Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? (13462 Views)

If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) / Nigeria Is Finished! I Am Ashamed Of My Country - Pics / Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by aruzuoke(m): 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2012
Most times when I read up the news on foreign tabloids our dear country Nigeria is presented on the negative side. These days our African brothers are taking us to the cleaners with incessant cases of deportation.

They even treat us with disdain and look down on us.

As a proud Nigerian youth I believe that one day things must definitely turn out well in this country.

To my dear brothers and sisters especially those in diaspora how do u feel about this country.

Are u proud to fly d green white green colour outside the shores of this country or do u bend ure head down in shame when anything is said about this country.
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by godsony: 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
Yes, I m smtimes ashamed because of very bad leadership.but naija
Is one of d blessed countries on earth . Acursed with currupt
Leaders, tribalists,religious fanatics and devils. These are d reason
Why we have everything and still remain a poor country .yes I m
Ashame of nigeria

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Desola(f): 9:04pm On Oct 23, 2012
Have I ever been ashamed of being a Nigerian?

I am always ashamed to say i'm a Nigerian. Always!

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 23, 2012
undecided undecided embarassed

question should be "have you ever been proud to be a nigerian?"

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by berylLOL(f): 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2012
truth be told..Yes!, although no country is perfect but Nigeria justs puts the P in pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by CastleandGreen: 11:53pm On Oct 23, 2012
The country without evil men should cast the first stone.
I am 100% Nigerian.

18 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by seedord247(m): 11:53pm On Oct 23, 2012
Desola: Have I ever been ashamed of being a Nigerian?

Is it because you get free food stamp. sad

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by ektbear: 11:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
hmm
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by WAM1(f): 11:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
Hardly ever. I represent NAija till I die! In fact I'm very quick to identify myself as being Nigerian-regardless of whatever might be going on in my country.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by kulboy(m): 11:59pm On Oct 23, 2012
I am guilty of being ashmed of my nationality sometimes, but most times I'm proud to be a Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by acidtalk: 12:00am On Oct 24, 2012
If countries were for sale would you buy Nigeria?

https://www.nairaland.com/1062365/countries-sale-buy-nigeria
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by violent(m): 12:01am On Oct 24, 2012
Definitely not ashamed! I'm always proud tell people how my country is rifled with an epileptic power supply and a rapidly growing lower class. It also gives me joy to tell savage stories like that of Aluu to my friends who wouldn't believe humans are capable of such horrors.

What's there not to be proud of?

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 24, 2012
Yes. Especially when people's countenance change when I tell them my nationality
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 24, 2012
Yes ooo especially on facebook when trying to be friend with a foreigner,they decline or reject your f.request when they check out your info,i asked a couple of em why and i was told my country is full of scam,corruption & insecurity(bross boko tins)

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by safarigirl(f): 12:03am On Oct 24, 2012
No, why? I'd like to explain Nigeria in high school terms.

Nigeria is that popular kid in school who comes from a broken home, whose parents are individually rich, but have never quite been able to use their funds to help him. It's the kid who's never been the excellent student, never the star athlete, not the president of the debate team, and probably even has a drinking problem. Nigeria is that popular kid that everyone liked to taunt simply because, they never could figure out what made that kid better than them, there was just something.......

Our 'something' is called the fighting spirit, some refer to it as arrogance and over confidence, but what it is, is the knowledge that no matter how f*cked up you are, there's always someone you're better than. It might not be all that good, but never forget that if people talk about you, you must have something they don't. There are many countries you never hear about, simply because no one finds them important enough in the equation of things, surely we're doing something right.

Nigerians could be delusional, but f*ck it, We Rock and we don't need to explain ourselves to anyone

21 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 24, 2012
There are only two countries in the world, Nigeria and others. I still love 9ja even though it sucks. And yes i am sometimes ashamed of being a Nigerian esp when i remember the existence of boko haram

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 24, 2012
Am always ashamed being a Nigerian,and also ashamed of knowing u posted this rubbish,when u know the right answer.

Am ashamed of Toto Dikeh.

Am ashamed of our policemen.

Am ashamed of Nollywood with their scrappy drama.

Am ashamed of patient Goodluck,her English na die.

Am ashamed of PHCN.

Am ashamed of our roads,they are bed of potholes.

Am ashamed of STAGGER,Billyonaire,they lie too much.

Am ashamed of Nigerian girls,they can date monkey cos of money.

Am ashamed of the poster,cos this is a stupid kwesion.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 24, 2012
Never have, never will. Omo naija ni mi.......monkey no fine but hin mama like am

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by violent(m): 12:11am On Oct 24, 2012
safarigirl: No, why? I'd like to explain Nigeria in high school terms.

Nigeria is that popular kid in school who comes from a broken home, whose parents are individaualy rich, but have never quite been able to use their funds to help him. It's the kid whose never been the excellent student, never the star athlete, not the president of the debate team, and probably even has a drinking problem. Nigeria is that popular kid that everyone liked to taunt simply because, they never could figure out what made that kid better than them, there was just something.......

Our 'something' is called the fighting spirit, some refer to it as arrogance and over confidence, but what it is, is the knowledge that no matter how f*cked up you are, there's always someone you're better than. It might not be all that good, but never forget that if people talk about you, you must have something they don't. There are many countries you never hear about, simply because no one finds them important enough in the equation of things, surely we're doing something right.

