Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? (16600 Views)

Inspector Held For ‘forging’ Colleagues’ Promotion Signals (photo) / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Annoying Habits Of Co-workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by kodewrita(m): 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2012
I am curious about this and would like to learn from the wider mass of people on NL.

How do you handle the envy of your colleagues?

How do you handle the former friend who keeps telling tales to all the other coworkers?

How do you handle the snide remarks targeted at staining your image?

how do you handle the open doubting remarks ?

and finally how do you handle unmerited full blown hostility from your coworkers?
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by k2039: 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2012
Just ignore them,as long as you keep giving them attention it only makes them happy.
Keep doing your good work.

They want you to react to their grievance,but the good think is just that you can choose your response,so the best response is to ignore them totally

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by AjanleKoko: 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2012
@OP,
Don't react in kind. Maintain a calm demeanor, keep doing the job well, and be civil to everyone.
Don't assume a siege mentality. Just observe everyone and everything, take it all in but do not be in a hurry to react.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2012
Make sure u do your job well and MAKE sure your work is visible to the higher ups.that way when you are being bad mouthed you will have defenders

Also, in my experience anyawy, a lot of these schemers have a habit of falling on their own swords.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Moukafoam(f): 7:55pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ignor them smiley
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by acidtalk: 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2012
When people don't Envy me or talk about me, I am always damn scared.

Right from my primary school days I have always been someone most envied, how and why I don't know, but I know its just the grace of God one gets noticed and not to talk more of envied.

To answer your question, I have a saying "Only the inferior sees the proud".

So if they envy me, I sure know I am far ahead of them.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Mankind8(m): 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2012
JELIOUSI... Wetin consing me. NA Them sabi for themself o
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by 2mch(m): 7:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ignore them and even work harder so that the haters can die, and the people that matter see your worth. So they keep promoting you, and the haters attempt to commit suicide. Just make sure you watch your back, dont eat or go anywhere with them without a big crowd in between. Envious people are capable of anything. shocked

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by cap28: 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2012
smile and be professional at all times, never raise your voice or show anger - be oblivious to all the negativity, beleive me those haters will get tired and eventually will try to become your friend.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Coldfeet(f): 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2012
Give them the middle finger!! And strut your stuff make them realise they don't exist in your beautiful world.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Sunymoore(m): 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2012
Never mind what haters say ignore 'em till dey fade away
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by seedord247(m): 8:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
I buy them food to kill thier inner envy. embarassed
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Mankind8(m): 8:07pm On Oct 25, 2012
Sunymoore: Never mind what haters say ignore 'em till dey fade away
na d best be that o

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Rooneyboy(m): 8:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ignorance / silence are the two systems I use and believe u me they are both golden .

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Bryan12(m): 8:18pm On Oct 25, 2012
I need more haters,cos de old ones are begining to like me grin[color=#990000][/color]

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Rooneyboy(m): 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2012
Coldfeet: Give them the middle finger!! And strut your stuff make them realise they don't exist in your beautiful world.

that's the shortest way to dig ur own grave dear.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by evamathis: 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2012
someone pls confirm if the Gov of Taraba is truly dead
rumors say he died in a plane crash , piloted by him
Enough of all these deaths nah
Nigeria wetin we do?
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by vislabraye(m): 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2012
Just keep doing what you're doing right. Be careful that they don't see that you're rubbing your superiority on their face.
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 25, 2012
Buy and read 'The Mafia Manager'. Meditate on it,and put it to practice. Don't forget to always follow your instincts. The more you use it, the better it gets
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Abujafood: 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
evamathis: someone pls confirm if the Gov of Taraba is truly dead
rumors say he died in a plane crash , piloted by him
Enough of all these deaths nah
Nigeria wetin we do?

