xplain diz 2 my 2years old nephew?
Nestle is nt to blame here, if anyone is to blame here, then it is d person that bought it and has been feeding d baby with d golden morn. It was stated on d pack dat it isnt 4 infant feeding, so blame urself dat u failed 2 read it.
It is only an illiterate dat will check for expiry date and nutritive content only, on any food product, you shld read evrything on d pack. At least there are other cereals dat are 4 babies only, in d market? Or isnt a baby supposed to be on brestmilk xclusively 4 d 1st two yrs?

7 Likes

Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by Sagytarius(m): 9:25am On Oct 22, 2012
See as Seun quote Peterwins name join like say Nestle specifically mention him name. All the same, the info don reach us be say e don reach us.

Longlive NL!
Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by plendil: 9:31am On Oct 22, 2012
Thanks for your comment on Nestlé Golden Morn. I’m Iquo Ukoh from Nestlé Nigeria.

We apologise for the confusion caused by the information which was added to the product label in June, 2012. The product was labelled as “Golden Morn is not an infant cereal. Not suitable for children below 3 years” as a precautionary measure because it is not formulated as an infant or weaning cereal.

We have decided to modify the label to avoid any further inconvenience. We continue to clearly mention it is not an infant cereal.

We always communicate information that help consumers make informed purchasing decision and we encourage our consumers to choose a variety of foods to meet daily nutritional requirements.

what exactly is being said here? Is it good or not??

2 Likes

Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by switchmax8: 9:31am On Oct 22, 2012
woow this is crazy really insane country it is only in nigeria that this shit happen.why will nafdac or SON react when the various companies employ their family members in and they are not taking it.My daughter has been taking it for over a yr now and she is 2yrs plus now this last one at home when it finishes will not buy again because when i read it on nairaland i communicate it to my wife she said that was the reason soya bean was added to make it suitable for kids under 3yrs.I am going to put a stop to it and we should endeavour to spread the news now and it should be viral twitter,facebook and other affordable means because it is really bullshit

1 Like

Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by helixmanager: 9:39am On Oct 22, 2012
plendil:

what exactly is being said here? Is it good or not??

Golden Morn is only suitable(i.e GOOD)for children of 3yrs or older,so Nestle is not responsible for any digestibility complications arising from parents feeding their children under the age mentioned.

The MODIFICATION is on what Peterwins stated about clarity/legibility of such a sensitive information and they hope to make amends to that.
Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by papaejima1: 9:42am On Oct 22, 2012
Seun: Hello Peterwins.

Thanks for your comment on Nestlé Golden Morn. I’m Iquo Ukoh from Nestlé Nigeria.

What exactly are you saying or have you said here.
Maybe am not getting it, can someone please tell me what [b]information [/b]the Nestle guy have passed across.
Is it that they are going to modify the label again or what... ?
am at a loss... undecided

1 Like

Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by jhydebaba(m): 9:51am On Oct 22, 2012
Hope GARRI does not affect infants negatively cuz my babies have been living on it

1 Like

Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by helixmanager: 10:04am On Oct 22, 2012
switchmax8: woow this is crazy really insane country it is only in nigeria that this shit happen.why will nafdac or SON react when the various companies employ their family members in and they are not taking it.My daughter has been taking it for over a yr now and she is 2yrs plus now this last one at home when it finishes will not buy again because when i read it on nairaland i communicate it to my wife she said that was the reason soya bean was added to make it suitable for kids under 3yrs.I am going to put a stop to it and we should endeavour to spread the news now and it should be viral twitter,facebook and other affordable means because it is really bullshit

I feel your pain brother cos my baby is also under 3 and Im gonna stop it till he's 3.We need to thank Peterwins for being so observant.

This also goes to all that we should endeavor to check the labels of all items we buy before consumption.The labels are not just for adverts,they contain regulatory enhanced information to protect the right of consumers.I have lost count of times I have called attention of groceries owners to product expiry.

We need to look out for expiry or best before dates,Manufacturing dates,Nafdac numbers,look out for allergy sensitive ingredients (e.g Some people are allergic to Soya beans),Alcoholic contents,........

Nestle isn't liable for you feeding your baby Golden morn below the desired age cos its on the product label,hence NAFDAC cant hold them for that.Infact,it has passed thru NAFDAC approval.Its an extra effort from Nestle to make it legible enough as a way of showing their respect to customer concerns.

Its a National error,we are all in it just the way we unconsciously call all seasoning Maggi,all toothpaste Macleans,.......and we assume to once a baby takes Friso gold/Frisocream from 6months,by one year they can start taking Golden Morn instead of waiting for the child to clock 3.

Permit me to conclude that Golden Morn isn't a poison but the Starch content is hydrolyzed to suit the digestive system of children 3 yrs and above. My Child ate it very well and he is very healthy physically but maybe there was much stress on his digestive organs.

If you take time to read my long comments,I say thank you.

