Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music (7667 Views)

Nigerian Hit Music Videos You Will Never See On Trace Urban / Blogger Replies Trace Urban, Mocks Loyal Nigerian Artistes. / Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by TheBuzz: 10:23pm On Oct 24, 2012
TRACE URBAN responds to the article ‘TRACE Urban, MTV Base’s And South Africa’s Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music’ by Stanley Nwabia

TRACE URBAN’S PRESS STATEMENT

“TRACE Urban has been put under pressure to promote their African host country’s music”, meaning South Africa. In response to the above claims, TRACE would like to make several statements:

- TRACE Urban receives videos from all urban artists. We request videos to be submitted in a preferred format which is soft copy. Videos are selected on a number of criteria, including the popularity of the artist and song, the quality of the production, but never the nationality of the artist. There are no quotas at TRACE Urban and no pressure to promote any country more than another one.

- In response to the journalist’s claim that “the popular Africa 10 Show on TRACE Urban is bombarded mainly with South African music”, we respond that TRACE Urban’s AFRICA 10 is dominated by top Nigerian and South African but also Angolan, Mozambican, Ghanaian and Kenyan tracks. It is industry knowledge that in the English speaking part of Africa, the dominant music industries are Nigeria and South Africa. Many Nigerian tracks have made it to number 1 and remained there for several weeks, such as, for example, D’Banj “Olivier Twist”; Naeto C “5 and 6″; Flavour “Nwa Baby”; J Martins ft Cabo Snoop “Good tym”; Mo Cheddah “See Me”; Ice Prince ft Gyptian “Magician remix”; Davido “DamiDuro”; P Square “Beautiful Onyinye” and the likes from East Africa Camp Mulla “Party Don’t Stop.

- The article claims that “TRACE Urban has just introduced a new one hour show called BEST OF SA HIP HOP, showing on Saturdays and Sundays. One hour of non-stop South African music, nothing on Nigeria”. This is not true. ‘The BEST OF SA HIP HOP’ was a one off FOCUS on the best Hip-Hop artists & songs South Africa has to offer. We have featured top Nigerian artists in the past on our most popular programmes, FOCUS and GUEST STAR, such as D Banj& P Square and TRACE Urban is busy preparing a ‘Best of Naija Hip Hop’ that will be aired soon.

- South Africa is not TRACE’s host country. TRACE’s host country is the world of music and talents. TRACE has operation in 180 countries and TRACE Urban is ranked #1 music channel in over 60 countries. TRACE has only one headquarter in Paris, France. TRACE opened an office in Lagos 18 months ago with a Nigerian partner and has just opened an office last month in Johannesburg, South Africa.

-There is no non-Nigerian staff who works at the TRACE office in Lagos. The writer was here referring to the TRACE Nigeria M.D – Mr Sam Onyemelukwe – who is of mixed raced and who clearly states that he has never made such a statement to anyone. TRACE has always promoted diversity and is proud to have staff from 40 different citizenships. Talent, expertise, passion, professionalism, dedication are the qualities TRACE is looking for. Race will never be a criterion to employ people at TRACE.

- Finally, TRACE did not receive any request for an interview from the writer and would be glad to explain to him our accurate process of choosing videos that air on the channel. TRACE is dedicated to promoting Premium African content to the world, without favoring any nationality. Since its launch 9 years ago, TRACE has been the most effective and efficient tool to promote Nigerian music all over the world, first in the rest of Africa and then in the USA, in Europe etc. Some Nigerian artists have been exposed to tens of millions of TRACE viewers globally and this exposure has dramatically changed and accelerated their careers. There is not one club or urban radio in France, in RDC, Senegal, Cameroon, South Africa, Germany, UK, the USA that is not playing one or more Nigerian tracks and TRACE has played a key role for this promotion and recognition. No other music channel in the world has given so much exposure to Nigerian artists outside Nigeria.”

Read below the reactions of Nigerian artists to Mr Stanley Nwabia’s “article”. They speak for themselves.

“The article contradicts itself, even a blind man can watch TRACE and feel the impact it has made for the growth of Nigerian music across the continent”- FLAVOUR

“I've achieved a lot this year and TRACE Urban have had a lot to do with that. They were a Media Partners at my Album launch concert earlier this year and have been very supportive in premiering and rotating my music videos. For all that I'm extremely grateful” - DAVIDO

“Since TRACE Urban was made accessible to us via the Lagos office, it has made Nigeria the center of quality for other African countries. I strongly disagree with the credibility of that article” -IYANYA

“Before now, TRACE was only another channel on Satellite TV but now its opened up the world to us and exposed us to the world. Need not say more cause it’s a visible change” - TIWASAVAGE

