Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! (3801 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Irritating Things Nigerian Guys Do That Turn Ladies Off / Why Do Some/most Nigerian Girls Fall Easily For Guys With Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 28, 2012
Why Most Nigerian Ladies May End Up Single For Life

It is no doubt that Nigerian men love their Nigerian women so much, but recently, the Nigerian male folks of the 21st century are becoming disappointed with their women for so many reasons, and they are really crying everywhere, and wishing and hoping for a change that refuses to come just as change refused to come into Nigeria’s electricity power supply; though we are still praying and preaching for this change to come soon, and we believe it will soonest.

Everywhere you go- social network sites, blogs, chatrooms, corporate offices, churches, homes, gym centers, parks, clubs, classrooms, etc, Nigerian men of all ages are crying of the recent decay in attitude, manner, culture, moral uprightness, etc amongst the Nigerian females of the 21st century. This alone is an obvious sign that there’s fire on the mountain, and yet the females refused to run.

I hear Nigerian ladies complain that there are no marriageable men again in Nigeria of today as compared to the past, but unfortunately, there are more marriageable men in Nigeria of today than in the past. In fact, there are millions of well to do single guys wishing, and desiring to marry, but there are no or few worthy single ladies to lay hands on for this life time commitment called marriage.

There are thousands if not millions of guys with an average income of 150k (150thousand naira) a month in Nigeria of today, who are of marriageable age too, but majority of these guys are not even thinking of marriage in the nearest future, why?.....continued.....

It is so disheartening that most rich single guys in Nigeria hardly think of getting married, while the few that do finally take the bold step of getting married, are majorly those coerced into marriage by their parents, family and probably society pressure....continued...

In a summary, below are some of the reasons why most Nigerian ladies may end up single for life if they fail to adjust urgently.

......continued.....

4. Excessive makeup turns most decent and serious-minded men off- if you have observed, you will discover that most men dislike excessive makeup, and more don’t even like it at all; reason they often times discourage their true loved ones to do away with it cos it speaks ill of a lady even though so many men will applaud and complement you for looking like an Egyptian mummy. A slight makeup is okay; but if you are out for marriage, try always to look simple and natural, it will attract better men, decent and serious-minded, except you are still living in your high school life and not thinking towards marriage.

5. Cut Down Your Participation in social network sites- if possible, close your facebook and twitter accounts because they may be doing you more harm than good, but you wouldn’t know until you hit 35yrs plus and still single and searching. If you cannot maintain a sizeable number of vital friends and family members as friends on your facebook, twitter, etc accounts, then you need to close the account and focus with your offline life. No man would want to marry a lady who jumps from one social network site to another because it is a clear sign of an unfaithful lady or about to be unfaithful lady, yes, that’s how men view it. Who are you to have a thousand friends on facebook, same on twitter, maybe on wassap, 2go, twoo, BBM, badoo, eskimi, etc?

6. Stop Giving Your Number Out To Every Dick & Harry! No man would want to propose marriage to a lady whose phone is always talking and laughing with unserious calls. You may not be a playgirl, but he would judge you as one, and will likely flee at the slightest chance or disagreement.

7. You Don’t Bring Any Value Into The Life Of Men You Date or Are Dating- because your best friend married without contributing anything to the man that finally married her, doesn’t mean it will work for you that way. Think, work towards equipping yourself so that you can be a value and also add value to his life to convince him that you are worth committing to. Adding value to his life isn’t by giving him money, or material gifts, nope….good counsels, being his best friend, helping him attain his goals in life, lending him moral, mental and spiritual support, and by not just being a liability that only bring requests and problems to be solved.

8. Your Friends Run Your Life- how do you expect to find a husband when you still allow your clique of friends to be dictating which man you meet is worthy of your love and which is not? When will you wake up and face the fact that those your best friends even though they cherish you, wouldn’t want you to marry before them or to marry the best man?

9. You Move Around In Group- often times, you miss the advance of a good decent man when you move in group, be wise. Again, men don’t always fancy ladies that move around in group because most ladies can only be reasonable when you separate them from their group of friends.

10. You Give Everything Out During Dating- As a single lady who has not been taken to the altar, you need to reserve some things for your husband to be, especially your body, respect it and preserve it at all cost.....continued.....

