Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer (20094 Views)

Go After Killer Herdsmen: Buhari Orders CDS, IGP / Pictures From Shiites-Army Clash In Zaria, Many Feared Dead / Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Wadeoye(m): 12:24pm On Oct 27, 2012
Written by Isa Sa’idu, Kaduna
Friday, 26 October 2012 05:00
inShare.3SocButtons pluginThe police in Zaria have arrested one Uche Owunna, 30, of Port-Harcourt Road, Sabon Gari, Zaria who is believed to be behind the various assassinations that recently took place in Zaria, especially the killings of Igbos residing in the city; all in the name of Boko Haram.

The Kaduna State Command’s Public Relations Officer, DSP Aminu Lawal, had confirmed the arrest to Daily Trust yesterday, saying that the suspect is now being interrogated at the police state headquarters.

“A complainant came to report to us that somebody has threatened him. He said the person has directed him to pay certain amount of money or he will be killed. Having received that information, we went in and napped the suspect at the point of collecting the money.

“Investigation is ongoing and this would help us to get more information on the activities of the suspect,” DSP Lawal said.

However, a source that is close to the suspect, who craved for anonymity, told Daily Trust that Owunna was arrested on Tuesday by the police following a tipoff. The source said Owunna was arrested at a joint in Zaria when he went to collect the ransom he demanded.

The source said luck ran out of Owunna when he called one Samuel, an Igbo man, of Sabon Gari, Zaria on phone and told him that his name was Ibrahim.

“The suspect told Samuel that his name is on the list of Igbos to be killed in Zaria, saying that ‘for your gesture to me when I was young, I will not execute the mission. For that reason, I want you to pay N50, 000 only to stay alive’ the suspect told Samuel on phone,” the source said.

The source further explained that Owunna had told Samuel that his gang was behind the killing of Dr Ago, a medical doctor at Zaria Railways Hospital, who was killed along two others in Zaria last month.

“Having heard that the suspect’s name was Ibrahim, Samuel became apprehensive, thinking that it was Boko Haram. What came to Samuel’s mind was that Boko Haram are after him. Our belief here in Zaria is that all the assassinations that took place in Zaria were done by the Boko Haram. This was why Samuel went to report to police and they were lucky to have apprehended the man when he came for the money he demanded,” our source said.

It would be recalled that Zaria had of late became notorious for killing of innocent people where members of the Boko Haram are always blamed for the act.

Just last month three people, including the Medical Director of Railways Hospital, Zaria, were killed at a beer parlour in Sabon Gari, Zaria. Before that, a Zaria businessman and a mobile policeman were also killed in the same month.

The frequent killings led to the restriction of movement of motorbikes to 9pm. Also, that made Igbo communities in Kaduna and Zaria to down tool for some days by locking their shops.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news/179755-police-arrest-zaria-boko-haram-killer?device=iphone

6 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by ifeegee(f): 1:06pm On Oct 27, 2012
Oya! Where are the tribal war lords?Here is another thread to fan your fancy.......@OP.It is really pathetic,for one to degenerate into a conscience less being over a pantry sum.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Awake9ja(m): 3:18pm On Oct 27, 2012
source pls
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 27, 2012
Awake9ja: source pls
u blind?

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by IleIfe2(m): 4:32pm On Oct 27, 2012
Sharpest badt guys. grin grin grin grin grin
Odikwa serious business grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 27, 2012
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by ameer2: 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2012
ifee-gee:
Oya! Where are the tribal war lords,here is another thread to fan your fancy.......@OP.It is really pathetic,for one to degenerate into a conscience less being over a pantry sum.
my sister biko o,tek am easy abegiii
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by kabba7(m): 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b] Am not too surpriced about this, have always believed some of thhis killings are by Igbos hustling for money.
Quite ubfortunate though .

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 27, 2012
What a boring and cold saturday! "Yawns and walks sluggishly to bed"

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by misreal(m): 4:45pm On Oct 27, 2012
Signs of endtime.repent frm ur sins my ppl
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by NaijaNaWaa: 4:46pm On Oct 27, 2012
Only a capital fuuull will believe this crap.

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2012
Ibhoes are their own enemy in Naija.

I said sth about ibhoes being behind boko haram a few months ago. O ma se!

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by TheGeneral1(m): 4:50pm On Oct 27, 2012
How can one kill his own people?

