Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Some Of The Devil's Tricks You Should Know About - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Of The Devil's Tricks You Should Know About (8183 Views)

Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Ten People Who Sold Their Soul To The Devil. / What If The Devil Repents Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Of The Devil's Tricks You Should Know About by zyrocs: 6:22pm On Oct 26, 2012
I want to share with you something i know very much that the devil doesn't want you to know and even if you know it, he will stop at nothing to make sure you are not conscious of it.
But before i start, let me advise you. If you know that you are not going to read every word of this write-up through to the end, just skip to the next item on your profile (Probably one of the kinds of stuff the devil wants to keep feeding you mind with to blind you from the truth). Do yourself a favour by sparing the next 15 minutes to read this through

You remember the story how it all started when God created man in His imagery so that man can be the God of the is world as He is in Heaven. He gave man a precious gift (Dominion). But man was careless with the gift and Satan stole it from man. He (Satan) guarded it so jealously that even the Bible recognises him as the god of this world.
Anyway, i know you are familiar with that story but stick with me. I'm heading somewhere.

You also remember how God came up with a rescue plan to restore what rightfully belongs to man.
I know you know that part of the story too. Just follow me. I'm heading somewhere.

Do you remember what the devil was called in the bible?
Thief, A bully [1 Peter 5:8] . Can you see that the devil is greedy and never satisfied? He stole the dominion from man held unto it for thousands of years and when God eventually made way for man to have back what rightfully belongs to him, the devil will still stop at nothing to see that he still has dominion over not one or two men. NO! all men.
In that way he will still be in charge. But thank God Christ made a way. So all the devil is doing now is trying to make sure you don’t see or discover the way and even if you do, he tries to make you doubt the way.
That makes number one of the tools he uses against us [DOUBT] knowing that without faith it is impossible to please God.
Wait a minute! He wants to put us in enmity with God. Right? Follow me. We ain’t there yet.

The summary is that he wants to do everything to make sure you are in a total state of oblivion of your absolute authority and your glorious place of dominion in this world. So I am going to share with you how he does this.

Have you ever wondered why those days when you were growing, you can read any other book for hours but the moment you pick the Bible to read, it becomes sleeping pills?
KNOWLEDGE
The devil fears those who have knowledge

Have you also ever wondered why it is when you decided to get serious with kingdom things that:
The lady who has been proving difficult for a very long time start giving you green light in a very sinful manner;
The contract you have been pursuing for years shows up but with a little compromise to make (you must bribe your way through;
You get a well-paying job that will never give you the space to even attend church activities;…?
BENEFITS
He knows humans like benefits/gains and all the flashy things of this world. So what does he do with this? He tries to seduce us with this entire gimcrack and also blind us to the fact that God has made provision for everything that pertains to life and Godliness for us. [2 Peter 1:3] [Ephesians 1:3] [Mathew 6:33]. But guess what the devil doesn’t have any real benefit to give. He doesn’t even own anything.
Follow me. We’re almost there.

Now when you struggle your way through all the hurdles to come to full knowledge of the word of God, what does he do?
He uses the same word of God to beguile you into living contrary to the whole truth you have lived for and when you finally understand his gimmicks, he comes with the tool called GUILT then suggests to you ways to atone for your own sin; ways to ‘live righteously’ by your own self and might. And to make it even worse, at this point, faith in God is no longer an issue to you. Rather, you are trying to please God by ‘living righteously’ So the loop goes on and on without end.
Try to please God by living righteously >> Fall into sin (Because you don’t have the ability to ‘live righteously) >> Guilt guilt guilt >> Try to please God again. And the loop is endless

The endless loop

Wait a minute!
You can’t please God by living righteously? This guy is talking heresy now.
I beg your pardon! Don’t you read your Bible?
To mention but a few scripture Rom. 3:28-30, Galatians 2:16-21, Galatians 3:3,11,12-13, John 3:16, Rom. 3:24, Rom. 9:30
I believe with this scriptures, you would have cleared you doubt that justification is not by your works. Anyway, that’s another day’s topic.

As a quick reminder

The devil tries to prevent you from knowing the truth
When you get to know the truth, he uses another tool, BENEFITS to seduce you.
And if he succeeds, he tries to keep you there for a long time but when you discover his gimmicks, he uses the same knowledge you have against you to keep you in guilt and suggests self-justification method (Out of faith)

He does all this to keep you depressed, steal your authority in Christ and be in charge.

So what do we do then? Good question.

Walk in the spirit!
“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”Romans 8:1
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:16
You have to understand that the enemy is the devil but the traitor is the flesh. It is the flesh that sells your dominion and liberty to the devil. You have to put the flesh under subjection for you to walk in the spirit

Walking in the spirit is consciously choosing by faith to rely on the Holy Spirit to guide in thought, word, and deed.
We can know that we are walking in the Spirit if our lives are showing forth the fruit of the Spirit which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22,23). Being filled (walking) with the Spirit is the same as allowing the word of Christ (the Bible) to richly dwell in us (Colossians 3:16).
You cannot walk in the spirit if you don’t study the word of God
“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Romans 10:17
Some Additional Tips.
Be careful what you watch, what you listen to and what you allow into your life.
Don’t disobey the Spirit of God when He says NO
Whatever you want to stop doing, don’t struggle by your own might to stop. Rather rely on the ability of the Spirit of God.
Don’t stop doing the right thing for one minute. The devil will strike quickly.
Detest all appearance of evil.

Don’t Try To Live Righteously.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God." Eph. 2:8
"But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace." Rom. 11:6
"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.” Galatians 2:16
“Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?” Galatians 3:3
We are no longer under the law. Therefore justification does not come by trying to observe the laws. Righteousnes is not trying to live a holy life. If we can live righteously, then there would have been no need for the coming of Christ. Righteousness is a gift we enjoy when we live in Christ by faith and allow the Holy Spirit to direct us.

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."Galatians 5:1
in other words
"So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.[NLT]
Nontheless Liberty does NOT mean we can sin! Liberty is freedom from having to bear the consequent penalty of sin (because He was wounded for our transgressions,He was bruised for our iniquities), not freedom from having to refrain from sin! "The Bible said shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?" I guess your answer is "God forbid" too. It is sin that corrupts and puts us into bondage not the law in it self.

"For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love." Galatians 5:13

If you have been blessed by this write-up, don't be selfish with it. Forward it to at least 10 of your friends, share it on your facebook profile. Let us promote Jesus Christ on line and let the people know what the devil is trying to hide from them.
God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Devil's Tricks You Should Know About by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 08, 2012
zyrocs: I want to share with you something i know very much that the devil doesn't want you to know and even if you know it, he will stop at nothing to make sure you are not conscious of it.
But before i start, let me advise you. If you know that you are not going to read every word of this write-up through to the end, just skip to the next item on your profile (Probably one of the kinds of stuff the devil wants to keep feeding you mind with to blind you from the truth). Do yourself a favour by sparing the next 15 minutes to read this through

You remember the story how it all started when God created man in His imagery so that man can be the God of the is world as He is in Heaven. He gave man a precious gift (Dominion). But man was careless with the gift and Satan stole it from man. He (Satan) guarded it so jealously that even the Bible recognises him as the god of this world.
Anyway, i know you are familiar with that story but stick with me. I'm heading somewhere.

You also remember how God came up with a rescue plan to restore what rightfully belongs to man.
I know you know that part of the story too. Just follow me. I'm heading somewhere.

Do you remember what the devil was called in the bible?
Thief, A bully [1 Peter 5:8] . Can you see that the devil is greedy and never satisfied? He stole the dominion from man held unto it for thousands of years and when God eventually made way for man to have back what rightfully belongs to him, the devil will still stop at nothing to see that he still has dominion over not one or two men. NO! all men.
In that way he will still be in charge. But thank God Christ made a way. So all the devil is doing now is trying to make sure you don’t see or discover the way and even if you do, he tries to make you doubt the way.
That makes number one of the tools he uses against us [DOUBT] knowing that without faith it is impossible to please God.
Wait a minute! He wants to put us in enmity with God. Right? Follow me. We ain’t there yet.

The summary is that he wants to do everything to make sure you are in a total state of oblivion of your absolute authority and your glorious place of dominion in this world. So I am going to share with you how he does this.

Have you ever wondered why those days when you were growing, you can read any other book for hours but the moment you pick the Bible to read, it becomes sleeping pills?
KNOWLEDGE
The devil fears those who have knowledge

Have you also ever wondered why it is when you decided to get serious with kingdom things that:
The lady who has been proving difficult for a very long time start giving you green light in a very sinful manner;
The contract you have been pursuing for years shows up but with a little compromise to make (you must bribe your way through;
You get a well-paying job that will never give you the space to even attend church activities;…?
BENEFITS
He knows humans like benefits/gains and all the flashy things of this world. So what does he do with this? He tries to seduce us with this entire gimcrack and also blind us to the fact that God has made provision for everything that pertains to life and Godliness for us. [2 Peter 1:3] [Ephesians 1:3] [Mathew 6:33]. But guess what the devil doesn’t have any real benefit to give. He doesn’t even own anything.
Follow me. We’re almost there.

Now when you struggle your way through all the hurdles to come to full knowledge of the word of God, what does he do?
He uses the same word of God to beguile you into living contrary to the whole truth you have lived for and when you finally understand his gimmicks, he comes with the tool called GUILT then suggests to you ways to atone for your own sin; ways to ‘live righteously’ by your own self and might. And to make it even worse, at this point, faith in God is no longer an issue to you. Rather, you are trying to please God by ‘living righteously’ So the loop goes on and on without end.
Try to please God by living righteously >> Fall into sin (Because you don’t have the ability to ‘live righteously) >> Guilt guilt guilt >> Try to please God again. And the loop is endless

The endless loop

Wait a minute!
You can’t please God by living righteously? This guy is talking heresy now.
I beg your pardon! Don’t you read your Bible?
To mention but a few scripture Rom. 3:28-30, Galatians 2:16-21, Galatians 3:3,11,12-13, John 3:16, Rom. 3:24, Rom. 9:30
I believe with this scriptures, you would have cleared you doubt that justification is not by your works. Anyway, that’s another day’s topic.

As a quick reminder

The devil tries to prevent you from knowing the truth
When you get to know the truth, he uses another tool, BENEFITS to seduce you.
And if he succeeds, he tries to keep you there for a long time but when you discover his gimmicks, he uses the same knowledge you have against you to keep you in guilt and suggests self-justification method (Out of faith)

He does all this to keep you depressed, steal your authority in Christ and be in charge.

So what do we do then? Good question.

Walk in the spirit!
“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”Romans 8:1
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:16
You have to understand that the enemy is the devil but the traitor is the flesh. It is the flesh that sells your dominion and liberty to the devil. You have to put the flesh under subjection for you to walk in the spirit

Walking in the spirit is consciously choosing by faith to rely on the Holy Spirit to guide in thought, word, and deed.
We can know that we are walking in the Spirit if our lives are showing forth the fruit of the Spirit which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22,23). Being filled (walking) with the Spirit is the same as allowing the word of Christ (the Bible) to richly dwell in us (Colossians 3:16).
You cannot walk in the spirit if you don’t study the word of God
“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Romans 10:17
Some Additional Tips.
Be careful what you watch, what you listen to and what you allow into your life.
Don’t disobey the Spirit of God when He says NO
Whatever you want to stop doing, don’t struggle by your own might to stop. Rather rely on the ability of the Spirit of God.
Don’t stop doing the right thing for one minute. The devil will strike quickly.
Detest all appearance of evil.

Don’t Try To Live Righteously.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God." Eph. 2:8
"But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace." Rom. 11:6
"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.” Galatians 2:16
“Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?” Galatians 3:3
We are no longer under the law. Therefore justification does not come by trying to observe the laws. Righteousnes is not trying to live a holy life. If we can live righteously, then there would have been no need for the coming of Christ. Righteousness is a gift we enjoy when we live in Christ by faith and allow the Holy Spirit to direct us.

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."Galatians 5:1
in other words
"So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.[NLT]
Nontheless Liberty does NOT mean we can sin! Liberty is freedom from having to bear the consequent penalty of sin (because He was wounded for our transgressions,He was bruised for our iniquities), not freedom from having to refrain from sin! "The Bible said shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?" I guess your answer is "God forbid" too. It is sin that corrupts and puts us into bondage not the law in it self.

"For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love." Galatians 5:13

If you have been blessed by this write-up, don't be selfish with it. Forward it to at least 10 of your friends, share it on your facebook profile. Let us promote Jesus Christ on line and let the people know what the devil is trying to hide from them.
God bless you all
tnk u

(1) (Reply)

What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. / Rccg And Mfm: What Are Their Beliefs / Dresscode? / Durga Puja Whatsapp Messages Wishes Pictures Cards Greetings 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.