Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? (7118 Views)

Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? / OPINION: Do human beings Die OR Its Only the Flesh Dat Dies ?? / Why Do We Humans Die, Why Cant We Live Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 24, 2012
Was man originally created to live & die or live forever? Since the Bible says death entered the world through sin; does it mean then that if Adam hadn't sinned, he would have lived forever? Don't you think the world would have been over populated?

Nairalanders, I need your inputs on this. Thanks
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 25, 2012
^^^What would the world be like today (without sin), since sin leads to death? Would we have live here on earth forever
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by k2039: 11:53am On Oct 25, 2012
Earth will keep expanding
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2012
i am not the smartest tool in the box but i dont think that refers to physical death. spiritual death, which is being cut off from the lord
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 25, 2012
k2039: Earth will keep expanding

Funny! How have you been? It's been a while. I hail you bro
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2012
obadiah777: i am not the smartest tool in the box but i dont think that refers to physical death. spiritual death, which is being cut off from the lord

So, do you mean we would have still experienced physical death if Adam hadn't committed original sin Well, I agree with you!

I created this thread because I have seen people on Nairaland interpreting Romans 6:23 as physical death!

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by ijawkid(m): 12:48pm On Oct 25, 2012
If adam and eve had not sinned the argument of the immortality of the soul and hell fire would not exist.....lol...

1 Like

Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
seriallink:

So, do you mean we would have still experienced physical death if Adam hadn't committed original sin Well, I agree with you!

I created this thread because I have seen people on Nairaland interpreting Romans 6:23 as physical death!

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
NOTHING LIVES FOREVER. WE WOULD NOT HAVE DIED AS YOUNG AS WE DO NOW BUT WE WOULD HAVE DIED EVENTUALLY. ALL FLESH IS MORTAL. EVEN IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN PEOPLE WILL LIVE TO BE AS OLD AS TREES ( AS SCRIPTURE PUTS IT ) AND THEN DIE PHYSICALLY
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2012
ijawkid: If adam and eve had not sinned the argument of the immortality of the soul and hell fire would not exist.....lol...
LOL VERY TRUE. WE WILL BE ILLUMINATED AND ENLIGHTENED AND HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2012
obadiah777: NOTHING LIVES FOREVER. WE WOULD NOT HAVE DIED AS YOUNG AS WE DO NOW BUT WE WOULD HAVE DIED EVENTUALLY. ALL FLESH IS MORTAL. EVEN IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN PEOPLE WILL LIVE TO BE AS OLD AS TREES ( AS SCRIPTURE PUTS IT ) AND THEN DIE PHYSICALLY

Even in the Kingdom of Heaven, there would be physical death?
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by advocate666: 1:10pm On Oct 25, 2012
The homo erectus will still be chasing the dinosaurs around.
Thank you Adam.
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 25, 2012
seriallink:

OF COURSE LOL. BUT NOT IN YOUNG AGE LIKE NOW. SCRIPTURE SAYS IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN WE WILL LIVE TO BE AS OLD AS TREES
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 25, 2012
advocate666: The homo erectus will still be chasing the dinosaurs around.
Thank you Adam.

Hahahah funny! The same knowledge that Adam chose to acquire without God's permission is what is threathening the future of humanity!
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 25, 2012
obadiah777: OF COURSE LOL. BUT NOT IN YOUNG AGE LIKE NOW. SCRIPTURE SAYS IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN WE WILL LIVE TO BE AS OLD AS TREES

Care to quote scripture about that?
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
seriallink:

Care to quote scripture about that?
ISAIAH 65 STARTING FROM VERSE 17 "Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth -- so wonderful that no one will even think about the old ones anymore. 18 Be glad; rejoice forever in my creation! And look! I will create Jerusalem as a place of happiness. Her people will be a source of joy. 19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem and delight in my people. And the sound of weeping and crying will be heard no more. 20 "No longer will babies die when only a few days old. No longer will adults die before they have lived a full life. No longer will people be considered old at one hundred! Only sinners will die that young! 21 In those days, people will live in the houses they build and eat the fruit of their own vineyards. 22 It will not be like the past, when invaders took the houses and confiscated the vineyards. For my people will live as long as trees and will have time to enjoy their hard-won gains.

