Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,394 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 (28598 Views)

Africa's Political Situation Is Caused By The Low IQ Of The People. / Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! / Tribute To Nigeria's Parable Of Integrity-general Muhammadu Buhari Is 69 Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 26, 2012
Lynn and Vanhanen (2006) accorded a national IQ of 69 to Nigeria. Here's the abstract of the paper

On the basis of several reviews of the literature, Lynn [Lynn, R., (2006). Race differences in intelligence: An evolutionary analysis. Augusta, GA:Washington Summit Publishers.] and Lynn and Vanhanen [Lynn, R., & Vanhanen, T., (2006). IQ and global inequality. Augusta, GA: Washington Summit Publishers.] concluded that the average IQ of the Black population of sub-Saharan Africa lies below 70.

In this paper, the authors systematically review published empirical data on the performance of Africans on the following IQ tests: Draw-A-Man (DAM)
test, Kaufman-Assessment Battery for Children (K-ABC), the Wechsler scales (WAIS & WISC), and several other IQ tests (but not the Raven's tests).

Inclusion and exclusion criteria are explicitly discussed. Results show that average IQ of Africans on these tests is approximately 82
when compared to UK norms.

We provide estimates of the average IQ per country and estimates on the basis of alternative inclusion criteria.

Our estimate of average IQ converges with the finding that national IQs of sub-Saharan African countries as predicted from several international studies of student achievement are around 82. It is suggested that this estimate should be considered in light of the Flynn Effect.

It is concluded that more psychometric studies are needed to address the issue of measurement bias of western IQ tests for Africans.

5 Likes

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 26, 2012
wicherts.socsci.uva.nl/wicherts2010IQAFR.pdf

1 Like

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by GARRIx7(m): 11:57pm On Oct 26, 2012
2nd 2 comment...... grin grin grin

Hmmm no wonder!!!!

What's GEJ's IQ??

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by gbogboti: 1:06am On Oct 27, 2012
Not bad!!! Kind of think its below that. Look around and you 'd agree with me.

2 Likes

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by ektbear: 1:36am On Oct 27, 2012
I think that this suggests that IQ tests don't measure intelligence well, then.

Isn't the cutoff for retardation like 70?

2 Likes

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Nobody: 3:23am On Oct 27, 2012
Is the IQ test written in Nigeria's language rather than english and based on things Nigerians understand?.

I reckon that at least a significant proportin of the total score would be influenced by these factors.

I wonder what the score of the average english man would be if the test was written in pidgin english and involved questions about popular nigerian pastimes? Do you think the english man could score upto 69?

47 Likes

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by semid4lyfe(m): 3:27am On Oct 27, 2012
This is the Conclusion of the paper:

The assertion that the average IQ of Africans is below 70 is not tenable, even under the most lenient of inclusion criteria

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Nobody: 5:47am On Oct 27, 2012
ekt_bear: I think that this suggests that IQ tests don't measure intelligence well, then.

Isn't the cutoff for retardation like 70?

Yes. I think the proper categorization below 70 is "definite feeble-mindedness". Then, there are subcategories. 69 is considered "mild mental retardation".

Anyway, I agree with your logic.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by ochukoccna: 6:44am On Oct 27, 2012
Black man, research about and know your history and you won't subscribe to any of this white man's bullsh@t in this white man's world system. cool cool
69 ko, 50 ni
Shior!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by geeez: 6:55am On Oct 27, 2012
When you look at the way our politicians handle some issues as well as some posts on Nairaland, especially that eeediot that said the Yoruba IQ is 70 and the Igbo IQ 103, you can't but agree less with this as a national average. Well personally I've done several IQ tests and my lowest was 115, highest 141. I don't quite agree though that it isn't a measure of intelligence as it is a cognitive test based on a national average.

4 Likes

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 27, 2012
I don't quite agree,white men always looking 4 ways to degrade blacks

10 Likes

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by acidtalk: 7:49am On Oct 27, 2012
Mr SEun and his moderators, I think it is high time you people start BANNING all those who comment attacking tribes and religion on this forum.

This nonesense is really getting out of hand. It is no where funny.

How can a nation be filled with such devilish mindsets of youth who will claim they are the leaders of tomorrow yet their actions and mentality is so shallow and filled with evil and hate for one another?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 27, 2012
What about HQ (Hustling Quotient)?

2 Likes

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Ifilinwa(f): 7:52am On Oct 27, 2012
Don't really understand.. Abi Nigeria as a person, or a country or d citizens or d development structures, or in terms of jobs or being literate?? With all dis things happening "The average IQ of Nigeria is not more than 20"
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by seunmustwac: 7:55am On Oct 27, 2012
Ifilinwa: Don't really understand.. Abi Nigerian as a person, or a country or d citizens or d development structures, or in terms of jobs or being literate?? With all dis things happening "The average IQ of Nigeria is not more than 20"

*Faints* e be like say some people sef - them no get IQ at all judging from their nairaland posts.

