Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics (10200 Views)

Nigeria’s Economy Choking Under Pangs Of Politics- Businessday / 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai / Bishop Kukah And His Brand Of Politics By Fr Enwerem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by Emeniyen: 6:57am On Oct 28, 2012

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, yesterday, stated that he might not be actively involved in politics any longer, saying “If I am not told, I know that I’m getting older.”

Obasanjo, the immediate past chairman of the PDP Board of Trustees (BoT), who made the declaration in Ibadan on Saturday while speaking at the first full South-West caucus meeting of the party, also attributed the downward trend in the fortunes of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to what he described as lack of sufficient discipline, just as he said the activities of the party in the last 14 years should be subjected to a review.

Speaking earlier in his welcome address, the PDP National Vice Chairman, South-West, Chief Segun Oni, said the essence of the meeting was to widen the consultation and participation base of the party to ensure that PDP in the zone became an all-inclusive party in line with its Reconciliation, Reformation and Rebuilding (3Rs) agenda of the Alhaji Bamanga Tukur leadership.

Oni, who said that the challenge before the party in the zone was to strengthen itself to meet the yearnings of the people for a change, asserted that “our people in the South-West have tested alternatives and are unhappy with the performance of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in all the five states remaining.”

Alluding to the failure of the party in the recent Ondo State governorship election, the former president said PDP was not disgraced in the election, adding that the party was rather successful in view of the plan by the opposition.

Stating that one cannot win always, Obasanjo said: “We cannot win always. We have voted in Ondo and the first important lesson we learnt from the exercise is that we must learn from our collective mistakes. We must do a post-mortem to know where our strength and our failure lie for the sake of the future. There is no perfect election, but since what happened in Ondo State cannot be changed, we must accept the outcome of the election,” he said.

On the issue of discipline, the former president said the idea of seeking for reconciliation after grave destruction was not acceptable, adding that “there must be discipline in this party. In any human organisation or association, there must be discipline.

PDP needed to be reviewed as a way forward. Both at the national, zonal and state levels, we should look at what we have done in the last 13 years or thereabout. Where are we coming from? Where are we and where are we going and who knows the road?”

He said discipline in the party hierarchy must start at the local level and not Abuja, urging all members to work collectively to ensure the correction of noticeable anomaly in the party

Clearing the air on the speculation that he was dumping PDP for another party, Obasanjo said it was not true that he was leaving, declaring that the party took him to all political attainments.

I still remain a PDP member but based on principle and morality. If and when we decide to rubbish principle and morality, I’ll decide to stand alone. We should not be found in a place where there is no principle, moral and spirit of service,” he said.

In that wise, he advised that estranged members of the party should be invited back into the fold, but cautioned that such people must be thoroughly screened as, according to him, some had gone to the extreme to damage and spoil the image of the party.

He also charged all party leaders across the zone to be more alive to their responsibilities in ensuring the sustenance and success of the party, charging the PDP leaders to work actively for the restructuring of the party.

“Nobody can do anything or attain any level purely on his/her own. When the dust is finally settled, there will be re-appraisal and re-assessment. Some people have to be there and you happened to be one of those people to be there but remember the home front,” he said.

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/front-page-articles/9003-i-am-getting-tired-of-politics-obj-says-pdp-lacks-discipline
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by Gbawe: 8:41am On Oct 28, 2012
It is pointless to keep reminding OBJ that he helped the PDP get to where it is today. He should just enjoy the numerous international roles he is now constantly sought for and leave Nigerian politics alone.

4 Likes

Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by homerac7: 11:13am On Oct 28, 2012
how do you define a hypocrite again?..... undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by oshyno(m): 11:27am On Oct 28, 2012
A hypocrite preaches one thing and does sometin else like d acclaimed progressive.

1 Like

Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by homerac7: 12:04pm On Oct 28, 2012
oh! guess "we r all casualties" then.

aknowldgement to Prof Wole "Kongi" Shoyinka
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by londoner: 12:11pm On Oct 28, 2012
PDP lacks discipline = PDP is no longer carrying out my orders

2 Likes

Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by GARRIx7(m): 12:38pm On Oct 28, 2012
“our people in the South-West have tested alternatives and are unhappy with the performance of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in all the five states remaining.”

I pity any f00l in SW who votes for PDP. These bloodsuckers are hell-bent on destroying the SW...

3 Likes

Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by GARRIx7(m): 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2012
Viewing this topic: mukina2 , GARRI (x7)
Good day....Madam
grin grin
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by mu2sa2: 12:45pm On Oct 28, 2012
Morality in pdp? When, how, where?
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 28, 2012
I KNOW THAT I AM GETTING OLDER ? ERMM NO YOU ARE A FOSSIL

2 Likes

Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by juman(m): 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2012
Hiss
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by gemini35(m): 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2012
[b][/b]i, dey laugh in chines,he will never retire,obj like money more than igbo,he will still be remoting this country one way or the other, from the comfort o
f his house,i, hate him for saling bakassi to cameroun.
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 28, 2012
If he's tired he can go ' Gangnam Style '. At least he will be occupied with something to rejuvenate his life with.
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by PaulJohn1: 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2012
GARRI (x7):

