Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,549 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:48 PM

Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. (13941 Views)

7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / God Is Not Looking At Your Sins To Judge You / Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by God4moi: 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2012
honeric01:

Did you check the bolded too? why should it be the priest and not to anyone else?

O boy read your bible properly jor. What was the first reference? ' Elders of the church' not just anybody the entire reference of 'one another' still refers to elders. And in the catholic setting that falls under the jurisdiction of the priest, bishops...

As a 'protestant' your elders may be your pastors and deacons and ...
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by UncleJJ(m): 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2012
Wether the protestants like it or not the catholics are and will always the first christains through our lord Jesus Christ.

Wether you like or disrespect the pope he still remaims the most powerful religious icon on earth.

Wether you like it or not catholics have the largest religious following in the world, our muslim brothers not sure which faction are second.

Catholics rules and regulations worth thousands of years. They know the true secrets of the world because they are part of the few groups had the guts to mould it and still remain in true service of God.

The catholic church owns a country, currency, economy.

The catholic church owns on of the most secure and biggest banks in the world and is the largest real estate owner in the world. Mcdonalds coming second.

The catholic church is in everything you do, just like the illuminati is in every hit rock,rap,country or blues you have on your electronics.

Leave the catholic church alone, cos it will still be called the catholic church when you move to next flavor of the week pentecostal church.

We dont die, we multiply.

2 Likes

Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2012
please u guys shuld stop mis-qoutin d Word.....always speak less than u know.
according to 2 peter 3:18 But grow in grace,and in d knowledge of our lord &saviour Jesus christ.To him be glory both now and for ever.Amen.
We are no longer living under the law cos if any man be in christ he is a new creature...psalm 82:6 also made it clear to us that "ye are gods;and all of you are children of the most high".Been a child of God is jst bn a co-heir to d throne,u can tap directly from d living source.The word also state clearly dat we shuld"come boldly to the throne of mercy" & also "come now,and let us reason together,saith the lord:though your sins be as scarlet,they shall be as white as snow;though they be red like crimson,they shall be as wool.
goin 2 a priest 4 confession of ones sin is absolutely wrong bcus we ar 2 reason wit God nt men.

1 Like

Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Smartiegurl(f): 12:35pm On Oct 28, 2012
[quote athor=God pickin]Moin all, Y do catholics find it hard to communicate?
If ur priest serves as ur confession box, dts ur bizyness
Everyone's opinionated.@ chukwudi44 Instead of explain u decided to
Take a jab @ a man who did u no wrong explaination wud Ave worked wonders. Its shows dt d
Catholic church is really full of pagans. As it were b4
Instead of taking ur nitwitted brain to seek knowledge.
U open ur stinking mouth to talk. Where were all of u
Wen d biggest scam was played on u by d vitcan?
Ask for wisdom. Dumb ass fool. [/quote] tell me,wat makes u nd chukwudi144 different now? U cal hm a fool 4getin d fact dat God 4bids us 2 cause one anoda, if u wanna correct som1 plz try 2 use d right words dear.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Smartiegurl(f): 12:40pm On Oct 28, 2012
God pickin: Moin all, Y do catholics find it hard to communicate?
If ur priest serves as ur confession box, dts ur bizyness
Everyone's opinionated.@ chukwudi44 Instead of explain u decided to
Take a jab @ a man who did u no wrong explaination wud Ave worked wonders. Its shows dt d
Catholic church is really full of pagans. As it were b4
Instead of taking ur nitwitted brain to seek knowledge.
U open ur stinking mouth to talk. Where were all of u
Wen d biggest scam was played on u by d vitcan?
Ask for wisdom. Dumb ass fool.
now tel me Mr. Wat makes u diffrent 4rm chukwudi? U call hm a fool 4getin d fact dat our God 4bids us nt 2 cause one anoda. Plz if u wana correct som1 try nd use d ryt word. We all ar children of God so y ar we persecuting one anoda? Wel i pray dat u all dat ar sayn sane thngs abt catholics wil also make heaven.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 28, 2012
omiobo:

May God forgive you in Jesus name. Amen! I just forgive for insulting man of God.

