Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,847 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:21 AM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (115319 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Emasearu(m): 2:45pm On Oct 01, 2016
brocab:
Even thy you may say my comment of mine sounds offensive, you in the other hand had also agreed with me, you ask Mary to speak to her Son on your behalf? Because she's the Mother with Him in Heaven?
So really Mary comes first in your heart, not Jesus.
See we Christians aren't religious like you Christians, we do what the word tells us to do, we pray directly to God. And In the name of Jesus, His name is above all other names. Mary doesn't even get a mention, Jesus is our mediator 'not Mary..
If you truly accepted Christ into your life, you would know truthfully who you pray too, but because God has not called you into His kingdom , you will always feel someone is insulting you, and your beliefs.
But I am not, I am only speaking the truth....

Thanks for your reply. I would like U to know something. Jesus founded a church, right? If you agree w/ that then you'd know He founded it on Peter (Mt. 16:17-19). Verse 19 meant that that Church will be perpetual and would not teach error. That's attested to by 1 Tim. 3:15, where the Church is referred to as the 'pillar' & 'foundation' of truth (version: NAB).
Could such a church, then, have a false teaching? Given also that it was God Himself who made the promise in that portion of Matthew I quoted.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Emasearu(m): 2:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
brocab:
Even thy you may say my comment of mine sounds offensive, you in the other hand had also agreed with me, you ask Mary to speak to her Son on your behalf? Because she's the Mother with Him in Heaven?
See we Christians aren't religious like you Christians, we do what the word tells us to do, we pray directly to God. And In the name of Jesus, His name is above all other names. Mary doesn't even get a mention, Jesus is our mediator 'not Mary..
If you truly accepted Christ into your life, you would know truthfully who you pray too, but because God has not called you into His kingdom , you will always feel someone is insulting you, and your beliefs.

It's only the Roman Cath. Church that can trace it's headship from Pope Francis up to St Peter in an "unbroken succession". That's a historical fact; you can verify it. So if there's anything she teaches that seems wrong to you, or contrary to the Bible, it can't be that it's a false teaching. It would be that there's either something wrong w/ ur understanding, or that that's not she truly teaches.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Emasearu(m): 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2016
brocab:

I'll respond to U later 'bout the whole mediator thing.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Emasearu(m): 5:06pm On Oct 01, 2016
brocab:
[color=#000099]If you truly accepted Christ into your life, you would know truthfully who you pray too, but because God has not called you into His kingdom , you will always feel someone is insulting you, and your beliefs.

If you look at James 5:16, you would find out that the prayer of a righteous man availeth much, and that we are even "told" to pray for one another. Is there anyone more righteous than those who are already in Heaven? Isn't Mary in Heaven since God's grace kept her from sinning?
1 Tim 2:1-4 is another passage which contradicts the idea of yours that God only permits that we pray to Him directly. In verse 1, the word "intercession" is used. That's the same word we Catholics use when we talk of the Saints and the Blessed Virgin. It's also mentioned that we "pray for one another". I'd like you to consider the points I've raised.
NB: I'm afraid you can't tell what's in my heart as you aren't God.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 7:44pm On Oct 01, 2016
I can see your Heart-by your knowledge you have toward Jesus, Mary is your mediator.
You can give me, as many scriptures as you wish , but none of the scriptures say's pray directly to Mary, praying for one another isn't praying to the person 'it's praying for the person.

And in your case you would rather pray to Mary-you ask Her to mediate for you so Jesus will forgive you, plus Mary wasn't a Virgin after she had other children after Jesus.
She was the Mother, but she was flesh and blood like you and me...
I don't pray for those in heaven, because I don't know who's their, and I don't know who made it to heaven, sin gets in our way, when I make it to heaven surprise me.
I can only pray for those who the Lord puts it on my heart to pray, people in heaven have made heaven already, its the people on earth who needs praying for.. Not dead saints, not people in Heaven, not people in purgatory {Hell} But the people who are still living, needs our prayers...
Emasearu:

If you look at James 5:16, you would find out that the prayer of a righteous man availeth much, and that we are even "told" to pray for one another. Is there anyone more righteous than those who are already in Heaven? Isn't Mary in Heaven since God's grace kept her from sinning?
1 Tim 2:1-4 is another passage which contradicts the idea of yours that God only permits that we pray to Him directly. In verse 1, the word "intercession" is used. That's the same word we Catholics use when we talk of the Saints and the Blessed Virgin. It's also mentioned that we "pray for one another". I'd like you to consider the points I've raised.
NB: I'm afraid you can't tell what's in my heart as you aren't God.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 8:03pm On Oct 01, 2016
Once someone becomes born again it doesn't matter what bible we read, the Lord directs us to His word. And each time I read my bible, His words come alive in my heart.
In my early years of becoming a Christian and I started to study the bible, I didn't understand many of the scriptures, even thy I had read them over and over, until I asked the Lord in prayer, and He directed me, through His Spirit to understand the verse I wanted to know.
The bible isn't only written in black and white, it is Spiritual, and when the Lord speaks through it, He speaks His word, not the words of the interpreters that keeps on changing the words around in the bible to suit their needs, I suppose they do it, to draw people further away from God ...
The King James is the best and most truthful bibles, I have ever studied, it stands along side the 1611 version.
And Mary's name isn't to be praised and worship, either an Roman Catholic or a Catholic interpreter had added these words for you Catholic's to follow...The word of God say's go into your secret place and pray to God directly, not Mary...
Emasearu:

It's only the Roman Cath. Church that can trace it's headship from Pope Francis up to St Peter in an "unbroken succession". That's a historical fact; you can verify it. So if there's anything she teaches that seems wrong to you, or contrary to the Bible, it can't be that it's a false teaching. It would be that there's either something wrong w/ ur understanding, or that that's not she truly teaches.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 8:25pm On Oct 01, 2016
Jesus didn't founded the Church, He is the Church, and He didn't find the Church on Peter, He found the Church on the words Peter spoke, God the Father used Peter to say truly you are the Son of the living God, this is the word of God that built His Church, the body of Christ is the Church.
Not some religious building made of Brick and mortar you call Rome...
Again an interpreter had changed the scriptures,around so you believe. The Church is the word of God, and plus why did your Church allow Emperor Nero to murder Peter hanging him upside down on a cross, maybe Peter was against the paganism Rome worshipped more then the true God Himself-and cutting Paul's head clean off, which I don't understand is, Peter was a married man, and truly was he, or was he not, the same Peter you Catholic's believed him to be? {1 timothy 3:16} The pillar of the living God is the foundation of the truth. If you become a born again Christian you to will be in God's household...Don't forget Jesus said one must be born again before he can enter into the kingdom of God, and in your case you are born only in side your Church, with evidence followed..
Emasearu:

Thanks for your reply. I would like U to know something. Jesus founded a church, right? If you agree w/ that then you'd know He founded it on Peter (Mt. 16:17-19). Verse 19 meant that that Church will be perpetual and would not teach error. That's attested to by 1 Tim. 3:15, where the Church is referred to as the 'pillar' & 'foundation' of truth (version: NAB).
Could such a church, then, have a false teaching? Given also that it was God Himself who made the promise in that portion of Matthew I quoted.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Emasearu(m): 8:35am On Oct 02, 2016
brocab:
Jesus didn't founded the Church, He is the Church, and He didn't find the Church on Peter, He found the Church on the words Peter spoke, God the Father used Peter to say truly you are the Son of the living God, this is the word of God that built His Church, the body of Christ is the Church.

