Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,088 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:40 AM

Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! (11474 Views)

Forced Divorce In Islam / Divorce And Remarriage, Weird Laws / How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by maclatunji: 8:35am On Oct 31, 2012
proo212: Paris_Love you do well. I like how you left this till after the somersaults of Lagosshia, Sweetnecta and Vedaxcool. Lagosshia, mentioned that the Coptic slave girl's dowry was her freedom and she embraced Islam. This confirms what we have always known even happening today that as a non-muslim, in a majority Muslim state, you will be subdued unless you embrace Islam. I guess she had no choice even to pay Jizya because she was a slave girl...

@Abubello, the hadiths and Quran have been referenced to show this

A slave girl wasn't going to pay tax now. You want to critique Islam? Learn it properly first.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by vedaxcool(m): 8:40am On Oct 31, 2012
Wow, Paulians really have a way of twisting the truth, grin grin grin grin grin maybe the need milk.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by maclatunji: 8:55am On Oct 31, 2012
Paris-Love:
ne-day Muhammad goes to Hafsa's house and upon setting gaze at her maid Mariyah, he finds her attractive and decides to get laid. He sends Hafsa to Omar's house, telling her that her father wanted to see her (a lie). When Hafsa leaves, Muhammad takes Mariyah to bed and has intercourse with her. Meanwhile Hafsa, who finds out that her father was not expecting her, returns home much sooner than expected, and to her surprise finds her illustrious husband in bed with her maid.
She becomes hysteric and forgetting the station of the prophet she shouts and causes a scandal. The prophet pleads with her to calm down and promises not to sleep with Mariah again and bades her also not to divulge that secret to others.
Hafsa would not control herself and relays everything to Ayisha who also turns against the prophet and jointly with his other wives cause him much anguish. So the prophet decides to punish all of them by not sleeping with them for one month. Depriving one's wives sexually is the second step of punishment recommended in the Quran. The firststep is admonishing them, the second step is depriving them of sex and the third step is beating them. Q.4:34 .
Of course when a Muslim man decides to punish a wife through sexual deprivation he still can satisfy his sexual urges with his other wives. However Muhammad was angry with all of his wives for having ganged up against him and on the spur of the moment he made the oath not to sleep with anyof them for one month. That of course would have been too much hardship for the beloved messengerof God. Therefore God in his mercy comes to the aid of his prophet and reveals the Surah Tahrim (Banning). In this Surah Allah gently rebukes Muhammad for being so hard on himself and for depriving himself from what he really likes and has been made lawful to him, in order to please his wives.
Surat At-Taĥrīm 66:1 O Prophet! Why holdest thou to be forbidden that which Allah has made lawful to thee? Thou seekest to please thy consorts. But Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
2.)Allah has already ordained for you, (O men), the dissolution of your oaths (in some cases): and Allah is your Protector, and He is Full of Knowledge and Wisdom.
66:3 When the Prophet disclosed a matter in confidence to one of his consorts, and she then divulged it (to another), and Allah made it known to him, he confirmed part thereof and repudiated a part. Then when he told her thereof, she said, "Who told thee this? "He said, "He told me Who knows and is well-acquainted (with all things)."
66:4 If ye two (wives) turn in repentance to Him, your hearts are indeed so inclined; But if ye back upeach other against him, truly Allah is his Protector, and Gabriel, and (every) righteous one among thosewho believe,- and furthermore, the angels - will back (him) up.
66:5 It may be, if he divorced you (all), that Allah will give him in exchange consorts better than you,— who submit (their wills), who believe, who are devout, who turn to Allah in repentance, who worship (in humility), who travel (for Faith) and fast,- previously married or virgins.

