Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? (4092 Views)

Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor / Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai / The First Britsh Slave Ship To Reach The Americas Was Called The Good Jesus! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by KDK(m): 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2012
Please bothers and sisters, could any of you tell me Why is God not called the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel? But rather He says 'I am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob'. Afterall ,He changed Jacob to Israel.
Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by KDK(m): 8:22am On Oct 23, 2012
Still waiting? Please, Where are the bible scholars?
Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by ijawkid(m): 9:21am On Oct 23, 2012
KDK: Please bothers and sisters, could any of you tell me Why is God not called the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel? But rather He says 'I am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob'. Afterall ,He changed Jacob to Israel.

Its the same thing...

Jacob = isreal and vice versa....
Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by KDK(m): 9:49am On Oct 23, 2012
ijawkid:

Its the same thing...

Jacob = isreal and vice versa....
Why was it not used inter-changeably?
Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by seyibrown(f): 3:23pm On Oct 23, 2012
In the Bible, the man Jacob, was mostly referred to as Jacob - even after he was renamed Israel by God, right up till his death. You will find that on most occassions where he was referred to as Israel there was some reference to his sons/family. Israel was mostly used to refer to Jacob's descendants collectively, while Jacob mostly reffered to the individual. 'The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob' ,therefore, follows as particular reference is being made to the God that these individuals served. 'God of Israel' is usually used to refer to the God of the descendants of Jacob collectively.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by lepasharon(f): 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2012
i call him the God of israel somtimes..

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2012
SPLITTING HAIRS ARE WE
Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 23, 2012
lepasharon: i call him the God of israel somtimes..

When some people are called "Jewish slaves", they complain.

Where is the God of Nigeria?
Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 23, 2012
Logicboy03:

OYEDEPO
Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 23, 2012
obadiah777: OYEDEPO

grin grin grin grin grin

lmao!! Almost died of laughter!

Unfortunately, it might not be so for Oyedepo
https://www.nairaland.com/1082711/thank-oyedepo-other-mogs-tithes

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by KDK(m): 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2012
seyibrown: In the Bible, the man Jacob, was mostly referred to as Jacob - even after he was renamed Israel by God, right up till his death. You will find that on most occassions where he was referred to as Israel there was some reference to his sons/family. Israel was mostly used to refer to Jacob's descendants collectively, while Jacob mostly reffered to the individual. 'The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob' ,therefore, follows as particular reference is being made to the God that these individuals served. 'God of Israel' is usually used to refer to the God of the descendants of Jacob collectively.
I like how you juxtaposed Jacob and Israel. Many thanks.
Any other idea?
Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by KDK(m): 4:47pm On Oct 23, 2012
grin grin grin una be clowns.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by KDK(m): 4:47pm On Oct 23, 2012
obadiah777: SPLITTING HAIRS ARE WE
Yes o.... I want to see the crux. There may be specific reasons why it is so; someone just gave a nice idea as to why it is used and I buy it. wink
Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
KDK:
Yes o.... I want to see the crux. There may be specific reasons why it is so; someone just gave a nice idea as to why it is used and I buy it. wink
am buying too. sounds logical.
Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by ijawkid(m): 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2012

Lwkmd!!!!!.....

Buzugee o....you won't kill me....

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 23, 2012
ISRAEL means 'GOD Wrestler'/'he who strives with God'... lol

God of the 'God Wrestler'..
Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 29, 2012
seyibrown: In the Bible, the man Jacob, was mostly referred to as Jacob - even after he was renamed Israel by God, right up till his death. You will find that on most occassions where he was referred to as Israel there was some reference to his sons/family. Israel was mostly used to refer to Jacob's descendants collectively, while Jacob mostly reffered to the individual. 'The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob' ,therefore, follows as particular reference is being made to the God that these individuals served. 'God of Israel' is usually used to refer to the God of the descendants of Jacob collectively.

So why did Israel say this ?

Cursed be their anger, for it was fierce; and their wrath, for it was cruel: I will divide them in Jacob, and scatter them in Israel. (Genesis 49:7 KJV)
Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by aSlingAndaStone: 1:14am On Jun 28, 2015
1 Chronicles 29:18 "O LORD, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, our fathers, preserve this forever in the intentions of the heart of Your people, and direct their heart to You;"

1 Kings 18:36 "At the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, Elijah the prophet came near and said, “O Lord, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, today let it be known that You are God in Israel and that I am Your servant and I have done all these things at Your word. "
Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by Orunto: 9:01am On Jun 28, 2015
For your sake bros. For He is also your God and my God. Your simple incantation to call for your miracle everytime is "IJN"!!!!
Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by danowena: 4:29am On Feb 14, 2016
Nice one.
Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by Flexherbal(m): 5:03am On Feb 14, 2016
They are the same.
Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by reallest(f): 10:43am On Feb 14, 2016
KDK:
Please bothers and sisters, could any of you tell me Why is God not called the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel? But rather He says 'I am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob'. Afterall ,He changed Jacob to Israel.

Let's wait for Al takuya expert to come & defend their sky daddy
Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by reallest(f): 10:45am On Feb 14, 2016
aSlingAndaStone:
1 Chronicles 29:18 "O LORD, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, our fathers, preserve this forever in the intentions of the heart of Your people, and direct their heart to You;"

1 Kings 18:36 "At the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, Elijah the prophet came near and said, “O Lord, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, today let it be known that You are God in Israel and that I am Your servant and I have done all these things at Your word. "

Op,has dis answered u
Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by promisechuks: 7:08am On Feb 15, 2016

God of isreal is the God of the whole world, no matter the country.
Re: Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? by danowena: 6:35am On Mar 04, 2018
KDK:

Very good question.

(1) (Reply)

How To Attract Money With Sugar, Rice, And Salt. / Inesqor On The Salvation Of The Non-christian / Apostle Johnson Suleiman 2018 Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.