1 Like

Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by advocate666: 1:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
obadiah777: ISAIAH 65 STARTING FROM VERSE 17 "Look! I am creating [b]new heavens and a new earth -- so wonderful that no one will even think about the old ones anymore. 18 Be glad; rejoice forever in my creation! And look! I will create Jerusalem as a place of happiness. Her people will be a source of joy. 19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem and delight in my people. And the sound of weeping and crying will be heard no more. 20 "No longer will babies die when only a few days old. No longer will adults die before they have lived a full life. No longer will people be considered old at one hundred! Only sinners will die that young! 21 In those days, people will live in the houses they build and eat the fruit of their own vineyards. 22 It will not be like the past, when invaders took the houses and confiscated the vineyards. For my people will live as long as trees and will have time to enjoy their hard-won gains.[/b]

So there are many heavens. New and second hand. hehehe. The mormons were right after all.
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 25, 2012
advocate666:

So there are many heavens. New and second hand. hehehe. The mormons were right after all.

HEAVENS = RULERSHIP. NOT PHYSICAL PLACE. YOU NEED A DICTIONARY OF BIBLICAL WORDS MEANING.
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 25, 2012
obadiah777: HEAVENS = RULERSHIP. NOT PHYSICAL PLACE. YOU NEED A DICTIONARY OF BIBLICAL WORDS MEANING.

What do you call they abode of God then?
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Truthabounds: 2:00pm On Oct 25, 2012
It was the Creator’s original purpose, and it still is his purpose, that obedient humans enjoy never-aging life, ever overflowing with youthful vigour, free from all boredom, always having a worthy purpose to fulfill, a life of loving and being loved in a true, unselfish way, perfectly—in a paradise!—Genesis 2:8;
“And Jehovah God proceeded to take the man and settle him in the Garden of Eden to cultivate it and to take care of it. And Jehovah God also laid this command upon the man: ‘From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die.’”—Genesis 2:15-17.
Everlasting life in the Paradise Garden of Eden was set before Adam! It could be eternally enjoyed, provided that he stayed perfectly obedient to his Creator, never eating fruit that was forbidden by the Creator of man. It was His desire that the perfect man remain obedient and keep living everlastingly. The forbidding of the fruit of “the tree of the knowledge of good and bad” was nothing death-dealing. It was merely a test of man’s perfect obedience to his Father. It provided an opportunity for the man to prove his love for God, his Creator.
God’s response to the sin of Adam and Eve is revealing. He did not try to correct some ‘design flaw’ in their genes. Rather, he carried out what he told them would be the consequences of their actions, which led to their eventual death.
Under the influence of a rebellious spirit creature, Eve started the movement that resulted in death to mankind, and Adam, her perfect husband, chose to join her in that death-dealing course. Thus, as the giver of natural life to succeeding generations of humankind, Adam was really the one that introduced the operation of death into the entire human family. So it is that the Bible states: “Through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned.” (Romans 5:12) It was after Adam and Eve had fallen into sin that they began to add new members to the human family.
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 25, 2012
seriallink:

What do you call they abode of God then?
HEAVEN.

THERE ARE 3 HEAVENS
1-THE ABODE OF GOD
2-RULERSHIP ON EARTH
3-THE SETTING OF THE HUMAN SPIRIT FOR THOSE WHO WILL BE SELECTED TO INHERIT THE EARTH.

SO THE AIM HERE AND THE REASON FOR THIS WHOLE EARTHLY SUFFERING AND PAIN AND TRIBULATION IS TO UNITE 2 WITH 3. THATS WHEN THE KINGDOM OF GOD WILL BE ON EARTH
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by k2039: 2:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
seriallink:

Funny! How have you been? It's been a while. I hail you bro

I'm good as usual,and you,I'm sure you've been having fun.

1 Like

Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2012
^^Yeah man, thanks.
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 04, 2012
bump
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by advocate666: 11:18am On Dec 04, 2012
obadiah777: i am not the smartest tool in the box

You can say that again.

1 Like

Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by truthislight: 1:12pm On Dec 04, 2012
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2012
truthislight:

that is there cup of tea.

The aim of the bible is to restore back the paradise that Adam lost in the garden of eden and not some fun game thing.

When that is met we have the time of Yahweh's throne coming back to the earth in Revelation 21:1-4
the first thing that will be remove is death.