Although Muhammad gave his word to Hafsa, not to have sex with her maid, he could not resist the temptation. Especially now that he had taken another oath not to sleep with all of his wives. It wasa difficult situation. On one hand he had to keep up his word or risk losing face and on the other he was not the kind of man that liked to deprive himself of pleasures. A solution had to be found and no one but Allah could help him. Well, nothing is impossiblewhen you are the prophet of Allah. Leave everything in the hands of the Almighty and let himtake care of it. And that is exactly what Muhammad did. Allah himself intervened and gave his favorite prophet the green light to follow his heart's desire. In the Surah Tahrim God licensed his beloved prophet to have his fling and not pay attention to his wives. What can a prophet ask more? Allah was so concerned about Muhammad's carnal pleasures that he even allowed ALL MEN to break their oaths as a bounty. Subhanillah. Isn't Allah great? grin
It is also worthy of mention that Muhammad who came to know that Hafsa did reveal the secret to Aisha, lied to her by pretending that it was Allah who told him so (verse 3) while he actually learned it from Aisha.
In reaction to the above verses, Ayisha, who was notonly young and pretty but also clever, is reported to have said to Muhammad, "Your God indeed rushes in coming to your aid!"
Explaining the Surah Tahrim (66) Omar is reported to have said:
Bukhari Volume 3, Book 43, Number 648:
The Prophet did not go to his wives because of the secret which Hafsa had disclosed to 'Aisha, and he said that he would not go to his wives for one monthas he was angry with them when Allah admonished him (for his oath that he would not approach Mariyah).

This story must have been embarrassing for Muhammad's followers even when they gobbled mindlessly everything he told them. So they made other hadiths to explain those verses of the Quran that were already explained by Omar.
Sahih Muslim Book 009, Number 3496:
'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) narrated that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) used to spend time with Zainab daughter of Jahsh and drank honey at her house. She ('A'isha further) said:I and Hafsa agreed that one whom Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) would visit first should say: I notice that you have an odour of the Maghafir (gum of mimosa). He (the Holy Prophet) visited one of them and she said to him like this, whereupon hesaid: I have taken honey in the house of Zainab bint Jabsh and I will never do it again. It was at this (that the following verse was revealed): 'Why do you holdto be forbidden what Allah has made lawful for you...(up to). If you both ('A'isha and Hafsa) turn to Allah" up to:" And when the Holy Prophet confided an information to one of his wives" (lxvi. 3). This refers to his saying: But I have taken honey.
Also Sahih Muslim Book 009, Number 3497:

The existence of the above Hadith and its differencewith the one narrated by Omar reveals yet another fact that the companions of Muhammad were willingto lie, (as Muslims are today) to preserve the image of their prophet from blemish. It would be foolish to accept the excuse of drinking honey to justify those verses. Honey does not leave a bad smell. It is also inconceivable that a trivial incident like drinking honey could cause such an uproar in the household of the prophet to the extend that he decides to divorce all of his wives or to punish them for one month by not sleeping with them. Could such an insignificant incident like drinking honey provoke somuch hue and cry that the creator of this universe had to intervene with a warning to Muhammad's wives that Muhammad would divorce all of them and He (Allah) would give him virgins and faithful wives? This explanation is absurd unless honey is the code word for something else that the prophet found between the legs of Mariyah.
I rest my case cool
Link

You really need to stop copying and pasting from antiIslamic websites. You haven't learnt that you cannot properly learn Capitalism from Fidel Castro. tongue

Find out how Maryam got into the Prophet's (SAW) household and his rights upon her according to Islam. This will tell you, your story is laughable.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 31, 2012
Mmmmmm. To say that i am impress with our muslems friends on this thread is to say the least. They took Paris up without the usual 'what about this and that in the bible
' except vex........ Who could not resist a little temptation.
I see Muhammad like a man who found himself in a position of power. He had access to any kind of woman he want, whether he need a revelations to justified his drive is what I can't tell. But like kings of old, he had a lot of women both free and slave. The impression you get when reading hadith and commentary is Muhammad sexual prowess.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by ParisLove2(f): 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2012
abubello: @paris -love What is the source of this malicious fairytale? Can you quote a recognized Islamic source for this fiction
sure
maclatunji:

You really need to stop copying and pasting from antiIslamic websites. You haven't learnt that you cannot properly learn Capitalism from Fidel Castro. tongue
Like really? You make it sound like it everything anti is bad. Well it's not, we've anti-racism, anti-terrorism, anti-nazi, anti-sexism even anti-virus etc and they all in the side of good. So whether been anti-islam is on the side of good or not is something we shall see. Let's embrace diverse opinion wink
Lagoshia copied pro islamic site, i returned the favor why are you complaining?
Find out how Maryam got into the Prophet's (SAW) household and his rights upon her according to Islam. This will tell you, your story is laughable.
Yea, i already learned she was a gift from the ruler of egypt and she was a slave girl. Muhammad had a fling with her when it was hafsa's turn and that what caused this whole scandal.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by ParisLove2(f): 12:28pm On Oct 31, 2012
Double post tongue tongue tongue tonguetongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by ParisLove2(f): 12:42pm On Oct 31, 2012
proo212: Paris_Love you do well. I like how you left this till after the somersaults of Lagosshia, Sweetnecta and Vedaxcool. Lagosshia, mentioned that the Coptic slave girl's dowry was her freedom and she embraced Islam. This confirms what we have always known even happening today that as a non-muslim, in a majority Muslim state, you will be subdued unless you embrace Islam. I guess she had no choice even to pay Jizya because she was a slave girl...

