Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death (20553 Views)

Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / Checkout This Homework Given To A 5-Year-Old Pupil (Photo) / Teacher In Lagos Forces Her Pupil To Brush Teeth With Sand As Punishment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by valuka(m): 7:41am On Oct 24, 2012
A 12-year-old pupil of a secondary school in Awka, Anambra State, Miss Chidimma Ukachukwu, has died after she was allegedly flogged by her teacher for failing to do her homework.

A reliable source in the school told the News Agency of Nigeria in Awka on Tuesday that the girl died on Thursday last week after she was flogged.

The source explained that the girl fainted after being flogged severally by a female teacher and was subsequently rushed to an undisclosed hospital, where she died.

The source also told NAN that the Commissioner for Education, Mrs. Uju Okeke, then ordered the closure of the school as a result of the incident.

A NAN correspondent, who visited the girl’s family home, soon after she was buried on Tuesday in Awka, reports that the family was in grief.

The girl’s father, Mr. Simeon Ukachukwu, confirmed the incident, saying it was a sad development. He added that it was an act of God.

But when Okeke was contacted, she denied ordering the closure of the school and said that the school was on midterm break.

NAN investigation, however, revealed that schools in the state were not on midterm break.

This fact was corroborated by an official of the Nigerian Union of Teachers in Akwa South Local Government Area.

The Chairperson of the union in the local government, Miss Buife Ndigwe, told NAN that primary and secondary schools in the state would go on midterm break next week.

When contacted, the Public Relations Officer of the state police command, Mr. Ralph Uzoigwe, said that the matter had not been reported to the police, but promised that it would be investigated

source;
http://www.punchng.com/news/teacher-flogs-12-year-old-pupil-to-death/

1 Like

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by collins123(m): 9:09am On Oct 24, 2012
The first and only post have been hidden!

1 Like

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by ZURYZEST(m): 9:10am On Oct 24, 2012
must we flog kids for every thing they do, cant we talk to them on the issues that concerns them, i believe they all have ears and heart to understand words of wisdom, now that the child is dead,is the teacher happy, MAY THE CHILD SOUL REST IN PEACE

4 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by 1shortblackboy: 9:11am On Oct 24, 2012
Hian this 1 wey d 1st post was hidden wetin happen

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by yemi2plus(m): 9:13am On Oct 24, 2012
Give dat teacher d kind of beatN dat d aluu4 recieve

1 Like

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by moderatorr: 9:15am On Oct 24, 2012
If flogging kills, i would have been dead since.
I schooled in the seminary.
It was no toy gun play.
------
Twin twisted 2.5mm copper wires exposed at the tip for maximum pleasure.
Tearing your skin through your shirt.
Like days of Jesus, your own blood shows the foot prints of the cable.
The strokes are nearing 50 now and you haven't moved an inch.

One more stroke lands where the last 3 has landed, the pain digs deeper.
You look your formator in his eyes, he smiles back "you said you are sick? this cane will heal you!"
Whip! Whip! Whip! you smile back with your head bowed, but the tears pull through.
You arent crying, all the other students are watching you and waiting patiently for their turn.

Someone had made a comment in class while the teacher was teaching and no one wanted to point out the person.
So the whole class is being punished.

You are standing in the middle of a two feet diameter circle, drawn by your torturer.
If you danced out of the circle, he will cancel all the strokes he had given you and start afresh.
Such is the horror, such is the pain, you have seen and felt it many times before so you aren't even dancing.
You are standing still like a tree, and displaying your art of self separation from pain.
If you throw a punch back, you will be rusticated from school.
You can, but you wont. You are smiling.
Not that you dont feel the pain, but your smile makes it ineffective.
Whip! Whip! Whip! Blood! Blood!
You would need a new shirt after this shit.
If you schooled in the seminary, you would have passed through this too.
Nigger You will be introverted.
BAN FLOGGING IN THE SEMINARY!

24 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by AdetoroBukola: 9:16am On Oct 24, 2012
I dont think d girl died as a result of flogx may be d girl is an ogbanje.This will serve as lesson for some teacher who knows ao 2 overbeat.

4 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by sylve11: 9:17am On Oct 24, 2012
Get the teacher and the principal arrested first before anyother. cool

1 Like

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 24, 2012
Adetoro Bukola: I dont think d girl died as a result of flogx may be d girl is an ogbanje.This will serve as lesson for some teacher who knows ao 2 overbeat.
how do you know she is an ogbanje? Una go open mouth dey talk anyhow! I think flogging should be outrightly banned from schools.there are other punishments which can be given to pupils/students and not flogging! We are in the 21st century for crying out loud! If I can't flog my child,then why should someone else do that because he/she wants to discipline my child? Walahi,God will punish anyone who dares lay a cane on my child!!

18 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by ghazzal: 9:23am On Oct 24, 2012
great its not in the north, comments for differ......... smh
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Okijajuju1(m): 9:25am On Oct 24, 2012
Flogging doesnt kill..

She probably had some other illness that the flogging aggravated..

