Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 (6094 Views)

Commercial Bus Catches Fire On Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos (photos) / Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge This Afternoon (photos) / Government Truck Falls Off Near Third Mainland Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by semid4lyfe(m): 3:30pm On Oct 26, 2012
The Federal Ministry of Works, on Thursday, disclosed that the Third Mainland Bridge will be fully opened to traffic from November 6, as scheduled by the contractor, Borini Prono.

Ejike Mgbemena,the Director, South-west, Federal Ministry of Works, disclosed that according to the work plan made available by the contractor, the bridge would have been opened for use a week ago because work was ahead of schedule. But it was postponed to enable the contractor apply some finishing to the job.

He apologised, saying: "I'm sorry to inform you of the postponement of the opening of Third Mainland Bridge. We lately discovered that the on-going pavement repair works will not be ready earlier than anticipated and this is responsible for this postponement."

Mgbemena said the Minister of Works, Mike Onolememen, will be in Lagos on Tuesday to declare the bridge open and to thank Lagos residents for their patience.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/third-mainland-bridge-opens-november-6

2 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by server123: 3:35pm On Oct 26, 2012
Thank God... And I say kudos.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by 360command: 3:35pm On Oct 26, 2012
I am 360command. Its good things someone is hearing such good news..
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 26, 2012
We too dey postpone for this country.i knew from the onset they were not going to meet the deadline.November 6 don reach finish na!
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by Kemy11(m): 3:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
ppl have almost adapted but thank god shaa
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by DL(m): 3:40pm On Oct 26, 2012
I haven't noticed any difference so far, at least physically..there r still a lot of pot holes on that bridge.

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by samobe: 3:43pm On Oct 26, 2012
Free road no okada wht a pity,ll okada men vote fashola for second term
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by Super1759: 3:44pm On Oct 26, 2012
wait oo, this semid4lyfe, are you now replacing mukina or what? I see all your posts in frontpage.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by mumumugu(m): 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2012
Lets not rejoice yet. Let wait til then if it wont b shiftd
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 26, 2012
Cant wait to firedown 180km/h on that bridge...
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by takedat(m): 3:52pm On Oct 26, 2012
For the past 13 years, the PDP Government have not been able to construct a bridge the stretch of Third mainland. To carry out repairs for a designated period becomes a problem that they had to postpone again
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by irecruit(m): 3:53pm On Oct 26, 2012
PRAISE THE LORD. GOOD NEWS
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 26, 2012
Must the minister of works fly down to lagos to declare the bridge open? Na today dem build the bridge? Na must for them to do ceremony? In 2yrs time you go hear say the bridge they shake again! Mtscheeew!

2 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by Egbagirl(f): 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2012
berem: Must the minister of works fly down to lagos to declare the bridge open? Na today dem build the bridge? Na must for them to do ceremony? In 2yrs time you go hear say the bridge they shake again! Mtscheeew!

If the ceremony doesnt happen, then the work is not complete. Every single thing, launching, cutting ribbon, etc. na jus to dey do feferiti everywhere. mscheeew. as if their "opening ceremony" will affect anything. waste of money!
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by salam001(m): 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2012

this post has been hidden
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by OkwaIfugo(m): 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2012
as long as it will be fine and good by then no probs
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by aieromon(m): 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2012
Super1759: wait oo, this semid4lyfe, are you now replacing mukina or what? I see all your posts in frontpage.

Mukina2 is celebrating Sallah. cool

She will be back next week.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 26, 2012
wow. i cant wait. Im tired of going through ikorodu road. God bless babangida
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 26, 2012
area_boy1: We too dey postpone for this country.i knew from the onset they were not going to meet the deadline.November 6 don reach finish na!
what do u mean by u knew they wouldnt meet the deadline ?shocked the repair works was to commence on July2 to Nov 6 but there issues between LASG and FRSC over who to control traffic hence the repair works commenced a week later. they've tried. if not for the one week they lost, they might have finished the repair works by now

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by 1ndidi2(f): 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2012
Yay! On my birthday B-) hope it goes well.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by Paentera(m): 7:30pm On Oct 26, 2012
area_boy1: We too dey postpone for this country.i knew from the onset they were not going to meet the deadline.November 6 don reach finish na!

Ogbeni didn't you read the post - it says they were going to open it ahead of time but decided to move the opening day to the initial scheduled date of Nov 6.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by DeepSight(m): 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2012
Can anybody please provide details of exactly what work was done on the Bridge during this period.

Thanks.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 26, 2012
Will the GODAMMN STREETLIGHTS BE WORKING NOW ON THE BRIDGE??

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by Egbagirl(f): 10:26pm On Oct 26, 2012
Paentera:

Ogbeni didn't you read the post - it says they were going to open it ahead of time but decided to move the opening day to the initial scheduled date of Nov 6.

He didnt o. El Rufai said it. Nigerian youth are lazy and dont read... lipsrsealed lol

4 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by OmichaelO: 11:16pm On Oct 26, 2012
Was it closed before
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by Paentera(m): 2:03am On Oct 27, 2012
Deep Sight:
Can anybody please provide details of exactly what work was done on the Bridge during this period.

Thanks.

Bros its because of folks like you that Google was made na...just Google Third Mainland bridge repairs - shouldn't take up much of your time.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by bestower: 2:37am On Oct 27, 2012
On a more serious note some part of the road should be tarred,it wll bring out the beauty of the bridge and make movements easier.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Opens November 6 by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 27, 2012
bestower: On a more serious note some part of the road should be tarred,it wll bring out the beauty of the bridge and make movements easier.
im with u on this. to be fair im still wondering the thing they did to have spent N1.1billion. I know there were some joints that had already opened, atleast i saw some whilst driving. i dont think it should cost that much

(1) (2) (Reply)

Macedonian Government Scholarships For Foreign Students. / Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan / Cheapest Ticket To London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.