Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (116509 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 3:37am On Nov 15, 2012
BERNIMOORE:
so you are tired, that is great! my mission accomplished on you.if you are bold enough bring them on!thanks
hahaha,
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 5:25am On Nov 15, 2012
Boomark:

Do you think God will be happy with an Israelite who did this:

if one of them secretly go to where Moses kept the bronze snake and kneel before it saying "O! Great serpent, bring me and household healing from god."

Do you think God will be happy with the person?

You guys fail to answer this question. Don't tell what Joshua did. It is a simple question.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 6:08am On Nov 15, 2012
chukwudi44:

In Rev 5:8 and Rev 8:4 the angels and winged creatures acted as mediators conveying prayers of xtians before the lamb.so also do catholics ask of Mary
1 Timothy 2:5
New American Standard Bible
(NASB)
5 For there is one God, and one
mediator also between God and
men, the man Christ Jesus,

In trinity, Jesus is one person in "one God." If Jesus is involved in this one God, are catholics implying that Mary is now the mediator between man and God?

Can trinitarians and catholics answer this without messing themselves up. Remember...one mediator.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 6:30am On Nov 15, 2012
Ubenedictus: To bookmark, it is interesting that you call joshua an idol woshipper.
To bernimore, u have dodging d questions u were asked.
To the Op, if you wish to know what catholic practice and why please visit http://forums.catholic.com.
Peace

It is also interesting that catholics worship idol. Can you answer my question on bronze snake above?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 6:44am On Nov 15, 2012
italo: @ Bernimoore,

You are desperately resorting to lying openly now.

How does angels acting as mediators contradict angels not being fit for worship?

Lies...lies...lies

Defend this with more lies, typical of protestants.

Stop shouting lies. Where did angels act as mediator?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 6:59am On Nov 15, 2012
chukwudi44:

That I have already down in Rev 8:4 when angels acted as a medium conveying the prayers of God's people to Jesus.

So in Rev 5:8, the angels, 24 elders are also mediators between man and God?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2012
Boomark:

It is also interesting that catholics worship idol. Can you answer my question on bronze snake above?
u just called joshua an idol worshipper what else? Mayb d next guy u would call a pagan is david.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2012
Boomark:

So in Rev 5:8, the angels, 24 elders are also mediators between man and God?
u no fit read?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 11:33pm On Nov 15, 2012
Ubenedictus: u just called joshua an idol worshipper what else? Mayb d next guy u would call a pagan is david.

No. That would be the Pope.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 11:47am On Nov 16, 2012
Ubenedictus: u no fit read?

Please read this and answer the question. It is for all catholics.

if one of the Israelites secretly go to
where Moses kept the bronze
snake and kneel before it
saying "O! Great serpent, bring
me and household healing from
god."

Do you think the person did the right thing and that God will be happy with the person?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vickyO(f): 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2012
@bookmark, i'll answer on the catholics behalf and the answer is no.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Bret77: 4:05am On Nov 22, 2012
Catholics do not worship Mary they honor her as a great and holy person as far as prayer goes prayer means "talk to" that is why it is alright to pray to deceased loved ones saints Mary and most important Jesus however in the RCC their are 4 types of prayer petition, contrition, thanksgiving, and adoration. the first three can be to any of those mentioned above but since we only adore God( not Mary or anything else as you may think) we can only pray prayers of adoration to Jesus(God) i hope that explains it

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:51am On Nov 22, 2012
Boomark:

No. That would be the Pope.
i know about 3 pipo with the title pope, d alexandria patriach is called pope, d coptic patriach is pope and the roman patriarch is pope, d 3 have icon in their churches, so which of them is d pope u want to accuse?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:52am On Nov 22, 2012
Boomark:

Please read this and answer the question. It is for all catholics.

if one of the Israelites secretly go to
where Moses kept the bronze
snake and kneel before it
saying "O! Great serpent, bring
me and household healing from
god."

Do you think the person did the right thing and that God will be happy with the person?
first of all can a live serpent hear?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2012
vickyO: @bookmark, i'll answer on the catholics behalf and the answer is no.

lol...

They no gree answer the question.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ubenedictus: i know about 3 pipo with the title pope, d alexandria patriach is called pope, d coptic patriach is pope and the roman patriarch is pope, d 3 have icon in their churches, so which of them is d pope u want to accuse?

The one that kneel before the wooden image of a woman.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ubenedictus: first of all can a live serpent hear?

Just go close to a live anaconda and do sssssss! Make i see who go first pick race.

So answer the question.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Gracious10: 8:14pm On Nov 22, 2012
BERNIMOORE: @rich4God

ask a willing-suicide bomber's opinion about who he worships,he will definatelly tell you allah, and what reason does he have? he cites the jihad'surah chapter 9:5; which mandates them to 'slay' or 'kill' non-muslims who are generaly perceived as idolaters,it reads and i quote surah 9:5...slay the idolaters,besiege them,lay ambush for them....

