Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:16 PM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (115318 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
Boomark:

what special about catholic? If they are worshipping God then you will talking about them being special. I wonder who will envy idol worshipers.

Did you read page 10 before posting? We are rebuking idol worship my brother.
eyes ar given to many but only few can see.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 9:18pm On Jan 24, 2013
Ubenedictus: interestingly d catechism of d cath church condemns idolatry, but not veneration. I dont practice idolatry, neva have, neva will.

What are you venerating? Thin air?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 9:26pm On Jan 24, 2013
Chukskalidon:
eyes ar given to many but only few can see.

delusion is given to many but only few reject it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:41am On Jan 25, 2013
Boomark:

What are you venerating? Thin air?
gud question, 1 u shuld ansa.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 8:26pm On Jan 26, 2013
^^And my beautiful answer is: catholics are venerating idol. They do things similar to this.

Boomark:

Exodus 20:4-5
4 “You shall not make for yourself an
image in the form of anything in
heaven above or on the earth
beneath or in the waters below.
5 You shall not bow down to them
or worship them; for I, the LORD
your God, am a jealous God,
punishing the children for the sin of
the parents to the third and fourth
generation of those who hate me,

Acts 17:29-30
English Standard Version
(©2001)
Being then God’s
offspring, we ought not to
think that the divine
being is like gold or silver
or stone, an image formed
by the art and
imagination of man.

catholics make supposed images of Christ and Mary. They kneel, bow and kiss it while making their prayers. These images are of things that are likely to be in heaven, earth or underneath. This is a clear disobedient to God according to exodus because He said "do not make them or bow to them".

These images are made with stone, bronze etc and are made according to how men imagine the divine ones should look like. That is why the have varying images of the same person. A crystal clear disobedient to God.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
Boomark: ^^And my beautiful answer is: catholics are venerating idol. They do things similar to this.

your delusion is great! "venerating idol", really funny.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 22, 2013
ijawkid:

Lol........

And I think Jesus is still praying that the cup should pass over Him till today abi??

Did Jesus recite that prayer every morning and evening??

did Jesus start reciting that prayer from his birth ,till he was impaled and after his ressurection??

Italo you have got no idea of what prayer is and how you guys follow a routine of stereotypical prayers bowing down before images and using the rosary all in the name of wanting to worship God........

Jesus prayed heartfelt prayers to his heavenly Father,.......and not some memorized repititive words of prayer......

Jesus never adopted pagan traditions to worship his Father.....

Jesus worshipped his Father in spirit and in truth.......

Every morning you wake up you keep repeating the same slogan over and over again...

""Hail mary mother of God please pray for us sinners""

Did Jesus teach you that??

Please answer the posters question....

Why do you use the rosary in prayers.??...

Who started it??what's its origin??

I just wrote down exactly were u guys adopted the use of beads in worship...

If its not true please rebut it.....

oMG. Mary gave children of Fatima the rosary. And about the Hail Mary full of grace, u seriously need to read all your new testament to know the origin. It's obvious u avnt been doing so
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by mysterious12(m): 6:03am On Aug 13, 2014
funny thing here, these people havnt been to the catholic church and criticise and judge ambivalently
it is not in anybodys position to judge anyone or what they do. And yet they do. God will Judge us all
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by mysterious12(m): 6:07am On Aug 13, 2014
numo86: Catholics are just proud,presumpteous,obstinate,deluded idol worshippers........

It is you who says so, do not judge for it is not in your place to
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 1:15am On Dec 13, 2015
Luke 11:27-28 "And it happened as He spoke these things, a certain woman standing in the crowd, raised her voice and said to Him, Blessed is the womb that bore you, and the breast that nursed you. But He said, "more then that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it.
So you can see, not even Jesus, gave Mary His mother any credit.
Luke 8:20-21 "And it was reported to Him, your Mother and your brothers are standing outside, wishing to see you, but He answered and said to them, My mother and My brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it.
Still no credit.
Psalm 118:26 "Bless is he who comes in the name of the Lord. Blessings can only come from the Word of God.

Quote>Do we worship Mary? NO.
Of course you don't, you just stand in front of her statue, bowing your heads, kissing her feet before you walk into Church.
This isn't a sign of worship? NO.
Welder:
Ok. I am a Catholic.

I have to say while i dont agree with some comments from UBenedcitus and Italo, I have to hail them for standing by their faith. May we all win this earthly race.

To the OPs' question.

We pray with the Rosary because it is in our tradition, the church believes in the intercessory prayers of Mary and the angels and saints of God.

Do we worship Mary? NO, we dont; rather we honour her because of all humans she was singled out to bear Jesus Christ. You have to agree that since Jesus was pure and found without sin, the woman that bore him has to take some credit. I did rather go the route of seeking the intercessions of this extraordinary woman -medium rather than elsewhere. What do you think?

