Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,064 members, 7,807,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue - Entertainment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue (20651 Views)

Pregnant Woman Beaten Up By Nurses / Adewale Ayuba Denies Being Beaten-up By Mobile Policemen / Adewale Ayuba Was Never Beaten-up In Ibadan - Eyewitness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by greaterlove(m): 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
ochukoccna: I quote the below from a succinct response by someone else on a thread earlier this year
Read and form you opinions
We may have screamed blue murder when the ALUU 4 fell but face it, Nigeria is a VERY VERY VIOLENT society
Many of us have this big man/I go show you/I go deal with you mindset
How many have not slapped/molested drivers and subordinate staff, workmen you oversee or people we beneath our social status undecided undecided
Its like its in our genes embarassed embarassed embarassed

https://www.nairaland.com/1055951/domestic-violence-frank-edoho-zaki#12291686
i read that post too then and it was right on point. the ALUU type incidence was something i saw regularly in the streets of lagos when growing up, violence is really a part of our society and until we really start addressing it and empowering those who are abused to seek justice in the court of law so as to discourage the abusers this type of incidence and others like it will continue to happen.

2 Likes

Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by ayee001: 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2012
Fuji musicians are generally known for showing up late at events. Some don't even show face at all. Meanwhile they always request for 100% upfront payment.
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by felifeli: 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
eduson55: hmmmmmmm,una no go tell me to stop now...
after beating me you say make i still dey do this..
cry

Who is this bloody pedo-phile
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by onatisi(m): 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
kamdyjenny: tongue
Abeg pity d guy evry body wan coment,nd make pple see their comment..so no be the guy fault,he gats some traits of patince Jonathan

kai ,i don die today for nairaland oooooooo
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by OkwaIfugo(m): 12:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
the other time it was Governor beating Nepa manager and now its Mopol.
Its like jungle justice is the best.
if so let the Senate approve it make i dey tear people like paper.
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by Jyde89: 12:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
preshuzpearl:

honestly, i always look the other side when people perform these gbagaun performances.but this one ehn? Chai. Its just too bad
free the guy abeg, e don talk say na typoo; wetin mek e do, abi e tell you say im be mama chali pikin?
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by bestower: 12:39pm On Oct 29, 2012
I swear it will be the end of the party for that day...how dare the fools in black uniform laid there dirty hands upon me will be better explain in the court by the foolish elite celebrant.Some certain circumstances might caused the lateness but he was never given an atom chance b4 they descend on him.arrant nonsense.foolsssss.
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by tonym1(m): 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
BEATING FOR TURNING UP LATE IS MADNESS OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.

HE IS A VERY COOL AND LEVEL HEADED GUY
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by Gabrielsylar(m): 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
This news is false........tommorrow adewale ayuba will release a press statement denying the news.....its no news to hear all sorts
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by informatix: 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
[size=14pt] If NOT for the Guest Mopol would have Aluued him? Did i hear u mention Aluu?[/size]
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by Princessaleeza: 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
I dont no y all dis fuji musician like come late 2 perform after there high charges. Next time he ll go 2 where he wants 2 perform early cos its annoying.
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by nerodenero: 1:19pm On Oct 29, 2012
Shaking my head for our country.Ayuba and organiser of the 'owambe' party shows the rot in our society.We openly embrace african time and anybody can bully others because of too-much-Kudi.I cant stop wondering how we got outselves into this mess.Honestly,I dont see any hope for this country.
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by codeine123: 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2012
Okija_juju: MORAL LESSON OF THE STORY: Dont F`uck with a Yoruba man and his orishirishi Owambe parties.. It might cost you your life..
Please brother reduce your level of tribalism.
smiley
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by Etumgbe(m): 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2012
cheiii moooopol
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by Lanreclassic(m): 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2012
All is well...I was so shocked when I got the full news too HERE
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by fijiano202(m): 1:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
Abeg pity d guy evry body wan coment,nd make pple see their comment..so no be the guy fault,he gats some traits of patince Jonathan

pls leave this guy alone,ur english is aweful ''patince,coment''
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by Jmkheart: 1:39pm On Oct 29, 2012
. L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L̳̿
Funny pple on Nairaland ooooooo
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by onatisi(m): 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
guys come to think of it ,why should you turn up late for a show ,that you have been paid almost a million for?nd we have to understand something about these fuji musicians some of them arrive so late for shows that they will only be able to play for just 2 hrs .meanwhile most of ur guest would have left the party by the time the artiste starts performing.this is common to almost all fuji music stars with the exception of obesere .
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by betabeta: 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
This story is a blatant lie. I attended the said party in Ibadan. The party was meant to start 12noon and end 6pm, Ayuba's boys were on ground early enough but Ayuba came in around 5PM when the major dignitaries were leaving the party venue. Though Ayuba's boys were harassed around 3PM, Ayuba himself was not touched as the security personnel shaded him when he came in. He apologized for coming late said it was due to the heavy traffic along lagos-ibadan express-way.
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by Cmingout(m): 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2012
so at his level he doesn't walk with bouncers.........em 4 help am colect some blows
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by anonimi: 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
betabeta: This story is a blatant lie. I attended the said party in Ibadan. The party was meant to start 12noon and end 6pm, Ayuba's boys were on ground early enough but Ayuba came in around 5PM when the major dignitaries were leaving the party venue. Though Ayuba's boys were harassed around 3PM, Ayuba himself was not touched as the security personnel shaded him when he came in. He apologized for coming late said it was due to the heavy traffic along lagos-ibadan express-way.

