Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere (19318 Views)

3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo / Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos / Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by Chyz2: 4:12am On Oct 25, 2012
[size=18pt]Mimiko’s victory, end of ACN in South-West – Afenifere[/size]

October 25, 2012 by Sunday Aborisade, Akure 15 Comments

•Ondo State Governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko (middle), his wife, Olukemi; and Deputy Chairman, Labour Party, Chief Dele Akinyele (second left) in the queue for their accreditation for the governorship election at Ward 7 , Ago-Itunu, in Ondo town
| credits:

Pan Yoruba social and political organisation, Afenifere, says the outcome of Saturday’s governorship election in Ondo State has signalled the end of the Action Congress of Nigeria in South-West.

The group said this in its letter to the winner of the poll, Governor Olusegun Mimiko.

The letter signed by Chief Reuben Fasoranti (Leader) and Chief Seinde Arogbofa (Security) reads in part, “Afenifere salutes Mr. Governor and wishes him well.”

The group said the outcome of the election had shown that Yoruba people were tired of the ACN and would “kick them out at the appropriate time”.

The letter added, “This victory, amongst other things, is victory over god-fatherism, a rejection of political imposition and slavery from outside the state and the people’s hope of a better deal to come.

“One or two of your predecessors have one way or the other broken the jinx of second term in office. But yours is unique and not associated with rancour or political upheaval. We appreciate God for you.”

The group advised Mimiko to justify the confidence reposed in him by the electorate “through aggressive attack on graduate and able-bodied joblessness, consolidation of social services to the people and the multiplication of same to those who are yet to benefit from the government largess”.

Afenifere added, “There is a need for the exhibition of fair play and justice to all and carry the banner of progressive politics into national politics now that the eclipse of the ACN is unavoidable.

“We entered into electoral cooperation with you (Mimiko) in the election for mutual respect in all ramifications for you to give better governance to our people, and for the creation of a forum for the emergence of a healthy third force to counter an emerging group under the leadership of few disrespectful, snobbish, arrogant, ravaging and power-thirsty politicians.

“In the march for progress and greater things to come, he should consider an all inclusive government to assist him in the governance of the state.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/mimikos-victory-end-of-acn-in-south-west-afenifere/

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by seanet01: 5:12am On Oct 25, 2012
Who choose him as Afenifere leader?Pa Ayo Fasanmi is the only authentic leader Afenifere have not ediot like this. I dey laugh o. Fasoranti that can never win election in his father's backyard. So this useless agbaya's still dey? Eyin baba ofo, eyin taye yin ti baje te omo.
Eni ku si ibi ti aso yin wa.

4 Likes

Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by PaulJohn1: 5:29am On Oct 25, 2012
If it's the end of ACN, should we be expecting PDP again?
We've tested both of them and it seems they're not so different from each other, but as for now ACN seem to be better off. I think the worst of the ACN governors is by far preferable to his predecessor in any of the S/West state plus Edo.

May be we take a look at these;
Oyo state was know for brutality and recklessness during the years of the ruling party. As at now, it's as peaceful as any of the S/West state
Here is a recent testimony
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/in-oyo-people-now-sleep-with-their-two-eyes-closed/

Osun State(my state) during the years of Oyinlola, looting got to it's apex.
A state having six world class stadium grin with N18.5 billion
Na only sport we dey do for Osun?
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/lead-stories/47605-i-took-n1838bn-in-the-interest-of-osun-state-oyinola-it-was-reckless-spending-aregbesola

Of recent, the former governor and United Bank for Africa(UBA) was investigated over the cooperation they had to rob this state
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/politics/47852-osun-politics-and-the-probe-of-a-loan-

Fayoshe of Ekiti state was the boss of thieves during his tenure. He was even once a fugitive.
With Fayemi the present governor, the state has been able to attract investors. It's like the base for Samsung workshop in Nigeria as at now
https://www.nairaland.com/1044619/samsung-establish-engineering-academy-ekiti

Lagos State which has ever been under AD, now ACN is not doing bad at all. The state every Nigerians in Nigeria love to be cheesy
She was just rated the most innovative city in Africa, followed by Cape Town in S/Africa. Thanks to Fashola
I thnk this is a great achievement.
https://www.nairaland.com/1083951/lagos-ranked-most-innovative-city

Osho baba of Edo is indisputably doing great in Edo.
The election that took place of recent confirmed this, with great victory margin. The Oba of Benin himself had no option than to give it to this man.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/the-rebirth-of-edo-state-and-its-malevolent-baptism/

With Amosun of Ogun state, life has been beter. Not the rivery like that of OBJ and gbenga Daniel on who's got power, while development in the state was left stagnant

Any of these governors might not be working up to expectation, but I can say they're a way better off than their predecessors.

As for Ondo, I don't see why ACN must win the state. Mimiko is not doing bad at all, that's why he was given a second term to rule by the great people of Ondo.
The main thing is progress and development in all ramification.
And the victory of LB in Ondo will help to put the ACN governors on their feet, it's really good for S/West. We don't want a party state region.