I pity any f00l in SW who votes for PDP. These bloodsuckers are hell-bent on destroying the SW...
Our vote shouldn't be based on the party, but the flag bearer's personality and records.
But mehn, any PDP flag bearer can be trusted in the S/West. Those guys are crook, it's in their blood.
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by swaggerboi2011: 1:00pm On Oct 28, 2012
nonsense
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by Akosbaba(m): 1:01pm On Oct 28, 2012
"We cannot win always".if only he truly meant that.if only he truly meant it.
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by ZeusI: 1:04pm On Oct 28, 2012
As i'm bracing-up for politics in years to come, i would very much; love Cheif Olusegun Obasanjo(Baba[son of Obi of Onisha]) to be my political mentor. I will state it again, in the realm of 'real-politics', no African leader can be compared to OBJ. Never the feeble kind nor is he of faint-hearted type, this is a man who single-handedly snatched power from the almighty 'Northerners', and crushed the titans who swore that 'tele-communication' will never be evolved from its 'rich man alone' syndrome. OBJ is 'a god' sent by God to teach those willing to learn the ways of true 'self-dependent' and 'will of steel', and i will forever thank God for bringing his type t the sight of my generation. Learn if you have understanding. No wonder the international community(who sees the real talent of this man) saw it fit to have him render them service while 'the fools' we(they actually) hold in high regards waste away without a trace in international stage. Baba! May you live longer than those accursed barbarians.

7 Likes

Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by blueheart(m): 1:08pm On Oct 28, 2012
Can a tiger change its Tigeritude? Hell no
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 28, 2012
So wetin make I come do now as you wan retire? Make I go slap Oledepo?
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by Super1759: 1:11pm On Oct 28, 2012
obj shouldn't be told to go and rest, then ibb,buhari and other crooks should do same. let them go and rest lets know our problem sef.
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by ayobase(m): 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2012
PDP or NOT.
Retiring or NOT.
Hypocrite or NOT.
OBJ or NOT.
Hate him or NOT.
He has really tried and gave his quota to the growth and development of Nigeria....its a m to be reckoned with anytime, anyday, and anywhere.....NOBODY is PERFECT of COURSE!
He remains a hero in Naija poltics and beyond her boundaries......imagine Nigeria having a young OBJ again!

3 Likes

Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by ayobase(m): 1:21pm On Oct 28, 2012
berem: So wetin make I come do now as you wan retire?
Always keep it simple!
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by chucky234(m): 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2012
People might see it differently but OBJ has done much more for this country in the 8yrs he was in power than the present crop of people in govt,its high time you quit and leave the political arena for the young and up coming politicians to prove their mettle.
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by otokx(m): 1:23pm On Oct 28, 2012
Since he lies that he is getting tired of politics, let him get ready for house imprisonment. Truth be told though this guy is trying to do another comeback and the first step is to tell people that he is a spent dog. OBJ we are waiting for you.
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by princemedico: 1:28pm On Oct 28, 2012
Paul John:
Our vote shouldn't be based on the party, but the flag bearer's personality and records.
But mehn, any PDP flag bearer can be trusted in the S/West. Those guys are crook, it's in their blood.
I think we have had enough of PDP, it seems all political candidates are blind and wicked at heart. So, where by it seems we are stuck with them we should just be trying them 'party-wise'. I would be crazy to vote even my best friend if he should run under PDP.
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by bory09(m): 1:35pm On Oct 28, 2012
gemini35: [b][/b]i, dey laugh in chines,he will never retire,obj like money more than igbo,he will still be remoting this country one way or the other, from the comfort o
f his house,i, hate him for saling bakassi to cameroun.
guy we no dey war na why you dey bombard us with all this english se we offend u ni. As for OBJ politics is not his father business. So surely he will quit one day no matter how long it takes OBJ is no more younger he need to rest and continue with other things especially kingdom of God
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by kpozite(m): 1:35pm On Oct 28, 2012
Emeniyen: Stating that one cannot win always, Obasanjo said: “We cannot win always. We have voted in Ondo and the first important lesson we learnt from the exercise is that we must learn from our collective mistakes. We must do a post-mortem to know where our strength and our failure lie for the sake of the future. There is no perfect election, but since what happened in Ondo State cannot be changed, we must accept the outcome of the election,” he said.

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/front-page-articles/9003-i-am-getting-tired-of-politics-obj-says-pdp-lacks-discipline

@bolded I'm surprised at this coming from Obj a man who believed in winning at all cost. Indeed he is ageing

1 Like

Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by PaulJohn1: 1:37pm On Oct 28, 2012
princemedico:
I think we have had enough of PDP, it seems all political candidates are blind and wicked at heart. So, where by it seems we are stuck with them we should just be trying them 'party-wise'.

You're right.

This your last sentence made me Lol grin grin
princemedico: I would be crazy to vote even my best friend if he should run under PDP.
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by koruji(m): 1:39pm On Oct 28, 2012
Oni is putting PDP on his cockroach-horse in the SW. Let them enjoy their non-ride!
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by dridowu: 1:51pm On Oct 28, 2012
Am also getting tired of NIGERIA
Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by taharqa: 1:57pm On Oct 28, 2012
PDP, ACN, CPC, ANPP- what is d difference?

1 Like

Re: OBJ - I'm Getting Tired Of Politics by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 28, 2012
obadiah777: I KNOW THAT I AM GETTING OLDER ? ERMM NO YOU ARE A FOSSIL

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari / FG Takes 20% Equity In Abia Economic City, Says Ikpeazu. / Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.