Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages (70287 Views)

This Corp Member Serving In Akwa Ibom State Is Missing / Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp / Picture Of Corpers (ladies) Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by jenlucas(m): 2:40pm On Oct 25, 2012
Am presently serving in a school in bauchi am 12A, it bin fun here most of the student can't speak nor hear english but life is cool and fun if u have money, the girls re very sexy but just got to caution myself no dating of student and i got a lot of respect 4rm all student, teachers alike. Like the place if not BH.
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 25, 2012
Rooneyboy: In 2007 I was posted to KEBBI state .
Then was further posted to birin Kebbi(their supposedly state capital ), goodness ! Adjusting to their way of life was really difficult.

My place of primary assignment was govt day secondary school.(FEMALES)

I remember vividly my first day of resumption ,when they were addressing me , they were like "malam walie ........."

When I heard that "malam" I nearly went on a flogging spree.----- "naïve me"

But with time I adjusted well and was loved by all my students, to the point they started professing their loff for malam rooneyboy grin grin grin

With their:
Malam walie innasonki,
Malam give me ur address
Malam give me ur phone number.

With their big big boops ,[b] really had to respect myself there ooo.

[/b]

you for no respect ya self na! na ur balls them for castrate! u for no say hausa no dey joke with them girls copa or no copa them no wan know!
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by wave1(m): 2:40pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ayorh4you:

wow! I was so lucky.... Initially posted 2 Gombe (d state capital) den i later redeployed 2 Osun state n was posted to a sec sch in Modakeke....i rli enjoyed ma stay dia dat im even plannin 2 revisit. All thanks 2 OAU, OUI, The Polu Ife, uniosun (ikire) gals....they help made ma stay fun

Pls what is the sch name?
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by pistol: 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2012
Am currently serving in akwa ibom state...in one hinterland village in essien udim lga..
U have to climb very tall pear tree to access network to browse..
Lest i forget,the sunfly will make a meat and mockery of your skin.

All in all,am enjoying my service year.i have integrated myself into a village lifestyle and the people are friendly and fun to hang out with..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Ayorh4you(m): 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2012
greatdave:
no be smal tin o....nd its supposedly d 'largest local govt in West Africa'!

dat is serious..... I schooled some wia in dat local govt; Anyigba...i neva knew areas lyk wia u served exist. D so called largest lga in west africa (by land mass tho)

1 Like

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by slimyem: 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2012
Served in Lagos....
...nothing memorable about it...
...wish i hadn't influenced my service..

12 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by redsun(m): 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2012
There are some beautiful,prestine and untouched nigerian villges,places like igara hinterlands,in edo state,towards the north.I was opportuned to be there sometimes ago,years back with a friend who had some work training to do there.

At night everywhere will become stack dark and quiet,with several activities going on discreetly,especially courtship with some innocent and not too spoilt girls that just want to have fun with strangers in the dark.

How i miss places like that. If i could turn back time.
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Ayorh4you(m): 2:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
wave@:

Pls what is the sch name?

where in Modakeke do u know?
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
Currently servin in 1 remote village in obanliku lga of cross river state.
To get network on my phone I must face a particular hill. Candle light is beta dan d nepa supply. Misquitoes nd sun flies r 2much de dnt wait till 9t to start bitin u. Houses r built wit clay yl marbles r used 4 graves. No toilet dey use d stream or bush. D people drink alot of palmwine nd dia men love women 2 no end. Dia is nutin lyk barreness among dia ladies.
Student prefer tuesdays nd thursedays to any oda day cos of labour. Teachers dnt kia, de r only afta coperation fee durin exams such as waec nd neco. Wit d condition of tins in dia schs no hope academically.
D people luv corpers o, a lot of bush allawe (ladies) if u r a guy dat enjoys it.
Ranch is d only place worth visitin in d lga.

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Rooneyboy(m): 2:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
greateros:

you for no respect ya self na! na ur balls them for castrate! u for no say hausa no dey joke with them girls copa or no copa them no wan know!

oh boi I had to ooo, before we commenced teaching our principal a christian called all of us "youth corpers" and warned us sternly, told us how promiscuous and adventurous their girls were and I strongly took her advice.

But I must be frank, those girls were really daring, it got to the point that they started placing bets amongst themselves to know the person that was going to succeed in wooing malam rooney boy.

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
Just finish serving last week. I enjoyed the my PPA and the town. Served in ZURU. Kebbi state.