@Abubello, the hadiths and Quran have been referenced to show this
Thanks, you couldn't have said it better. I sure enjoyed all the mental gymnastics performance by them.

Me thinks they should just save face and tell us that having séx with slave girls is halal Q4:24 and that Mo's wives just imploded with jealousy, envy and anger, and they are well in their rights to feel so.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by maclatunji: 1:37pm On Oct 31, 2012
Paris-Love:
sure Like really? You make it sound like it everything anti is bad. Well it's not, we've anti-racism, anti-terrorism, anti-nazi, anti-sexism even anti-virus etc and they all in the side of good. So whether been anti-islam is on the side of good or not is something we shall see. Let's embrace diverse opinion wink
Lagoshia copied pro islamic site, i returned the favor why are you complaining? Yea, i already learned she was a gift from the ruler of egypt and she was a slave girl. Muhammad had a fling with her when it was hafsa's turn and that what caused this whole scandal.

LOL. How could he "have a fling" when he could have her at virtually anytime from the point he accepted her as a "gift"?

Your insistence on portraying the story as if Maryam (RA) was not allowable/available to the Prophet (SAW) makes it ridiculous.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by maclatunji: 1:40pm On Oct 31, 2012
Paris love is warned to moderate her comments. I will allow debate but unfounded accusations will not be tolerated.

Thank you.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by ParisLove2(f): 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2012
maclatunji:

LOL. How could he "have a fling" when he could have her at virtually anytime from the point he accepted her as a "gift"?

Your insistence on portraying the story as if Maryam (RA) was not allowable/available to the Prophet (SAW) makes it ridiculous.

I was expecting this(see above post) and i didn't insist that Maryam (ra) was not allowable to Muhammad(SAW). Just the way he went about it, and uproar it caused. Just like you said she's a gift, so a man can have séx with both his wives and slave girls? Is that halal?
Legitimate adultery/fornication?

maclatunji: Paris love is warned to moderate her comments. I will allow debate but unfounded accusations will not be tolerated.

Thank you.
Thanks, will do.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by maclatunji: 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2012
Paris-Love:

I was expecting this(see above post) and i didn't insist that Maryam (ra) was not allowable to Muhammad(SAW). Just the way he went about it, and uproar it caused. Just like you said she's a gift, so a man can have séx with both his wives and slave girls? Is that halal?
Legitimate adultery/fornication?

Thanks, will do.

Do your research and let me know your findings. tongue
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by ParisLove2(f): 3:14pm On Oct 31, 2012
vedaxcool: it is not right to investigate it, for it is
on the disclosure of a secret that Allah is taking
a wife to task it cannot therefore be right for us
to inquire into it and try to uncover it.

LOL, it's already an open secret (i see surah5:102
at work here ). i think is where the mystery lies.
Since hafsa has already let the cat out of the bag i
think it's right for us to educate ourselves on what
really happened. For how long and on how many
cases are we going to turn a blind eye to?

The Creator intervened because unlike the
biblewhere Jesus calls his own mother woman,
and his father did not correct him, Allah made it
clear the necessity of why wives must obey and
respect their husbands. and this is how
revelation is to be, not when we read in the Old
testament a father sleeping with his daughter
and yet no reprove or rebuke!
Yea, ya blah, blah, blah, talking about revelations, it seems they usually come when he wants to control his
numerous rebellious wives. Here's one example
where a revelation could have proved beyond all
reasonable doubt that his revelations where real
after all:
The Prophet gave orders concerning Kinanah to
Zubayr, saying, ‘Torture him until you root out and
extract what he has. So Zubayr kindled a fire on
Kinanah’s chest, twirling it with his firestick until
Kinanah was near death.
Then the Messenger gave him to Maslamah, who
beheaded him.

