Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,815 members, 7,806,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (116413 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by emmanuelex1(m): 2:54am On Jul 21, 2017
ALRIGHT I WANTED A HEALTHY DISCUSSION TO SHOW YOUR IGNORANCE BUT YOU RESULTED TO INSULTS. NEVERTHELESS I WILL SHOW FEW OF MY EXPLANATION AND WILL STOP AT THAT BECOS I DO NOT WANT TO BE TEMPTED TO INSULT YOU FOR CALLING ME DEVIL AND A LIAR. GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU READY THE BELOW.

CATHOLIC RECITATION SHOWING JESUS IS THE ONE WE ACTUALLY WORSHIP - HERE ARE THE MAIN PRAYERS OF THE ROSARY
• In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost
• I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell. On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sin, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. (Said before the Rosary)
• Our Father, who art in heaven hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. (Said before each decade)
• Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. (Said after each decade)
• O my Jesus, forgive us of our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls into heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy. (Said after each decade)

RECITATION CONCERNING MARY

• Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. (Luke 1:28)
Blessed art thou among women (Luke 1:41-42a, Luke 1:48),
Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus (Luke 1:42b)
Holy Mary, Mother of God (Luke 1:43)
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen (Luke 2:35, John 2:3-5 )
JOHN 2:3-5 ==== 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.” “Woman,why do you involve me?” Jesus replied.“My hour has not yet come.” 5 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”
The "Hail Mary" written above has the scriptural references after each line. Some Evangelicals feel that it is blasphemous to say that Mary is "Holy." Peter quoted Jesus, "you shall be holy because I am holy’" (1 Peter 1:14-16). We don't think Evangelicals would think that is blasphemous. Jesus said that human beings shall be Holy, because Jesus is Holy, and also Mary is Holy because Jesus is Holy. Her holiness is derived from him. Mary's obedience to God and closeness to Jesus made her holy. Our nearness to Jesus makes us Holy.
We are asking Mary to pray for us. She is praying the same way a pastor might pray for you or me. We think she is a kicking prayer warrior than our Catholic Priest or Pastor or even better than Evangelical pastors.

I HAVE BEEN PACKAGING ALOT OF EXPLANATION FOR YOU GUYS BUT EXPECTED NO MORE REPLIES FROM ME BECOS OUR DISCUSSION IS NO MORE HEALTHY DUE TO INSULTS YOU HAVE RAINED ON ME. MAY GOD BLESS US ALL, IN JESUS NAME AMEN.
johnw74:

repeated lies again and again, if u emman have bible verses showing that Mary is to be prayed to,
u would post them and not be giving lying excuses all the time for not posting them.
The reason you don't post bible verses showing that Mary is to be prayed to is because they don't exist
and u would rather go on lying and accusing like your god does, than admit they don't exist.
Christians are happy to post Bible verses showing them to be right, that say's a lot, doesn't it oh great lying accuser
who cannot post Bible verses showing u to be right cheesy

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Rev_12:10  And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by emmanuelex1(m): 2:54am On Jul 21, 2017
I can be blackmailed I have my explanation fully ready, if you claim you have posted the recitation before please copy it and paste again please.
johnw74:

repeated lies again and again, if u emman have bible verses showing that Mary is to be prayed to,
u would post them and not be giving lying excuses all the time for not posting them.
The reason you don't post bible verses showing that Mary is to be prayed to is because they don't exist
and u would rather go on lying and accusing like your god does, than admit they don't exist.
Christians are happy to post Bible verses showing them to be right, that say's a lot, doesn't it oh great lying accuser
who cannot post Bible verses showing u to be right cheesy

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Rev_12:10  And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by emmanuelex1(m): 2:57am On Jul 21, 2017
Since you are Christian I plead in the name of Jesus Christ copy and paste here again and see my reply. I am waiting you.
johnw74:

ha ha, I posted the full hail Mary to you,
u blatantly lie in every post oh son of the devil.