“TRACE Urban has sold Nigerian music to the world via numerous channels not limiting us to only Africa and we say this because we are a part of this movement” - PSQUARE

To read TRACE Urban’s CRITERIA FOR VIDEO SELECTION, please click this HERE

http://africamusiclaw.com/2012/10/trace-urban-sets-the-record-straight-on-alleged-conspiracy-against-nigerias-music-industry.html
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by semid4lyfe(m): 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2012
TRACE Urban, MTV Base’s And South Africa’s Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music By Stanley Nwabia

https://www.nairaland.com/1083925/trace-urban-denies-conspiracy-against
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
Noted!
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by Kemy11(m): 7:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
Na una sabi
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
So wetin make we do now? Shey make we go national assembly go protest ni?
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by pastormustwacc: 7:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
THIS POST WAS HIDDEN
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by akorlade(m): 7:22pm On Oct 25, 2012
Abeg how much be M I cd?
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by acidtalk: 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2012
Who is complaining?
You people haven't seen nothing yet.
All over the world, Nigerians are known the be the biggest critic of his fellow citizen.

We derive pleasure in not promoting ours, criticizing ours as well as doing everything possible to allow a foreign nationale shine over ours.

What have we done to support the likes of Soundcity and Niajizee? NOTHING!!!

We were all excited when HiTV went underground, paving the way for Multichoice (DSTV) to monopolize the entire PayTV market.

While South Africans are supporting the likes of Channel O, Trace and others, we are here distamcing ourselves from Soundcity and the rest.

Imagine Nigerians wanting to kill themselves to win a South African based awards like Kora. Whereas those people don't give a hoot about any of our so called awards.

The saying "united we stand and Divided we fall" we forever have an impact of a Nations success or failure.

13 Likes

Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by salam001(m): 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
Trace urban,there is certainly no need to deny,because i am now obsessed with soundcity and Kennis #PROUDLY 9JA#
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by DrGboy(m): 7:33pm On Oct 25, 2012
How those trace urban conspiracy affect the price of garri in mushin? undecided
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by democrazyslogan: 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
And then? Trace kini? abegi solve ur own problem nwabia
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by Mankind8(m): 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2012
Na so
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2012
Trace urban play only few Nigeria artist tracks like Davido, Psquare, D'banj, Nateo C e.t.c
we have soundcity and Nigezie abeg
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2012
Na dem sabi after all dis news no stop de price of garri 4rm rising
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by realsammie(m): 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2012
so why worry about TRACE when we have our own naija made music channels like SOUNDCITY, NAIJAZEE.etc.
We all know that anything from south africa does not and will never favour Nigeria.
South africa is just jealous that Nigeria is far far ahead when it comes to ENTERTAINMENT abi dey think say na only RUGBY be entertainment...metcheeeew
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by Cleanman(m): 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2012
abeg shey Nwabia no get work ni?....bt need i say it that TRACE is not southafrican !
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by tissot84: 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
hmmm u peeps dnt need to make noise. time will tell. like 3years ago i never watched trace for more than 20minutes becos they hardly play Nigerian music. so if i notice they are back to same old way then i can always ignore 325 and watch my 327 like i always do.
I notice that Afro Music Pop channel (326) was always playing Nigerian musics for like the past 4 months but they have reduced it since the rumor was out.

TO EVERY RUMOR THERE IS AN ELEMENT OF TRUTH
TRACE URBAN WE ARE OBSERVING IF IT IS TRUE THEN .............

1 Like

Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by Ignatio(m): 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2012
At least the article rattled them.
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ok Trace Urban..we have heard. Next!
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by Beetwo(m): 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2012
sometin tells me dat dis is a cover up story,but d truth is dat we still nid dem, both Mtv base and trace 2 help us promote our artist 2 d world because of their wider coverage. how many people hav access 2 niggizie, soundcity or kennis music in nyc, doha, france, bombay or in cape town? all dis are stations are mostly 4 nigerians and west africans.
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by Itoroetti(m): 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2012
When Nigerians start appreciating Nigeria,then Nigeria will be great.
When Nigerians start taking their businesses serious,then Nigeria wil be d envy of other countries.
When Nigerian rises up and say enough is enough,then Nigeria shall be d best country.

1 Like

Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by Agimor(m): 9:18pm On Oct 25, 2012
acidtalk: Who is complaining?
All over the world, Nigerians are known the be the biggest critic of his fellow citizen.

We derive pleasure in not promoting ours, criticizing ours as well as doing everything possible to allow a foreign nationale shine over ours.

We were all excited when HiTV went underground, paving the way for Multichoice (DSTV) to monopolize the entire PayTV market.

While South Africans are supporting the likes of Channel O, Trace and others, we are here distamcing ourselves from Soundcity and the rest.