Bowing to her statue is not enshrined in the tradition of the church, its a persnal thingy. Some catholics dont, but i will rather revere every memory of this extraordinary woman since i can do same to the special people in my life.

I hope this is clear enough.

Shalom!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 1:30am On Dec 13, 2015
Jesus said by their fruit' you will know them.
1 John 4:1 "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see weather they are of God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
This is how we know-who's right and who's wrong.
italo:

How do you know your pastor is performing "signs and wonders" by Christ's power, and not Satan's power. Are there not pastors who we hear use evil powers? Like T.B Joshua and Rev. King, some might say. How do I know that your pastor even performs any signs and wonders?

How do you know he is preaching the solid gospel with the Holy Spirit's backing? Can you prove it? Are you saying your pastor cannot preach or teach something that is wrong?

In that case I'm anointed too because I do that with God's power and sometimes, through the intercession of Mary and the Saints. In Yoruba movies, I see where babalawos do that by appeasing deities responsible for people's problems to free them. Are these anointed too?
Could your pastor not be doing same?

You haven't given me concrete evidence or reason as to how you know your pastor is anointed.

Jesus said so in John 11:26:"and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

The Church he built also says so.

By communing with Mary and the Saints all my life I have realized that they are actually in heaven as Jesus and the Church say. I have had countless revelations to show that the Saints are just as Jesus and the Church say they are: ALIVE in HEAVEN!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 13, 2015
brocab:
Jesus said by their fruit you will know them.
This is how we know-who's right and who's wrong.

You are right...but what happens when they hide their fruits under pretence?

Amazing female bassist Xmas carol video on my signature....click to watch
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 2:36am On Dec 13, 2015
This is a common case within.
1 Timothy 6:5 "Men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth, who think that godliness is the means of financial Gain,
From such withdraw yourselves.
These are false prophets. Test the Spirits behind these men, don't forget Its the word of God that saves us.
Vixo:

You are right...but what happens when they hide their fruits under pretence?

Amazing female bassist Xmas carol video on my signature....click to watch
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 6:15am On Dec 13, 2015
brocab:
This is a common case within.
1 Timothy 6:5 "Men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth, who think that godliness is the means of financial Gain,
From such withdraw yourselves.
These are false prophets. Test the Spirits behind these men, don't forget Its the word of God that saves us.

I tested the Spirit of the Rosary...and found that it is of God.

What should I do?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 8:14am On Dec 13, 2015
As I said test the Spirits, and could you show me where in the bible does it say, we pray the rosary's?
Try talking to God without the rosary's-you may find Him a lot easier.
italo:

I tested the Spirit of the Rosary...and found that it is of God.

What should I do?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 11:13am On Dec 13, 2015
Not only does he disagrees with most of your comments-we do too.
Ubenedictus:
wow i like ya points! Can u pls tell me abt some of my comment u disagree with?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2015
Most people didn't see Mary in Fatima, only the children as they say?
Mostly all the by-standers had given other descriptions, what they had seen each month wasn't the virgin Mary.
Hundreds described it like this, they saw a dis't shaped object with coloured spinning lights-others could only see a bright shining light-this description, sounds more like a UFO.
Think about this in the earlier Christian paintings their were usually UFO's painted behind the seine's. So what makes this story any different?
Francisco Marto claims he saw all, but he wasn't allowed to speak to the Virgin Mary, but he was told by the girls to pray the rosary's.
Jacinta Marto claims she seen and heard the Virgin Mary, but she had trouble speaking, Her mission was to pray to free the souls from hell.
Cousin Lucy Dos Santos, claims she had seen and heard the Virgin Mary, and as she grew she became a devoted nun.

This story is totally Catholic.
FrancisTony:
oMG. Mary gave children of Fatima the rosary. And about the Hail Mary full of grace, u seriously need to read all your new testament to know the origin. It's obvious u avnt been doing so
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2015
brocab:
Not only does he disagrees with most of your comments-we do too.
WHO TALK TO U?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2015
brocab:
As I said test the Spirits, and could you show me where in the bible does it say, we pray the rosary's?
Try talking to God without the rosary's-you may find Him a lot easier.

I have talked to God and he confirmed that the Rosary is from him.

So what should I do?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:41pm On Dec 13, 2015
italo:

So what should I do?
maybe the god you talked to is baphomet and not yhwh
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 6:46pm On Dec 13, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
maybe the god you talked to is baphomet and not yhwh

Good you said "maybe."

Maybe it is baphomet that is making you say what you're saying.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:40pm On Dec 13, 2015
italo:

Good you said "maybe."

