Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (116442 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
jaegermesiter:

You have reliably been told wrong

Really?

Consecration to Our Lady by Pope John Paul II

Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother
Live in me, act in me.
Speak in and through me.
Think your thoughts in my mind.
Love through my heart.
Give me your dispositions and feelings.
Teach, lead and guide me to Jesus.
Correct and enlighten and expand my thoughts and behaviour.
Possess my soul and take over my entire personality and life.
Replace it with yourself.
Incline me to constant adoration and thanksgiving.
Pray in and through me.
Let me live in you and keep me in this union always. Amen.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 1:16pm On Dec 31, 2015
ayoku777:

You're absolutely correct.

I believe the temple and the ordinances shown Ezekiel in those chapters were a conditional prophecy/proposal from God to the jews, for a post-exile and pre-new covenant sub-dispensation under the law.

Which was to span the about 490 years from the return from exile to the coming of Christ.

And the fulfilment of that prophecy was conditioned on if they repented, put away all their idols and return to God with all their heart and soul. Something they didn't do.

Ezekiel 43v9  -Now let them put away their whoredom, and the carcases of their kings, far from me, and I will dwell in the midst of them for ever.

10 Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern.

11  And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them.

But they didn't turn to God with all their heart and didn't even build the second temple according to the measurement and ordinances given. And many other factors.

So the prophecy/proposal didn't come to pass and it will not come to pass again, since we are already under the new covenant now. And all the ordinances of worship that would have existed in that sub-dispensation has now been abolished by Christ's death and resurrection.

But indeed, nothing was symbolic in that vision. They were all prophecies of an intended but conditional literal temple and ordinances of worship for a post-exile and pre-new covenant era. Which didn't come to pass because of sin.

Shalom

If you look at the temple and sacrifices, they are essentially what Moses gave in the Torah with minor modifications.
With the benefit of hindsight, I can say God never intended the sacrifices to be global, they were meant for Israel. The world population lis just too high and scattered for the temple. This is where I differ with KingEbukaNaija and the 'millennial temple' perspective.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by jaegermesiter: 3:23pm On Dec 31, 2015
Prayer of conscretion not worship,please kindly upload the various prayers of consecration to the sacred heart,infant Jesus,st. Jude thaddeus,st. Thomas and aquinas and so many other.
Pope john paul 11 was known for his devout devotion to Mary that in all his letters he started with Totus tuus,the prayer you just upload,'Teach me and guide me to Jesus'

vooks:

Really?

Consecration to Our Lady by Pope John Paul II

Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother
Live in me, act in me.
Speak in and through me.
Think your thoughts in my mind.
Love through my heart.
Give me your dispositions and feelings.
Teach, lead and guide me to Jesus.
Correct and enlighten and expand my thoughts and behaviour.
Incline me to constant adoration and thanksgiving.
Pray in and through me.
Let me live in you and keep me in this union always. Amen.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
jaegermesiter:
Prayer of conscretion not worship,please kindly upload the various prayers of consecration to the sacred heart,infant Jesus,st. Jude thaddeus,st. Thomas and aquinas and so many other.
Pope john paul 11 was known for his devout devotion to Mary that in all his letters he started with Totus tuus,the prayer you just upload,'Teach me and guide me to Jesus'

Rubbish,
The prayer specifically requests to be POSSESSED

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Mpanyi: 6:20pm On Dec 31, 2015
This Op obviously is just a toddler christian,, together with his outfit called church. He should be allowed to remain in ignorance because they do more what they acccuse catholics of.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by jaegermesiter: 8:33pm On Dec 31, 2015
vooks:

Rubbish,
The prayer specifically requests to be POSSESSED
By a divine being,to guide you to Jesus christ,member of the church triumphant
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by jaegermesiter: 8:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
Words of the prayer of Saint Margaret Mary AlacoqueEdit
To the Sacred Heart of Jesus, I give myself and consecrate to the Sacred Heart of our Lord Jesus Christ, my person and my life, my actions, pains and sufferings, so that I may be unwilling to make use of any part of my being other than to honor, love and glorify the Sacred Heart. This is my unchanging purpose, namely, to be all His, and to do all things for the love of Him, at the same time renouncing with all my heart whatever is displeasing to Him. I therefore take You, O Sacred Heart, to be the only object of my love, the guardian of my life, my assurance of salvation, the remedy of my weakness and inconstancy, the atonement for all the faults of my life and my sure refuge at the hour of death.