"and death will be no more"

Roman 6:23 is talking about literal death.

People have twisted the message of the bible and redirected attention to prosperity instead of God's kingdom that christ had asked his followers to pray for and that was what christ preached about.

All the bible is talking about is how man lost his original position and the arrangement God has put in place to restor it through the massaiah.

The other part is the process of bringing forth the massaiah through the nation of Israel.

Using a unique nation narrowed satan's interference, hence the laws to drive away spirit medium that satan can use to make in roads to shatter his plans.

All other nation were under the control of satan since Yahweh had abandon Adam(human) at eden.

But through a nation that he founded that were his and worshiped him, he ensured that they remain clean undefiled by satan, he then used them to produce the massaiah.

The massaiah then shows the bigger picture of Yahweh's plans = all mankind have an option to access him and be given eternal life.

If people say it is all "a spiritual symbolic" thing and not literal, they are serving a different purpose.

The kingdom of God is a literal government.
Daniel 2:44 and matthew 6:9,10 and Revelation 21:1-4

The Death in question that will be removed is the greatest plaque that has ever plaqued man and man has no answer to it not even satan, and that is exactly what Yahweh himself wants to fixe.

That was why Jesus demonstrated all he will do while he was on earth.
Peace.

I think your explanation is based on Yahweh's reign which would be after Christ's 1000 yrs righteous reign on Earth; ofcourse, death would be automatically defeated and Yahweh would live on Earth with humans forever (Revelation 21:3). However, I doubt if that is applicable during Christ 1000 yrs righteous reign as referenced in Isaiah 65:20 & v22. The 1000 yrs reign would be like restoration of the Garden of Eden.

Isaiah 65:17-23:

20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

Back to the issue of 'death' as mentioned in Genesis 2:17 & Romans 6:23. If you say the 'death' in those verses is literal or the physical death we are facing now, it will mean then that any sinner who dies young or maybe in a violent manner (Like in the case of Sodom and Gomorrah) wouldn't be judged after resurrection because they've paid for their sins, no? Are you saying the people who died in Sodom and Gomorrah wouldn't be judged after resurrection because they've already paid for their sins for dying violently?

I'm strongly convinced that the warnings for the wages of sin as referenced in Genesis 2:17 & Romans 6:23 is 'spiritual death', ie 'second death' which would be after resurrection and judgement before Yahweh takes over and rule forever!
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 04, 2012
advocate666:

You can say that again.
grin
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by truthislight: 3:31pm On Dec 04, 2012
obadiah777: NOTHING LIVES FOREVER. WE WOULD NOT HAVE DIED AS YOUNG AS WE DO NOW BUT WE WOULD HAVE DIED EVENTUALLY. ALL FLESH IS MORTAL. EVEN IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN PEOPLE WILL LIVE TO BE AS OLD AS TREES ( AS SCRIPTURE PUTS IT ) AND THEN DIE PHYSICALLY

seriallink:

my brother, some kind of people are not suppose to come near the bible.

I wander why jesus continued living from the time of Abraham till he came to earth?

"befor Abraham i was" said Jesus.
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by truthislight: 3:31pm On Dec 04, 2012
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 04, 2012
truthislight:

my brother, some kind of people are not suppose to come near the bible.

I wander why jesus continued living from the time of Abraham till he came to earth?

"befor Abraham i was" said Jesus.

YOU DO ERR TRUTHISLIGHT. THE MAN IS HIS SPIRIT NOT HIS BODY. HIS BODY IS JUST DUST ( JOHN 6 VS 63 ). WHEN THE BIBLE REFERS TO ETERNAL LIFE, IT IS NOT TALKING ABOUT THE BODY. IT IS TALKING ABOUT THE SPIRIT. NO HUMAN BODY IS MADE TO LIVE FOREVER. SAYS IN THE BOOK OF ISAIAH THAT IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN WE WILL LIVE TO BE AS OLD AS TREES BEFORE WE PASS ON. PHYSICAL FLESH IS NOT MADE TO BE IMMORTAL. THE SPIRIT IS grin YOU AND SERIALLINK JUST WAN LIVE FOREVER SHA. UNA TOO ENJOY SUYA AND PEPPERSOUP. UNA NO WAN LET GO. HOWEVER WE WILL LIVE TO 1000 IN THE KINGDOM ( METHUSELAHS AGE RANGE IS THE ORIGINAL AGE RANGE OF MAN BEFORE IT GOT CUT DOWN TO 120 YEARS ( GENESIS 6 VS 3 ) BECAUSE OF SIN

1 Like

Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by truthislight: 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2012
obadiah777: OF COURSE LOL. BUT NOT IN YOUNG AGE LIKE NOW. SCRIPTURE SAYS IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN WE WILL LIVE TO BE AS OLD AS TREES

so when trees are old they develop gray hairs?