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 3:03am On Jul 21, 2017
emmanuelex1:
I did not notice it, but what stops you from copying and pasting here now again?

u did notice it mr. lie, I even posted a link to it because of all your lying denials, oh scaredy cat

u r scared to post Bible verses, that's surely off the devil,
but the reality is they don't exist and u would rather
just go on post after post, page after page lying and accusing than admit the Bible verses don't exist.

u heap big untruthful one emman
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 3:19am On Jul 21, 2017
emmanuelex1:
I can be blackmailed I have my explanation fully ready, if you claim you have posted the recitation please copy it and paste again please.

emmanuelex1:
I can be blackmailed I have my explanation fully ready, if you claim you have posted the recitation before please copy it and paste again please.

emmanuelex1:

lying accusing emman

Just look at your unashameable repeating of your lies

I have posted and even given link to where I posted the hail Mary
I won't be foolish like u r and post the same thing over and over again
u know the hail Mary, if it's important to your case then post it,
or go back to my post where I posted it, and give your answer from there,
I'm not going to keep doing things for a habitual liar

Post your Bible verses that don't exist smiley showing Mary is to be prayed to, to pray for us
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by emmanuelex1(m): 3:22am On Jul 21, 2017
ALRIGHT I WANTED A HEALTHY DISCUSSION TO SHOW YOUR IGNORANCE BUT YOU RESULTED TO INSULTS. NEVERTHELESS I WILL SHOW FEW OF MY EXPLANATION AND WILL STOP AT THAT BECOS I DO NOT WANT TO BE TEMPTED TO INSULT YOU FOR CALLING ME DEVIL AND A LIAR. GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU READY THE BELOW.

CATHOLIC RECITATION SHOWING JESUS IS THE ONE WE ACTUALLY WORSHIP - HERE ARE THE MAIN PRAYERS OF THE ROSARY
• I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell. On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sin, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. (Said before the Rosary)
• Our Father, who art in heaven hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. (Said before each decade)
• Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. (Said after each decade)
• O my Jesus, forgive us of our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls into heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy. (Said after each decade)

Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen (Luke 2:35, John 2:3-5 )
JOHN 2:3-5 ==== 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.” “Woman,why do you involve me?” Jesus replied.“My hour has not yet come.” 5 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”
The "Hail Mary" written above has the scriptural references after each line. Some Evangelicals feel that it is blasphemous to say that Mary is "Holy." Peter quoted Jesus, "you shall be holy because I am holy’" (1 Peter 1:14-16). We don't think Evangelicals would think that is blasphemous. Jesus said that human beings shall be Holy, because Jesus is Holy, and also Mary is Holy because Jesus is Holy. Her holiness is derived from him. Mary's obedience to God and closeness to Jesus made her holy. Our nearness to Jesus makes us Holy.
We are asking Mary to pray for us. She is praying the same way a pastor might pray for you or me. We think she is a kicking prayer warrior than our Catholic Priest or Pastor or even better than Evangelical pastors.

I HAVE BEEN PACKAGING ALOT OF EXPLANATION FOR YOU GUYS BUT EXPECTED NO MORE REPLIES FROM ME BECOS OUR DISCUSSION IS NO MORE HEALTHY DUE TO INSULTS YOU HAVE RAINED ON ME. MAY GOD BLESS US ALL, IN JESUS NAME AMEN.

johnw74:

u did notice it mr. lie, I even posted a link to it because of all your lying denials, oh scaredy cat

just go on post after post, page after page lying and accusing than admit the Bible verses don't exist.

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by emmanuelex1(m): 3:24am On Jul 21, 2017

johnw74:

lying accusing emman

Just look at your unashameable repeating of your lies

I have posted and even given link to where I posted the hail Mary
I won't be foolish like u r and post the same thing over and over again
u know the hail Mary, if it's important to your case then post it,
or go back to my post where I posted it, and give your answer from there,
I'm not going to keep doing things for a habitual liar

Post your Bible verses that don't exist smiley showing Mary is to be prayed to, to pray for us
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by emmanuelex1(m): 3:26am On Jul 21, 2017

johnw74:

smiley u such a lying accuser emman, oh ignorant one

emman, i responded quickly, but u ran away again cheesy

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by emmanuelex1(m): 3:27am On Jul 21, 2017

johnw74:

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by emmanuelex1(m): 3:28am On Jul 21, 2017

emmanuelex1:
Since you are Christian I plead in the name of Jesus Christ copy and paste here again and see my reply. I am waiting you.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 3:32am On Jul 21, 2017
emmanuelex1:

u emman r definately not in Jesus name
Jesus christ doesn't know u and all other liars:

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it

In Jesus name means "in the authority of Jesus",
it means "according to God's wil"

liars do not have Christ's authority
lying accusers are not doing God's will.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by emmanuelex1(m): 3:35am On Jul 21, 2017

johnw74:

u emman r definately not in Jesus name
Jesus christ doesn't know u and all other liars:

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it

In Jesus name means "in the authority of Jesus",
it means "according to God's wil"

liars do not have Christ's authority
lying accusers are not doing God's will.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 4:16am On Jul 21, 2017
emmanuelex1:

ha ha emman, in all of that only @bold, and @underline, is the only part given to the topic of "praying to Mary", and u give no verse showing that Mary is to be prayed to

Luke 2:35 has nothing to do with we should pray to Mary,
but your confusion is understandable

Luk 2:35  (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

John 2:3-5 also has nothing to do with we should pray to Mary

(Joh 2:3)  And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
(Joh 2:4)  Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.
(Joh 2:5)  His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

@underline, show from the Bible that we are to pray for Mary,
like u said u would
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 4:20am On Jul 21, 2017
emmanuelex1:

emman, that's just a copy and paste of your above post where u r running away from the issue, and talk off other things smiley

where are the Bible verses showing u r to pray to Mary
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 4:21am On Jul 21, 2017
emmanuelex1:

emman, again that's just a copy and paste of your above post smiley

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 4:24am On Jul 21, 2017
emmanuelex1:

emman, yet again that's just a copy and paste of your above posts smiley

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 4:26am On Jul 21, 2017
emmanuelex1:

ummm emman, still again and again that's just a copy and paste of your above posts smiley

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 4:28am On Jul 21, 2017
emmanuelex1:

emman, one more time that's just a copy and paste of your above posts, r there many more to come smiley

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 6:11am On Jul 21, 2017
Babacele:

After 2000 + years of laying the Christian foundation through the apostolic mandate Christ gave Peter and which the early church fathers transferred down to the Catholic clergy through the papacy ,including making the bible available to the whole world ,it is easy for overfed grandchildren in the Christian faith to come around to launch ignorant attacks on their fore parent - the Catholic church.

The catholic church isn't the fore parent of Christians of Faith, God is our Father.
what are these ignorant attacks on rc that u speak off?

Babacele:

These ignorant lots many of who can't survive a 100 years of hades after the death of their founders, always found it hilarious throwing blasphemous hauls at the very important foundation of the Christian redemption- the virgin Mary.

Really, do Christians throw blasphemous hauls at the virgin Mary finding it hilarious?
will you show an example?

And Mary isn't the foundation of Christian Redemption, that one is God:

Psa_19:14  Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Babacele:

These folks who question the special intervention role and divinity of Mary the mother of Jesus, run to their pastors/ daddy GOs to intercede for them before God. Mary Mother and these GOs who is more divine?
Ladies and gentlemen let us take a journey through the Bible where the Catholic simply adopted Mary's acceptance speech to work with God to save humanity from the peril of the adamic sin.

Mary didn't work with God to save humanity, God-the lord and Saviour Jesus Christ did that:

Tit_1:4  To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Act_4:12  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

u baba should be spreading God's word and not false doctrines.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 6:24am On Jul 21, 2017
Babacele:

After the Annunciation ei the message of God's willing to manifest in flesh through birth to Mary by Angel Gabriel , the Holy Mother accepted this huge opportunity to redeem humanity by say: " behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy world...." Lk 1:38

again, Mary didn't redeem humanity,

Isa_60:16  Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

Tit_2:14  Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Rom_3:24  Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Eph_1:7  In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Babacele:

When Mary visited her cousin Elizabeth in Lk1:40-43, her divine presence - holy spirit-was felt even by the baby in Elizabeth's womb who said: " whence is it to me that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" ,to which Mary replied thus:
My soul magnify the Lord,......for he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Lk46-48.

All Christians of Faith acknowledge that Mary was-is blessed by God.

Some acknowledge it by praying to her, and by kneeling befor a statue of her,
but that isn't Bibical acknowledgment, that's more like satanic acknowledgement,
worshipping the created, rather than the Creator.
And kneeling before, or standing before a statue and praying is worship and idolatery.

Lev_26:1  Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.

Babacele:

So who are the generations calling Mary blessed today if not Catholics ?

All generations of Christians have acknowledge that Mary was blessed by God

rc's do more than call Mary blessed:

they pray to her, have statues of her,
put her before the Father by praying 10 hail Marys to one our Father etc.
all un Bibical, and satanic imo

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 8:43am On Jul 21, 2017
THE MEANING TO RECITATION IS SOMETHING YOU WOULD REPEAT SOMETHING ALOUD OF MEMORY, OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER?
So what is it-would you like me to repeat over, and over, and over, without insulting you?
emmanuelex1:
I am sorry Man I requested the full recitation and nothing more. I can not see any recitation. If you have truly posted it before in full please copy and paste to me, and note Do not explain anything to me , just copy and paste the recitation you said you ave typed before while I do the explanation. If you insult me I would stop replying you.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 8:49am On Jul 21, 2017
Is this it-is this all we get-where's the part Emman said we have to pray to Mary?
johnw74:

emman, one more time that's just a copy and paste of your above posts, r there many more to come smiley

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 8:56am On Jul 21, 2017
Where is the part-we have to pray to Mary? You mean to say we waited this long-for nothing, do us a favour, don't return our calls.
emmanuelex1:

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Babacele: 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2017
johnw74:

The catholic church isn't the fore parent of Christians of Faith, God is our Father.
what are these ignorant attacks on rc that u speak off?