Be then, O Heart of goodness, my justification before God the Father, and turn away from me the strokes of his righteous anger. O Heart of love, I put all my confidence in You, for I fear everything from my own wickedness and frailty, but I hope for all things from Your goodness and bounty.

Remove from me all that can displease You or resist Your holy will; let your pure love imprint Your image so deeply upon my heart, that I shall never be able to forget You or to be separated from You.

May I obtain from all Your loving kindness the grace of having my name written in Your Heart, for in You I desire to place all my happiness and glory, living and dying in bondage to You. Amen.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by jaegermesiter: 8:41pm On Dec 31, 2015
Words of the prayer of Blessed Mary of the Divine HeartEdit
My most loving Jesus, I consecrate myself anew today and without reserve to Your Divine Heart. To You I consecrate my body with all its senses, my soul with all its faculties. and my whole being. To you I consecrate all my thoughts, words and works; all my sufferings and labors; all my hopes, consolations and joys; and chiefly I consecrate to You my poor heart that I may love but You, and be consumed as a victim in the flames of Your love.

Accept, O Jesus, my most loving Spouse, the desire I have to console Your Divine Heart and to belong to You forever. Take possession of me in such a manner that henceforward I may have no other liberty than that of loving You, no other life than that of suffering and dying for you.

In You I place unbounded confidence, and I hope for pardon of my sins from Your infinite mercy. In Your hands I lay all my cares and principally that of my eternal salvation. I promise to love You and to honor You until the last moment of my life, and to propagate as far as I am able, with the help of Your Divine grace, devotion to Your most Sacred Heart.

Dispose of me O Divine Heart of Jesus, according to Your good pleasure. I desire no other recompense than Your greater glory and Your holy love.

Grant me the grace to find in Your most Sacred Heart my dwelling place; there I desire to pass each day of my life; there I wish to breathe forth my last sigh. Make also my heart Your abode, the place of Your repose; that so we may remain intimately united until one day I may praise, love and possess You for all eternity, and sing forever the infinite mercies of Your most Sacred Heart. Amen.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 11:16pm On Dec 31, 2015
jaegermesiter:

You denied seeking possession. Are you possessed by the virgin?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 12:31am On Jan 01, 2016
Mary had already died, she can't lead anyone to Christ-you need to rely on God to call you to His Son Jesus Christ.
jaegermesiter:

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 12:35am On Jan 01, 2016
Tell us your prayer?
jaegermesiter:
Words of the prayer of Blessed Mary of the Divine HeartEdit
My most loving Jesus, I consecrate myself anew today and without reserve to Your Divine Heart. To You I consecrate my body with all its senses, my soul with all its faculties. and my whole being. To you I consecrate all my thoughts, words and works; all my sufferings and labors; all my hopes, consolations and joys; and chiefly I consecrate to You my poor heart that I may love but You, and be consumed as a victim in the flames of Your love.

Accept, O Jesus, my most loving Spouse, the desire I have to console Your Divine Heart and to belong to You forever. Take possession of me in such a manner that henceforward I may have no other liberty than that of loving You, no other life than that of suffering and dying for you.

In You I place unbounded confidence, and I hope for pardon of my sins from Your infinite mercy. In Your hands I lay all my cares and principally that of my eternal salvation. I promise to love You and to honor You until the last moment of my life, and to propagate as far as I am able, with the help of Your Divine grace, devotion to Your most Sacred Heart.

Dispose of me O Divine Heart of Jesus, according to Your good pleasure. I desire no other recompense than Your greater glory and Your holy love.

Grant me the grace to find in Your most Sacred Heart my dwelling place; there I desire to pass each day of my life; there I wish to breathe forth my last sigh. Make also my heart Your abode, the place of Your repose; that so we may remain intimately united until one day I may praise, love and possess You for all eternity, and sing forever the infinite mercies of Your most Sacred Heart. Amen.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by jaegermesiter: 1:03am On Jan 01, 2016
vooks:

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by jaegermesiter: 1:05am On Jan 01, 2016
vooks:

Pls be careful with your diction as been possessed is synonymous with unclean spirits and excorcism,we are talking about the mother of christ who was present at pentecost
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by jaegermesiter: 1:12am On Jan 01, 2016
My prayer is the prayer of the universal church
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 3:02am On Jan 01, 2016
jaegermesiter:

Pls be careful with your diction as been possessed is synonymous with unclean spirits and excorcism,we are talking about the mother of christ who was present at pentecost

You pray to be possessed by the 'virgin mary'.
You denied this, why are you embarrassed of your faith?