At first, I said 2 myself d@ this town is not for me cos from the beginning of the town 2 the end lies a Hill which span the length of the town. Had a barracks ant the entrance from the south which gave me more rest of mind for safety.

About My PPA (Sabatu Memorial Schoo), I was employed 2 take only computer in the school, Had a good Accommodation in one of the house of the former chief of army staff with 2 soldiers as security.

My second challenge was loneliness at am the only serving corper in the school, I usually follow the school bus 2 my lodge and part two of the loneliness start from there, I do everything alone as am the only one there.

For my experience in the school, I think am the luckiest among my batch posted 2 ZURU. I don't do lesson note cos am just a subject teacher, I choose when is convenient for me 2 teach, the only challenge. I had was getting their test and exam question typed, printed and photocopied.

For my experience with the students, I think I can't forget a lesson I had with the primary 2 students, we were studing computer related electronic devices, we got 2 features of mobile phone, then I asked a question that " mobile phone can be used 2 send and receive text messages also called SMS sometimes." I now ask what is the meaning of SMS.
A student raise his hand, I was astonished. Then I asked him 2 tell us, he then said ' it is the name of our school (SMS-> SABATU MEMORIAL SCHOOL) uncle'. I laughed and they all told that I was lying. I just have 2 turn it into home.

About my passing out, if they had their way they will retain me in the school, cos they went through a rigorous way before they could find someone 2 replace me. I latter recommend a corper for them.

I had a good time during my service year because I see it as an avenue 2 impact knowledge.

I will never be a party 2 those who want the program 2 fail.

May اللَّهُ bless Nigeria.

17 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Cutecharlz(m): 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2012
I did my service in odewinge osase (super eagle player) village at urhonige, edo state. My first day on dat place was horrible. No constant light, no constructed road but the pple are hospitable. Mud houses everywhere and each house hv a shrine attached to their door post. I really enjoyed my stay coz of my fellow corpers and some few intelligent student but was under fear of there "JUJU" and their querrels . The girls there are all spoilt brat, can't boost of a 13yr old girl a virgin and the guys are full of hoodlums. Nevertheless, i thank God for safeguarding my life all tru my stay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by omenziate(m): 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2012
My stay at Kano was very pleasant one, pretty nice village but as for d girls there, just hang ur Prick for museum o, no show lai lai. The boys dey monitor corpers wit every kind technology. I once gave my students an exam †̥o list 3 types of machines. Boys just dey list all kind achaba e.g Chin jeng, Nan fang , etc. Still keep in touch wit d brilliant and inquisitive students in GSS zugachi . Would love †̥ visit kano again if not for dis Boko tins. The road network there make sense die and transportation is relatively cheap not forgetting d suya spree then .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Rooneyboy(m): 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2012
slimyem: Served in Lagos....

too bad !
Y did u influence it na,
Had the opportunity to influence mine but refused.

Its always good to explore what other places have to offer.

Till date my youth service year remains one of by best years thus far.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nuezha(m): 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
coogar:

from experience - he's a disgrace?
he's a disgrace for the same thing you did?
U don't just understand do you? The woman in your life right now wouldn't be if she ever talked to you like that the 1st day she met you!
Whatever the romatic jargon my wife tells me not until we're married. Got it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by vascey(m): 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2012
fittty: Damn!!!!.... Quite different from my service year
Served in a private firm Lagos..... Air-conditioned staff bus takes me to work and back home..... Coffee and biscuits/cup cake for breakfast every day and TFC for lunch every mon, wed, fridays..... Air-conditioned office with internet access........... New toyota corolla official car for outdoor assignments..... Toiletries every month end and Full bag of rice and 25litters of vegetable every xmas and easter break....
DOPPE# grin