Al-Tabari, Vol. 8, p. 122 , See Also Ishaq:515
Have you ever thought why Allah did not reveal to
Muhammad the whereabouts of the treasures?
Muhammad received a lot of revelations allowing
him to break his treaties and licensing him to Be
Intimate with any woman he desired. Why he never
received a revelation about something he could not
have possibly known such as the whereabouts of
these treasures?
Food for thought

Shalom

P.s: If you must know, this response was highly edited from original version
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by maclatunji: 3:25pm On Oct 31, 2012
^ You have been told several times the Muslim account of what happened. Repeating the story won't change our minds.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by LagosShia: 6:59pm On Oct 31, 2012
Paris-Love:
ne-day Muhammad goes to Hafsa's house and upon setting gaze at her maid Mariyah, he finds her attractive and decides to get laid. He sends Hafsa to Omar's house, telling her that her father wanted to see her (a lie). When Hafsa leaves, Muhammad takes Mariyah to bed and has intercourse with her. Meanwhile Hafsa, who finds out that her father was not expecting her, returns home much sooner than expected, and to her surprise finds her illustrious husband in bed with her maid.
She becomes hysteric and forgetting the station of the prophet she shouts and causes a scandal. The prophet pleads with her to calm down and promises not to sleep with Mariah again and bades her also not to divulge that secret to others.
Hafsa would not control herself and relays everything to Ayisha who also turns against the prophet and jointly with his other wives cause him much anguish. So the prophet decides to punish all of them by not sleeping with them for one month. Depriving one's wives sexually is the second step of punishment recommended in the Quran. The firststep is admonishing them, the second step is depriving them of sex and the third step is beating them. Q.4:34 .
Of course when a Muslim man decides to punish a wife through sexual deprivation he still can satisfy his sexual urges with his other wives. However Muhammad was angry with all of his wives for having ganged up against him and on the spur of the moment he made the oath not to sleep with anyof them for one month. That of course would have been too much hardship for the beloved messengerof God. Therefore God in his mercy comes to the aid of his prophet and reveals the Surah Tahrim (Banning). In this Surah Allah gently rebukes Muhammad for being so hard on himself and for depriving himself from what he really likes and has been made lawful to him, in order to please his wives.
Surat At-Taĥrīm 66:1 O Prophet! Why holdest thou to be forbidden that which Allah has made lawful to thee? Thou seekest to please thy consorts. But Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
2.)Allah has already ordained for you, (O men), the dissolution of your oaths (in some cases): and Allah is your Protector, and He is Full of Knowledge and Wisdom.
66:3 When the Prophet disclosed a matter in confidence to one of his consorts, and she then divulged it (to another), and Allah made it known to him, he confirmed part thereof and repudiated a part. Then when he told her thereof, she said, "Who told thee this? "He said, "He told me Who knows and is well-acquainted (with all things)."
66:4 If ye two (wives) turn in repentance to Him, your hearts are indeed so inclined; But if ye back upeach other against him, truly Allah is his Protector, and Gabriel, and (every) righteous one among thosewho believe,- and furthermore, the angels - will back (him) up.
66:5 It may be, if he divorced you (all), that Allah will give him in exchange consorts better than you,— who submit (their wills), who believe, who are devout, who turn to Allah in repentance, who worship (in humility), who travel (for Faith) and fast,- previously married or virgins.

Although Muhammad gave his word to Hafsa, not to have sex with her maid, he could not resist the temptation. Especially now that he had taken another oath not to sleep with all of his wives. It wasa difficult situation. On one hand he had to keep up his word or risk losing face and on the other he was not the kind of man that liked to deprive himself of pleasures. A solution had to be found and no one but Allah could help him. Well, nothing is impossiblewhen you are the prophet of Allah. Leave everything in the hands of the Almighty and let himtake care of it. And that is exactly what Muhammad did. Allah himself intervened and gave his favorite prophet the green light to follow his heart's desire. In the Surah Tahrim God licensed his beloved prophet to have his fling and not pay attention to his wives. What can a prophet ask more? Allah was so concerned about Muhammad's carnal pleasures that he even allowed ALL MEN to break their oaths as a bounty. Subhanillah. Isn't Allah great? grin
It is also worthy of mention that Muhammad who came to know that Hafsa did reveal the secret to Aisha, lied to her by pretending that it was Allah who told him so (verse 3) while he actually learned it from Aisha.
In reaction to the above verses, Ayisha, who was notonly young and pretty but also clever, is reported to have said to Muhammad, "Your God indeed rushes in coming to your aid!"
Explaining the Surah Tahrim (66) Omar is reported to have said:
Bukhari Volume 3, Book 43, Number 648:
The Prophet did not go to his wives because of the secret which Hafsa had disclosed to 'Aisha, and he said that he would not go to his wives for one monthas he was angry with them when Allah admonished him (for his oath that he would not approach Mariyah).