NB: I'm not laptop whatsoever of the ACN grin but a fellow that's saying the obvious truth seen.

37 Likes

Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by garrigangster: 5:43am On Oct 25, 2012
seanet01: Who choose him as Afenifere leader?Pa Ayo Fasanmi is the only authentic leader Afenifere have not ediot like this. I dey laugh o. Fasoranti that can never win election in his father's backyard. So this useless agbaya's still dey? Eyin baba ofo, eyin taye yin ti baje te omo.
U call someone older than your father an 'eediot'? What goes around...

8 Likes

Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by velo10: 5:54am On Oct 25, 2012
I'm so glad that ACN lost in Ondo. If they won, there would have been an ACN political monopoly of the South-West. Thanks to Mimiko.

6 Likes

Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by PaulJohn1: 5:58am On Oct 25, 2012
velo10: I'm so glad that ACN lost in Ondo. If they won, there would have been an ACN political monopoly of the South-West. Thanks to Mimiko.

Correct. That shouldn't be allowed
Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by hollandis(f): 5:59am On Oct 25, 2012
Even if all south -west people disown and fails to vote ACN in the next election Mone state will stubbornly refuse to yield- Lagos ,they are used to bad roads,no security and traffic jam .there is a staggering gap between the rich and the poor in Lagos .Yet the same people will go and vote in ACN .the worst yorubas are the ones in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by dayokanu(m): 6:01am On Oct 25, 2012
These PDP mouthpiece have been rejected forever in SW politics

7 Likes

Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by PaulJohn1: 6:02am On Oct 25, 2012
hollandis: Even if all south -west people disown and fails to vote ACN in the next election Mone state will stubbornly refuse to yield- Lagos ,they are used to bad roads,no security and traffic jam .there is a staggering gap between the rich and the poor in Lagos .Yet the same people will go and vote in ACN .the worst yorubas are the ones in Lagos

Suggest a better party
PDP?!

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by ukpaku: 6:14am On Oct 25, 2012
hollandis: Even if all south -west people disown and fails to vote ACN in the next election Mone state will stubbornly refuse to yield- Lagos ,they are used to bad roads,no security and traffic jam .
na ac en tell pple make them rush go lagos go cause traffic ne abi u want make lagos be lake abia, benue, delta and some of the pdp lead state weo de stagnant n any thing no the move rather the gud things wen de b4 those gov.come de spoil 4 their hand

1 Like

Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by Aphrygian(m): 6:17am On Oct 25, 2012
These pdp scally wag will never learn.mimiko won not cos people hates ACN but mimiko is doing fine

9 Likes

Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by Tlake(m): 6:20am On Oct 25, 2012
I so luv ACN bt neva wanted dem 2 win dat ondo election cos it will only bring forth failure 2 deir party wen dey start feelin lik dey own SW,good governance his just starting on SW,u ll soon start seein competition of good governance cos all SW gov nw knws u do it gud u a anoda, u 4k up halele
m proud 2 be a yoruba all tanks to awolowo 4 his our education

9 Likes

Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by Tlake(m): 6:21am On Oct 25, 2012
I so luv ACN bt neva wanted dem 2 win dat ondo election cos it will only bring forth failure 2 deir party wen dey start feelin lik dey own SW,good governance his just starting on SW,u ll soon start seein competition of good governance cos all SW gov nw knws u do it gud u a anoda, u 4k up halele
m proud 2 be a yoruba all tanks to awolowo 4 his early free education

1 Like

Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by pheesayor(m): 6:21am On Oct 25, 2012
are there only Yorubas in Lagos? at least other tribes attempt to claim Lagos too on the basis of population cheesy
hollandis: Even if all south -west people disown and fails to vote ACN in the next election Mone state will stubbornly refuse to yield- Lagos ,they are used to bad roads,no security and traffic jam .there is a staggering gap between the rich and the poor in Lagos .Yet the same people will go and vote in ACN .the worst yorubas are the ones in Lagos
Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by PaulJohn1: 6:23am On Oct 25, 2012
Aphrygian: These pdp scally wag will never learn. mimiko won not cos people hates ACN but mimiko is doing fine

Gbam, case closed.
Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by leunammian: 6:25am On Oct 25, 2012
The worst of CAN is better than d best of PDP. But, I happy for Mimiko led LP in Ondo State.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by PaulJohn1: 6:27am On Oct 25, 2012
Tlake: I so luv ACN bt neva wanted dem 2 win dat ondo election cos it will only bring forth failure 2 deir party wen dey start feelin lik dey own SW,good governance his just starting on SW,u ll soon start seein competition of good governance cos all SW gov nw knws u do it gud u a anoda, u 4k up halele
m proud 2 be a yoruba all tanks to awolowo 4 his our education