Are you possessed?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 3:05am On Jan 01, 2016
jaegermesiter:

Pray in and through me.

Are you possessed by the virgin?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 3:50am On Jan 01, 2016
dmandy:

What's funny? Is he not correct, If you fall down from your chair while laughing, are you not worshipping?
i'm now rolling, what is dat called.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 8:15am On Jan 01, 2016
Are you really this dumb?
dmandy:

What's funny? Is he not correct, If you fall down from your chair while laughing, are you not worshipping?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 8:17am On Jan 01, 2016
Its good we don't need the universal Church any more-guess' we can have Churches in our own living rooms these day's, who needs you?
Jesus said: when two or three are gathered, He is in the midst of them.
jaegermesiter:
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 8:20am On Jan 01, 2016
So was the many other disciples.
jaegermesiter:

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ebukason3(m): 10:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
The rosary is a powerful simple bold prayer. There was a time we went to mountain to pray, as we are asking for Gods mercy a voice audible to us all said "i will not forgive you" many times. We cry for mercy, liedown on bare mountain, sang psalm 51 still the voice persists; Then we said the rosary with the stations of the cross, and the voice then said "so you come through my mother; you can now...". The rosary is all about meditation, contemptlation on the birth, life , death, resurrection of Lord Jesus Christ(joyful,sorrowful,glorious and mysteries of light) and imploying Marys intercession just as She did it cannan added to angelic salute of angel Gabriel. I know some non-catholics do say the chaplet of divine mercy and precious blood of Jesus Christ.

Christianity is all about being Christ like; just as it was recorded in antioch. The problem with some Catholics they don't know what they have and problem with non-Catholics is that "my G.O said.." bread and buyer Christianity forging the cross.

God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 11:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
Where did you get this story from?
Repeatedly you went up to the mountain to pray to God, and sang Psalm 51, God then answered you and said. I will forgive you many times.
And then your story changed from receiving forgiveness from God, all of a sudden you decided to pick up the rosaries and start praying to His Mother-wasn't God's forgiveness good enough for you?
Really is it worth the risk, you know you are lying against the word of God, saving yourselves from the condemnation of your Church will not save you. You are lying to yourselves and the Church in this matter, fear God-not the Catholic Church.
Your fears are to far beyond, you said: God answered you, and then what happen the spirit of the Church took God by surprise, and then a second "voice" told you to pick up the Rosaries and start praying to His Mother, Why would God go against His own words, and say, The Rosaries are the station of the cross, again He said, so you come through My Mother.
He had already answered your prayers, forgiven you, isn't that enough?
It seems, with this story you were listening to two voices, God's voice forgave you on the mountain, and the second voice said come and pray the Rosaries.
It seems God isn't worthy of His own authority Psalm 5:2, Acts 7:59, Ephesians 5:20, John 15:16, 16:23.
All these scriptures say we can only pray to God the Father in Jesus name, there are no scriptures written in the bible concerning we pray to Mary the Mother of Jesus.
Mary hasn't got that authority to receive prayers from anybody, nor answer them.

Don't forget Mary said do what ever Jesus tells you to do, she was letting them know Jesus has been given all the authority given by God the Father. No authority was given to Mary the Mother of Jesus, our prayers are directed to God alone. You are wasting your time.
ebukason3:
The rosary is a powerful simple bold prayer. There was a time we went to mountain to pray, as we are asking for Gods mercy a voice audible to us all said "i will not forgive you" many times. We cry for mercy, liedown on bare mountain, sang psalm 51 still the voice persists; Then we said the rosary with the stations of the cross, and the voice then said "so you come through my mother; you can now...". The rosary is all about meditation, contemptlation on the birth, life , death, resurrection of Lord Jesus Christ(joyful,sorrowful,glorious and mysteries of light) and imploying Marys intercession just as She did it cannan added to angelic salute of angel Gabriel. I know some non-catholics do say the chaplet of divine mercy and precious blood of Jesus Christ.

Christianity is all about being Christ like; just as it was recorded in antioch. The problem with some Catholics they don't know what they have and problem with non-Catholics is that "my G.O said.." bread and buyer Christianity forging the cross.