It is confirmed by vanguard he's dead!
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Coldfeet(f): 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
Rooneyboy:

that's the shortest way to dig ur own grave dear.
You can say that again! Didn't know the envious bedbug was bleeping my boss!!! I got fired angryangryangry
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by kunletech: 8:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
Envy people are very dangeriouse, especialy at work.
When i faced this problem in my office, thise are what i did;
1. Be prayerfull (mean spiritualy strong)
2. Be very vigilant and sensitive in doing and words that will be comming out of your mouth in their present, because they can use your words against or trap you.
3. Do not trust any body, but be friendly and let them know you know that they don't like u.
4. Have spy among them that ill be given you thier wicked plan, but do not totaly trust the spy.
5. Use youe trap to catch thier leader, that is, let him commite what will make him to lost his job. Strike the shephered and the sheeps will scatered
5. Then, others will scatered.
6. Have the secret of others in your hand.
7. You have silent them for ever.
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Serendipity: 8:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
Traditionally, if you are a celeb, you should have traducers and detractors whose work, not surprisingly is to discredit you and tarnish your good name.
I think one can tackle this anomaly by being oneself, because everyone must not please everyone. Shalom!
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
Envy is often always a result of inferiority complex. It means the target of the envy is or have special uncommon 'something' that sets him/her apart from the rest on the block. My advise is, get higher cycle of friendship beyond the scale of the envious cliche and keep surprising the envious with your prowess.
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by cashmentor(m): 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2012
When you're Destined or u are the best in what u do, people will envy u.. Even when you're dead broke, people will still gang up against u, after all, even the mad man on the street is still envied by some (funny buh true).... Jesus, Isaac, Joseph, Jacob, David, Moses, Abel, Steven etc.. were all envied, so count yourself lucky to be envied.. It's part of Life, it makes u hungrier to excel higher..
And pls- whatever u do, never ever try to please anyone, u'll end up a failure in that path.. Be wise!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Akposkool(m): 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
Wel d meaning of my middle name' AKPOMEDAYE' is(my lyf dey pain them).so i jst take it as a receipe for every hater.dats what makes you head n shoulders above them.
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by ikchi: 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2012
Just ignore them.
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by cashmentor(m): 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
Billyonaire: Envy is often always a result of inferiority complex. It means the target of the envy is or have special uncommon 'something' that sets him/her apart from the rest on the block. My advise is, get higher cycle of friendship beyond the scale of the envious cliche and keep surprising the envious with your prowess.
frankly, i think i kinda find something to agree with u on: Spot On!
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Abujafood: 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2012
Best thing to do is ignore them. Don't share personal info with them, don't assist them with their problems, don't give them an opportunity to get close to you or know anything about except if it is job related. Don't accept favors from them, always watch your back and never trust or believe any flattering thing they say or do.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Crown128(m): 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ignore them and continue with your job even work harder,but don't react to them to be better than or superior to them. When you are being envied it mean you are progressing. It is part of life.
Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Charlesnerd: 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2012
acidtalk: When people don't Envy me or talk about me, I am always damn scared.

Right from my primary school days I have always been someone most envied, how and why I don't know, but I know its just the grace of God one gets noticed and not to talk more of envied.

To answer your question, I have a saying "Only the inferior sees the proud".

So if they envy me, I sure know I am far ahead of them.

Sir,you never gave an advice,you only engaged in self adulation and that is not an answer to the question.

Sorry I called you out but please always stay on point and stop being narcissistic.I read on the other thread where you said Nigerian youths are dead intellectually,it was so amusing as it was outlandish. What have you achieved with all your knowledge to be in a position to pass such ill-thought judgement on the generality of Nigerian youths?.You would do well to humble yourself and make guarded statements.

@OP,sorry I derailed the thread.I suggest you maintain your cool,watch what you say and above all, maintain an open line of communication with your superiors.

10 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? by Rooneyboy(m): 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2012
Coldfeet: You can say that again! Didn't know the envious bedbug was bleeping my boss!!! I got fired angryangryangry

poor u, hope u gotten over it ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ecobank Staff Cleaning Allen Avenue. (pics) / Structural Engineering Forum : Lets Get Talking / Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.