I like this
Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by Jilo83(m): 6:30am On Oct 25, 2012
Acn is d most prefarable party in Govt. Though they r not perfect but I wil stil vote 4 acn.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by hardywaltz(m): 6:31am On Oct 25, 2012
seanet01: Who choose him as Afenifere leader?Pa Ayo Fasanmi is the only authentic leader Afenifere have not ediot like this. I dey laugh o. Fasoranti that can never win election in his father's backyard. So this useless agbaya's still dey? Eyin baba ofo, eyin taye yin ti baje te omo.
Later they will open their mouths to say Igbos are not united. With what the op has written and this comment are Yorubas united? SMFH

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by greall1: 6:33am On Oct 25, 2012
i start dislike ACN and PDP Also a thief party
we need New Party,We don"t want Tinubu Party again

1 Like

Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 25, 2012
I thought Afenifere is meant to be non-partisan or at least in Alliance for Democracy (AD). Oh, Ebenezer Babalola, PDP lipsrsealed
Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by jide4lagos(m): 6:36am On Oct 25, 2012
Are u with your senses?
Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by Elderlywoman: 6:37am On Oct 25, 2012
I have been an observer all along, simply because I do not like the indiscreation of some members. I had to come in because of the comment of one individual that goes by the name seanat01. Let me ask you some questions, are you an African? Because it is against our culture to abuse elders. But you omo iya kan baba mefa have the guts to abuse and even curse Afenifere elders. Boy you have cursed yourself and if you had proper parental care and upbringing, you will never get carried away and open your mouth to abuse those elders. I am not sure any member of your family will ever attain the height those Afenifere elders have attain.

5 Likes

Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by kolexy(m): 6:40am On Oct 25, 2012
[quote author=seanet01]Who choose him as Afenifere leader?Pa Ayo Fasanmi is the only authentic leader Afenifere have not ediot like this. I dey laugh o. Fasoranti that can never win election in his father's backyard. So this useless agbaya's still dey? Eyin baba ofo, eyin taye yin ti baje te omo.
Eni ku si ibi ti aso yin wa.[/quote

Are u aware the Man you call an Idiot is over 80yrs in age? It's disheartening seeing that Yoruba people have discarded all the positive aspects of our culture. So sad!

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by Elderlywoman: 6:40am On Oct 25, 2012
I have been an observer all along, simply because I do not like the indiscretion of some members. I had to come in because of the comment of one individual that goes by the name seanat01. Let me ask you a question, are you an African? Because it is against our culture to abuse elders. But you omo iya kan baba mefa have the guts to abuse and even curse Afenifere elders. Boy you have cursed yourself. if you had proper parental care and upbringing, you will never get carried away and open your mouth to abuse those elders. I am not sure any member of your family will ever attain the height those Afenifere elders have attain.
Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by Nuezha(m): 6:43am On Oct 25, 2012
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by Standing5(m): 6:44am On Oct 25, 2012
We all know how PDP wants the South West desperately. PDP you had a good chance and blew it away. They can only watch and wish for now.
Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by PaulJohn1: 6:44am On Oct 25, 2012
Jarus: I thought Afenifere is meant to be non-partisan or at least in Alliance for Democracy (AD). Oh, Ebenezer Babalola, PDP lipsrsealed
I thought of that too when I saw the topic. They should be neutral on issues like this and embrace any government from any political party. Theirs is to the development and progress of the S/West undecided
Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by justsayemma(m): 6:45am On Oct 25, 2012
Wen u travel round Pdp states n u check d personalities of dia governors,u wil rush bak n embrace Acn bad governance grin PDP loots without regard

1 Like

Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by bknight: 6:46am On Oct 25, 2012
More like: the newest draconian laws in lagos is the end of ACN in south-west...perhaps nurtw won't answer tinubu again...okada riders...

Come january, commercial bus drivers in lagos are to start wearing uniforms grin which has angered a lot of them.

The only ACN governor currently carrying their flag & favored by the masses is oshiomole.
Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by irokokekere(m): 6:46am On Oct 25, 2012
Is time to let them knw who the real Awolowo his. ACN is gone in the s/w
Re: Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere by Maxymilliano(m): 6:52am On Oct 25, 2012
I beg to disagree that the end of ACN dominance in the SW is nigh, there's still no perfect subtitute for the party so far but this does not take away the fact that ACN governors are not better off than their PDP counterparts.

Both parties do have few performing governors in their fold and not just an exclusive preserve of a particular party, but i foresee a reduction in the size of political office holders on ACN platform in the next dispensation if it keeps forcing unpopular candidates at all levels on the populace.

People are now fully aware of their civic responsibility, and if the type of pseudo-progressivism, as practice by the ACN continues, Jagaban will continue to return to Lagos empty handed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Arrested For Stuffing Food Cooler With Ballot Papers In Abia / Kaduna APC Suspends Senator Shehu Sani / Governor Dickson, Makarfi & Other PDP Members Meet In Abuja (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.