Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,933 members, 7,799,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages (70257 Views)

This Corp Member Serving In Akwa Ibom State Is Missing / Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp / Picture Of Corpers (ladies) Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by felifeli: 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2012
mko abiola: I served in a remote village in bayesa,a riverine community.
Where dey drink ,wash and do all sort of things wit d water.
My xperience was wen 1 of my student told me to impregnate her so she can follow me to Lag.because she has be hearing of lag as a big city.I laughed in ijaw language.
D rest na history.

D rest na history ? Wetin you do ? Tell me in private

1 Like

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by day0(m): 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2012
fittty: Damn!!!!.... Quite different from my service year
Served in a private firm Lagos..... Air-conditioned staff bus takes me to work and back home..... Coffee and biscuits/cup cake for breakfast every day and TFC for lunch every mon, wed, fridays..... Air-conditioned office with internet access........... New toyota corolla official car for outdoor assignments..... Toiletries every month end and Full bag of rice and 25litters of vegetable every xmas and easter break....
DOPPE# grin
And All these probably happened in ur head shey grin
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by greatdave(m): 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2012
ohnyore: i l

hmm igarra, i went there for a field mapping, there is this woman that sells food besides Unity bank, i love her fried sharky hmmmm and the beer for the town cold
Granites no dey dull! So u enta dat syd too...badt guyses. Anyways,wat skul did u finish frm or still in(if u arent thru)?
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Vincent41(m): 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2012
Currently serving in Abinsie, benue State........here make sense die cos of their 24 hrs electricity........to hell wit my state Anmbra state.........planning to settle here...dont say na cos of lite..lol...nija and their criticisim

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by cuteoly(f): 4:03pm On Oct 25, 2012
My PPA was also a remote village in Cross river state, I didn't regret serving dea cos my 1 year allowance was intact till after my service wen job hunting took all dat I saved. I didn't spend much during my service year cos d community took care of everytin we needed; accomodation, foodstuffs and even Tfare anytime we are to go to town 4 CDS. Wot we buy with our money is jйʃ† personal items and meat for cooking.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by cute9ja: 4:10pm On Oct 25, 2012
currently serving in oyo state, oyo town.... as much as here isn't a village really, but little things still amuse the indigenes, like iPads, Laptops etc....
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by toskaly(m): 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
Currently serving in Sokoto State.Batch A ... We hv Gud accommodation. Bore-hole water and MTN mask are both at front our Loadge.
But light (NEPA) na wahala, no girls 2 flex with, no drink.
But am realy enjoying their meat n suya. It is realy i nice place to be. ...Enjoyment fala-fala
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
I cant believe service year is really over for me.
Am used to people calling 'corper' everywhere i go..
served in calabar which was quite peaceful and fun.just too expensive

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by engrchux: 4:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
I served in Gamawa LGA in Bauchi shortly b4 BokoHaram started their nefarious activities. Mehn, it waz hell. Everytin is extreme, frm mosquitoes, to scorpion, toads, earwig aka skirt & blouse. The heat waz nothing like I've experienced b4. The cold like winter without ice flakes. No lite, smelling water. OMG! U go to d market to buy meat & they will tell u dat they've all been bought my suya merchants even when u're seeing meat on their tables. We resorted to cookin wit goat head & their lower four limbs which went for N400 naira & anoda N50 for removing the fur/hide from d meat. Gamawa is a 3hr drive frm Bauchi town & only two buses ply d route directly each day so if u miss those buses, na wahala be dat, u go begin break d journey. U'll be seeing donkeys & camels on d road as u drive thru. I boarded vehicles wit rugged fulani men, women & their kids & I'll be like "wat if they kill me here in d middle of nowhere". I remember d 1st day we arrived at our PPA from camp, d old corp members welcomed us wit half-cooked rice & most of us where like "WTF". If wish I knew cos I ended up eating tuwo shinkafa on a mat cos they had only one yeye buka ran by an igbo lady in d entire village & she had already closed 4 d day. My belle begin do "Atiku- Obasanjo" chei. U wake up in d mrng, raise ur mattress & u'll see scorpion underneath. My school where I taught was smtin else, it was an afternoon sch wit not up to 50 students in all frm JSS1-JSS3. No SS classes. D school was totally ran by corpers with our principal who we later discovered went 4 his nysc like half way into our stay. Chei! But I had enuf time 2 travel sha, not doin up to six months in d entire one year cumulatively. I had one funny experience, went to d park 2 board a car goin 2 Bauchi & abt 4 fulani women sat in d boot of the gulf while seats where still vacant in d car. I later discovered dey even paid d same fare I paid.
Anyway I had fun sha cos we run tinz corper 2 corper, no mr biggs & co. No forming, in fact we dey chop our corper gals food wey dem cook wit biscuit bone & stuff free. All d corpers bfs & gfs wey dem hook up wit 4 camp bone dem cos 3hrs journey no be beans. Lol. D gals were fun starved so as badt new corpers wey come town, we gave dem numerous cheap grooves/parties. Wit 10k contribution beta party don set. We'll but like N3,000 goat head, Lord's dry gin 4 d guys & calypso mixed wit peak milk 4 d gals & dey will be like "OMG! Dey bought baileys" lol. The ponché no be here, enuf weed inside cos weed dey legalized there but alcohol na smuggling tinz. Twaz cheap fun tho'

22 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by vascey(m): 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2012
sophi: servin presently in zamfara state d village of d former governor , there is good electricity , good water n good accomodation. The only problem is communication even n my PPA. But the people are rily nice very receptive.