Now from the suicide bombers Opinion,his actions as perceived by many is 'ignorance to them' because he is commissioned with a scripture backing! and that is why 'we' the onlookers do not follow what they say, but what they do.
The same applies to the catholics, they are taught to dissmiss any querry to their act or behavior to an image by sharply denying that theyare worshipping a God-forbidden image as clealy spelt out in the bible.....they start by riddiculing your objection by saying,'what are you talking about?'

catholics solid stance is, “No, we do not worship Mary!”(that is how they are trained to respond) However, the evidence is overwhelmingly against them. But before the evidence is presented, I’d like to cut at the root of this dispute.

Now lets reason from their own perspective and you will see that catholics are found wanting based on the available evidences ; lets go;

The apostle Peter, who is alleged to be the first pope,did he mention Mary in any of his biblical letters. Nor is there any record in any of the other letters, such as Acts of the Apostles, that Peter ever referred to Mary. Not only did he not mention her, directly or indirectly, but zero nothing is said by any apostle about the need to venerate or worship her. This fact speaks volumes against the Catholic’s view of Mary.

Why? Why did Peter fail to mention the “Virgin Mary”? Surely if all popes worshipped Mary and leaned on her for salvation, and they have, as the evidence will show, and if Peter was the first pope, why does he not praise and adore Mary in the same vein as other popes? The question demands an answer.

The Late Pope John Paul II Worshipped Mary & Relied On Her For Salvation

If the pope is the role model and instructor and guide for Catholics, and he is, and if they are striving to follow in his footsteps, and they are, they give the same level of reverence to Mary as their “Supreme Pontiff.” [size=14pt]It is a documented fact that the late Pope John Paul II relied more on Mary for salvation than on Jesus.[/size]

Pope John Paul made more than 40 pilgrimages to her shrines at Lourdes and Fatima. He wrote in his Apostolic Letter of Oct. 16, 2002, the following words:

[size=14pt]“I entrust this Apostolic Letter to the loving hands of the Virgin Mary, prostrating myself in spirit before her image in the splendid Shrine built for her by Blessed Bartolo Longo, the apostle of the Rosary.”
[/size]
Salvation In Mary & The Rosary!
Embroidered inside all of Pope John Paul’s robes was the phrase, [size=14pt]“Totus tuus sum Maria,” which means, “Mary, I am all yours.”[/size]

The Catholic Rosary concludes:
“HAIL, HOLY QUEEN, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!”

It is of interest when we ponder Roman Catholicism’s popular “15 Promises of Mary.” Among them we find:

“The soul which recommends itself to me [Mary] by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish...I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall…at the moment of death…participate in the merits of the Saints in Paradise.”

It is obvious, then, that not only did the late pope worship Mary and place his eternal security in her, but it is equally obvious that “the faithful” follow in his footsteps. When Catholics turn from faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation to trusting Mary and the Rosary, as did Pope John Paul II, they place their eternal salvation in jeopardy, [size=14pt]for Jesus Himself declared, "No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6).
[/size]
If Jesus spoke the truth, and He did, there is zero security and salvation in Mary and the Rosary. In the pope’s “Prayer For The Marian Year,” he prayed:

[size=14pt]“Sustain us, O Virgin Mary, on our journey of faith and obtain for us the grace of eternal salvation.”
[/size]
There is ample evidence that Catholics in general worship Mary. It is a sad day in human history when any person, whether Protestant or Catholic, places his/her allegiance and salvation in anyone except the Son of God.

HERE ARE SOME PICTURE THAT EXPLAIN BETTER;

10 MILLON LIKES!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Gracious10: 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
Boomark:

Don't you read your bible? Is bulletin now more important than your bible.

God commanded that you not to make an image of anything whether in HEAVEN or on earth and bow to it. He knows why He gave that commandment but you don't. Why not obey it.

Except He instructs you to make a bronze snake like He told Moses.
Except He instructs you to make a the ark of covenant like He told Moses.
All these things are made the way He wants them to be. Do not neglect His commandments while waiting for His instructions. Those who follow these things this way are His obedient children.

Lol @ " bulletin more important than ur bible? Now this is getting interesting. cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by grailife(m): 10:21am On Nov 23, 2012
Images are powerful. Images penetrate our souls and often remain there. Images shape our minds and souls. Whateever images enter your mind become a part of you
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2012
grailife: Images are powerful. Images penetrate our souls and often remain there. Images shape our minds and souls. Whateever images enter your mind become a part of you

I hope you have the image of lucifer? No? