Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead (1180 Views)

Gov .danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Casts Vote In Suntai Ward / Danbaba Suntai To Be Replaced As Taraba State Governor . / Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead by petokey: 6:27pm On Oct 26, 2012
I was reading this and decided to share it.
A misleading tweet by an official of the Nigerian Presidency helped fueled nationwide speculation Thursday that Governor Danbaba Suntai of Taraba died in a plane crash.
Anxiety had mounted over thefate of the occupants of the ill-fated plane after the story broke that six passengers and crew, including Mr. Suntai,were aboard the small jetlinerwhich crashed Thursday evening close to the NNPC depot in Yola.
But rather than help defuse the tension over the crash, which came less than five months after a Lagos-bound Dana-operated aircraft from Abuja crashed into a two-storey building in Lagos, killing all 153 passengers, and 10 others on the ground, the presidency added to the confusion, pronouncing the governor dead without gettingconfirmation from officials on ground in Yola, the Adamawa State capital.
“May the soul of the late departed Governor, Danbaba Suntai, of Taraba State rest in peace and may God grant the state peace this trying time,” the Special Assistant to the President on New Media, RenoOmokri, said via his twitter handle, @renoomokri. To get more visit http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/10/revealed-how-presidency-misled-whole.html
Re: How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead by Odunnu: 8:30pm On Oct 26, 2012
petokey: I was reading this and decided to share it.
A misleading tweet by an official of the Nigerian Presidency helped fueled nationwide speculation Thursday that Governor Danbaba Suntai of Taraba died in a plane crash.
Anxiety had mounted over thefate of the occupants of the ill-fated plane after the story broke that six passengers and crew, including Mr. Suntai,were aboard the small jetlinerwhich crashed Thursday evening close to the NNPC depot in Yola.
But rather than help defuse the tension over the crash, which came less than five months after a Lagos-bound Dana-operated aircraft from Abuja crashed into a two-storey building in Lagos, killing all 153 passengers, and 10 others on the ground, the presidency added to the confusion, pronouncing the governor dead without gettingconfirmation from officials on ground in Yola, the Adamawa State capital.
“May the soul of the late departed Governor, Danbaba Suntai, of Taraba State rest in peace and may God grant the state peace this trying time,” the Special Assistant to the President on New Media, RenoOmokri, said via his twitter handle, @renoomokri. To get more visit http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/10/revealed-how-presidency-misled-whole.html
If Reno tweeted that, he was mislead by the ever lying, cheap attention seeking Sahara Reporters.

1 Like

Re: How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 26, 2012
I won't blame the president for that, but Reno. At such level he should confirm something before tweeting - which is his job. I won't attribute it to SR either, Reno should have reliable sources and not depend on news medium like us. He is an advsier to president.
Re: How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead by ballabriggs: 11:16pm On Oct 26, 2012
Odunnu:
If Reno tweeted that, he was mislead by the ever lying, cheap attention seeking Sahara Reporters.

Shatap dia!!! So President media team done become 'free readers' association wey no go confirm news before making a statement. Mumu Reno depends on Sahara reporters? He could not put a call through to the Governors media team to get details?

Agbara shave your skull there.

This is why I maintain that Jona's media team is filled with dolts. It is a gathering of mumu people. As intelligent as Abati was, he has been turned 'tranformationed' into a mugu.

Jona fire Oronto Douglas and Omokri now!!!

1 Like

Re: How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead by Gbawe: 11:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
Odunnu:

Seriously? Do you understand that the Presidency and all levels of his team control the nation? How can it be tenable to proffer that an aide of GEJ has been 'misled' by a news agency ,regarding information dissemination, when said aide is a media advisor to the President?

Is Omokri paid to laze around and embarrass the president by speaking based on the 'second hand' submission of others or is he is supposed to be part of the effort to ensure the Presidency controls the flow of factual, truthful and accurate information the public can trust?

1 Like

Re: How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead by GARRIx7(m): 11:40pm On Oct 26, 2012
Odunnu:

Reno is an "innocent fool" for him to rely on Sahara Reporters (based in New-York) for something that happened @ his backyard....

By the way who told you he got the info from SR?? Did he quote SR as the source of his tweet.. Defending RENO makes me wanna call you a dumb person, but I won't because Ʊ'r a lady... grin grin

1 Like

Re: How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead by Nobody: 2:43am On Oct 27, 2012
Odunnu:

Madam..just say that is either a joke or you are just been sarcastic. I don't think that statement make sense.
Re: How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead by takedat(m): 6:15am On Oct 27, 2012
Gbawe:

Seriously? Do you understand that the Presidency and all levels of his team control the nation? How can it be tenable to proffer that an aide of GEJ has been 'misled' by a news agency ,regarding information dissemination, when said aide is a media advisor to the President?

Is Omokri paid to laze around and embarrass the president by speaking based on the 'second hand' submission of others or is he is supposed to be part of the effort to ensure the Presidency controls the flow of factual, truthful and accurate information the public can trust?
I wonder why GEJ has chosen to surround himself with mediocres. The same Reno Omokri was part of those who misled GEJ during his Independence day speech that Transparency International rated Nigeria highly in the fight against corruption, only for the bubble to burst on their lies before they claimed it was gotten from Business Day.
If truly Reno got this information from SR site, then Reno is a fool. He and the other useless media team of GEJ are very quick to tell Nigerians that SR is a fabricator of Lies only for them to always rely on SR.
For Sahara Reporters to even had an inkling of what transpired in Yola all the way from New York without the presidency knowing speaks volume.
Re: How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 27, 2012
Jarus: I won't blame the president for that, but Reno. At such level he should confirm something before tweeting - which is his job. I won't attribute it to SR either, Reno should have reliable sources and not depend on news medium like us. He is an advsier to president.
Egbon Jarus, so BEAF is still active on social media, pls convey our message to him, that we are anticipating his return.
Re: How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead by Odunnu: 7:57am On Oct 27, 2012
Yea, I get your points guys. Maybe it was even him that mislead SR cheesy
His words should be sure and not the 'hear say' regular folks are forced to take.

This is on the premise that he said it o.
Also that it isnt true.
I dont really trust these my brothers in the north again
Re: How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead by Odunnu: 7:58am On Oct 27, 2012
ogbeche77:
Egbon Jarus, so BEAF is still active on social media, pls convey our message to him, that we are anticipating his return.
Reno isnt Beaf
Re: How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 27, 2012
Odunnu:
Reno isnt Beaf
Then am living in the past, no longer current

1 Like

Re: How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead by petokey: 8:53am On Oct 27, 2012
When you guys say beaf, do you mean beaf meat?
Re: How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead by Aussie(m): 9:22am On Oct 27, 2012
petokey: When you guys say beaf, do you mean beaf meat?
Beaf meat
Maybe you just joined the politics section. Beaf used to be a personality that does not see anything bad in GEJ, he sees Jonathan as perfect and better than even Obama. I guess he has been banned.

1 Like

Re: How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead by jumobi1(m): 9:42am On Oct 27, 2012
Maybe Reno knows and told the truth before he was permitted to.
Remember Yar'Adua
Re: How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead by ubandire(m): 9:54am On Oct 27, 2012
Reno made a mistake,which could happen to anyone.But anybody trying to drag the presidency into this is obviously doing so for mischievous reasons.Needless remind us that's Reno's personal twitter handle and not presidential official twitter account.
Re: How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead by tchaik(m): 10:41am On Oct 27, 2012
Aussie:
Beaf meat
Maybe you just joined the politics section. Beaf used to be a personality that does not see anything bad in GEJ, he sees Jonathan as perfect and better than even Obama. I guess he has been banned.

BEAF Banned? You are kidding!

Gbawe and co made life unbearable for him, dude gotta run for dear life grin grin grin grin
Re: How The Presidency Misled The Whole Country, Pronouncing Gov.danbaba Suntai Dead by Elueme: 3:56pm On Oct 27, 2012
Was Reno the only one whose avatar tweeted RIP? Before reno's tweet, several of such tweets had emanated from NigeriaNewsdesk, Dino melaye , el Rufai and so many other tweeter voltrons. @ op, there is nothing special about reno's tweet compare with others. Everybody goofed but we thank God the story is different.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out GEJ Wen He As No Shoe........... / Obasanjo With U.S President, Jimmy Carter In 1978 / Boy Flaunts Pictures Of Foreign Currencies In A Shrine,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.