Yeah they are nice... Until its election time. Just be happy that you are not there in election period.

And please be guided.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by vivalavida(m): 4:22pm On Oct 25, 2012
I serves in Ifo lg,Ogun state in 2010. It happens to be the largest local government in Nigeria as part of it extends into various parts of lagos.Due to it size,we had 2 different CD places. Ifo 1 and Ifo 2. I taught in a secondary school @ alakuko. A private school with few students so marking exams and tests were relatively easy.The light was not so regular,i was chased out of my room one night by a snake,on another night,i was robbed by four hoodlums around 1am. 2 with guns,2 with cutlasses. Despite that,i was a loved corper.My students cried the day i had to leave for my POP. Have been there to visit them since though one xmas and i cant forget how they were screaming Master,Master Master.......

1 Like

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Assonite(m): 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2012
grin
preshuzpearl: I cant believe service year is really over for me.
Am used to people calling 'corper' everywhere i go..
served in calabar which was quite peaceful and fun.just too expensive
I hard similar xperience wen I wz posted to LONDON 4 my NYSC....L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=D)ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L̳̿
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 25, 2012
Assonite: grin
I hard similar xperience wen I wz posted to LONDON 4 my NYSC....L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=D)ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L̳̿

real funny angry

1 Like

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by rabalord(m): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2012
Emmyvans: Em... Wow. That's pretty interesting ooo. I thought I got the worst place before ooo. Dat one mean say na city I dey oooo. OYan in Osun state. We still got light n network. Seemingly clean water wen rain doesn't fall to spoil d light or manage well tins...
For those students in ma ppa, they are sometin else. I used to think Good gooder goodest n bad badder baddest only happen in naija home videos. Got a shocker there
Wow!!! I served in Oyan also. Its so hrt-warming 2 come in contact wt someone who did. When did u serve pls?[quote author=preshuzpearl]
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Mujitapha(m): 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
I enjoyed my ppa in anyama ijaw bayelsa.I remember when i just enter the village,they show us the only place,where u fit find network.the place is infront of river,we will go there,raise our phone up and wait for network to enter.community gen is our only source of light.As the first Hausa corper in the community,i became so popular bc of bokoharam issue.i enjoyed free fish,banana and plantain.

4 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by fittty(m): 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
day0:
And All these probably happened in ur head shey grin

hater!
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by davades(m): 4:49pm On Oct 25, 2012
toskaly: Currently serving in Sokoto State.Batch A ... We hv Gud accommodation. Bore-hole water and MTN mask are both at front our Loadge.
But light (NEPA) na wahala, no girls 2 flex with, no drink.
But am realy enjoying their meat n suya. It is realy i nice place to be. ...Enjoyment fala-fala

Mask*********mast
Loadge*******Lodge
Gbagaun........see our corper

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by kq(m): 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
It is quite funny how life is. A lot of people on here are saying the people they met in this remote areas during NYSC were friendly and cool, but yet when Boko Haram or kidnappers and armed robbery happens we insult a whole race or nation of people like we dont know there are good and bad eggs in every race. I am waiting to read more fun stories from different parts of Nigeria sha.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Vincent41(m): 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2012
vascey:

Yeah they are nice... Until its election time. Just be happy that you are not there in election period.

And please be guided.

was posted to Anka in zamfara state but tak God i redeployed........
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Rooneyboy(m): 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2012
@fitty...oh boi stop deceiving urself .

How many christmas did u do was the question ?
It is usually one christmas and one easter irrespective of the batch u find urself.
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Burger01(m): 5:02pm On Oct 25, 2012
I was actually posted to a boarding school, Govt Commercial College Makarfi in Makarfi LGA of Kaduna state. Initially, I was sceptical serving in that village and requested for rejection letter from the school principal who had promised to make my stay memorable with accommodation, free food stuffs and monthly stipends. I spent the night in Makarfi and early in the following morning I went for my rejection letter. While waiting for the principal, the students started filing out to their classes. My oh my, the female yarinyas would pass by and say 'coffer, good morning'. These students were so friendly and beautiful. Instantly, I decided to stay. I told the principal I no longer needed the rejection letter. The principal wondered why I changed my mind. I kept mute. I enjoyed my service to the fullest and was given the best coffer for that period. I miss them all. They still call me to come around even though most of them had left the school.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Rooneyboy(m): 5:02pm On Oct 25, 2012
davades:

Mask*********mast
Loadge*******Lodge
Gbagaun........see our corper

Haba bro !