4 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by onyeego(m): 9:25am On Oct 24, 2012
moderatorr: If flogging kills, i would have been dead since.
I schooled in the seminary.
It was no toy gun play.
That's d most senseless thing I've heard in a while.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by buchibabe: 9:26am On Oct 24, 2012
Hmmmm! Dis teacher don hear am.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by alacrity007: 9:28am On Oct 24, 2012
Did she floged her with something different? i wonder weather she use metalic object??
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by slimyem: 9:31am On Oct 24, 2012
I do not think the flogging is the cause of death in this case..
...the flogging probably triggered something else off!
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Okijajuju1(m): 9:33am On Oct 24, 2012
slimyem: I do not think the flogging is the cause of death in this case..
...the flogging probably triggered something else off!

Stop echoing me!! angry

4 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by dnawah(m): 9:34am On Oct 24, 2012
The teacher of the year 2012.this is how they suffer to bring up presidents,governors,docs,engrs,but never recognise in the society.i blame her parents.good parents alway make sure that they children do they home work and go visit the school to no how they children r doing.teachers are not our enemies.

3 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Odunnu: 9:35am On Oct 24, 2012
Kept flogging her till she fainted! shocked
teacher is so mean!
Who says flogging cant kill? Well, it just did.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by yemi2plus(m): 9:35am On Oct 24, 2012
berem: how do you know she is an ogbanje? Una go open mouth dey talk anyhow! I think flogging should be outrightly banned from schools.there are other punishments which can be given to pupils/students and not flogging! We are in the 21st century for crying out loud! If I can't flog my child,then why should someone else do that because he/she wants to discipline my child? Walahi,God will punish anyone who dares lay a cane on my child!!
mumu na u b o...dem nor flog u ni?

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by heluti(f): 9:39am On Oct 24, 2012
Some teachers act as if they are mini gods wen a cane is in their hands.Jst last week, i had to personally warn a teacher in my daughter's school who hit her on the head with a stick. I also think flogging shld be banned outrightly in schools.

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Okijajuju1(m): 9:39am On Oct 24, 2012
Odunnu: Kept flogging her till she fainted! shocked
teacher is so mean!
Who says flogging cant kill? Well, it just did.

In secondary school, before my very eyes, My Aunty (A teacher) was having an arguement with another teacher, who was angry with her for leaving the class she (My aunty) was supposed to be invigilating (J.S.S 2) to me (An S.S 3 Senior) to handle while she quickly attended to someone in the staff room.

Nne, they didnt even touch each other, my aunty collapsed unto the floor, and died upon arrival at the clinic..

I guess we can add quarrel to list of killer activities..
angry

3 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by 5alive(m): 9:40am On Oct 24, 2012
1 shortblackboy: Hian this 1 wey d 1st post was hidden wetin happen
the followin post shal be hidden as soon as we notice:
1) GARRI posts
2) FIRST TO COMMENT posts.
Pls be warned.
Signed by nairaland MODs

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Okijajuju1(m): 9:41am On Oct 24, 2012
5alive:
the followin post shal be hidden as soon as we notice:
1) GARRI posts
2) FIRST TO COMMENT posts.
Pls be warned.
Signed by nairaland MODs

What of ***This space is for sale*** posts?!

3 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by albacete(m): 9:45am On Oct 24, 2012
Reminds me of one Aunty Edith in my primary school days.

One hell of a flogger, i must say. I think she has a Ph.D in "Disciplinary Science".

#still wondering what was in that first post that was hidden.#
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 24, 2012
A post mortem should be conducted on the body to determine the actual cause of death.

This should be done before any serious action should be taken against the teacher and the school.

4 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by deletrue: 10:04am On Oct 24, 2012
well life these days is opened to many things. Some, no human can explain, while others can be xplained. My second son who has finished his short service would have died if flogging kills. I flogged him in those days because he was stubborn. yes, the young man really faced what is known as flogging.But that was in those good hey days not now. i thing something may have happened to the girl. May her soul rest in peace
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Sijo01(f): 10:10am On Oct 24, 2012
Gosh! This story brought back old memories...... Rememberd when i was in pry 3. A teacher flogged me for bringing a baby toy to the class and i lost one of my teeth..... Some teachers can be so mean it it comes to flogging their pupil/student.

RIP, liru girl.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by free2ryhme: 10:15am On Oct 24, 2012
de teacher played into the hands of the devil killing the child
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by redsun(m): 10:15am On Oct 24, 2012
Some miscreats here were blaming the oba of benin recently for wanting to teach a lesson to the animal, called teacher that flog his grand daughter.

Is there any surprise why nigeria is grooming zombies as educated?No,because the teachers themselves are zombies.Most of them are not capable of training dogs,talkless of children that are expected to grow up and reason

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by redsun(m): 10:16am On Oct 24, 2012
Some miscreants here were blaming the oba of benin recently for wanting to teach a lesson to the animal called teacher that flog his grand daughter.

Is there any surprise why nigeria is grooming zombies as educated?No,because the teachers themselves are zombies.Most of them are not capable of training dogs,talkless of children that are expected to grow up and reason.
Re: Teacher Flogs 12-year-old Pupil To Death by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 24, 2012
Sijo01: Gosh! This story brought back old memories...... Rememberd when i was in pry 3. A teacher flogged me for bringing a baby toy to the class and i lost one of my teeth..... Some teachers can be so mean it it comes to flogging their pupil/student.

RIP, liru girl.
shocked

Teacher flogged your Bum-bum and you lost one of your teeth, Nairaland!!!shockedshockedshocked

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download Mathematics And Statistics Project Topics And Materials / Student Expelled From Unibadan For Insulting VC, To Appeal In 14 Days. / Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.