So it is okay for adeboye to bash the church of God?
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by God4moi: 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2012
Debbie.o:
Well speaking from facts and what I was told when I was a catholic, whta I noticed firstly about Catholics (even when we r all christains n no offends) is that they r always quick to defend themselves, without actually thinking it through) u have the bible yet u refuse to open ur eyes n see for your selves.back then when I was a catholic I was told, we confess our sins to the priest and he in turn, prays to God on our behalf.what ever happened to the passage of the bible that says,I am the way, the truth and the light, no one comes to the father accept through me.besides after confession, u will b told by the priest to say (it depends on ur sins though) 10 hail marys, 5 our father n 3 glory be to the father, prayer.bck then I rember in my hrt am lk, is that all, hummm.well bt thank God for the bible o.I read passages my self before I was convicted to leave.may God give u d eyes of understanding.I rest my case

Amen to your prayers. But you seem to shy away from all the bible verses sited where confession was instructed.

Hmm do I sense you know half truths? And as for your quote of jesus been the way the truth and the life. Did he also say I'm the 'only' way, 'only' truth and 'only' life. Or do you think he ommited the 'only'?
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 28, 2012
battnis: please u guys shuld stop mis-qoutin d Word.....always speak less than u know.
according to 2 peter 3:18 But grow in grace,and in d knowledge of our lord &saviour Jesus christ.To him be glory both now and for ever.Amen.
We are no longer living under the law cos if any man be in christ he is a new creature...psalm 82:6 also made it clear to us that "ye are gods;and all of you are children of the most high".Been a child of God is jst bn a co-heir to d throne,u can tap directly from d living source.The word also state clearly dat we shuld"come boldly to the throne of mercy" & also "come now,and let us reason together,saith the lord:though your sins be as scarlet,they shall be as white as snow;though they be red like crimson,they shall be as wool.
goin 2 a priest 4 confession of ones sin is absolutely wrong bcus we ar 2 reason wit God nt men.

Will you stop blabbing!! You heard clearly Jesus handing over the power to forgive sins to the apostles yet you are not satisfied.are you trying to say Jesus and James did not know what they were saying

1 Like

Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 28, 2012
When a man cannot confess his sins to God through his pastor but can pay his tithes to God through his pastor what is it called.

A.Hypocrisy

B.Stealing

C.Foolishness

D.All of the above

1 Like

Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by God4moi: 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2012
battnis: please u guys shuld stop mis-qoutin d Word.....always speak less than u know.

I hope your pastor chases away everyone that comes to him cos they have guilty conciense.

But if they do counselling in your religion then you're jst an attention seeking hypocrite. tongue
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by omiobo: 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2012
chukwudi44:

So it is okay for adeboye to bash the church of God?

Leave Him for God if they story is true. Bashing him doesn't not solve any issue but lead you to sin.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2012
omiobo:

Leave Him for God if they story is true. Bashing him doesn't not solve any issue but lead you to sin.

Why not advise adeboye to leave the catholic church for God before he commits sin
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by rasputin86: 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2012
[quote author=k2039]Jesus is the high priest. You should only confess to God and ask
him for forgiveness. No man who was
born like you and will die like you will
forgive you for your sins even if they say
they can.

If you offend someone you can confess to the person you offended for him to forgive you but the ultimate forgiveness comes from God(which means you still have to confess to God)

Bro but u do knel b4 men for prayers n blessings even wen they slap....y na? tot u cld go to God directly....

y do u pay ur tithe to ur pastor n nt take it to God's hauz as Mal 3:10 said?

Wake up sheep...Ur shepard just zoomed off in his JET... grin
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by intrepid: 12:57pm On Oct 28, 2012
Pdizzle: Although im a catholic, i read a lot of prostestant devotionals since we all serve the same God. On reading my open heavens this morning, i saw pastor Adeboye taking a jab at the catholics concerning the way they confess their sins to priests, saying penance does not grant you forgiveness.
We got discussing about it and we made reference to bible passages such as john 20:22-23 and james 5:14-16. Pls what are your opinions on these.
If Adeboye should enter a catholic church during confession where about 10000 faithfuls are preparing for the sacrament and he was given a chance to say this there,i tell you only about 5 ppl dia would be moved from going to that confessional...Why? Let him mind his biz and leave catholics alone. Its either he doesnt know anything about the Catholic Church or he's acting ignorant of the truth...AGAIN there's no need arguing wit protestants cos they's always protest..
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by greedie1(f): 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2012
chukwudi44: When a man cannot confess his sins to God through his pastor but can pay his tithes to God through his pastor what is it called.