I'm afraid your first sentence is false. Let me show you why. Matthew 16:18 (Today's English Version):-
18. Jesus: "And so I tell you, Peter: you are a rock , and on this rock foundation I will build my church, ..."
Isn't it now obvious that Peter himself was the rock, and not his words (or his faith) as some people claim? What does "your" translation say?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Emasearu(m): 11:55am On Oct 02, 2016
brocab:
[color=#000099]Again an interpreter had changed the scriptures,around so you believe.
This is from Eph. 1: "22. And he has put all things under his feet and has made him the head over all things for the church , 23. which is his body , the fullness of him who fills all in all." The emphasis is mine. I hope you now see that the Church is His body. You can look at that passage in "your" bible to get the whole idea of who he was referring to.
Please what interpreter are you referring to? And what do U mean by "around so you believe"? That comma there is confusing.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Emasearu(m): 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
brocab:
[color=#000099]And in your case you would rather pray to Mary-you ask Her to mediate for you so Jesus will forgive you, plus Mary wasn't a Virgin after she had other children after Jesus.
No, sir. You've either been ignoring what I've been writing, or are just sorely mistaken. I have no fears in praying to God directly, but when I want my prayers to be extra powerful, I seek Mary's intercession. Mary is in Heaven, thus a saint. The saints are still members of the Body of Christ because death doesn't cut them off from the Church. I'll cite some verses later.
Remember that in that passage from Tim. that I gave you, St Paul said "intercession" -- praying [directly] to God on someone's behalf, in this case -- pleases God. Do check verse 4 of the passage, pls.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by calmG(m): 2:54pm On Oct 02, 2016
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by calmG(m): 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2016
Emasearu:
No, sir. You've either been ignoring what I've been writing, or are just sorely mistaken. I have no fears in praying to God directly, but when I want my prayers to be extra powerful, I seek Mary's intercession. Mary is in Heaven, thus a saint. The saints are still members of the Body of Christ because death doesn't cut them off from the Church. I'll cite some verses later.
Remember that in that passage from Tim. that I gave you, St Paul said "intercession" -- praying [directly] to God on someone's behalf, in this case -- pleases God. Do check verse 4 of the passage, pls.
will u be comfortable praying to God through Elijah or
Moses. Its just the same thing...
The only way to the Father is thru Jesus."No one
comes to the father except thru me". said Jesus...Y
then do u think going thru Mary makes ur prayer
more powerful...
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Emasearu(m): 9:39pm On Oct 02, 2016
calmG:

will u be comfortable praying to God through Elijah or
Moses. Its just the same thing...
The only way to the Father is thru Jesus."No one
comes to the father except thru me". said Jesus...Y
then do u think going thru Mary makes ur prayer
more powerful...

No, it's not. Those people you mentioned died before Christ came. Mary and the other saints in Heaven received the message of salvation in the time of Christ, and the latter after Christ had left His sheep in Peter's care.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 10:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
You say you pray directly to God, but if you pray to Mary your prayers are extra powerful? not only is Mary an intercessor we all are.
And you said you seek after her intercession, not only Mary, but his disciples are also in heaven as well as the many millions of disciples who have gone up recently.

Once you are in heaven their is no need to pray for them, they are the ones who have made it, we need to pray for those like us who are still on earth, so one day we also may hit heaven too. We are still saints to Christ here on earth. once we have left earth to be with the lord, we are no longer part of any denomination.
1 Timothy is praying straight to God, not Mary, intercessing for one another is not praying to Mary, its praying straight to God, He has the power, not Mary, He is creator, Not Mary, He is the one that created all of us, not Mary, Mary was the Mother of Jesus, that is all, she isn't even written in the bible to pray to Her. She even became a disciple, she also was in the house with the others when the Holy Spirit was sent by the Lord.
Mediating so She will ask Jesus to help you in life. In the bible we can directly pray to Jesus, everything comes under the name of Jesus, Jesus is the only one who can bring us directly to God, not Mary, and no other person can do such a thing, Mary is like us, man woman can't save us, only Jesus can.
God said pray to Him in your secret place, which can be your bedroom, where ever, it doesn't matter, God needs us, as much as we need Him.
Emasearu:
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 11:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
Now you are getting it, you are now saying the body is the Church, the body is the people that makes the Church, not a building or a denomination made of brick and mortar. An interpreter is someone who had changed the word of God, you say you pray for Mary's intercession, there is no where in the bible this is written.
Lets look up some truth about the Roman Catholic Church-The issues of Catholic's praying to saints, is one that is full of confession, It is an official positions of the Roman Catholic Church that Catholic's do not pray to saints, or Mary, but rather that Catholic's can ask saints or Mary to pray for them.
The official position of the Roman Catholic Church is that asking saints for their prayers is no different then asking someone here on earth to pray for us.
However the practises of many Catholic diverges from official Roman Catholic teaching many Catholic's do directly pray directly to saints, or Mary, asking them for help, instead of asking the saints or Mary to intercede with God for help.
What ever the case Where ever, weather a saint or Mary being prayed too or ask to pray, neither practice have any biblical basis.