9 Likes

Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by GNBohr: 10:05am On Oct 22, 2012
This response from Nestle get as e be. It only add to the comfusion and worry of the people. What do they mean by " precautionary measures". Why the new insertion of precaution in June 2012? What makes the product "suitable" pre June 2012 and "unsuitable" post June 2012. What is the danger to the children who have previously, are presently and will later consume the product?
These are the issues, not some grossly inadequate and irresponsible response. I checked the composition of the product and read nothing strange that can alarm one to the unsuitableness of the product. Nestle should tell us the hidden information not displayed on the product label that compels them to insert this "caveat emptor" years after millions of children under 3 years must have consumed their product.
In the absence of such absolute information and guarantee, NAIRALANDERS SHOULD NOT HESITATE TO INSTITUTE A LIBEL AGAINST NESTLE FOR ENDAGERING LIVES OF MILLIONS OF OUR CHILDREN.
This will serve as deterrent to other companies who play economics with children lives. Nestle may have indeed betray the trust parents have in them to produce healthy foods for our children. How are we sure other products of theirs dont have similar flaws or danger. Boycotting, all their products until they come with more convincing information and public apology in all media they used in advertising the product, may be a good reaction to their act of dangerous irresponsibility.
NAFDAC need to be pressured to act on this issue as well.

3 Likes

Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by hillyf: 10:28am On Oct 22, 2012
Youngsage:
Nestle is nt to blame here, if anyone is to blame here, then it is d person that bought it and has been feeding d baby with d golden morn. It was stated on d pack dat it isnt 4 infant feeding, so blame urself dat u failed 2 read it.
It is only an illiterate dat will check for expiry date and nutritive content only, on any food product, you shld read evrything on d pack. At least there are other cereals dat are 4 babies only, in d market? Or isnt a baby supposed to be on brestmilk xclusively 4 d 1st two yrs?
did'nt u hear dem say dey included d information in june??
Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by teddy2011: 10:43am On Oct 22, 2012
The next thing we would hear is that cornflakes is not suitable for kids under 3yrs. Sha I have heard. I wld stick to my rice crisps.
Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by Skipfr(m): 10:47am On Oct 22, 2012
I started giving it to my baby dat is a year old n noticed within a short period dat he was diminishing. we took him for medical check up n was told his pcv has reduced drastically. we stopped giving him golden morn n went back to d former feed we were giving him n added some blood building drugs. within a short time also his pcv came back to normal.
Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by Kx: 10:51am On Oct 22, 2012
This is an indication that there are so many other foods/drinks that we are consuming without reading the manufacturers caveats.

Nestle even tried, at least the warning is clear enough, but do we read instructions/user manuals at all?
Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by cecegorz(m): 10:57am On Oct 22, 2012
@SEUN/MODs
I observed that when i use the bold icon or font resize icon on a selected text, instead of getting the function executed, the whole text gets duplicated.
I guess that's a bug.

1 Like

Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by cecegorz(m): 11:07am On Oct 22, 2012
GNBohr: This response from Nestle get as e be. It only add to the comfusion and worry of the people. What do they mean by " precautionary measures". Why the new insertion of precaution in June 2012? What makes the product "suitable" pre June 2012 and "unsuitable" post June 2012. What is the danger to the children who have previously, are presently and will later consume the product?
These are the issues, not some grossly inadequate and irresponsible response. I checked the composition of the product and read nothing strange that can alarm one to the unsuitableness of the product. Nestle should tell us the hidden information not displayed on the product label that compels them to insert this "caveat emptor" years after millions of children under 3 years must have consumed their product.
In the absence of such absolute information and guarantee, NAIRALANDERS SHOULD NOT HESITATE TO INSTITUTE A LIBEL AGAINST NESTLE FOR ENDAGERING LIVES OF MILLIONS OF OUR CHILDREN.
This will serve as deterrent to other companies who play economics with children lives. Nestle may have indeed betray the trust parents have in them to produce healthy foods for our children. How are we sure other products of theirs dont have similar flaws or danger. Boycotting, all their products until they come with more convincing information and public apology in all media they used in advertising the product, may be a good reaction to their act of dangerous irresponsibility.
NAFDAC need to be pressured to act on this issue as well.
You are right bro.
It is possible that they added some stronger contents that neccesitates the added info on the pack just in June this year.
My 3-year old has been on it since she was one, and we really have had no reason to suspect it as she never had any digestive issues.
NESTLE should do better than the above by providing a clear reason for the recent changes.
Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by Mavrick2012: 11:19am On Oct 22, 2012
Dis speaks volume of d growin eficacy of nairaland on d natn.PROUD 2B A NAIRALANDARALIANA.
Re: Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion by dimusky: 11:29am On Oct 22, 2012
I am amazed at the levity with which Nestle is treating this Golden Morn Matter, can you imagine just waking up one morning and squeezing in an almost hidden 'warning' on an infant cereal that it is no longer suitable for them. Firstly WHY exactly is it no longer suitable for below 3yr olds? PARENTS DESERVE TO KNOW. Secondly, since the warning was introduced just in June 2012,why Is it difficult to give it PUBLICITY in the TV, radio etc. Children are involved here. As for your half-hearted response on Nairaland, all I can say is that it is a shame.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Long Cobra Killed At Our Backyard This Morning After Eating 6 Chicken Eggs / Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time / As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.