A.Hypocrisy

B.Stealing

C.Foolishness

D.All of the above

D. All of the above!

1 Like

Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Spyker: 12:59pm On Oct 28, 2012
Nigeria pastors and critisms, I wonder what new thing they want to change. Yesterday they were against used of candles and olive oil, today they are criticising a doctrine they no nothing about. I wonder if Adeboye knows that the Bible was written and assembled by the Catholic church or that the only church in Isreal till today is Catholic. Pastor Adebayo should focus on his private business called a church and leave the Catholic church alone because even the gate of hell can not prevail against it.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by ifysimple(f): 12:59pm On Oct 28, 2012
They won't understand unless they ‎​aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ involved. By the way, lest i forget, I'm going ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̲̅ confession this weekend. ""Winks""

1 Like

Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by God4moi: 1:01pm On Oct 28, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Super1759: this is one rubbish I detest. I was born into a catholic family,I read my bible and condemned the trash.
1) I confess my sins to a man ,yet I pray to a God to bless me and guide me.if God can hear my prayers and bless me.why I should I go to man to tell my sins?

2) We are all human, and equal before God,if u like be d holiest. so d man am confessing my sins to,who does he confess his own to?

3) When you are born again,God gives you the holyspirit,meaning you have equal acces to the mercy seat. meaning I can boldly speak to God as my father and not a church leader.(The church leader is like a shephard,to win souls and guide the sheeps from falling astray)

4)The same power jesus gave his disciples and blessings..(Any sin you forgive is forgiven...u shall trample upon scorpions they won't harm...anything you command,in my name it is down..I have given you powers over all....) We all have same authorities,onces you believe in Jesus and born again,so when I sin,I confess to God,who gave me the authority not to my fellow man with thesame authority,so how do I know the person am confessing to is clean?

Ever since I grew into a man and read the bible with the help of the spirit,so many churches still practise irrelevant practises and because we are born into it,we believe it. Like I said here,I was born into a catholic home,my dad left because he saw most things they do as not inline with biblical doctrine.I grew up and now understand all that. Its high time we understand what we do,not just because our parents are there.
Pastors can counsel you and pray for you ( the bible sais,is anyone sick,let him meet the elders of the church)

If everyone was equal why did Jesus treate people differently. He had the 72 then the 12 then the 3 the his 'beloved'. Hmm equal indeed

Why would you need the guidiance of your equal if you're truly equal? Did Jesus say its the responsibility of the elders to preach the gospel and guide the sheep?

So why didn't Jesus say the sick person and his family should pray for themselves and they'll be healed? Why did he specifically say ' call elders'

You're confused bro!
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Washanga(m): 1:02pm On Oct 28, 2012
may be, he is nt reading his bible very well. or may be he is selective about the bible. or he is nt i christian at all. or even it could be that he wrote his own bible. cause he cant tell me that he has never came across in the bible, where it was said, 'recieve the holy spirit, whatever you bind on earth, or loose on earth, that it is bound or loosened in heaven.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Arcard(m): 1:04pm On Oct 28, 2012
Christian vs christian thread grin grin
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Smartiegurl(f): 1:08pm On Oct 28, 2012
God4moi:

You're confused bro!
lolzz! D dude is damn confused, he jst 4got dat a priest is also an elder in da church therefore he can councel u.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Emmy9898: 1:08pm On Oct 28, 2012
Debbie.o:
Well speaking from facts and what I was told when I was a catholic, whta I noticed firstly about Catholics (even when we r all christains n no offends) is that they r always quick to defend themselves, without actually thinking it through) u have the bible yet u refuse to open ur eyes n see for your selves.back then when I was a catholic I was told, we confess our sins to the priest and he in turn, prays to God on our behalf.what ever happened to the passage of the bible that says,I am the way, the truth and the light, no one comes to the father accept through me.besides after confession, u will b told by the priest to say (it depends on ur sins though) 10 hail marys, 5 our father n 3 glory be to the father, prayer.bck then I rember in my hrt am lk, is that all, hummm.[b]well bt thank God for the bible o.I read passages my self before I was convicted to leave.[/b][b][/b]may God give u d eyes of understanding.I rest my case

My dear, there are thousands of churches in Nigeria today partly due to thousands of misleading interpretations of the bible. So, I'm not too sure you are in a position to advice the poster on the basis of a certain passage of a certain bible you read and independently interpreted.

@ the poster:
Visit the nearest Catholic Church and talk to a priest. You will be glad you did. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by kutchs: 1:12pm On Oct 28, 2012
Though I hate making comments on religious issues, I must however say that sometimes I feel ashamed for pentecostals. Why they wont concentrate on leading their flock to God instead of constant and continuous attack on the Catholic Church beats me.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2012
God4moi:

I hope your pastor chases away everyone that comes to him cos they have guilty conciense.