The bible nowhere instructs believers in Christ to pray to anyone other then God. The bible nowhere encourage, or even mentions, asks individuals in heaven for their prayers. Why then do many Catholic's pray to Mary or their saints, or request their prayers?
Catholic's view Mary and the saints as "intercessors" before God.

They believe that a saint in heaven who is glorified in heaven, "has more direct access" to God than we do.
Therefore if a saint delivers a prayer to God, it is more effective then us praying to God directly. This is unbiblical.

{Hebrews 4:16} That we believers here on earth can approach the throne of Grace with confidence.
{1 Timothy 2:5} For there is one God and mediator between God and Man, the man Christ Jesus. There is no-one else that can mediate with God for us,.
If Jesus is the only mediator, THAT Indicates Mary and the saints can not be mediators, they can not mediate our request to God.
Further the bible tells us that Jesus Christ is interceding for us before the Father. "Therefore He is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them {Hebrews 7:25}
With Himself interceding for us, why would we need Mary or the saints, to intercede for us?
Whom would God listen to more closely to His Son? {Romans 8:26-27} describes the Holy Spirit interceding for us, with the second and the third of the Trinity already interceding for us before the Father in Heaven, what possible need to have Mary or the saints to have interceding for us?
Catholic's argue that praying to Mary and the saints are no different to praying for someone on earth. Lets examine that claim?
{1} Paul ask for other Christians to pray for Him {Ephesians 6:9} Many scriptures describe believers praying for one another {2 Corinthians 1:11, Ephesians 1:16, Philippians 1:19, 2 Timothy 1:3}
The bible nowhere mentions anyone asking for someone in Heaven to pray for them. The bible nowhere mentions anyone in Heaven praying for anyone on Earth.
{2} The bible gives no indication that Mary or the saints can hear our prayers here on Earth, Mary and the saints are not omniscient even glorified in heaven, they are still finite being with intimations. How could they possibly hear the prayers of millions of people?
How ever the bible mentions praying or speaking with the dead, it is in the context of sorcery witchcraft, necromancy divination-activities the bible strongly condemns {Leviticus 20:27, Deuteronomy 18:10-13} In one instance when a saint is spoken to when Samuel in {1 Samual 28:7-19:7-19} Samuel is not exactly to be disturbed, it is clear that praying to Mary or the saints is completely different from asking someone here on Earth to pray for us.
One had a strange biblical basis, and the other has no biblical basis at whatsoever.
God does not answer prayers based on who is praying, God answers prayers whether they are ask according to His will {1 John 5:14-15} There is no absolutely or need to pray to anyone other then God alone.
There are no basis for asking those who are in heaven to pray for us.

ONLY GOD CAN HEAR OUR PRAYERS. ONLY GOD AND ANSWER OUR PRAYERS. No-one in heaven has any greater access to God's throne then we do through prayer {Hebrews 4:16}
This should square this up a little, and if anyone is reading this, first go to your bibles and find the truth yourselves. Catholic's pray to the dead rather then praying for the living.
Emasearu:
This is from Eph. 1: "22. And he has put all things under his feet and has made him the head over all things for the church , 23. which is his body , the fullness of him who fills all in all." The emphasis is mine. I hope you now see that the Church is His body. You can look at that passage in "your" bible to get the whole idea of who he was referring to.
Please what interpreter are you referring to? And what do U mean by "around so you believe"? That comma there is confusing.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 12:55am On Oct 03, 2016
If you knew the word of God as well as you say you do? Its the word of God that built the Church Jesus built His church on His word, and the words that Peter spoke weren't His own but God Himself spoke through Peter. Peter spoke Gods' words, not His own, so really when we look at the Roman Catholic Church that you say Peter built, He didn't do it on His own accord, the Church was built on the word of God.
Everything we do is based upon God. Peter's flesh done nothing, it was the word of God, the Spirit of God that started the Church..
Jesus's Church is the body. If Jesus's Church was made of brick and mortar He would have preach in it, His Church belonged to Him.
Call it as you see it fit, but not even you believe God's word exist. Read and learn on the next paragraph. The Roman Catholic Church had interpreted their own style of teachings.
Emasearu:

I'm afraid your first sentence is false. Let me show you why. Matthew 16:18 (Today's English Version):-
18. Jesus: "And so I tell you, Peter: you are a rock , and on this rock foundation I will build my church, ..."
Isn't it now obvious that Peter himself was the rock, and not his words (or his faith) as some people claim? What does "your" translation say?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by calmG(m): 10:46am On Oct 03, 2016
Emasearu:
Remember the wedding at Cana in the Bible? Mary wasn't wealthy or anything like that, but when they ran out of wine, they didn't go straight to Jesus. They went to his mother because they knew of a son's love for his mother. They knew Mary would be able to convince Jesus since as his mother, he'd have a soft spot for her. The same thing applies "when" we do pray through her.
Also, her elevation to the status of Mother of God was a big deal. It has given her certain privileges. She's Queen of Heaven. So, she has an added advantage over the other saints.
James 5:16 tells us the advantage of having others pray for us, especially if they're righteous. And St Paul tells that being dead doesn't cause one to cease to be a member of the Church. So the "saints" 'can' pray for us.
That said, the Cath. church doesn't teach that we must always go through Mary to get to Jesus. We do pray to God directly. We do that, for example, when we recite the Lord's Prayer, and daily when we attend Mass.
The Bible also said blessed is her amongs all women...
Now God has to come to earth to save us through somebody;He came thru her. She was just favoured or will I say God just decided to come to earth thru her, It could've been anybody.she wasn't the only virgin then...How then will u now say she is the mother of GOD her creator...How can the creator be the heir of the created.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by calmG(m): 10:53am On Oct 03, 2016
brocab:
Now you are getting it, you are now saying the body is the Church, the body is the people that makes the Church, not a building or a denomination made of brick and mortar. An interpreter is someone who had changed the word of God, you say you pray for Mary's intercession, there is no where in the bible this is written.
Lets look up some truth about the Roman Catholic Church-The issues of Catholic's praying to saints, is one that is full of confession, It is an official positions of the Roman Catholic Church that Catholic's do not pray to saints, or Mary, but rather that Catholic's can ask saints or Mary to pray for them.
The official position of the Roman Catholic Church is that asking saints for their prayers is no different then asking someone here on earth to pray for us.
However the practises of many Catholic diverges from official Roman Catholic teaching many Catholic's do directly pray directly to saints, or Mary, asking them for help, instead of asking the saints or Mary to intercede with God for help.
What ever the case Where ever, weather a saint or Mary being prayed too or ask to pray, neither practice have any biblical basis.

The bible nowhere instructs believers in Christ to pray to anyone other then God. The bible nowhere encourage, or even mentions, asks individuals in heaven for their prayers. Why then do many Catholic's pray to Mary or their saints, or request their prayers?
Catholic's view Mary and the saints as "intercessors" before God.

They believe that a saint in heaven who is glorified in heaven, "has more direct access" to God than we do.
Therefore if a saint delivers a prayer to God, it is more effective then us praying to God directly. This is unbiblical.

{Hebrews 4:16} That we believers here on earth can approach the throne of Grace with confidence.
{1 Timothy 2:5} For there is one God and mediator between God and Man, the man Christ Jesus. There is no-one else that can mediate with God for us,.
If Jesus is the only mediator, THAT Indicates Mary and the saints can not be mediators, they can not mediate our request to God.
Further the bible tells us that Jesus Christ is interceding for us before the Father. "Therefore He is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them {Hebrews 7:25}
With Himself interceding for us, why would we need Mary or the saints, to intercede for us?
Whom would God listen to more closely to His Son? {Romans 8:26-27} describes the Holy Spirit interceding for us, with the second and the third of the Trinity already interceding for us before the Father in Heaven, what possible need to have Mary or the saints to have interceding for us?
Catholic's argue that praying to Mary and the saints are no different to praying for someone on earth. Lets examine that claim?
{1} Paul ask for other Christians to pray for Him {Ephesians 6:9} Many scriptures describe believers praying for one another {2 Corinthians 1:11, Ephesians 1:16, Philippians 1:19, 2 Timothy 1:3}
The bible nowhere mentions anyone asking for someone in Heaven to pray for them. The bible nowhere mentions anyone in Heaven praying for anyone on Earth.
{2} The bible gives no indication that Mary or the saints can hear our prayers here on Earth, Mary and the saints are not omniscient even glorified in heaven, they are still finite being with intimations. How could they possibly hear the prayers of millions of people?
How ever the bible mentions praying or speaking with the dead, it is in the context of sorcery witchcraft, necromancy divination-activities the bible strongly condemns {Leviticus 20:27, Deuteronomy 18:10-13} In one instance when a saint is spoken to when Samuel in {1 Samual 28:7-19:7-19} Samuel is not exactly to be disturbed, it is clear that praying to Mary or the saints is completely different from asking someone here on Earth to pray for us.
One had a strange biblical basis, and the other has no biblical basis at whatsoever.
God does not answer prayers based on who is praying, God answers prayers whether they are ask according to His will {1 John 5:14-15} There is no absolutely or need to pray to anyone other then God alone.
There are no basis for asking those who are in heaven to pray for us.

