Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

How Is Your Church Ranked? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is Your Church Ranked? (5645 Views)

Jehova Witnesses, I Want To Join Your Church, Help Me!!! / Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD / When Does Your Church Services Start And When Do You Arrive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Your Church Ranked? by tobechi74: 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2012
am a catholic

A priest heads the parish. the smallest unit.
.A bishop is the head of a diocese, a district of the Church.
An archbishop is the head of an archdiocese, a larger diocese.
A Cardinal is a member of the College of Cardinals, the Pope's top advisers. Cardinals are almost always bishops or archbishops.

The College of Cardinals elects the Pope. The Pope, as Bishop of Rome, is the Successor of St. Peter as the leader of Christ's Church.

8 Likes

Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by pendusky(m): 12:29pm On Oct 28, 2012
When Its not bombed..

St. Rita Catholic Kaduna jst got bombed some minutes ago...
More info..
https://www.nairaland.com/1086653/bomb-blast-church-kaduna-today

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by shadrach77: 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2012
What's the relevance of the question ??

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by GidiMovies(m): 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2012
Dumb
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2012
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by Thermythorpe(f): 12:36pm On Oct 28, 2012
Dumb thread... Dumb post
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by Thermythorpe(f): 12:36pm On Oct 28, 2012
Dumb thread... Dumb poster.
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by abuaoyen(f): 12:38pm On Oct 28, 2012
No. 1 in d universe
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by Iaz93: 12:38pm On Oct 28, 2012
*Yawns* mtchew...NEXT!!!
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by omiobo: 12:40pm On Oct 28, 2012
Moderator! Why? What kind of thread is this?
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by pastormustwacc: 12:42pm On Oct 28, 2012
pendusky: When Its not bombed..

St. Rita Catholic Kaduna jst got bombed some minutes ago...
More info..
https://www.nairaland.com/1086653/bomb-blast-church-kaduna-today
bomb rating
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by BSF: 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2012
Churches are not ranked , because Salvation is the work of Grace.You cannot rank the work of God.

However, the positive and lasting impact of the church in the lives of her follower-ship determines the
value that the general public perceive about such a church.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by ifysimple(f): 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2012
Proudly Catholic

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by pastormustwacc: 12:59pm On Oct 28, 2012
ifysimple: Proudly Catholic
Now what in heaven does that mean? Pride? Is that a fruit of the holy spirit? Better give your life to christ so that you can be saved.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by Iaz93: 12:59pm On Oct 28, 2012
This thread should be closed
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by johnstar(m): 1:00pm On Oct 28, 2012
Shit happens undecided undecided, so dey nw rank churches , abegi, church na church, depend on d way d pastor fire prayers
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by TenKobo1: 1:03pm On Oct 28, 2012
This post na reallll waaaaaaaa!!!!
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by pastormustwacc: 1:09pm On Oct 28, 2012
johnstar: Shit happens undecided undecided, so dey nw rank churches , abegi, church na church, depend on d way d pastor fire prayers
Really? or the rate at which they slap WINCH?

3 Likes

Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by Lawconfessor(f): 1:11pm On Oct 28, 2012
Never intended to open dis thread cos of d caption, bt on a second tot i decided to fathom wot d op mean by ""ranking."" I AM A ROMAN CATHOLIC though, bt d thread dd nt mak any sense to me(mean no offence pls).
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by Afam4eva(m): 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2012
ifysimple: Proudly Catholic
Which one be proudly Catholic? Are you a follower of Christ or not? Are you born again?
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2012
tobechi74: am a catholic

A priest heads the parish. the smallest unit.
.A bishop is the head of a diocese, a district of the Church.
An archbishop is the head of an archdiocese, a larger diocese.
A Cardinal is a member of the College of Cardinals, the Pope's top advisers. Cardinals are almost always bishops or archbishops.

The College of Cardinals elects the Pope. The Pope, as Bishop of Rome, is the Successor of St. Peter as the leader of Christ's Church.