God bless us all.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ebukason3(m): 10:04pm On Jan 05, 2016
brocab:
Repeatedly you went up to the mountain to pray to God, and sang Psalm 51, God then answered you and said. I will forgive you many times.
And then your story changed from receiving forgiveness from God, all of a sudden you decided to pick up the rosaries and start praying to His Mother-wasn't God's forgiveness good enough for you?
Really is it worth the risk, you know you are lying against the word of God, saving yourselves from the condemnation of your Church will not save you. You are lying to yourselves and the Church in this matter, fear God-not the Catholic Church.
Your fears are to far beyond, you said: God answered you, and then what happen the spirit of the Church took God by surprise, and then a second "voice" told you to pick up the Rosaries and start praying to His Mother, Why would God go against His own words, and say, The Rosaries are the station of the cross, again He said, so you come through My Mother.
He had already answered your prayers, forgiven you, isn't that enough?
It seems, with this story you were listening to two voices, God's voice forgave you on the mountain, and the second voice said come and pray the Rosaries.
It seems God isn't worthy of His own authority Psalm 5:2, Acts 7:59, Ephesians 5:20, John 15:16, 16:23.
All these scriptures say we can only pray to God the Father in Jesus name, there are no scriptures written in the bible concerning we pray to Mary the Mother of Jesus.
Mary hasn't got that authority to receive prayers from anybody, nor answer them.

Don't forget Mary said do what ever Jesus tells you to do, she was letting them know Jesus has been given all the authority given by God the Father. No authority was given to Mary the Mother of Jesus, our prayers are directed to God alone. You are wasting your time.

pls bro cab, i don't really know what you did not understand, i will try my best answer some of the issues you raised.
That was my personal experience December 2013. Since i have been a charismatic; that was first time i experience such.

i was talking a particular encounter here, after the psalm 51 and crying for mercy; the voice still persist, then we ask for Marys intercession through the rosary.
Really is it worth the risk, you know you are lying against the word of God, saving yourselves from the condemnation of your Church will not save you.
what's the lying here, was it that my own experience was a lie, or saying the rosary was a lie against the word of God? John19:26-27 made me understand that Mary is a mother to a disciple. Revelation 5:8 and 8:3-4 tells me that saints offer our prayers to God; how much more of mother of Jesus whom interced in john2:1-11 by just being invited to a wedding. Don't forget this all generations shall call Mary blessed (Luke1:48).
On question of being saved i believed in Jesus Christ see (acts 16:30, Roman 10:9) and always said it in the creed.
and then a second "voice" told you to pick up the Rosaries and start praying to His Mother, Why would God go against His own words, and say, The Rosaries are the station of the cross,
there was no any second voice and i did not see "the rosaries are station of the cross " on my post.

One of my brother had another experience, it happened that one of our charismatic brother left the catholic faith although still friends, one day my brother had a prayer meeting to attend in lagos so stayed with the old friend, now as the old friend came to pick him at the prayer venue, they were about to close and saying the prayer "we fly to thy patronage..." the old friend joined hands with them anointing threw him mightly down. There were many many experiences.

In our relationship with God; its not all about praying in tongues (there are tongues beyond upperroom), vision, prophesy, for many have received the gift of the holy spirit in premature repentance. As you grow spiritually you will have different revelations God, You also need mentors when you outgrow your mentor take another mentor. Holy spirit is really a helper, so is mother Mary an intercessor. May God continue to bless us all.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 5:48am On Jan 07, 2016
Sorry I did read it wrong, so God didn't forgive you? God's a forgiven God.
As you can see-we Christians are much different then you Christians, we believe God's a forgiven God, in your case God didn't forgive you. So you tried through His Mother praying the rosary's, and God said so you come through My Mother.
This story still sounds to far fetch-first you say, you had heard God's voice on the mountain, and then after He answered your prayers, you then decided to pray the rosary's asking Mary for that same forgiveness. Why?
Well when Jesus gave us mentors, He gave us some pastors, some teachers, some evangelist, etc. Mary can't teach you, nor can she pastor you, nor evangelise?
Just read back on your prayers page, and you will find your prayer Quote> we said the rosary's with the stations of the cross.
And the voice then said, you come through my mother, you can now, "The rosary is all about meditation.

