Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,837 members, 7,802,682 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL (69771 Views)

Man Smashes His £100,000 BMW M6 In Protest About Car’s Reliability / Mercedes Benz C200 W202 Vs Honda Accord Ex I4 / Reliability Of Mercedes Benz C240/c320 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by auhanson(m): 3:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
ziccoit:

Thanks au.hanson, I will look into what you said.

Meanwhile, the CCU is actually faulty. The unit is as good as not functioning. The display is gone. The buttons are not working. When the car came, it was wired to a component the rewire called "flash" to make the ac work. I have to ask them to reverse the wiring "work", knowing fully well the CCU is bad. I don't want them to spoil my AC system.

Thanks.

Ok, then change the bad component first before touching any other thing,who knows if the system just needed that alone to function well. You are welcome
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 27, 2014
Pafestula here is the thread
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by praxisnetworks: 6:06am On Mar 11, 2015
shoppyanno, aikerism...brightcom,coefficient...emmyz09, hotice01, kewt, nakoks, wmd,
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by weyreypey: 8:18am On Jun 04, 2015
praxisnetworks:
shoppyanno, aikerism...brightcom,coefficient...emmyz09, hotice01, kewt, nakoks, wmd,
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by Giftedstan(m): 10:56pm On Aug 06, 2015
Good day sirs ! Plz I mostly drive my mum c180 elegance, don't know the year . when the gears engages it produces a jack n sound simultaneously like it just climbed a bumb; plz what could be the problem. Thanks ... ( I'm a fan of HONDA expecially& Nissan but of lately I'm beginning to fall for MB cos of its stability @even 135 but my only issue is it lag I.e not smart like the Honda manual I've driven when I stepped on my pedal for quick/fast movement not until it gets to 60km & above which irritate as I love fast response wen required) once again thanks for ur help.

Stanley . ( plz any help as per fuel consumption , think is consuming ? )
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by weyreypey: 5:20am On Aug 07, 2015
Mercedes is great economical and almost indestructible.... Drain the transmission oil change filter and put oando or star oil dextron 3 only.... Only star oil or oando oil!
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by Giftedstan(m): 8:32am On Aug 07, 2015
weyreypey:
Mercedes is great economical and almost indestructible.... Drain the transmission oil change filter and put oando or star oil dextron 3 only.... Only star oil or oando oil!

Thanks . really appreciate . plz do I need/have to change the filter too
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by weyreypey: 10:57am On Aug 07, 2015
Giftedstan:

Thanks . really appreciate . plz do I need/have to change the filter too
If you're sure of getting the original quality why not

1 Like

Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by Giftedstan(m): 9:57pm On Aug 07, 2015
weyreypey:

If you're sure of getting the original quality why not

Thanks .....
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 05, 2015
ziccoit:

Guy pls soft soft. I want to think @Trac didn't mean to insult or pull you down. He was only attacking the content of the write up in a manner full of strong disagreements. Pls, sheath the sword and let us move on.
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by Oyetunji2014(m): 7:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
Hello House,
Please any help my mb w202 is jerking and i don't know what to do i have visited several mechanics but not solution

my Number is 08032232322
an based in benin city
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by auhanson(m): 10:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
Oyetunji2014:
Hello House,
Please any help my mb w202 is jerking and i don't know what to do i have visited several mechanics but not solution

my Number is 08032232322
an based in benin city

Clean your nuzzles and blow your fuel lines, then clean your air intake, throttle body and replace your air filter and fuel filter.

If the symptoms persist after you would have done these properly which i doubt, then check your plug cables for leakages, you could best do this at night to check for such leakages and replacement of such cables. Good luck.
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by Oyetunji2014(m): 12:21am On Jan 11, 2016
auhanson:

Clean your nuzzles and blow your fuel lines, then clean your air intake, throttle body and replace your air filter and fuel filter.

If the symptoms persist after you would have done these properly which i doubt, then check your plug cables for leakages, you could best do this at night to check for such leakages and replacement of such cables. Good luck.

thanks
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by REDDEVILS1(m): 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2016
Pls what are the differences in MB trims Classic, Espirit, Elegance and Sport. Am about to buy W202 year 1999 or 2000. I love the Sport trim cos of the interior look. Pls are all the trims the same in terms of engine, handling, maintenance culture? What are the things I should know about this particular trim? Pls I need urgent answers thanks for your time
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by sheunpompey1: 10:47am On Dec 02, 2016
House ...Please I need an advise. I have c180 w202 1996 model. I have been using that machine close to two years now. I do the servicing in every 3/4 months. I am also in the habit of taken good care of the machine anytime I notice any issue or problem. Just of recent, I discovered that my machine finds it hard to climb slope. For instance, the speedometer will stay between 20 and 40 km no matter how hard I press the accelerator. To add to the worries, it will now begin to make some cracking/clicking sound as a metal is hitting a bell. I have discussed with my mechanic and he said it is the gasket . Someone who has a mb also complained the same thing to me and he said the gasket has been changed but his own problem persist. I really need all the advise before taken any decision on this matter. I don't want to blow my cash on the problem without getting results. Thanks as I await response...
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 02, 2016
what kind of sound?
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by sheunpompey1: 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2016
Clicking sound and it is mostly in the afternoon...
angels09:
what kind of sound?
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 19, 2017
sheunpompey1:
Clicking sound and it is mostly in the afternoon...
how far? sorry I missed the thread for a while...
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by buckolah: 12:42pm On Aug 26, 2017
Good afternoon all, pls I am a lady and I just got Mercedes Benz C180 2002 model elegance . The dashboard is in German language and so is the manual, plus cld anyone help me with the English version of this particular model and any other useful advise for a lady. Thank you all
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 08, 2018
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by dljbd1(m): 3:49pm On Jan 16, 2018
went through every post...nice work grin

2 Likes

Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:07pm On Feb 12, 2018
Pls who could have my C class checked in Lagos. It's an emergency thanks.
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by ehizario2012: 9:57am On Dec 28, 2018
Wow. Read every single post from page 1-11. Greetings Mr Hanson, Trac and al... You guys are wonderful.