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by OkwaIfugo(m): 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2012
OkwaIfugo Aka Olu Jehova
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2012
Poverty see wetin u dey cause
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by bowee4u: 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2012
angry angryI think is high time we igbos start cautioning each other, why do we have more horrible news coming from our ppl? angry

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by gbadexy(m): 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2012
I strongly suspect the dude was just boasting and trying to scare his last victim when he claimed responsibility for previous assassination of the medical doctor and the rest.
I feel he was trying to catch in on the crisis in the north and landed himself in serious wahala.
He would be tried for murder including that of a mopol officer!
RIP to this fool.

6 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by franchizy(m): 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2012
I have always said it that 90% of Boko Haram sects are igbos and christians. God is vindicating us the Muslims. More truth will come out. Insha Allah

10 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Gorrbachev: 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Gorrbachev: 4:58pm On Oct 27, 2012
gbadexy: I strongly suspect the dude was just boasting and trying to scare his last victim when he claimed responsibility for previous assassination of the medical doctor and the rest.
I feel he was trying to catch in on the crisis in the north and landed himself in serious wahala.
RIP to this fool.

Nice theory.........Oya pack well
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by mmmustapha(m): 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2012
grin grin grin I have said it b4 igbo man can do anything 2 enrich himself, am nt surprise @ all.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by DrWhizy(m): 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2012
franchizy: I have always said it that 90% of Boko Haram sects are igbos and christians. God is vindicating us the Muslims. More truth will come out. Insha Allah
can't stop laffn. Vindicate ko, vindicate ni. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by rawtruth(m): 5:16pm On Oct 27, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Which Boko haram would demand for fifty thousand naira and stay put to be arrested? The boy is a desperate criminal and should receive appropriate punishment for his crime.
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by samally: 5:18pm On Oct 27, 2012
gbadexy: I strongly suspect the dude was just boasting and trying to scare his last victim when he claimed responsibility for previous assassination of the medical doctor and the rest.
RIP to this fool.

Are you trying to defend him or what How many ibo's has been caught in arm smuggling to northern state..for you information it was that blew him and his families off when trying to set up bomb in Federal Low Cost in Borno state...am not surprise why Nigerian Government did'nt give them chance to rule Nigeria
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by onyeego(m): 5:24pm On Oct 27, 2012
franchizy: I have always said it that 90% of Boko Haram sects are igbos and christians. God is vindicating us the Muslims. More truth will come out. Insha Allah
See ya mouth like vindicate.
So because one "sharp" guy is seeing opportunity in the chos you created in the North all the Igbos and Christians are now boko-haram undecided

just imagine how you reason! Nama

12 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by tchaik(m): 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2012
bowee4u: angry angryI think is high time we igbos start cautioning each other, why do we have more horrible news coming from our ppl? angry

Onye a abughi onye igbo!

Biko gbachinuya nkiti

Ndi iberibe
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by epitome86: 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2012
the love for money is d root of all evil...imagine a boko haram imposter huntin is own p'ple
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 27, 2012
ifee-gee:
Oya! Where are the tribal war lords,here is another thread to fan your fancy.......@OP.It is really pathetic,for one to degenerate into a conscience less being over a pantry sum.

Extreme case of poor construction and application of good grammatical lexicon by this fellow.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 27, 2012
kabba7: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b] Am not too surpriced about this, have always believed some of thhis killings are by Igbos hustling for money.
Quite ubfortunate though .

Another incoherent write-up!
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by onyeego(m): 5:34pm On Oct 27, 2012
tchaik:

Onye a abughi onye igbo!

Biko gbachinuya nkiti

Ndi iberibe

Nwannem hapu ya, odika nkita tuwara mama ime tupu a mua ya
Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Super1759: 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2012
I don't believe this story. Infact,some things are better not said. No righting thinking fellow will engulf this without sporting the loopholes in the story. This is rubbish

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer by Charlesnerd: 5:37pm On Oct 27, 2012
Now how is this news front page worthy,if not to cause disaffection and drive traffic for the owners of nairaland.No one is denying the fact that this crime actually happened,it did happen,but the motive behind putting this on the front page is pretty obvious to the discerning mind and the strategy seems to be working,but for how long?.Sometimes one gets to wonder whether nairaland is meant to unite us a nation or divide us by inciting and pitting one ethnic group against the other . I want to believe the owner of nairaland wants a "fatwa" declared on him before he realises that he is not getting his priorities right.And maybe he would create an "igbo for igbos" section as a face saving measure like he did for muslims.

If you are lacking "quality" and newsworthy items,I can help out. For your information,am planning to rob the CBN and am Igbo by the way,I hope this makes the front page too.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Blogger Musa Babale Azare Arrested In Abuja For Criticising Governor / Dino Melaye's Assassination Attempt: Police Arrest Seven Suspects / Is Your State’s Water Board Still Functional?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.