This story must have been embarrassing for Muhammad's followers even when they gobbled mindlessly everything he told them. So they made other hadiths to explain those verses of the Quran that were already explained by Omar.
Sahih Muslim Book 009, Number 3496:
'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) narrated that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) used to spend time with Zainab daughter of Jahsh and drank honey at her house. She ('A'isha further) said:I and Hafsa agreed that one whom Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) would visit first should say: I notice that you have an odour of the Maghafir (gum of mimosa). He (the Holy Prophet) visited one of them and she said to him like this, whereupon hesaid: I have taken honey in the house of Zainab bint Jabsh and I will never do it again. It was at this (that the following verse was revealed): 'Why do you holdto be forbidden what Allah has made lawful for you...(up to). If you both ('A'isha and Hafsa) turn to Allah" up to:" And when the Holy Prophet confided an information to one of his wives" (lxvi. 3). This refers to his saying: But I have taken honey.
Also Sahih Muslim Book 009, Number 3497:

The existence of the above Hadith and its differencewith the one narrated by Omar reveals yet another fact that the companions of Muhammad were willingto lie, (as Muslims are today) to preserve the image of their prophet from blemish. It would be foolish to accept the excuse of drinking honey to justify those verses. Honey does not leave a bad smell. It is also inconceivable that a trivial incident like drinking honey could cause such an uproar in the household of the prophet to the extend that he decides to divorce all of his wives or to punish them for one month by not sleeping with them. Could such an insignificant incident like drinking honey provoke somuch hue and cry that the creator of this universe had to intervene with a warning to Muhammad's wives that Muhammad would divorce all of them and He (Allah) would give him virgins and faithful wives? This explanation is absurd unless honey is the code word for something else that the prophet found between the legs of Mariyah.
I rest my case cool
Link

This is the most ridiculous hallucination I've read from the Islamophobes.

why would a man who practiced polygamy have to hide if he wanted one more?

And these fanatics forgot it was a christian ruler of byzantine egypt that gifted Marya (ra),a christian herself,as a slave! Perhaps if "paris-love" lived in that era of christianity,she too couldve been sent as a slave to be used or abused.obvioisly what Mary (ra) became is far more dignifying in the hands of muslims than the way her christian byzantine ruler treated her.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by ParisLove2(f): 7:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
maclatunji: ^ You have been told several times the Muslim account of what happened. Repeating the story won't change our minds.
It's not about changing your mind, it's about finding the truth, and i did find some of them here. When next i come back, I'll be sentencing Muhammad cool

Oops scratch that, i mean closing argument, ya smiley
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by LagosShia: 7:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
maclatunji:

Whatever you decide to think of the wives of the Prophet (May Allah be pleased with them), the fact remains the Prophet (SAW) was upset about the entire episode. That is human nature- you're not making progress with these your antics- grow up!

Even God gets angry atimes and we pray for His infinite mercy in those times.

I'm not saying the Prophet (sa) wasn't human.however the Prophet (sa) being human in this case have nothing to do with what happened.the blame as evident from Surat at-Tahreem rests on Aisha and Hafsa.you should not forget that if you're talking about human nature to denote weakness,that point should be directed at those two.it is quite funny how you'd remember the Prophet (sa) is human but Sunnis always forget that those they idolize and do not tolerate any crticism drawn at them (even when facts talk) are also human.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by ParisLove2(f): 7:12pm On Oct 31, 2012
LagosShia:

This is the most ridiculous hallucination I've read from the Islamophobes.

why would a man who practiced polygamy have to hide if he wanted one more?