Maybe it is baphomet that is making you say what you're saying.
u are in a sorry state, baphomet rosary worshipper, u are lost and u do not care sorry.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 9:03pm On Dec 13, 2015
Go back to Fatima and ask the children.
italo:

So what should I do?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
Have I upset you again?
Ubenedictus:
WHO TALK TO U?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 9:59pm On Dec 13, 2015
Correction>I have talked with Uben and he confirmed that the Rosary's is from Him.
italo:

So what should I do?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 12:39am On Dec 14, 2015
Why do Catholic's bow down to Mary? Answer>they can't find God.
The Catholic's had devoted their life's fully to obey only the Queen of Heaven, Mother of God' "Isis-Mary" an old pagan practice that can never be broken inside the minds of the Catholic Church.
Little do they preach about Jesus-we find through history-the un-biblical-stories' are not even close to the biblical truth about Christ.

The Catholic's recognize Mary as Mother, They believe, to be like Jesus, they must sit in the lab that He rested in, and they must try to please the Mother, He pleased.
They believe they must depend on Mary for spiritual nourishments, just as Jesus depended on her for 9 months while He was formed in Mary's womb.

They believe Mary received the promise "the un-fading crown of glory, because her life was perfectly resembled that of her Sons and because she shared in all His sufferings.
1 Peter 5:4 "Speaks of the crown of glory that will never fade away-they believe Mary was crowned by God Himself given her full dominion over all the Angels and the saints.
The crown of glory will never fade away-which faithful elders retrieve. However it is clear from the rest of what Peter wrote in 1 Peter 1:7-4:13-14-5:10. that this is nothing less than any other Christian who receives.

So it shows the Catholic Church haven't recognised the scriptures, where Jesus receives God's full authority-but as it seems Mary retrieved His authority. Mary is known to the Catholic's' as the head of all the Saint's and of course the Angels?
So I ask-what role does Jesus play?
Pray-Our "Mother" who is in heaven hollowed be your name, your kingdom come, that will be done, on earth as it is in heaven?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 5:43am On Dec 14, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
u are in a sorry state, baphomet rosary worshipper, u are lost and u do not care sorry.

Why all the harsh comments?

Simply because I talked to God and he confirmed to me that the Rosary is from him?

Are you angry that God speaks to me?

You believe that God is in your custody and can only speak to who you want him to speak to?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 5:48am On Dec 14, 2015
brocab:
Go back to Fatima and ask the children.

What I meant was: since God himself has confirmed to me that The Rosary is from him, can I go ahead and pray it?

Or should I still listen to you and not pray it?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 6:11am On Dec 14, 2015
"No" I am surprised that God even spoke to you about the rosary's that's not even scriptural. When God speaks, He backs it up with the word of God.
This is how we know it's God. If God spoke to you, as you say, then at least show us where in scripture, God told you' to pray the rosary's?
1 Corinthians 2:12-14 "Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the spirit who is from God, so we may know the things freely given to us by God, which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining with spiritual thought with spiritual words.
But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to Him, and He cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.
This is why we are confused-I honestly believe you weren't speaking to God in heaven, but rather you were speaking with the God of this world.
italo:

Why all the harsh comments?

Simply because I talked to God and he confirmed to me that the Rosary is from him?

Are you angry that God speaks to me?

You believe that God is in your custody and can only speak to who you want him to speak to?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 6:32am On Dec 14, 2015
I am sure you can think for yourself-and if you knew God as you say you do-then you wouldn't go out of your way and disobey Him by praying the rosary's when you know, it isn't scriptural.
italo:

What I meant was: since God himself has confirmed to me that The Rosary is from him, can I go ahead and pray it?

Or should I still listen to you and not pray it?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 6:42am On Dec 14, 2015
brocab:
"No" I am surprised that God even spoke to you about the rosary's that's not even scriptural. See the God we know, speaks to us-backing up His word with scripture.
1 Corinthians 2:12-14 "Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the spirit, who is from God, so we may know the things freely given to us by God, which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining with spiritual thought with spiritual words.
But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to Him, and He cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.
This is why we are confused with your idea-I honestly believe you don't know God, let alone' God told you to pray the rosary's when it isn't scriptural.

What does it matter that you're confused with the idea of the Rosary?

Hundreds of millions of people are confused about your own anti-Rosary idea...and they consider it scriptural.

Luke1:28 And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Luke1:42 And she cried out with a loud voice, and said: Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Matt6:9 Pray then like this:

“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
10 Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread,
12 and forgive us our debts,
    as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from evil.

Etc.

And the Bible also said we should hold fast to both Scripture and Church Tradition. 2Thess2:15.

And no part of scripture says "The Rosary is bad."

And billions of people also believe you don't know God.

And God has confirmed to me that the Rosary is from him.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 6:44am On Dec 14, 2015
brocab:
I am sure you can think for yourself-and if you knew God as you say you do-then you wouldn't go out of your way and disobey Him by praying the rosary's when you know, it isn't scriptural.

Even when he confirmed to me that the Rosary is from him?

And he never commanded me not to pray the Rosary...so I'm not disobeying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (83) (Reply)

Photos From The Attack On Apostle Johnson Suleman's Convoy In Edo (Graphic) / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.