Some things are permissible.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Chimeluv(f): 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
I'm currently serving in Ashaka village (gombe state) the corpers lodge (close to Ashaka Cem factory) is nice there is light 24 hrs and water, don't spend much on Tfare cos i trek to my PPA, security everywhere, really enjoying this place sha......

1 Like

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2012
I served in Kano 2007. Best time of my life. I have since never had such a peaceful existence until last month. Why? went to work in Lagos. Anybody who is serving in an overcrowded place like Lagos, I pity you die. Nothing will be remarkable except spending 25% of your day in traffic grid lock, waking up before the cock crows, and having absolutely no time for the subtle things of life except on weekends.
. . . . in essence am laughing at that person who was talking of serving inside staff bus in Lagos. lol grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by khalids: 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2012
fittty: Damn!!!!.... Quite different from my service year
Served in a private firm Lagos..... Air-conditioned staff bus takes me to work and back home..... Coffee and biscuits/cup cake for breakfast every day and TFC for lunch every mon, wed, fridays..... Air-conditioned office with internet access........... New toyota corolla official car for outdoor assignments..... Toiletries every month end and Full bag of rice and 25litters of vegetable oil every xmas and easter break....
DOPPE# grin

Let me counter this.......I served in the village and this was my experience.
Served at a village secondary school........Student loaned bicycle from the corpers residence to the school, enjoying the early morning fresh air and cool weather through the bush path which was well shielded from the sun as a result of the massive trees all around, same means back to the lodge after school....Lunch most of the time was pounded yam with vegetable soup, some times ground nut soup with palm wine to wash it all down........well ventilated office with natures fresh air and all enough access to information via our only radio station "Radio FM Ikom".........weekends where superb has we visited adjoining villages whose children went to school in the host community and we where always welcome and treated like kings............
Supply of yams, groundnut and palm wine was very regular............Yes there was no light, tarred roads, internet but yet we had fun and made friends.

That was 9years ago anyway....till now some of the villagers and even my students call me once in a while...infact one of them callled 2 days ago just to say Hi.....So all in all it was a good experience .....JUST MY BIT

4 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by DANGOTEONE: 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
I am yet to read an experience told by a proxy! Or am I to take it that all those that want for service came back alive?
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by tunnex190: 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
Experiences here and there. In fact, temptation is about to set in Cross River, Adadama village....All these underage female students are really pissing me off. They come my place almost everyday and wont leave until 9 or past 9 pm.

You will see them looking at REAL THING in man, sending one of their friends to collect your phone number...above all, they are ready to woo you if you don't do it.

It has even come to a stage that they will want to sleep your house overnight - I wonder if there is any one in their families to blame them if they keep late night - I don't know why they are always after corps members serving in their communities - this is happening almost all villages in Nigeria, most in South-south, South East. I'm not trying to be tribalistic here.

A friend was almost trapped when a village schoolgirl was impregnated by another man. She said a friend was responsible because he had sex with her and as a result he was responsible, it was later the scan shown that she was 5 months late. And a friend had his 'portion' late 2 or 3 months....'BAD THING' 'topping another man's pregnancy' I just hope God saves him.

Seriously, it is happening almost everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Daluuzor(m): 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
Nuezha:
FROM EXPERIENCE, a girl can only talk shamelessly like that when you've CLIMBED her. You're a disgrace if you ever did that.
As charming as I was 7yrs ago, I didn't date a female corp member let alone descending so low to mingle with underage.
shooo!!! Oga, is it ur business wat he does wit his life? Abeg pack well oo, na ur type go dey do worst! OLOSHI!!!

1 Like

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Novice1(m): 5:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
greatdave: When i first got to my PPA(Place of primary assignment), i was like wtf?! No lite(No electric poles anywhre),No pipe-borne water and Flunctuating Network? I thought to myself,hw in d world will i survive here...But 3months on,its been fun. Unparalelled hospitality,simple lifestyle and serene environment.
Students in d school i teach-where 90% of ss3 stdnts cant communicate effectively in english-absent themselves for the flimsiest reasons:rain,market days/burials are unofficial public holidays. The major cases dealt with by d 'police station' in d village are goat/chicken theft,farmland trespassing,poligamy fights. Hoping to make some serious positive impact b4 i leave nxt year...pls feel free to share your experiences

U sure are a graduate? @bolded
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by AK481(m): 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
slimyem: Served in Lagos....
...nothing memorable about it...
...wish i hadn't influenced my service..
Me too,msheeew.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp In Mbaukwu/Umuawulu Anambra Launched By Obiano / Faith Ehimare: Nigerian 'Virgin Corper' Brags About Her Purity (Photos) / How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.