Just bought a used c180 esprit manual drive on boxing day, I previously used a honda baby boy manual drive (a fan of manual trans)

I want to experience the Benz feel too. Serviced already, but with visco 2000 50w! Feel bad already, the seller kept hammering I use visco 2000. Also, the blower/fan is not working on the dashboard. I had a rewire inspect it and he said the fan is bad.

I've learnt a lot from going tru all 11 pages, however, I'm a newbie and can just go about tampering with parts yet. I still need to use the mechos but supervise them based on info I get here.

Also, its been difficult getting the car into my compound. There's dry redsand in front of our gate and the back tires keep screeching and blowing dust when I try to drive in, and the tyres keep digging on the spot.

The Babyboy easily drove in over the sand without any issue. Is the Benz underpowered or what? Or is it because it's a "back axle?" Please I really need help on this!!! People had to push the car before I could climb and drive in for two days now.

I know its been a while since the main actors commented here, but PLEASE I NEED INPUTS from guys here.

Please!!!

Thank you.
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by weyreypey: 6:33am On Dec 29, 2018
ehizario2012:
Wow. Read every single post from page 1-11. Greetings Mr Hanson, Trac and al... You guys are wonderful.

Just bought a used c180 esprit manual drive on boxing day, I previously used a honda baby boy manual drive (a fan of manual trans)

I want to experience the Benz feel too. Serviced already, but with visco 2000 50w! Feel bad already, the seller kept hammering I use visco 2000. Also, the blower/fan is not working on the dashboard. I had a rewire inspect it and he said the fan is bad.

I've learnt a lot from going tru all 11 pages, however, I'm a newbie and can just go about tampering with parts yet. I still need to use the mechos but supervise them based on info I get here.

Also, its been difficult getting the car into my compound. There's dry redsand in front of our gate and the back tires keep screeching and blowing dust when I try to drive in, and the tyres keep digging on the spot.

The Babyboy easily drove in over the sand without any issue. Is the Benz underpowered or what? Or is it because it's a "back axle?" Please I really need help on this!!! People had to push the car before I could climb and drive in for two days now.

I know its been a while since the main actors commented here, but PLEASE I NEED INPUTS from guys here.

Please!!!

Thank you.
This is a very old thread of mine. Don't rev or floor the pedal too much just enough to move it. Then find total Quartz 9000 5W40. Very good oil. Benz is not underpowered
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by weyreypey: 6:34am On Dec 29, 2018
sgtponzihater1:
Pls who could have my C class checked in Lagos. It's an emergency thanks.
Fixed already?
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by Okeyc230: 3:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
Very Relable car. I use C230 kompressor 2000 model. Got it since 2013 and i have flog it by 50000km yet very dependable. Fuel efficient too.

2 Likes

Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by afoife: 4:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
Hello house.

Which is better of the c class 4matic or compressor
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by weyreypey: 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2018
afoife:
Hello house.

Which is better of the c class 4matic or compressor
I think you are mixing things. 4matic is a 4wheel drive. Compressor is a supercharged engine... Both have more bells to fix hence a bit more on maintenance costs in comparison with the 2wheel drive and naturally aired engines!! For the 4matic increased costs appears when you want to work on the suspensions. While the turbo is the source of extra maintenance costs on the kompressors.

2 Likes

Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by ehizario2012: 12:33pm On Dec 30, 2018
weyreypey:

This is a very old thread of mine. Don't rev or floor the pedal too much just enough to move it. Then find total Quartz 9000 5W40. Very good oil. Benz is not underpowered

Thank you very much. I even noticed the back tires are worn out now... Hopefully when I change them, the grip would be better.

Also I've noticed that the two electrical fans startup immediately I start the car. Is this okay?

The car does not idle on time too, it keeps switching off except I press the throttle... It only starts idling well when the temperature gets to around 43 degrees...

Please I need advice on this idling "slow running" aspect because the car keeps switching off whenever I try to move, except I wait for like 15 mins for the car to get to 43 degrees...

Thanks.

Pls anybody can also respond to this.
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by Bettycars(m): 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2019
Hello people, I will like to know how reliable mercedez C-180 96-2001 models are. Thank you
They are superb E class

Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by CityNGR: 10:41pm On Feb 03, 2019
Essont
AN OLD THREAD OF MINE
Re: Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL by dljbd1(m): 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2019
Bettycars:

They are superb E class
The guy asked for reliability of C-Class and you're here posting E-Class. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Audi B5 420-R: The Build. / Have You Seen This Innoson IVM 6857 Bus Before? (photos) / Artega Gt, A Car I Saw Today At School, I Am Speechless( Veiw Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.