Have you ever seen trees planted by streams of water or river side?

If you do, you will know that they renew themself.

Even when you do cut them down they rejuvenet and can start growing by the root of by the side of the stem or any visible means.

Some trees will destroy their stem and start growing afresh from their root.

Do you use cement to fill your skin when you do have a cut or your body regenerate itself and grow new skin to fill the cut?

The answer is obvious that the body regenerates itself, but this process of self renewal simply does stop, why?

If we had been like the trees planted by the river side with the necessary supply of resources(enough water) the process would not have stopped.

Yea! The source of life abandoned Adam (disconnected from Adam) in the garden of Eden.

Like an electric fan disconnected from a power supply, it only continue with the initial momentum and grind to a halt.

Yea, that is exactly what it takes to gives them eternal life, reconnection to the source of power.
Revelation 21:1-4

^^^

it only take the "throne of God to come down from heaven, the new Jeruselam".

"And God will be with man and he will be their God and we will be his people"

and then : verse 4 "death will be no more"

simply reconnection to God and there will be no more death.

The exact opposite of what happened in eden is what it takes to stop man from dying.

God and man reconnected together like it was between Adam and Yahweh.

So, had Adam not disobeyed, he would have remained connected to the source of life = Yahweh.

This whole process of christ coming is to get man connected back to the source of life, when that is done, then "death will be no more".

That is why the bible says that the last enemy death will be destroyed forever. Cor 15:
Re: Was Man Originally Created To Live & Die Or Live Forever? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2012
truthislight:

so when trees are old they develop gray hairs?

Have you ever seen trees planted by streams of water or river side?

If you do, you will know that they renew themself.

Even when you do cut them down they rejuvenet and can start growing by the root of by the side of the stem or any visible means.

Some trees will destroy their stem and start growing afresh from their root.

Do you use cement to fill your skin when you do have a cut or your body regenerate itself and grow new skin to fill the cut?

The answer is obvious that the body regenerates itself, but this process of self renewal simply does stop, why?

If we had been like the trees planted by the river side with the necessary supply of resources(enough water) the process would not have stopped.

Yea! The source of life abandoned Adam (disconnected from Adam) in the garden of Eden.

Like an electric fan disconnected from a power supply, it only continue with the initial momentum and grind to a halt.

Yea, that is exactly what it takes to gives them eternal life, reconnection to the source of power.

^^^

it only take the "throne of God to come down from heaven, the new Jeruselam".

"And God will be with man and he will be their God and we will be his people"

and then : verse 4 "death will be no more"

simply reconnection to God and there will be no more death.

The exact opposite of what happened in eden is what it takes to stop man from dying.

God and man reconnected together like it was between Adam and Yahweh.

So, had Adam not disobeyed, he would have remained connected to the source of life = Yahweh.

This whole process of christ coming is to get man connected back to the source of life, when that is done, then "death will be no more".

That is why the bible says that the last enemy death will be destroyed forever. Cor 15:
THE BOLDED PART IS A SYMBOLIC STATEMENT MEANING WE WILL LIVE VERY LONG LIVES. THE AVERAGE AGE OF A TREE IS ABOUT 1000 YEARS

DEATH WILL BE THE LAST ENEMY CONQUERED. YES SPIRITUAL DEATH. WHY IS THEIR SPIRITUAL DEATH ? LACK OF FAITH. WHEN CHRIST RETURNS TO RULE ON EARTH THERE WILL BE NO NEED FOR FAITH ANYMORE SO SPIRITUAL DEATH WILL BE CONQUERED.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Decades Of Sexual Abuse In The Catholic Church. / Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? / Favourite Psalm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.