11. You Package Yourself Wrongly- in your attempt to look sexy, adorable and maybe appealing to guys, you have derailed from appealing to appalling. In fact you look more whorish than modest; more distractive than attractive, and more disgusting than adorable. Your dressing style determines who gets attracted to you most times. If you dress high school, only high school-thinking guys will be attracted to you, and if you dress excessively sexy and provocative, only randy men will come to you for urgent satisfaction of their immediate sex urge, so don’t be fooled by media hyping of certain kinds of dressing, they are meant for kinds of ladies. Remember, not all clothes that look sexy are good for a seriously searching for a soul mate single lady.

12. Your Role Models Are Totally Strange And Bad! If you want to be a great woman tomorrow, start now to emulate great women- study their foot parts, their lifestyle, their ways and try to inculcate their lifestyle into yours. Stop looking up to music stars and fake celebrity ladies, etc as your only role model in life. What happened to looking up to women like- Ngozi Okonjoiweala, Oby Ezekwesili, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Sen. Dabiri, Sang Suu Kyi, Hilary Clinton, Michele Obama, etc? Stop glueing your eyes on fashion TV, Fashion One, Big Brother TV Show, E! etc, and start now....continued....

Read full article here: http://..com/

Good luck in your search for true love and do have a lovely sunday smiley

6 Likes

Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by MissCorrection: 11:21am On Oct 28, 2012
DailyyNewss: Why Most Nigerian Ladies May End Up Single For Life

It is no doubt that Nigerian men love their Nigerian women so much, but recently, the Nigerian male folks of the 21st century are becoming disappointed with their women for so many reasons, and they are really crying everywhere, and wishing and hoping for a change that refuses to come just as change refused to come into Nigeria’s electricity power supply; though we are still praying and preaching for this change to come soon, and we believe it will soonest.

Everywhere you go- social network sites, blogs, chatrooms, corporate offices, churches, homes, gym centers, parks, clubs, classrooms, etc, Nigerian men of all ages are crying of the recent decay in attitude, manner, culture, moral uprightness, etc amongst the Nigerian females of the 21st century. This alone is an obvious sign that there’s fire on the mountain, and yet the females refused to run.

I hear Nigerian ladies complain that there are no marriageable men again in Nigeria of today as compared to the past, but unfortunately, there are more marriageable men in Nigeria of today than in the past. In fact, there are millions of well to do single guys wishing, and desiring to marry, but there are no or few worthy single ladies to lay hands on for this life time commitment called marriage.

There are thousands if not millions of guys with an average income of 150k (150thousand naira) a month in Nigeria of today, who are of marriageable age too, but majority of these guys are not even thinking of marriage in the nearest future, why?.....continued.....

It is so disheartening that most rich single guys in Nigeria hardly think of getting married, while the few that do finally take the bold step of getting married, are majorly those coerced into marriage by their parents, family and probably society pressure....continued...

In a summary, below are some of the reasons why most Nigerian ladies may end up single for life if they fail to adjust urgently.

4. Excessive makeup turns most decent and serious-minded men off- if you have observed, you will discover that most men dislike excessive makeup, and more don’t even like it at all; reason they often times discourage their true loved ones to do away with it cos it speaks ill of a lady even though so many men will applaud and complement you for looking like an Egyptian mummy. A slight makeup is okay; but if you are out for marriage, try always to look simple and natural, it will attract better men, decent and serious-minded, except you are still living in your high school life and not thinking towards marriage.

5. Cut Down Your Participation in social network sites- if possible, close your facebook and twitter accounts because they may be doing you more harm than good, but you wouldn’t know until you hit 35yrs plus and still single and searching. If you cannot maintain a sizeable number of vital friends and family members as friends on your facebook, twitter, etc accounts, then you need to close the account and focus with your offline life. No man would want to marry a lady who jumps from one social network site to another because it is a clear sign of an unfaithful lady or about to be unfaithful lady, yes, that’s how men view it. Who are you to have a thousand friends on facebook, same on twitter, maybe on wassap, 2go, twoo, BBM, badoo, eskimi, etc?

6. Stop Giving Your Number Out To Every Dick & Harry! No man would want to propose marriage to a lady whose phone is always talking and laughing with unserious calls. You may not be a playgirl, but he would judge you as one, and will likely flee at the slightest chance or disagreement.

7. You Don’t Bring Any Value Into The Life Of Men You Date or Are Dating- because your best friend married without contributing anything to the man that finally married her, doesn’t mean it will work for you that way. Think, work towards equipping yourself so that you can be a value and also add value to his life to convince him that you are worth committing to. Adding value to his life isn’t by giving him money, or material gifts, nope….good counsels, being his best friend, helping him attain his goals in life, lending him moral, mental and spiritual support, and by not just being a liability that only bring requests and problems to be solved.