And these fanatics forgot it was a christian ruler of byzantine egypt that gifted Marya (ra),a christian herself,as a slave! Perhaps if "paris-love" lived in that era of christianity,she too couldve been sent as a slave to be used or abused.obvioisly what Mary (ra) became is far more dignifying in the hands of muslims than the way her christian byzantine ruler treated her.
It's not hallucination, it's all recorded in islamic sources. Just bear in mind that whatever you accuse the Egyptian ruler of, your noble Prophet is an accomplice. I also don't know your definition of dignify, cus this whole scandal is anything but.

You'd agree with me Hafsa and Aisha the 'mother of believers' certainly didn't dignify her. They're muslims too.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by ParisLove2(f): 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
Order in the house please. I won't tolerate any shia sunni fight in this thread

You can take your brotherly fights elsewhere. Thanks!
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by LagosShia: 7:24pm On Oct 31, 2012
Paris-Love:

Thanks, you couldn't have said it better. I sure enjoyed all the mental gymnastics performance by them.

Me thinks they should just save face and tell us that having séx with slave girls is halal Q4:24 and that Mo's wives just imploded with jealousy, envy and anger, and they are well in their rights to feel so.

You have been told the following which makes your allegations totally false:

1. What is in Surat at-Tahreem only have to do with Aisha and Hafsa.it also have to do about their lack of faith.it had nothing to do with any other wife apart from these two.if you think not,then bring us proof the Prophet (sa) actually threatened all his wives with divorce.and mind you this wasn't the first time divorce was coming into the talk for Aisha.

2. When Mary (ra) arrived,she did with her sister.the Prophet (sa) took Marya (ra) for himself as wife while her sister was given to Hassan Ibn Thabit,a companion.

3. Where's your fantastic story about illicit sex recorded?

4. The Prophet (sa) in Islam is the law.if he decides to take Marya (ra) for a wife,so be it.now verse 4:24 you made reference to disproves your case.that verse revealed in relation to female captives clear forbids illicit sex with "slaves".may be you should quote the verse.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by LagosShia: 7:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
Paris-Love:

It's not hallucination, it's all recorded in islamic sources. Just bear in mind that whatever you accuse the Egyptian ruler of, your noble Prophet is an accomplice. I also don't know your definition of dignify, cus this whole scandal is anything but.

You'd agree with me Hafsa and Aisha the 'mother of believers' certainly didn't dignify her. They're muslims too.

Please present us with those sources clearly telling us the allegation you've copied from the anti-islam websites.make sure those sources do not contain fabrications or brackets.you must not insert any interpretation of yours.

Also surat at-tahreem is solely about Aisha and Hafsa.keep that in mind too.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by ParisLove2(f): 7:57pm On Oct 31, 2012
LagosShia:

You have been told the following which makes your allegations totally false:

1. What is in Surat at-Tahreem only have to do with Aisha and Hafsa.it also have to do about their lack of faith.it had nothing to do with any other wife apart from these two.if you think not,then bring us proof the Prophet (sa) actually threatened all his wives with divorce.and mind you this wasn't the first time divorce was coming into the talk for Aisha.
What do you mean lack of faith? They doubted Muhammad claims? As for proof where muhammad vowed not to touch any of his wives i get them for you. Just chill

By the way, Aisha has been threaten with divorce a lot of times? Definitely not a good example for muslimahs to follow angry

2. When Mary (ra) arrived,she did with her sister.the Prophet (sa) took Marya (ra) for himself as wife while her sister was given to Hassan Ibn Thabit,a companion.
As wife? You're gonna have to provide proof for this.

3. Where's your fantastic story about illicit sex recorded?
Islamic sources
4. The Prophet (sa) in Islam is the law.if he decides to take Marya (ra) for a wife,so be it.now verse 4:24 you made reference to disproves your case.that verse revealed in relation to female captives clear forbids illicit sex with "slaves".may be you should quote the verse.
Nobody is above the law. Oh wait is there? cheesy
Please present us with those sources clearly telling us the allegation you've copied from the anti-islam websites.make sure those sources do not contain fabrications or brackets.you must not insert any interpretation of yours.
Also surat at-tahreem is solely about Aisha and Hafsa.keep that in mind too.
All his wives were included. That's why he vowed not to touch any of them for one month.
Sharrap!
show some manners please
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by maclatunji: 9:40pm On Oct 31, 2012
LagosShia:

Even God gets angry atimes and we pray for His infinite mercy in those times.