The POPE is the successor of the priests of ancient Babylonian religion , nothing to do with Jesus or Peter.

4 Likes

Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by Ibadiarann(m): 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2012
pastormustwacc:
Now what in heaven does that mean? Pride? Is that a fruit of the holy spirit? Better give your life to christ so that you can be saved.

I agree with u. She has no clue why she is in the catholic church. She feels its a status thing. Remember her in your prayers I beg.
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2012
[size=13pt]Will JESUS ever want to be carried or worshipped like this :[/size]

Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by DrTee1(m): 1:29pm On Oct 28, 2012
IMO, the poster has not said anything out of place. I'm a Catholic too.

For all we care, he or she might just be conducting a survey to know the strata in other denominations. Let's not be quick to condemn....

For Catholics, today's second reading was from Heb 5 v 1-6.

The poster above might have wanted to know how the 'called' are ranked in other churches, especially on the heels of Archbishop Onaiyekan's promotion which is currently Nigeria's best local news making international headlines.

Let's not be quick to blame. We are christians. Let's exhibit love & understanding of our fellow man. We all can't think in the same way...

4 Likes

Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by pastormustwacc: 1:39pm On Oct 28, 2012
I did not know catholics are christians o. shuo? With all those their doctrines? They dont even believe in a lot of teaching of Jesus christ and the apostles.

And, them like to do so much exhibition too. But that aside, i have met a few catholics who are actually christians.

Wait a minute (before you stone me with pure water), being a catholic simply means you go to catholic church - finish.

Being a christian - well, this is an individual things - and is based on your life-style and how much of teachings of Jesus you follow. And whether you allow the fruits and the gifts of the holy spirit blossom in you.

Mark 16:17-18
And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."
Maybe until i see that,
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by omicron(m): 1:45pm On Oct 28, 2012
Ppl like u are a disgrace to xtianity
pastormustwacc: I did not know catholics are christians o. shuo? With all those their doctrines? They dont even believe in a lot of teaching of Jesus christ and the apostles.

And, them like to do so much exhibition too. But that aside, i have met a few catholics who are actually christians.

Wait a minute (before you stone me with pure water), being a catholic simply means you go to catholic church - finish.

Being a christian - well, this is an individual things - and is based on your life-style and how much of teachings of Jesus you follow. And whether you allow the fruits and the gifts of the holy spirit blossom in you.

Mark 16:17-18

Maybe until i see that,

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by God4moi: 1:46pm On Oct 28, 2012
frosbel:
[size=13pt]Will JESUS ever want to be carried or worshipped like this :[/size]

Outa love they carried him. How many jets and bullet proof jeeps does he have?

5 Likes

Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by Lawconfessor(f): 1:51pm On Oct 28, 2012
^ ^ ^

U re very much correct

2 Likes

Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by initiate: 1:54pm On Oct 28, 2012
frosbel:

The POPE is the successor of the priests of ancient Babylonian religion , nothing to do with Jesus or Peter.

explain
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by pastormustwacc: 1:59pm On Oct 28, 2012
omicron: Ppl like u are a disgrace to xtianity
In time, maybe you will understand that we are not enemies in any way.

Thank you very much, may the Lord God almight forgive us all.
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by opeoluwa2(f): 1:59pm On Oct 28, 2012
pastormustwacc:

PMW,u are funny ooh.
So you know abt the fruits of the HolySpirit,yet u don't know about "touch not my annointed" cos I always c the way u castigate men of God.
Na wah oooh .stop mocking christianity.
Re: How Is Your Church Ranked? by Nuezha(m): 2:01pm On Oct 28, 2012
PENTECOSTAL (name is needless)

Jesus

Holy Spirit

Founder

G.O.

DGO

AGO

RE

NS

Elders

PICs - Province.Zone.Area.Parish

Ministers - ordained.unordained

Workers

Members

New Converts

The Lost (to be found)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Is Just A False Christ / Why Is Evil On The Increase If We Believe Law Of Harvest? / It’s Very Illogical To Worship The Christian God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.