Imagine Nigerians wanting to kill themselves to win a South African based awards like Kora. Whereas those people don't give a hoot about any of our so called awards.

The saying "united we stand and Divided we fall" we forever have an impact of a Nations success or failure.
You are on point.Nigerians are often being pessimistic about their follow citizens which shows know good impression about us.lets speaks, think good; to our fellow citizens.
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by naptu2: 9:26pm On Oct 25, 2012
Link to the original story:

Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music.
https://www.nairaland.com/1080264/mtv-base-trace-urban-conspire
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 25, 2012
Na wa o. Some people can be so myopic and self centered.
Do you really expect them to play nigerian music 24/7?
Are u so ignorant as to believe the world revolves around you?
Its only primitive minds that think like that.

I watch trace and I can boldly say that whenever they are playing african music, its usually nigerian.
Infact its only one non-nigerian song called ''la vida'' that I have heard them play.
What more do you want?
Can't you even appreciate the priviledges they have given you?

Gosh! So people can be so small minded and ungrateful?
Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by khukhi(f): 9:48pm On Oct 25, 2012
acidtalk: Who is complaining?

Why do certain individuals often make up stories about conspiracies against Nigeria, be it in sports, or the media or politics? Is it correct to say Nigerians are often dramatic, or it is a few individuals ?.
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by khukhi(f): 9:51pm On Oct 25, 2012
realsammie: so why worry about TRACE when we have our own naija made music channels like SOUNDCITY, NAIJAZEE.etc.
We all know that anything from south africa does not and will never favour Nigeria.
South africa is just jealous that Nigeria is far far ahead when it comes to ENTERTAINMENT abi dey think say na only RUGBY be entertainment...metcheeeew

gringringringrin
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
barefootbandit: Na wa o. Some people can be so myopic and self centered.

I watch trace and I can boldly say that whenever they are playing african music, its usually nigerian.
Infact its only one non-nigerian song called ''la vida'' that I have heard them play.
What more do you want?

Smh.
...You know what!!!...Just shut ur trap up!...
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 26, 2012
smackimorn: ...You know what!!!...Just shut ur trap up!...
You are the one that needs to shut up! Seriously, TRACE is an international channel that serve the whole world. You dont expect them to play Nigerian music 24/7. i watch that channel all the time, and Naija is fully represented. If u want to watch 9ja 24/7, check soundcity. Quit complaining and chill.
NB I wont be suprised if one the mofos in here come up with that annoying phrase that they simply dont know what it means as their reply to my post........ inferiority complex ......... Thats always the response they come up with when they got no argument
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by mkohagwu(m): 3:45am On Oct 26, 2012
“The article contradicts itself, even a blind man can watch TRACE and feel the impact it has made for the growth of Nigerian music across the continent”- FLAVOUR

“I've achieved a lot this year and TRACE Urban have had a lot to do with that. They were a Media Partners at my Album launch concert earlier this year and have been very supportive in premiering and rotating my music videos. For all that I'm extremely grateful” - DAVIDO

“Since TRACE Urban was made accessible to us via the Lagos office, it has made Nigeria the center of quality for other African countries. I strongly disagree with the credibility of that article” -IYANYA

“Before now, TRACE was only another channel on Satellite TV but now its opened up the world to us and exposed us to the world. Need not say more cause it’s a visible change” - TIWASAVAGE

“TRACE Urban has sold Nigerian music to the world via numerous channels not limiting us to only Africa and we say this because we are a part of this movement” - PSQUARE

Looks Fake
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by stupor(m): 3:58am On Oct 26, 2012
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by ROCKJ1(m): 4:20am On Oct 26, 2012
Itoroetti :
When Nigerians start appreciating Nigeria,then Nigeria will be great.
When Nigerians start taking their businesses serious,then Nigeria wil be d envy of other countries.
When Nigerian rises up and say enough is enough,then Nigeria shall be d best country.
this is the simple truth.
Re: Trace Urban Denies Conspiracy Against Nigerian Music by gentmint(m): 4:42am On Oct 26, 2012
barefootbandit: Na wa o. Some people can be so myopic and self centered.

What more do you want?

Smh.
on point,trace is a french channel BTW.and are not obliged to always show mostly naija music like soundcity and naijizee.if i want naija music i go to those,if i want music on a world platform i go to trace,and i can tell u they have helped put nigerian music to d world especially dis year,i think we all know they cant do better,cos they have music from other countries to play also.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mish - Every Woman Is Beautiful (official - Exclusive) / Looking For Where To Download Naija Mp3's{ nigerianmixtape.com} / New Music: The Mavins – Looku Looku (download MP3 )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.