ONLY GOD CAN HEAR OUR PRAYERS. ONLY GOD AND ANSWER OUR PRAYERS. No-one in heaven has any greater access to God's throne then we do through prayer {Hebrews 4:16}
This should square this up a little, and if anyone is reading this, first go to your bibles and find the truth yourselves. Catholic's pray to the dead rather then praying for the living.
Gbam!
He said it all wiith evidences from the scriptures.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Emasearu(m): 11:09am On Oct 03, 2016
brocab:
If you knew the word of God as well as you say you do? Its the word of God that built the Church Jesus built His church on His word, and the words that Peter spoke weren't His own but God Himself spoke through Peter. Peter spoke Gods' words, not His own, so really when we look at the Roman Catholic Church that you say Peter built, He didn't do it on His own accord, the Church was built on the word of God.
Everything we do is based upon God. Peter's flesh done nothing, it was the word of God, the Spirit of God that started the Church..
Jesus's Church is the body. If Jesus's Church was made of brick and mortar He would have preach in it, His Church belonged to Him.
Call it as you see it fit, but not even you believe God's word exist. Read and learn on the next paragraph. The Roman Catholic Church had interpreted their own style of teachings.

Remember Jesus called Peter "Kephas", which meant "rock". Didn't Jesus give a parable about a man building his house on a rock? Didn't he say that a rock was a solid foundation?
I would like us to end our discussion here. There's an e-book that has a lot of questions you've raised, and their answers. It's here: www.scborromeo.org/glad/glad.pdf and it was written by a Catholic pastor. So he did a much better job than I'm attempting to do. It's not up to 200kB in size.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Emasearu(m): 11:30am On Oct 03, 2016
brocab:
The Roman Catholic Church had interpreted their own style of teachings.
Thank you for your concern, for you desire to correct me because you think I'm in the wrong. It's truly a work of mercy.
I should add that someone decided what books would make the New Testatment, what books were not inspired. The books of scripture themselves don't mention which books are inspired. Surely someone or something had to have been guided by the Holy Spirit when organising the Bible. You should find out who did that.
Then please ask y'self this: if this group of people were able to create a canon for the Bible, wouldn't they be the authority that is to interpet the Bible?
May God bless you.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Emasearu(m): 12:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
calmG:

The Bible also said blessed is her amongs all women...
Now God has to come earth to save us through somebody;He came thru her. She was just favoured or will I say God just decided to come to earth thru her, It could've been anybody.she wasn't the only virgin then...How then will u now say she is the mother of GOD her creator...How can the creator be the heir of the created.
Thank you. I'm glad you acknowledged that she was highly favoured.
Good question. Mary is not the mother of the Blessed Trinity, but a member of that union was born of her at a certain point in history. However Jesus, who shares the same divine substance w/ the two other members, had a physical nature added to His divine nature. Since it's written that she gave birth to Jesus, who is a person "in" God, we can say she's the Mother of God. Do you get it?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Emasearu(m): 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
CalmG sir, this is for you: No, it's not. Those people you mentioned died before Christ came. Mary and the other saints in Heaven received the message of salvation in the time of Christ, and the latter after Christ had left His sheep in Peter's care.
The above is in reply to your question where you mentioned Elijah and Moses. Mary also is different because she was conceived without "original sin", and was chosen to be the Mother of God the Son.
I also ask that you download that e-book I asked "brocab" to d/load. It answers questions like yours.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Emasearu(m): 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
Emasearu:
Thank you. I'm glad you acknowledged that she was highly favoured.
Good question. Mary is not the mother of the Blessed Trinity, but a member of that union was born of her at a certain point in history. However Jesus, who shares the same divine substance w/ the two other members, had a physical nature added to His divine nature. Since it's written that she gave birth to Jesus, who is a person "in" God, we can say she's the Mother of God. Do you get it?
The incarnation is taken as a mystery in the Catholic church, because it's difficult for one to fully understand it.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by calmG(m): 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
Emasearu:
CalmG sir, this is for you: No, it's not. Those people you mentioned died before Cdifferent came. Mary and the other saints in Heaven received the message of salvation in the time of Christ, and the latter after Christ had left His sheep in Peter's care.
The above is in reply to your question where you mentioned Elijah and Moses. Mary also is different because she was conceived without "original sin", and was chosen to be the Mother of God the Son.
I also ask that you download that e-book I asked "brocab" to d/load. It answers questions like yours.
what do you mean by "born without original sin".
It wad only JESUS that sin wasn't found in...Every other person is born with sin..
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by calmG(m): 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
Emasearu, And lemme make 1 tin clear to u...saints are seen by catholics as "Holy"...but I'm sorry to dissapont u no one is holy even the Pope with the title "His Holiness" is not holy in himself...But all of us that are christians and believe in christ JESUS, including u and me are Holy in christ JESUS... are perfect in christ JESUS...No one can ever attain holiness; If not they'll be baosting to GOD in heaven that while we were on earth we were holy...Mary herself was not holy and was also conceived with originsl sin...Her rightousness depends on Christ...Christ also died for her sins as well...
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Emasearu(m): 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2016
calmG:

It wad only JESUS that sin wasn't found in...Every other person is born with sin..

Thanks f'r asking. Original Sin is the stain sin all mankind inherit from Adam due to his disobedience. However, God made Mary an exception because she had a special role in His plan of salvation. Through a woman's disobedience, we receive the penalty of death; through another's obedience, we are raised to life. It's what Jesus was referring to when he called her "woman" in John 2:4, and 19:26. Remember that Adam's wife was first named "woman" (Gen. 2:23). It was 'after' the fall, when she was no longer sinless, that her name changed to Eve (Gen. 3:2)
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by calmG(m): 7:01pm On Oct 03, 2016
Emasearu:

Thanks f'r asking. Original Sin is the stain sin all mankind inherit from Adam due to his disobedience. However, God made Mary an exception because she had a special role in His plan of salvation. Through a woman's disobedience, we receive the penalty of death; through another's obedience, we are raised to life. It's what Jesus was referring to when he called her "woman" in John 2:4, and 19:26. Remember that Adam's wife was first named "woman" (Gen. 2:23). It was 'after' the fall, when she was no longer sinless, that her name changed to Eve (Gen. 3:2)
You're just talking based on what you were told...
u don't have any biblical proof...
if she was conceived without original sin it would've been documented
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Emasearu(m): 7:54pm On Oct 03, 2016
calmG:
Emasearu, And lemme make 1 tin clear to u...saints are seen by catholics as "Holy"...but I'm sorry to dissapont u no one is holy even the Pope with the title "His Holiness" is not holy in himself...But all of us that are christians and believe in christ JESUS, including u and me are Holy in christ JESUS... are perfect in christ JESUS...No one can ever attain holiness; If not they'll be baosting to GOD in heaven that while we were on earth we were holy...Mary herself was not holy and was also conceived with originsl sin...Her rightousness depends on Christ...Christ also died for her sins as well...
When the Pope declares a person a saint, which is always after the person has died, it means the Church is sure that he/she is in Heaven. It doesn't mean the person didn't sin while on earth, but that the person co-operated with the grace of God while on earth. And that whenever the person did sin, he sought God's forgiveness. It's actually much more than I've described, though. Canonization is a long process.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 12:29am On Oct 04, 2016
Some Catholic's still don't get it?
calmG:

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 12:38am On Oct 04, 2016
Mary was born in sin, like we are born in the same nature. Mary was blessed giving birth to Jesus only because of Her faith she had towards God. Jesus died for the sins of this world {1 John 2:2, 1 Peter 3:18} Christ also suffered once for sins, He did this so we could have life.
He died for us, that means He died for His Mother too. He died for all man kind...
Emasearu:
CalmG sir, this is for you: No, it's not. Those people you mentioned died before Christ came. Mary and the other saints in Heaven received the message of salvation in the time of Christ, and the latter after Christ had left His sheep in Peter's care.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 1:48am On Oct 04, 2016
Some believe Moses had written five books of the bible, a man inspired by the Spirit of God, who was sent by God up on the mountain, lets look into the 10 commandments, but he couldn't have written {Deuteronomy 34:5-10} because it spoke of His death. Some other inspired Spirit filled man wrote about Moses death.
Which men wrote the bible it doesn't really matter, every man was inspired by God {John 16:13} But when the Spirit of truth has come He will guide you into all truth, for He shall not speak of Himself, but whatsoever He shall hear, he shall speak, and He will show you things to come.
This is why the bible was written so not only His disciples knew the Lord and the things they seen He had done, and not only through word of mouth, the Spirit of God inspired them to write the bible which is written so the hole world will know Jesus Christ existed and He is Lord.
{John 14:26} The fact is Jesus told His disciples He will send them the Holy Spirit to guide them to remember all things Jesus had told them and done.
{John 15:26} The Father will send the Holy Spirit in My name, He will teach you of all things and remind you of all things I have told you.
{John 16:8} When the Holy Spirit comes He will convict the world about sin. righteousness and judgement..
This proves Mary was a sinner just like you and I.
So this is why Jesus tells His disciples that it is to their advantage that He left them {John 16:7} Because in His leaving, a new helper will be the most sturdy of lifelines to all those who believe upon the gospel.
To receive the Spirit is to receive a helper and advocate for the soul, ONE who will always point to us to Jesus, our redeemer and King, Now this question is for you? Will you listen to Him....
Emasearu:
Thank you for your concern, for you desire to correct me because you think I'm in the wrong. It's truly a work of mercy.
I should add that someone decided what books would make the New Testatment, what books were not inspired. The books of scripture themselves don't mention which books are inspired. Surely someone or something had to have been guided by the Holy Spirit when organising the Bible. You should find out who did that.
Then please ask y'self this: if this group of people were able to create a canon for the Bible, wouldn't they be the authority that is to interpet the Bible?
May God bless you.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 2:53am On Oct 04, 2016
Again you aren't understanding the word of God quite clearly, building our house is building our bodies, haven't you read {Matthew 12:43-45} ? {2 Corinthians 5:17}Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature, the old things passed away, behold the new things has come.
But if your referring to a building made of brick and mortar, even so that needs cleaning out too, demons live in People, {Matthew 12:43-45} when an unclean spirit go's out of a man, he go's through dry places, seeking rest and finds none, Then he say's I will return to my house from which I came, And when he comes he finds it clean and empty, swepted and put in order.
Then he go's takes with him 7 other spirits, more wicked then Himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worst then the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation...
The True foundations of the Church is the word of God. Christ didn't have a building made of brick and mortar, He had His Kingdom within.
He told the Pharisees and the head of the Roman soldiers that year, His kingdom isn't of this world. And if His Kingdom isn't of this world, then His word isn't of this world either..
The word of God was only given by God to inspired people He had chosen, His Church isn't of this world. His Church lives in those who believed and filled with the Holy Spirit teaching us all things to come..
Your Church isn't big enough to hold millions of people, you have buildings, Jesus has a kingdom....
Emasearu:

Remember Jesus called Peter "Kephas", which meant "rock". Didn't Jesus give a parable about a man building his house on a rock? Didn't he say that a rock was a solid foundation?
I would like us to end our discussion here. There's an e-book that has a lot of questions you've raised, and their answers. It's here: www.scborromeo.org/glad/glad.pdf and it was written by a Catholic pastor. So he did a much better job than I'm attempting to do. It's not up to 200kB in size.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (83) (Reply)

Photos From The Attack On Apostle Johnson Suleman's Convoy In Edo (Graphic) / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.