12 Likes

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by seunmustwac: 7:57am On Oct 27, 2012
geeez: When you look at the way our politicians handle some issues as well as some posts on Nairaland, especially that eeediot that said the Yoruba IQ is 70 and the Igbo IQ 103, you can't but agree less with this as a national average. Well personally I've done several IQ tests and my lowest was 115, highest 141. I don't quite agree though that it isn't a measure of intelligence as it is a cognitive test based on a national average.

Stop trying to act smart, i am sure your IQ no fit pass 41 highest. No Nigerian can cross 100 jare, stop lying. Even seun wey get nairaland sef, his IQ should be like 25, if not this site suppose don move forward - it is still wack.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by benebaby77: 7:57am On Oct 27, 2012
this eyinbo na mumu them be, no be that our 69 IQ na yahoo yahoo boy dey use to dupe u guy of highest IQ. Mtchwwwwwwwwwwww

16 Likes

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by seunmustwac: 7:58am On Oct 27, 2012
benebaby77: this eyinbo na mumu them be, no be that our 69 IQ na yahoo yahoo boy dey use to dupe u guy of highest IQ. Mtchwwwwwwwwwwww
No mind them jare, them wan reverse everything. Na them get IQ of 69, we get sense pass them walahi - see as our boys dey chop their money anyhow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by yunafa(f): 7:59am On Oct 27, 2012
This is slanderous. Nigerians are intelligent and we also have what is called EQ(emotional quotient) google it and it wld make sense why we are the way we are. These pple wld do anything to have eq and i learnt it's a new requirement for jobs in some countries already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by bigx(m): 7:59am On Oct 27, 2012
Stupid assumptions/ generalizations to make africans look sub-human as usual, no one came to measure my IQ, or that of my family, or friends.
Rubbbish!

7 Likes

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by seunmustwac: 8:01am On Oct 27, 2012
acidtalk: Mr SEun and his moderators, I think it is high time you people start BANNING all those who comment attacking tribes and religion on this forum.

This nonesense is really getting out of hand. It is no where funny.

How can a nation be filled with such devilish mindsets of youth who will claim they are the leaders of tomorrow yet their actions and mentality is so shallow and filled with evil and hate for one another?

All the nairaland admins have a collective IQ of like 30 (divide that by their total number), judging by the way they ban people, and the nonsense stuffs they put on the homepage atimes.

*Signs up for a new ID before them ban this one and throway key*

4 Likes

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Obiagu1(m): 8:04am On Oct 27, 2012
A beg Mr. Moderator, release my hidden post. I can't find any rule I violated.
Maybe my analysis did not favour your people but I was on point and I abused no one.

This is not Nazi era.

Maybe the entire thread should be deleted for an Oyibo man to assign Nigeria an IQ mark.

3 Likes

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by bid4rich(m): 8:05am On Oct 27, 2012
HNosegbe: What about HQ (Hustling Quotient)?

hahahahahahahahacheesycheesy i dey feel you man. May be they forgot. Ask them where is (YQ)yahoo-yahoo quotient, isnt that Intelligent too?

1 Like

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by GJames(m): 8:08am On Oct 27, 2012
@Genbuhari. I agree with u 100%. Anything agreed in the U.S, they make universal. I agree their IQ is higher, but no country in a Africa is above us. Drop the IQ test and test for creativity, you 'll be surprised at the result you get.

1 Like

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by seunmustwac: 8:09am On Oct 27, 2012
Obiagu1: A beg Mr. Moderator, release my hidden post. I can't find any rule I violated.
Maybe my analysis did not favour your people but I was on point and I abused no one.

This is not Nazi era.

Maybe the entire thread should be deleted for an Oyibo man to assign Nigeria an IQ mark.

This moderator has an IQ of like 5, for hiding your post.

1 Like

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by solomon111(m): 8:10am On Oct 27, 2012
Rubbish!!
Nobody conducted an IQ test on anybody i know.
Besides,69 is kinda low.

1 Like

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by seunmustwac: 8:13am On Oct 27, 2012
solomon111: Rubbish!!
Nobody conducted an IQ test on anybody i know.
Besides,69 is kinda low.
I also noticed something else too. It seems when measured at 2006 and 2007 - they got the same thing.
I no trust all these oyinbo people jare.

1 Like

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Chuks16(m): 8:14am On Oct 27, 2012
Ifilinwa: Don't really understand.. Abi Nigerian as a person, or a country or d citizens or d development structures, or in terms of jobs or being literate?? With all dis things happening "The average IQ of Nigeria is not more than 20"
and that means your IQ is nt upto 10. Cause you are below the average

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayose To FG: Keep Your TSA, We Are Not Interested. / Dan Orbih Storms Edo Police Station With Crowd Over 'Rice Diversion' / Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.