8. Your Friends Run Your Life- how do you expect to find a husband when you still allow your clique of friends to be dictating which man you meet is worthy of your love and which is not? When will you wake up and face the fact that those your best friends even though they cherish you, wouldn’t want you to marry before them or to marry the best man?

9. You Move Around In Group- often times, you miss the advance of a good decent man when you move in group, be wise. Again, men don’t always fancy ladies that move around in group because most ladies can only be reasonable when you separate them from their group of friends.

10. You Give Everything Out During Dating- As a single lady who has not been taken to the altar, you need to reserve some things for your husband to be, especially your body, respect it and preserve it at all cost.....continued.....

11. You Package Yourself Wrongly- in your attempt to look sexy, adorable and maybe appealing to guys, you have derailed from appealing to appalling. In fact you look more whorish than modest; more distractive than attractive, and more disgusting than adorable. Your dressing style determines who gets attracted to you most times. If you dress high school, only high school-thinking guys will be attracted to you, and if you dress excessively sexy and provocative, only randy men will come to you for urgent satisfaction of their immediate sex urge, so don’t be fooled by media hyping of certain kinds of dressing, they are meant for kinds of ladies. Remember, not all clothes that look sexy are good for a seriously searching for a soul mate single lady.

12. Your Role Models Are Totally Strange And Bad! If you want to be a great woman tomorrow, start now to emulate great women- study their foot parts, their lifestyle, their ways and try to inculcate their lifestyle into yours. Stop looking up to music stars and fake celebrity ladies, etc as your only role model in life. What happened to looking up to women like- Ngozi Okonjoiweala, Oby Ezekwesili, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Sen. Dabiri, Sang Suu Kyi, Hilary Clinton, Michele Obama, etc? Stop glueing your eyes on fashion TV, Fashion One, Big Brother TV Show, E! etc, and start now....continued....

Read full article here: http://..com/

Good luck in your search for true love and do have a lovely sunday smiley

1 Like

Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by 190theclown: 11:26am On Oct 28, 2012
You Don’t Bring Any Value Into The Life Of Men You Date or Are Dating- because your best friend married without contributing anything to the man that finally married her, doesn’t mean it will work for you that way. Think, work towards equipping yourself so that you can be a value and also add value to his life to convince him that you are worth committing to. Adding value to his life isn’t by giving him money, or material gifts, nope….good counsels, being his best friend, helping him attain his goals in life, lending him moral, mental and spiritual support, and by not just being a liability that only bring requests and problems to be solved.

sadly most now-adays nigerian girls these days dont add any value to that of their men!
atleast the ones i know
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by greedie1(f): 12:28pm On Oct 28, 2012
Dailynews, have you found true love??

1 Like

Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 28, 2012
^ lipsrsealed
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by greedie1(f): 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2012
DailyyNewss: ^ lipsrsealed

answer nah......
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by 190theclown: 12:54pm On Oct 28, 2012
^forwhere!

Nah congee wan puff my guy so grin grin
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by adewasco2k(m): 1:06pm On Oct 28, 2012
I think I almost totally agree with the poster! Personally, recently I haven't seen a lot of girls with marriageable attitude....most girls have lost it, they can't differentiate between a guy who wants se.x and a serious guy...they get easily confuse especially when the dude is financially comfortable....if they met such a guy they start going to church praying he settle down with them! Funny enough I met a very perfect girl, but i was not serious, hooked her up with my friend and can't believe they are getting married already..lol...happy for them tho (tho I still wish....)
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by MissCorrection: 1:08pm On Oct 28, 2012
adewasco2k: I think I almost totally agree with the poster! Personally, recently I haven't seen a lot of girls with marriageable attitude....most girls have lost it, they can't differentiate between a guy who wants se.x and a serious guy...they get easy confuse especially when the dude is financially comfortable....if they met such a guy they start going to church praying he settle down with them! Funny enough I met a very perfect girl, but i was not serious, hooked her up with my friend and can't believe they are getting married already..lol...happy for them tho (tho I still wish....)

Easily
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by adewasco2k(m): 1:44pm On Oct 28, 2012
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by adewasco2k(m): 1:44pm On Oct 28, 2012
@Misscorrection: lol #typo
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by shizzle11(m): 3:12pm On Oct 28, 2012
I love the part on wearing excessive make-up.

Kai! Some gels go put make-up sotee dem go resemble winch espeshally dat (how dem dey call am sef) eye lash abi na eye brow wey dey make dem resemble ogbanje like goldie...walahi dat one is so so irritating and disgusting

Modesty is best.