I'm not saying the Prophet (sa) wasn't human.however the Prophet (sa) being human in this case have nothing to do with what happened.the blame as evident from Surat at-Tahreem rests on Aisha and Hafsa.you should not forget that if you're talking about human nature to denote weakness,that point should be directed at those two.it is quite funny how you'd remember the Prophet (sa) is human but Sunnis always forget that those they idolize and do not tolerate any crticism drawn at them (even when facts talk) are also human.

What are you going on about? The Prophet's wives got reprimanded. God, the Prophet and they moved on except for Lagosshia? We're addressing OP's post here not your weird craving to badmouth some of the Prophet's wives. You just grow worse everyday with your inexplicable cravings.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by LagosShia: 9:44pm On Oct 31, 2012
maclatunji:

What are you going on about? The Prophet's wives got reprimanded. God, the Prophet and they moved on except for Lagosshia? We're addressing OP's post here not your weird craving to badmouth some of the Prophet's wives. You just grow worse everyday with your inexplicable cravings.

Very childish!

What is "badmouth" in me addressing the OP and explaining things as they happened?
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by LagosShia: 9:46pm On Oct 31, 2012
Paris-Love:

What do you mean lack of faith? They doubted Muhammad claims? As for proof where muhammad vowed not to touch any of his wives i get them for you. Just chill

By the way, Aisha has been threaten with divorce a lot of times? Definitely not a good example for muslimahs to follow angry

As wife? You're gonna have to provide proof for this. Islamic sources
Nobody is above the law. Oh wait is there? cheesy All his wives were included. That's why he vowed not to touch any of them for one month. show some manners please

Surat at-Tahreem was revealed against Aisha and Hafsa:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 436:

Narrated Ibn Abbas:
I intended to ask 'Umar so I said, "Who were those two ladies who tried to back each other against the Prophet?" I hardly finished my speech when he said, They were 'Aisha and Hafsa."

Aisha was jealous and disobedient on numerous occassions and a woman who gives herself to the Prophet (sa) for marriage,the Prophet (sa) can marry her:

We read in Sahih Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 311:

Narrated Aisha:
I used to look down upon those ladies who had given themselves to Allah's Apostle and I used to say, "Can a lady give herself (to a man)?" But when Allah revealed: "You (O Muhammad) can postpone (the turn of) whom you will of them (your wives), and you may receive any of them whom you will; and there is no blame on you if you invite one whose turn you have set aside (temporarily).' (33.51) I said (to the Prophet), "I feel that your Lord hastens in fulfilling your wishes and desires."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 48:

Narrated Hisham's father:
Khaula bint Hakim was one of those ladies who presented themselves to the Prophet for marriage. 'Aisha said, "Doesn't a lady feel ashamed for presenting herself to a man?" But when the Verse: "(O Muhammad) You may postpone (the turn of) any of them (your wives) that you please,' (33.51) was revealed, " 'Aisha said, 'O Allah's Apostle! I do not see, but, that your Lord hurries in pleasing you.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by maclatunji: 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
LagosShia:

Very childish!

What is "badmouth" in me addressing the OP and explaining things as they happened?

What was the "Sunni" and "those they idolise" crap you were writing earlier about? Get yourself organised and coherent for Allah's sake.
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by LagosShia: 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2012
maclatunji:

What was the "Sunni" and "those they idolise" crap you were writing earlier about? Get yourself organised and coherent for Allah's sake.

It has to do with the Sunni position on Aisha.you even went as far as wanting to "shift the goal post" to make the incident related in Surat at-Tahreem look as if the Prophet (sa) showed weakness by talking about his "human nature".talk about the "human nature" of Aisha and Hafsa.it is more appropriate because from an earlier incident covered in Surat al-Ahzab (see my immediate past post),Aisha displayed the same jealousy and disrespect against the Prophet (sa) to the extent of her questioning Allah (swt) for vindicating the Prophet (sa).but all that is shoved under the carpet because to the sunnis Aisha is also abu bakr's daughter.

