Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert (10939 Views)

Boko Haram Is Wounded And Dangerous - Yahoo News / PDP Has Created Many Wealthy Nigerians- Jonathan / Boko Haram Not Sponsored By Anti-jonathan Politicians — US Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by Nobody: 1:14am On Oct 24, 2012
A security expert, Max Gbanite on Tuesday said some wealthy individuals in Nigeria are sponsors and supports to the Islamic sect, Boko Haram.

This according to Mr Gbanite, who was a guest on Channels Television’s morning programme, Sunrise Daily, is not a new fact since the State Security Services have always alluded to it.

The security expert was speaking against the background of recent events in Borno State. The military Joint Task Force (JTF) had on Thursday announced the arrest of Shuaib Mohammed Bama in Maiduguri, the Borno capital, describing him as “a high profile Boko Haram Commander who has been on the list of wanted terrorists operating between Bama and Maiduguri.”

The SSS had linked the arrested Boko Haram Commander to “a serving senator’s house along Damboa Road, GRA Maiduguri.”

The Senator, who was later identified as Ahmed Zanna, representing Borno Central Senatorial district, denied the allegation that the Boko Haram member was arrested in his house saying although the suspect is his nephew; he was not arrested in his apartment.

He said the suspect was arrested in a house belonging to Mr Sheriff and that the former governor is scheming with security operatives to robe him in the saga in order to claim his seat in the senate.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/10/23/boko-haram-is-sponsored-by-wealthy-nigerians-security-expert/
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by Callotti: 1:15am On Oct 24, 2012
A secret society?
Dem nor get names? grin
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by Nobody: 1:26am On Oct 24, 2012
just my thought
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by FrankC3: 2:37am On Oct 24, 2012
While i do not doubt the possibility of highly placed Nigerians being behind the security challenges in this country (even my grand mother knows this), I also know that the one way to identify a 'security expert' when he hardly makes statements on National issues. I am not talking about defense contractors. And a guy telling me on television that Boko Haram is sponsored by wealthy Nigerians is not really releasing any intelligence report, he is probably looking for contract.

PS: I don't doubt his assertion, i only question his title.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by okosodo: 8:06am On Oct 24, 2012
Wealthy northern muslims and northern governors.
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by pure123: 9:21am On Oct 24, 2012
God will save us in this country
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by slimpoppa(m): 9:24am On Oct 24, 2012
Shebi SSS know them. why dem come dey tell us. make dem arrest them na.
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by tunapawizzy: 9:25am On Oct 24, 2012
the man should shut d fvck up....who doesnt know that already.....apprehend them and stop whining
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 24, 2012
angryDuh
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by Goldieluks: 9:32am On Oct 24, 2012
Of course they are being sponsored by wealthy Nigerians, if not, who gives them the finances to buy the
alms and ammunition they use in carrying out their inhumane act? The Nigerian Government??

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by slimyem: 9:34am On Oct 24, 2012
This isnt news....

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by benedictjohn(m): 9:34am On Oct 24, 2012
We already knw »̶-̶»̶-̶̶ D̶̲̥̅̊å†̥-► bokoharam is sponsored by wealthy 9jerians...dis wealthy ppl are "ibrahim badamosi, abubakar atiku, dey knw demselves....
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by ghazzal: 9:36am On Oct 24, 2012
okosodo: Wealthy northern muslims and northern governors.
sorry for above comment, my friend took some black powder this morning
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by quicksylva(m): 9:38am On Oct 24, 2012
They should tell us something we don't know. Expose them all, we want thier names and the government should start prosecuting them all. Anything other than this na wash.
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by ANALIST: 9:44am On Oct 24, 2012
Is no more a secret or rumor but an establish fact which not only experienced Expert Gbanite has alludedto , but everyone who has being watching and monitoring the modus operandi of the sect. Therefore, it's time for all the sponsors to withdraw their support no matter what their interest is.
LFL(AKA ANALST)
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by collins123(m): 9:46am On Oct 24, 2012
[size=18pt]Laffin in Spanish.

'No, Na Nigerian Okada Riders dey Sponsor DEM!!!'

Shior![/size]

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by dhtml(m): 9:46am On Oct 24, 2012
This post was hidden
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by honiye(m): 9:48am On Oct 24, 2012
I have heard this 1001 times. This is no more news that some wealthy blah blah are behind the dawn boko animals. These are nothing than blabbing. give names, show evidences, make arrests, prosecute and punish them for terrorism. That's all! Sick cowards!
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by ZeusI: 9:53am On Oct 24, 2012
To what end? What is the motive of this sponsorship? To crush Northern power? To demonise Buhari come 2015 election? To islamatise the North? Or for some 'conspiracy theory'?
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by nagoma(m): 9:54am On Oct 24, 2012
Everybody knows that except perhaps our PhD southern sophisticated intelligent and educated listening President.
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 24, 2012
That is an old and overflogged fact.

The questions we need to answer are:

Who are they?
Why are they funding Boko Haram?
What do we do to effectively neutralise them?

If we can answer the above questions then I think we are on the right track to moving forward.
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by acidtalk: 10:02am On Oct 24, 2012
Wetin dey do this foo*ls?

Something wey pikin of 3months know na him dem wan do like say na discovery.

Abeg make un dive enter swamp joh!
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by Elueme: 10:08am On Oct 24, 2012
We know that long time ago.. Can we discuss something else?
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by Revealedtv(m): 10:12am On Oct 24, 2012
No it is sponsored by poor Nigerians who would rather sponsor an attack on themselves than buy agege bread to survive for one more day
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by RickyRoss1(m): 10:14am On Oct 24, 2012
Yes indeed, but the wealthy Nigerians may be ordinary fronts. I have no evidence, but its general knowledge the west, especially USA is behind Boko Haram to make their Nigeria disintegration propaganda possible.
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by HVILLE: 10:15am On Oct 24, 2012
abeg make d guy no make me vex dis morning even the bingo dog in my area know this already abeg make the guy allow fresh air touch me
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by ayee001: 10:17am On Oct 24, 2012
We all know this fact.
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by vislabraye(m): 10:19am On Oct 24, 2012
Who's this security expert? Just recently a senator was interogated.
We know those behind BH even Jonathan knows. We need evidence and the political will to arrest them.
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by size38: 10:25am On Oct 24, 2012
Nothing like Boko haram are being sponsored by wealthy nigerians, that means to rope everybody in. Boko haram is being sponsored by some wealthy northern muslims. That should be the argument and not wealthy nigerians
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by gistme24(m): 10:34am On Oct 24, 2012
Can the Senator be charged for treason if he knew and failed to report to the authorities what his nephew has been up to? Becuase this man MUST be charged for somethign!
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by UdekeJ(m): 10:37am On Oct 24, 2012
grin i know it will surely happen? Aboki senator he has blabbed
Re: Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert by Dee60: 10:37am On Oct 24, 2012
Nigeria has a failed political class. Period! We cant beat them and we cant join them. Whither Nigeria?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Udom Of Akwa Ibom Distributes Kerosene To Mark Democracy Day / Osinbajo: Nigeria Now Earns More Money From Non-Oil Exports / President Vladimir Putin Rebukes U.S. For Abandoning God And Christian Value

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.