Erhhm...op, on role models he-he...lol

Most girls here will smack your head with frying pan if they set eyes on you for asking them to stop watching E!, ftv, style etc

Only a handful will aspire or have role models like the ones you mentioned.

Abi I lie?
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by ITbomb(m): 4:29pm On Oct 28, 2012
he has come again. what is the essence of ban?

1 Like

Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by KingSolomonI: 4:44pm On Oct 28, 2012
Number 7 and Number 10 is a major culprit.
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by claremont(m): 4:50pm On Oct 28, 2012
I think I'm beginning to fancy this Miss Correction lady! grin
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by MissCorrection: 5:14pm On Oct 28, 2012
claremont: I think I'm beginning to fancy this Miss Correction lady! grin

kiss
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by omotola1(m): 5:29pm On Oct 28, 2012
MissCorrection:

Easily
You are doing a good ‘jobs‘, keep ‘correctioning‘ them.
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by greedie1(f): 5:36pm On Oct 28, 2012
MissCorrection:

kiss
ohmy.... I thought you were a robot? So you have feelings and enjoy compliments and flattery? Wonders...
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by MissCorrection: 5:42pm On Oct 28, 2012
gree-die:

ohmy.... I thought you were a robot? So you have feelings and enjoy compliments and flattery? Wonders...

embarassed
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by fairygeh(f): 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2012
gree-die:

. OMG dis comment got me laughing cheesy
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by tpia1: 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2012
12. Your Role Models Are Totally Strange And Bad!

serious problem!!!!
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by Tyche(m): 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
Aside number 7, others are www.talesByMoonlight.com .
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by tpia1: 8:27pm On Nov 15, 2012
the number of single guys on nl is more than the number of single ladies, i think.

why is that?

is it because there's a corresponding ratio of more males than females here?

single meaning not in a relationship and no girlfriend talkless fiancee or wife.
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:56pm On Nov 15, 2012
Following the topic....
tpia1: the number of single guys on nl is more than the number of single ladies, i think.

why is that?

is it because there's a corresponding ratio of more males than females here?

single meaning not in a relationship and no girlfriend talkless fiancee or wife.
Coz all the ladies on nl use excessive makeup so guys r not interested...

Well me think so
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by chiegemba(f): 11:10pm On Nov 15, 2012
Hahahahaha......lwkmd on all d comments! grin
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by tpia1: 11:44pm On Nov 15, 2012
Maybe they've taken a vow of bachelorhood?
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by tpia1: 11:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
But i think fear is a large part of the situation sha.
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by rightlagos: 4:32am On Nov 16, 2012
100 likes for dis wonderful athread. Sadly, many may not want 2 agree wit d bitter truth. D African values keep falling while our youth esp girls keep aping western lifestyle. Many girls are more interested in discussing weird/hot topics than discussing gud family/marital life.
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by chiegemba(f): 5:35am On Nov 16, 2012
rightlagos: 100 likes for dis wonderful athread. Sadly, many may not want 2 agree wit d bitter truth. D African values keep falling while our youth esp girls keep aping western lifestyle. Many girls are more interested in discussing weird/hot topics than discussing gud family/marital life.

Many girls? & r d guys d ones interested in discussing gud family/marital life? I beg 2 differ.....i think it goes both ways....
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:55am On Nov 16, 2012
rightlagos: 100 likes for dis wonderful athread. Sadly, many may not want 2 agree wit d bitter truth. D African values keep falling while our youth esp girls keep aping western lifestyle. Many girls are more interested in discussing weird/hot topics than discussing gud family/marital life.

Guys want to impress girls with fancy gadgets and cars,actually they r leaders of hot sexu al topics than girls.
Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by candieangel12(f): 9:12am On Nov 16, 2012
All these NL guys that are always ranting Naija girls did this and Naija girls didnt do this. Nawa ooo, free us joor. Most of una are woman wrapper, coming here to claim rubbish. After complaining, you all will still date and marry Naija girls. angry

1 Like

Re: Untold Secrets Why Most Nigerian Guys Are Single! by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:22am On Nov 16, 2012
candieangel12: All these NL guys that are always ranting Naija girls did this and Naija girls didnt do this. Nawa ooo, free us joor. Most of una are woman wrapper, coming here to claim rubbish. After complaining, you all will still date and marry Naija girls. angry
She said it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Man With Most Redish Lip. Ladies Would Love To Kiss This Guy / Was This Guy Wrong For Refusing To Buy Dinner For His Date's Kids?? / What's Your 1st Betrayal (share Yours)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.