But if they do counselling in your religion then you're jst an attention seeking hypocrite. tongue
hmmm common sense no common again ooo...ignorance of the highest order.arguing with a catholic brethern lyk u iz sym 2 pourin water into a basket..i rest my case
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Fiilosofer(m): 1:21pm On Oct 28, 2012
May God help us all 2 make heaven...
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2012
confessing your sins to a sinner priest who may also be a paedophile

madness !!

1 Like

Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by elampiro(m): 1:34pm On Oct 28, 2012
frosbel: confessing your sins to a sinner priest who may also be a paedophile

madness !!

The priest has his life and will be judge accordingly. But even the pope goes to confession. A priest confesses to another priest.

Lest I forget, most catholic priest are very holy. Forget about the news about some western priests who have misbehaved. Despite that they have expressed remorse, showed humility and are repentant.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Smartiegurl(f): 1:35pm On Oct 28, 2012
frosbel: confessing your sins to a sinner priest who may also be a paedophile

madness !!
may God 4giv u.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by uyplus(m): 1:42pm On Oct 28, 2012
4nnny sets of ppl called catholcs..burnin incense lik pagans, prayg repeated pryrs,countn rosaries n wearn scapulars 4protectn, so dey say, blvn in saints dt neva existed n honourn em(in their wrds), prayg thru mary n adore her,buildn statues n cryg on statues, kpn pryr request lik sh's omnipresent.and I 1da if allcathlcs pray thru her at 12pm worldwide, who wld sh listen to 1st?is sh omnipresent, omnipotent or omniscient?.onli God is.den dey nw tel u da pope is infallible!! Wot a blv..whr did God eva say ders a man amongst u who is sinless.. Catholiscm is pure idolatry..blvn in wot da bible neva stated.. Imagne a catholc frnd tryg 2convinc me dt mary ascended 2heaven? Fallacy, n heressy!
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by Smartiegurl(f): 1:46pm On Oct 28, 2012
uy plus: 4nnny sets of ppl called catholcs..burnin incense lik pagans, prayg repeated pryrs,countn rosaries n wearn scapulars 4protectn, so dey say, blvn in saints dt neva existed n honourn em(in their wrds), prayg thru mary n adore her,buildn statues n cryg on statues, kpn pryr request lik sh's omnipresent.and I 1da if allcathlcs pray thru her at 12pm worldwide, who wld sh listen to 1st?is sh omnipresent, omnipotent or omniscient?.onli God is.den dey nw tel u da pope is infallible!! Wot a blv..whr did God eva say ders a man amongst u who is sinless.. Catholiscm is pure idolatry..blvn in wot da bible neva stated.. Imagne a catholc frnd tryg 2convinc me dt mary ascended 2heaven? Fallacy, n heressy!
u got it all wrong dearie.
Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by uyplus(m): 2:02pm On Oct 28, 2012
Smartie gurl: u got it all wrong dearie.
Cn u constructively criticise whr I errred??I schld in a cath uni..got a lot of frnds who r cathlcs, n dey say ds n dat..buh I ask em questns 4clarifcatn, and dey alwys faulter..mary ws jst a vesssel of honour unto God.ws sh a miracle workr??NO!!..imagne teln me da bible ws written by cathlcs, wen da bible stated dt in the beginin ws da Word, n da Word ws wit God n da Word ws God.. Did da bible say da Word ws wit cathlcs?? Smh 4u folks.. Hope ur eyes gt wide open so u cn embrace da truth whole heartedly..stop goin to priest 2confesss, it is wrng!!u goto meeeet ur pastor 2jst agreeee wit u in pryrs, cos da bible said, wen 2 or 3r gatherd in hs name, he is der.. It shdnt b a routine thn...wen u feeeel u'v got a weak spirit, run 2a spiritual head 2agreee wit u in pryrs, nt confesss sins 2hm.. Is he God?

1 Like

Re: Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. by k2039: 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2012
rasputin86: Bro but u do knel b4 men for prayers n blessings
even wen they slap....y na? tot u cld go to God
directly.... y do u pay ur tithe to ur pastor n nt take it to
God's hauz as Mal 3:10 said? Wake up sheep...Ur shepard just zoomed off in his JET... grin

Goofball,I cant remeber telling you that I knelt before any man for prayer or blessing.

For your information I dont pay my tithe to any pastor.

For your ignorance,I need to enlighten you,my pastor doesnt use a jet.

slowpoke,next time post with your facts and not assumption

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Letter From One Of The Most Evil King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missiona / Pastor Chris Oyakilome's Phone Number / Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.