Had this thread been started by a Shia,I'm sure it would have been seen as "attack" against "the mother of the believers".we are simply here touching on facts as found recorded.the bottom line is the holy Prophet (sa) did nothing wrong while the two wives were in manifest error.for God's sake the Prophet (sa) was someone who was married to many wives.I don't understand why Aisha and Hafsa should feel jealous of Marya (ra).Marya (ra) was under the Prophet's (sa) authority and if Marya (ra) consent to him,he can take her for a wife.

We are stating facts as we are told.I don't know why you're freaking out.or are you now allergic to me?
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by LagosShia: 10:08pm On Oct 31, 2012
@ paris-love

Please prove to us that the secret the Prophet (sa) SHARED with Hafsa that she leaked to Aisha had to do with the Prophet's (sa) "affair" with Marya (ra).and then tell us how Marya (ra) came into the Prophet's (sa) care. Finally what does Hafsa have to do with Marya (ra)?
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by maclatunji: 10:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
LagosShia:

It has to do with the Sunni position on Aisha.you even went as far as wanting to "shift the goal post" to make the incident related in Surat at-Tahreem look as if the Prophet (sa) showed weakness by talking about his "human nature".talk about the "human nature" of Aisha and Hafsa.it is more appropriate because from an earlier incident covered in Surat al-Ahzab (see my immediate last post),Aisha displayed the same jealousy and disrespect against the Prophet (sa) to the extent of her questioning Allah (swt) for vindicating the Prophet (sa).but all that is shoved under the carpet because to the sunnis Aisha is also abu bakr's daughter.

Had this thread been started by a Shia,I'm sure it would have been attack against "the mother of the believers".we are simply here touching on facts as found recorded.the bottom line is the holy Prophet (sa) did nothing wrong while the two wives were in manifest error.for God's sake the Prophet (sa) was someone who was married to many wives.I don't understand why Aisha and Hafsa should feel jealous of Marya (ra).Marya (ra) was under the Prophet's (sa) authority and if Marya (ra) consent to him,he can take her for a wife.

We are stating facts as we are told.I don't know why you're freaking out.or are you now allergic to me?

Your desperation is pathetic. Even the Prophet got reprimanded in the Qur'an. Why would I want to say his wives weren't? Like I said earlier, they're all human.

Islam is simple and easy to practice. All these things you're seeking to magnify and turn to protracted arguments are quite irrelevant in the larger context of things that matter towards the personal development of a Muslim. #Growup
Re: Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! by LagosShia: 10:26pm On Oct 31, 2012
maclatunji:

Your desperation is pathetic. Even the Prophet got reprimanded in the Qur'an. Why would I want to say his wives weren't? Like I said earlier, they're all human.

Islam is simple and easy to practice. All these things you're seeking to magnify and turn to protracted arguments are quite irrelevant in the larger context of things that matter towards the personal development of a Muslim. #Growup

The Prophet (sa) was not reprimanded.he did nothing wrong.whatever condemnation is found in Surat at Tahreem is on aisha and hafsa.

You obviously find it easier to accept or admit that the Prophet (sa) is "reprimanded" than to see or even look at the place where abu bakr or umar or even aisha and hafsa are reprimanded/condemned in the Quran.this is an historical sickness entrenched in the subconscious.it is okay for the Prophet (sa) to be "reprimanded" but it is "attack" on the sahaba if a Shia points out a verse where umar for instance is reprimanded/condemned.

Now do us a favor and show us where the Prophet (sa) was reprimanded.let me make it easier for you and give you a hint: it wasn't the Prophet (sa) who "frowned and turned his face" at the beggar in Sura Abasa.then find out why attempts have been made deliberately in Sunni literature to dent the Prophet's (sa) image.that is your homework! Don't blame the islamophobes for lunching these sort of attacks against the Prophet (sa).blame the source written by satanic hands who wanted to dent the Prophet's (sa) image to vindicate and absolve themselves of the blames/guilt fallible rulers committed.

PS:
You accused me of seeking to "magnify these things".in the same Surat at-Tahreem,both aisha and hafsa are described as "their hearts have swayed (from faith)".now would you drag the Prophet (sa) to that level? The Quran is clear enough.I don't need to magnify anything.personal development of a muslim is impeded when you lie to yourself about certain things and try to either simplify or conceal them for known reasons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"My Faith In Islam Is Nearly Gone" - Any Advice For Her? / Challenges Of Muslims In Nigeria; Solutions Needed Please / Death Of Jesus,evidence From The Quran.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.