ebukason3:

pls bro cab, i don't really know what you did not understand, i will try my best answer some of the issues you raised.
That was my personal experience December 2013. Since i have been a charismatic; that was first time i experience such.
i was talking a particular encounter here, after the psalm 51 and crying for mercy; the voice still persist, then we ask for Marys intercession through the rosary.
Really is it worth the risk, you know you are lying against the word of God, saving yourselves from the condemnation of your Church will not save you.
what's the lying here, was it that my own experience was a lie, or saying the rosary was a lie against the word of God? John19:26-27 made me understand that Mary is a mother to a disciple. Revelation 5:8 and 8:3-4 tells me that saints offer our prayers to God; how much more of mother of Jesus whom interced in john2:1-11 by just being invited to a wedding. Don't forget this all generations shall call Mary blessed (Luke1:48).
On question of being saved i believed in Jesus Christ see (acts 16:30, Roman 10:9) and always said it in the creed.
and then a second "voice" told you to pick up the Rosaries and start praying to His Mother, Why would God go against His own words, and say, The Rosaries are the station of the cross,
there was no any second voice and i did not see "the rosaries are station of the cross " on my post.

One of my brother had another experience, it happened that one of our charismatic brother left the catholic faith although still friends, one day my brother had a prayer meeting to attend in lagos so stayed with the old friend, now as the old friend came to pick him at the prayer venue, they were about to close and saying the prayer "we fly to thy patronage..." the old friend joined hands with them anointing threw him mightly down. There were many many experiences.

In our relationship with God; its not all about praying in tongues (there are tongues beyond upperroom), vision, prophesy, for many have received the gift of the holy spirit in premature repentance. As you grow spiritually you will have different revelations God, You also need mentors when you outgrow your mentor take another mentor. Holy spirit is really a helper, so is mother Mary an intercessor. May God continue to bless us all.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by ebukason3(m): 7:58am On Jan 09, 2016
brocab:
Sorry I did read it wrong, so God didn't forgive you? God's a forgiven God.
As you can see-we Christians are much different then you Christians, we believe God's a forgiven God, in your case God didn't forgive you. So you tried through His Mother praying the rosary's, and God said so you come through My Mother.
This story still sounds to far fetch-first you say, you had heard God's voice on the mountain, and then after He answered your prayers, you then decided to pray the rosary's asking Mary for that same forgiveness. Why?
Well when Jesus gave us mentors, He gave us some pastors, some teachers, some evangelist, etc. Mary can't teach you, nor can she pastor you, nor evangelise?
Just read back on your prayers page, and you will find your prayer Quote> we said the rosary's with the stations of the cross.
And the voice then said, you come through my mother, you can now, "The rosary is all about meditation.

I felt you do not believe in the rosary nor in Marys intercession. If you have experience the new birth and have receive the baptism of the HolyGhost, ask the HolySpirit for revelations on "Marys intercession and rosary" just ask the HolySpirit.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2016
Sorry I wasn't baptised as a child-and I do have the holy Spirit residing in myself only because I am a born again Christian, I don't believe in the rosaries nor do I believe in Mary's intercession, I only pray to our Lord, as He has directed me too in the word of God.
Matthew 6:6 "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father who see's what is done in secret will reward you.
No-one told me to pray the rosaries nor Mary's intercession, it is unscriptural. Of course you can find scriptures that sounds, like? But theirs nothing written in any part of the bible where it says, we are to pray the rosaries.
ebukason3:

I felt you do not believe in the rosary nor in Marys intercession. If you have experience the new birth and have receive the baptism of the HolyGhost, ask the HolySpirit for revelations on "Marys intercession and rosary" just ask the HolySpirit.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Emasearu(m): 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2016
ijawkid:

Lol........

And I think Jesus is still praying that the cup should pass over Him till today abi??

Did Jesus recite that prayer every morning and evening??

did Jesus start reciting that prayer from his birth ,till he was impaled and after his ressurection??

Italo you have got no idea of what prayer is and how you guys follow a routine of stereotypical prayers bowing down before images and using the rosary all in the name of wanting to worship God........

Jesus prayed heartfelt prayers to his heavenly Father,.......and not some memorized repititive words of prayer......

Jesus never adopted pagan traditions to worship his Father.....

Jesus worshipped his Father in spirit and in truth.......

Every morning you wake up you keep repeating the same slogan over and over again...