Nigerians could be delusional, but f*ck it, We Rock and we don't need to explain ourselves to anyone

Yeaah! this is how we rock!!!

When you are done rocking, you can watch the Aluu video from here

http://www.todaysnigeria.com/2012/10/allu-village-video-of-brutal-murder-of_9.html

then let me know if your high school explanation and your somewhat immature conclusion that we don't owe anyone any explanations still apply.

In the meantime, enjoy rocking!!

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by bolayei: 12:11am On Oct 24, 2012
shallow minded people say them dey ashamed to be identified as nigerians..,you have alot of reasons to be proud to be from nigeria but as a nigerian maybe you ougth to be ashamed. whatever u change that green passport to..,on whatever passport you carry place of birth go always be nigeria. change your accent, your lifestyle, your name, you will always be BLACK and now choose anyother black nation you go rather come from. let me help your shallow ashamed to be nigerians minds ''JAMAICA''? and its probably them when you see them abroad they look like chukwudi and mufutau like say them stamp map of nigeria for their foreheads. nigerians please change your mindset and dont allow your mentality make you disown thy mother

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by ektbear: 12:11am On Oct 24, 2012
naijababe: Never have, never will. Omo naija ni mi.......monkey no fine but hin mama like am

cheesy grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by CrazyMan(m): 12:16am On Oct 24, 2012
No comment.
Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by pastormustwacc: 12:16am On Oct 24, 2012
I am ashamed of too many things to list. Every single thing i dont like in this world is present in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Orblonde: 12:21am On Oct 24, 2012
Nigeria is the greatest example of an epic betrayal and disappointment in the history of the entire black race and decent humanity. Go and ask any above 50 years learned person and he will articulate a confirmation to you. On that note I still refuse to lower my expectations to be pround of it. No amout of social engineering and being raised to sing the anthem everyday in school will change that.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by RickyRoss1(m): 12:23am On Oct 24, 2012
Inferiority complex is a disease, nobody will infringe on your right or abuse you without your consent. Nigeria is not as bad as Nigerians say it. If you are ashamed of being a Nigerian the best thing is to pack your bags and move over to Somalia or Burundi.

I am never ashamed of being a Nigerian. I rather swag and brag about being Nigerian. No foreigner will ever stand and tell me shitty things about Nigeria, if they tell me about 419 scams I will remind them 99.9% of 419 victims are greedy white bastardss who want to reap where they did not sow. Boko Haram is a secret tool the west is using to destabilize Nigeria.

Why should I be ashamed of being a Nigerian? How many countries have I got? Which country in this world is perfect? I don't let the negative side of Nigeria weigh me down. Rather it motivates me to work extra hard and contribute my quota to make Nigeria great.

16 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by FreeGlobe(f): 12:24am On Oct 24, 2012
have never been proud of Nigeria. Never been proud of boko haram or corruption oozing from certain part of the coutry. Proud of Biafra - the land of the sunrise. idgaf cool

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by violent(m): 12:25am On Oct 24, 2012
**Tunes in to Fela FM***

Every day my people dey inside bus
Every day my people dey inside bus
Forty-nine sitting, ninety-nine standing
Them go pack themselves in like sardine
Them dey faint, them dey wake like kock
Them go reach house, water no dey
Them go reach bed, power no dey
Them go reach road, go-slow go come
Them go reach road, police go slap
Them go reach road, army go whip
Them go look pocket, money no dey
Them go reach work, query ready

How many, many a many you go make?
Many, many...
How many, many a many you go make?
Many, many...

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Desola(f): 12:27am On Oct 24, 2012
seedord247:

Is it because you get free food stamp. sad

Not really...but definitely because I share the same green passport with ignoramus like you.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by CGKing(m): 12:28am On Oct 24, 2012
I really love naija n I haven't lived outside for long enough to know what. Nigeriand in dispors may be feeling. Small yabs, threats, snobs n so could be going on around them.

I sometimes feel we all look like big mugus to the international community to have soooooo much and yet have nothing. To b part of s.ppl who actually have no reason whatsoever to fail, but r failing.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 24, 2012
i was never ashamed, and will never be ashamed of my country...the more d media say different kindz of thingz...the more we work...PROUDLY NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by Truckpusher(m): 12:46am On Oct 24, 2012
Desola: Have I ever been ashamed of being a Nigerian?

If you are so ashamed of being a Nigerian,what are you doing in a Nigerian forumANSA ME NOW.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? by WildOne1: 12:48am On Oct 24, 2012
safarigirl: No, why? I'd like to explain Nigeria in high school terms.

Nigeria is that popular kid in school who comes from a broken home, whose parents are individaualy rich, but have never quite been able to use their funds to help him. It's the kid whose never been the excellent student, never the star athlete, not the president of the debate team, and probably even has a drinking problem. Nigeria is that popular kid that everyone liked to taunt simply because, they never could figure out what made that kid better than them, there was just something.......

If i was to choose whom to give my life to this morning, you would've won it! i love your spirit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Missing $20bn: Reps Gives Iweala One-week Ultimatum To Submit Forensic Audit Rep / Boko Haram Bombs Mosque In Maiduguri, 6 Killed / Samuel Ortom Queries Aide For Renaming Ahmadu Bello Way After Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.