So how many xmas and easters did you spend there as a corper? undecided

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nuezha(m): 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2012
control_seven: .
U did somethg more to me or do u think i will 4get u in a hurry?
Ever gone fishing??
Do you catch them all??
You can only get lucky a few times with a few fish.
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by ORAFA(m): 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2012
Nuezha:
So what is he? Sub-normal or Hyper-normal!!!
So u don use style talk am. NL is creative.
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by greatdave(m): 3:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
...nd wats with dis Igala folks saying their ladies are a 'no-go area' to strangers? Whre is d love na?
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by ORAFA(m): 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2012
Nuezha:
FROM EXPERIENCE, a girl can only talk shamelessly like that when you've CLIMBED her. You're a disgrace if you ever did that.
As charming as I was 7yrs ago, I didn't date a female corp member let alone descending so low to mingle with underage.
Why do some id.iots choose to just act holier than thou? 7yrs ago u were charming and never had guts to talk up a lady. In dis 8th year I believe u look lyk a beast from a horror movie and no u feel jealous. 'd rest na history' might just mean he avoided her lyk a plaque. Or do u tink u are reading a novel which's end u must see? Go chop sh.it abeg. PASTOR.
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Asiwaju9ja(m): 3:22pm On Oct 25, 2012
redsun: There are some beautiful,prestine and untouched nigerian villges,places like igara hinterlands,in edo state,towards the north.I was opportuned to be there sometimes ago,years back with a friend who had some work training to do there.

At night everywhere will become stack dark and quiet,with several activities going on discreetly,especially courtship with some innocent and not too spoilt girls that just want to have fun with strangers in the dark.

Una don fire all my village girls. But no shaking dem sweet die.
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Rooneyboy(m): 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2012
slimyem: Served in Lagos....
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by maureen44(f): 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2012
what if you are being posted to Allu. Wahala for you
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by yuzedo: 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2012
omenziate: My stay at Kano was very pleasant one, pretty nice village but as for d girls there, just hang ur Prick for museum o, no show lai lai. The boys dey monitor corpers wit every kind technology. I once gave my students an exam †̥o list 3 types of machines. Boys just dey list all kind achaba e.g Chin jeng, Nan fang , etc.

grin grin grin grin

Jokes aside tho... Una English na die! All of una graduate? And una dey go teach future leaders?? ƪoƪ! It is finished! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Rooneyboy(m): 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
vascey:

So how many xmas and easters did you spend there as a corper? undecided

My thoughts exactly, u don catch am
grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by neey1051(m): 3:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
served in tuatua community sec sch, korokoro, rivers state 2 yrs ago, it was there i first tasted periwinkle....these pple love cassava to a fault, as a matter of fact i nva saw them eat anything else except it,but what i miss most is the fresh undiluted oxygen(air) most especially early in the morning...back 2 lagos nd co2 no allow person rest shocked shocked shocked...nd less i 4get the mosquitoes....u just need 2 see them....bt it was fun all the way...will always cherish those memories.

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by irecruit(m): 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
YOUTH SERVICE........................AN EXPERIENCE THAT WONT EASILY BE FORGOTTEN

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
Damn i served at KOGI STATE, IDAH to be specific, at first i thought its gonna be boring, but believe me it was the best time of my life, can you believe i have visited Idah 2wice after passing out.

I forgot to add, then i was a drunk, i do drink from 3pm after i have closed from work till almost mid night. There was this day my principal asked me "corper you sure say na for for HRC you dey do your PPA abi na for BAR-DE- RICH"

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nuezha(m): 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2012
ORAFA: Why do some id.iots choose to just act holier than thou? 7yrs ago u were charming and never had guts to talk up a lady. In dis 8th year I believe u look lyk a beast from a horror movie and no u feel jealous. 'd rest na history' might just mean he avoided her lyk a plaque. Or do u tink u are reading a novel which's end u must see? Go chop sh.it abeg. PASTOR.
Hello. When lawyers get angry over their clients case in court they don't really mean it. In other words they're saying, who cares how judgement swings, I got paid already.
I made my point.
'I no holy pass'
Lots of love bro.
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Asiwaju9ja(m): 3:41pm On Oct 25, 2012
redsun: There are some beautiful,prestine and untouched nigerian villges,places like igara hinterlands,in edo state,towards the north.I was opportuned to be there sometimes ago,years back with a friend who had some work training to do there.

Una don fire all my village girls. But no shaking dem sweet die.Abi??
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by sophi(f): 3:41pm On Oct 25, 2012
servin presently in zamfara state d village of d former governor , there is good electricity , good water n good accomodation. The only problem is communication even n my PPA. But the people are rily nice very receptive.
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2012
Asiwaju9ja: Una don fire all my village girls. But no shaking dem sweet die.Abi??
i l

hmm igarra, i went there for a field mapping, there is this woman that sells food besides Unity bank, i love her fried sharky hmmmm and the beer for the town cold

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp In Mbaukwu/Umuawulu Anambra Launched By Obiano / How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced / Faith Ehimare: Nigerian 'Virgin Corper' Brags About Her Purity (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.