Really, do Christians throw blasphemous hauls at the virgin Mary finding it hilarious?
will you show an example?

And Mary isn't the foundation of Christian Redemption, that one is God:

Psa_19:14  Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Mary didn't work with God to save humanity, God-the lord and Saviour Jesus Christ did that:

Tit_1:4  To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Act_4:12  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

u baba should be spreading God's word and not false doctrines.
who gave birth to God in man flesh -Jesus? Or Elizabeth ,filled with the Holy spirit, was wrong to have called Her " the Mother of my Lord Lk1:43"? Even when his hour has not come ,didn't Mary make it happen in that wedding in Canaan, and has that power to intercede, to give birth to and nuture God in flesh( making the impossible possible) taken away from Holy Mary? Is there any difference in the divinity of God and the mother of God?
Bible grew out of Christianity and not the other way and the catholic church made it happen. For example the new testament was translated, copied and made available from Egypt by St Augustine ,a catholic priest.
The world would be judged by love and not religious claims.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Babacele: 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2017
brocab:
Where is the part-we have to pray to Mary? You mean to say we waited this long-for nothing, do us a favour, don't return our calls.
According to St Stephen, God does not stay in any place built by men, so why do you go to your church to look for God? We poor Catholic sinners pray to God through the mother of God Mary who is in heaven with God and the saints.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Babacele: 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
johnw74:

again, Mary didn't redeem humanity,

Isa_60:16  Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

Tit_2:14  Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Rom_3:24  Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Eph_1:7  In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

All Christians of Faith acknowledge that Mary was-is blessed by God.

Some acknowledge it by praying to her, and by kneeling befor a statue of her,
but that isn't Bibical acknowledgment, that's more like satanic acknowledgement,
worshipping the created, rather than the Creator.
And kneeling before, or standing before a statue and praying is worship and idolatery.

Lev_26:1  Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.

All generations of Christians have acknowledge that Mary was blessed by God

rc's do more than call Mary blessed:

they pray to her, have statues of her,
put her before the Father by praying 10 hail Marys to one our Father etc.
all un Bibical, and satanic imo

the Pentecostal generation that is calling her envelope or demon?

Despite the divinity of Mary ,mother of God, we catholics direct all our prayers to God Almighty and only beg Mary and the Saints to help us pray to God because they are holier.
We are not like the old testament folks who didn't know God but believed in stones,woods etc as their God.

God himself honored - if you like call it worship- Mary by allowing Her to be His mother, then who are we not to honor her? You lots that splash and worship the pictures of your G.Os every where wants to teach us not to honor God's Mother?
if you want to know about the Rosario, ask questions and stop spewing ignorance and judging.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 9:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
Well this is interesting-you are saying St' Stephen said; God doesn't stay in one Place built by men? Well it appears the Catholic Church disagrees with St' Stephen-the Vatican believes the Roman Catholic Church belongs to God?
Well sorry to disappoint you, I don't go to a Church building to find God-and I don't turn to Mary to find God either-nor do I pray to the saints, my sister is with the Lord-but I don't pray to my sister for any guidance, I pray straight to God, He is the one' in my heart everyday-and everyday I seem to be on this page writing to you and the many more who claim to be somebody other then born again believers.
But the problem is-it is you that needs the Church to comfort you-and you poor Catholic sinners need Mary to lead you to God, only because your hearts are hardened, and you haven't the slightest idea how to come to Him..
We have preached the gospel time and time again to all of you, and still you have refused the written Word of God-you would rather believe the lie-rather then believe the truth of God.
I am filled with the Spirit of God-so I don't need anybody other then God to lead me straight to Himself..
Jesus said one must be a born again believer before he can enter into the kingdom of God-which of course you aren't a born again to know this knowledge enough to realise He is the only doorway into Heaven.
Mary is only human, she was never part of the Trinity-she is blessed-we are blessed-there are no records found in bible history, Mary is our mediator between God and Man. We have only One mediator between us and God-Jesus Christ is Lord.
Babacele:
According to St Stephen, God does not stay in any place built by men, so why do you go to your church to look for God? We poor Catholic sinners pray to God through the mother of God Mary who is in heaven with God and the saints.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 10:21pm On Jul 21, 2017
Why do you believe Mary and the saints are holier-then we are?
Do you not know-Jesus gave us away' so we on Earth can have a direct line straight to Him-do you not know-if you became a born again believer, we are filled with the Holy Spirit-just like Mary and the apostles were-and we have a direct praying line straight into heaven-because we are connected-to God's Divine Spirit-did you not know, once you become a born again believer-God connects us straight into the throne room of God {Hebrews 4:16} Let us than approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so we may receive mercy and find grace, to help us in the time of need.
{James 4:8} Draw near to God-and He will draw near to you.
We don't need to call on Mary to pray, nor do we need the saints to pray for us, we already have that connection straight to God, He is just a phone call away.
Babacele:

Despite the divinity of Mary ,mother of God, we catholics direct all our prayers to God Almighty and only beg Mary and the Saints to help us pray to God because they are holier.
We are not like the old testament folks who didn't know God but believed in stones,woods etc as their God.

God himself honored - if you like call it worship- Mary by allowing Her to be His mother, then who are we not to honor her? You lots that splash and worship the pictures of your G.Os every where wants to teach us not to honor God's Mother?
if you want to know about the Rosario, ask questions and stop spewing ignorance and judging.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 11:49pm On Jul 21, 2017
brocab:
Is this it-is this all we get-where's the part Emman said we have to pray to Mary?

smiley we will never see those verses
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 1:59am On Jul 22, 2017
Babacele:
who gave birth to God in man flesh -Jesus? Or Elizabeth ,filled with the Holy spirit, was wrong to have called Her " the Mother of my Lord Lk1:43"? Even when his hour has not come ,didn't Mary make it happen in that wedding in Canaan, and has that power to intercede, to give birth to and nuture God in flesh( making the impossible possible) taken away from Holy Mary? Is there any difference in the divinity of God and the mother of God?

Unbelievable, what did Mary do that was making the impossible possible?

Of course there is a difference between the divinity of God and Mary
God has always existed, is eternal, and the creator of all that exists
Mary was a temporal human being, a part of God's creation

Mat_28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

^^^ do u notice Mary isn't mentioned there?

Babacele:

Bible grew out of Christianity and not the other way and the catholic church made it happen. For example the new testament was translated, copied and made available from Egypt by St Augustine ,a catholic priest.
The world would be judged by love and not religious claims.

The Bible is God's inspired word, one of the first writers of the Bible was Moses,
that was long before the catholic church

Don't just post your your own beliefs here, give Bible verses for the things you say
you can say the cow jumped over the moon, but I want to see the truth
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 2:03am On Jul 22, 2017
Babacele:

Rc's pray to Mary, we Christians pray directly to God,
if we have trouble with what to say, God helps us, not Mary:

Rom 8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

1Ti 2:5  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

^^^ one mediator between God and men, and it's not Mary

when you pray to Mary to interceed for you, neither Mary or God hears u,
the Bible tells us to pray to God and no one else:

Mat 6:9  After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven,....

Mat 6:6  But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Fathe which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

baba post Bible verses showing that Mary is to be prayed to, emman couldn't do it.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 2:05am On Jul 22, 2017
Babacele:

What confused babble are u saying there?

Babacele:

Despite the divinity of Mary

Mary is not part of the Godhead, quote Bible verses to show what u say is true

Babacele:

we catholics direct all our prayers to God Almighty and only beg Mary and the Saints to help us pray to God because they are holier.

Enough of the garbage from your mouth, post Bible verses showing we are to beg Mary and saints to pray for us

Babacele:

truly u still have god's of stone and wood in your buildings:

Babacele:

God himself honored- if you like call it worship- Mary

What complete rubbish and lies, God never worshipped Mary

Babacele:

You lots that splash and worship the pictures of your G.Os every where

Can you ever stop lying, show how I splash and worship the pictures of my G.Os every where

Babacele:

Here we have another lying false accuser in babacele,
I can back up what I say with Bible verses, u lying false accuser baba cannot.

I posted in truth and gave Bible verses to support what I said, and u baba call that spewing ignorance and judging,
lying and falsely accusing is typical of false christianity, you are part of that club

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (83) (Reply)

Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / ww3 to heat up before end of may 2015 / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 217
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.