""Hail mary mother of God please pray for us sinners""

Did Jesus teach you that??

Please answer the posters question....

Why do you use the rosary in prayers.??...

Who started it??what's its origin??

I just wrote down exactly were u guys adopted the use of beads in worship...

If its not true please rebut it.....

Good day, Ijawkid. The use of Rosary, of the Blessed Virgin Mary, began around the 13th century. It was recorded that St Dominic (a Catholic priest) saw the Blessed Virgin in an apparition. She gave him the beaded object, and taught him how to say it. He was to use it to fight against the Albigensian heresy. The heresy died down with the help of the Rosary. You can do some personal research about the heresy if U have any doubt.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Emasearu(m): 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2016
ijawkid:

Lol........

Why do you use the rosary in prayers.??...

Who started it??what's its origin??

I just wrote down exactly were u guys adopted the use of beads in worship...

If its not true please rebut it.....

We use the Rosary because we know that Mary's intercession is beneficial to us. We are taught that Jesus loves His mother, and so would grant anything she asks of Him that's in accordance with His divine will. So if we know that we can have a praying partner, which would make 2 people praying before God - a sinner & a saint, why wouldn't we have that?
That stated, we aren't told that all prayers must be through Mary. So there are times we do pray to God directly; at mass, we pray through his Son.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Emasearu(m): 5:27pm On Sep 30, 2016
uyplus:
Would luv 2knw y cathlcs bow to mary's statue, and pray repetetive prayers with da rosary, which the bible condemns.. Is bowin to a statue nt idolatry pls??

Good day, sir. Please has anyone given you a satisfactory answer, because I have some answers for you? However, I don't want to repeat what someone else has "said."
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 1:17am On Oct 01, 2016
The truth of this matter is, they pray the rosary's because they haven't found Jesus in their hearts...
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Emasearu(m): 7:48am On Oct 01, 2016
brocab:
The truth of this matter is, they pray the rosary's because they haven't found Jesus in their hearts...

I'm sorry, but I find this comment of yours offensive. It seems you're not familiar w/ the Rosary. It's both a prayer and a reflection of the life of "Jesus", and some bits about His mother. As a prayer, it's addressed to God as Trinity; and at certain points of the prayer, to God the Father & God the Holy Spirit. At the Our Father's, we pray directly to God. And at the Hail Mary's to Mary asking her to speak to her Son on our behalf, because she's His mother and with Him in Heaven. We believe that God raised her up in status by making her the Mother of the Word. By that very fact we know she has a special place in Heaven, and that her prayers are very powerful w/ Him. What I think you don't know if that at the end of the prayer, we beg God to answer the prayers that we've made through Mary, the mother of His Son. We in no way by-pass God. If the Son knows that we are just simply asking His mom to put in a good word for us, why would he hate that? . . .
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 8:28am On Oct 01, 2016
Even thy you may say my comment of mine sounds offensive, you in the other hand had also agreed with me, you ask Mary to speak to her Son on your behalf? Because she's the Mother with Him in Heaven?
So really Mary comes first in your heart, not Jesus.
See we Christians aren't religious like you Christians, we do what the word tells us to do, we pray directly to God. And In the name of Jesus, His name is above all other names. Mary doesn't even get a mention, Jesus is our mediator 'not Mary..
If you truly accepted Christ into your life, you would know truthfully who you pray too, but because God has not called you into His kingdom , you will always feel someone is insulting you, and your beliefs.
But I am not, I am only speaking the truth....
Emasearu:

I'm sorry, but I find this comment of yours offensive. It seems you're not familiar w/ the Rosary. It's both a prayer and a reflection of the life of "Jesus", and some bits about His mother. As a prayer, it's addressed to God as Trinity; and at certain points of the prayer, to God the Father & God the Holy Spirit. At the Our Father's, we pray directly to God. And at the Hail Mary's to Mary asking her to speak to her Son on our behalf, because she's His mother and with Him in Heaven. We believe that God raised her up in status by making her the Mother of the Word. By that very fact we know she has a special place in Heaven, and that her prayers are very powerful w/ Him. What I think you don't know if that at the end of the prayer, we beg God to answer the prayers that we've made through Mary, the mother of His Son. We in no way by-pass God. If the Son knows that we are just simply asking His mom to put in a good word for us, why would he hate that? . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (83) (Reply)

Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / ww3 to heat up before end of may 2015 / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.