Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Bad Habits That Ruin The Peace And The Joy Of Marriages - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bad Habits That Ruin The Peace And The Joy Of Marriages (1259 Views)

Do Live-In Relatives Ruin The Spark In A Marriage? / The End Of Marriages. / Do Live-in Relatives Ruin The Spark In A Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Habits That Ruin The Peace And The Joy Of Marriages by Timijo(m): 8:56pm On Oct 22, 2012
Here are some of the things that ruin happy homes.

1. Unfaithfulness to each other as husband and wife
2. Starving each other of sex b’cos of misunderstanding
3. When a wife refuse to cook for her husband b’cos of quarrel between them
4. Dirtiness from either of the party
5. Selfishness i.e. wanting to have everything to yourself or the best without considering the other person
6. Keeping secret from each other. This could be past or present secret
7. Resentment i.e. avoiding yourself because of unsettled quarrels
8. Envious of each others progress and success in life
9. Inability to apologize to each other. When there are issues
10. Bad communication i.e. using insultive and abusive words toward each other
11. Inability to accept correction from your spouse
12. Starving each other of fund i.e. being stingy to each other
13. Telling lies to your spouse
14. Impatient with your spouse
15. Uncontrollable anger
16. Intolerance i.e. being untouched. You always find fault in your spouse
17. Interference of third party e.g. friends and in-laws
18. Prayerlessness in family and many others

I want you to know that you can enjoy the peace and joy of God in your home by doing whatsoever Jesus tells you in his words in your home.
What has Jesus said?
1. Eph 5: 21-33 –Submit to your spouse and love one another as Christ loves the church.
2. 1 Thess 5:17-Pray together as family i.e. have a strong and consistent family altar
3. 2 Corin 6:14-18-Don’t be unequally yoke with the unbelievers. Don’t use the philosophy of the world to run your home
4. Eph 4:25-Don’t lie to one another. Be truthful and let your yes be yes and your no be no
5. Eph 4:26-Control your anger. Don’t be destructive when you are angry
6. vs 29-Be courtesy in communication to your spouse
7. Seek Godly counsel from genuine servants of God when having misunderstanding between you and your spouse. Finally, you must be born again. These things cannot be done by an ordinary man or woman, but children of God.

1 Like

Re: Bad Habits That Ruin The Peace And The Joy Of Marriages by eddy1977(m): 11:29pm On Oct 22, 2012
Great thread.
All the points you Brought forth can be summarized in one word: selfcenterdness
Re: Bad Habits That Ruin The Peace And The Joy Of Marriages by Timijo(m): 6:51am On Oct 23, 2012
eddy1977: Great thread.
All the points you Brought forth can be summarized in one word: selfcenterdness
Thanks. I know that. I chose to analyse it for people to understand it.
Re: Bad Habits That Ruin The Peace And The Joy Of Marriages by greatgod2012(f): 7:34am On Oct 23, 2012
Another bad habit: PRIDE.

Pride has desroyed so many homes, wives are not ready to humble and submit to their hubbies again.
Likewise, men are too concious of d fact dt they are d head, they are just too head-strong, they dont want their wives to question their authority, hence, reminding their wives they are d head.
May God help all of us
Re: Bad Habits That Ruin The Peace And The Joy Of Marriages by Timijo(m): 8:19am On Oct 23, 2012
greatgod2012: Another bad habit: PRIDE.

Pride has desroyed so many homes, wives are not ready to humble and submit to their hubbies again.
Likewise, men are too concious of d fact dt they are d head, they are just too head-strong, they dont want their wives to question their authority, hence, reminding their wives they are d head.
May God help all of us
You got it. Thanks for the addition.

(1) (Reply)

Wife That Smoke / Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? / 3 Things You Should Never Borrow Money To do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.