What do you mean by the bold part above
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by anonimi: 2:11pm On Oct 29, 2012
onatisi: guys come to think of it ,why should you turn up late for a show ,that you have been paid almost a million for?nd we have to understand something about these fuji musicians some of them arrive so late for shows that they will only be able to play for just 2 hrs .meanwhile most of ur guest would have left the party by the time the artiste starts performing.this is common to almost all fuji music stars with the exception of obesere .

The above reads like a justification for a "big man" to use Mopol, paid for by ALL taxpayers to settle a business deal gone sour - is it?
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by adenike3: 2:44pm On Oct 29, 2012
grin Oga gan o
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 29, 2012
you see why our Artistes Employ Hefty Looking wicked Bodyguards while going 4 a show Me, i no blame the Person wey Invite am, Na Ayuba i Blame.. 200-500k would have gotten him 10 hefty guys with big Chest.. I 4 see how Mopol go take beat am.. Going 4 a show as an Artiste in Nigeria means you have to arrange for your safety and security, if not, Touts, policemen will just mess you up.. NAAAAAAANNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEENSSSSSSS
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by fayawo: 3:13pm On Oct 29, 2012
When someone pays you for your services and you sign a written agreement you will be there at a certain time, it is a binding contract as far as the law is concerned here in US, you dare not mess around with the customer because you can be sued and you will have to pay through your nose.

Lastly, this attitude of Nigerian vendors/musician collecting money and sending one useless idiot for your event or showing up late is absolutely ridiculous..It is madness at its peak..

Ayubas case is not the first,musicians will always blame it on traffic! Learn to put yourself in the shoes of the person that has planned and prayed for a memorable event all his life.

Lets get realistic here mehn..

(Do not support beating though but I guess its because we do not have a court system)
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by Ariyke: 3:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
Nawa oshocked
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by onatisi(m): 3:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
anonimi:

The above reads like a justification for a "big man" to use Mopol, paid for by ALL taxpayers to settle a business deal gone sour - is it?
well lets just put it like this ,if i pay n artiste 2million nira to perform at an event for me and he arrives just an hour to the end of the programme ,i might be tempted to take some actions similar to the celebrant action in this case

1 Like

Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by channel801(f): 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2012
This is garage journalism. I was at the occasion which is the final burial ceremony of Pa Olatubosun Makinde where Gbenga Adeyinka was the compere. Even though everyone was justifiably disappointed for his coming late (he arrived 5:45pm for an event that was billed to start by 2) he was never beaten up.

Truely, his boys were driven from the stage where they were singing while waiting for him. Ayuba was made to apologise to the ecelebrant, Engr. Oluseyi Makinde, the GMD of Makon Engineering and Technical Services Lagos, where he told the celebrant that it was the hold-up on the Berger axis that caused his coming late. He added that he had to go through Abeokuta before he could make it to Ibadan.

While everyone was disappointed and enraged, the occasion was well managed (of course there were some altercation between the mobile policemen and "the boys"wink but he later mounted the stage and sang to the delights of all the remaining invited guests including the former Governor of Oyo State, Chief Rashidi Ladoja.

1 Like

Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by anonimi: 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
fayawo: When someone pays you for your services and you sign a written agreement you will be there at a certain time, it is a binding contract as far as the law is concerned here in US, you dare not mess around with the customer because you can be sued and you will have to pay through your nose.

Lastly, this attitude of Nigerian vendors/musician collecting money and sending one useless idiot for your event or showing up late is absolutely ridiculous..It is madness at its peak..

Ayubas case is not the first,musicians will always blame it on traffic! Learn to put yourself in the shoes of the person that has planned and prayed for a memorable event all his life.

Lets get realistic here mehn..

(Do not support beating though but I guess its because we do not have a court system)

Are you serious about the bold part?
Courts that have EVEN delivered judgement against the ruling parties and in favour of "opposition" parties
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by anonimi: 4:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
onatisi:
well lets just put it like this ,if i pay n artiste 2million nira to perform at an event for me and he arrives just an hour to the end of the programme ,i might be tempted to take some actions similar to the celebrant action in this case

And I hope that for your own sake you do not fall into that temptation.
There is a very thin line that distinguishes between animals and humans!
Remember ALUU
Re: Adewale Ayuba Beaten-up For Arriving Late At Performance Venue by staaari: 4:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
@channel801,

thanks for providing clear statement on this story.

It is sad that virtually very few people condemn the barbaric act of 'beating' someone by MOPOL.

No wonder Nigeria gratduated to Boko Haram. And it is distasteful to use the word 'Aluu'.

Imagine if those guys were ur friends or family members.

Nigerians by their acts deserve the country they have TODAY!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures: Well Endowed Super Model Shares Daring Pictures / Miss Bum Bum, Miss Pregnant And Miss Jumbo Queen: See 5 Bizarre Beauty Pegeantry / Pictures From Olden Days:A Must See!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.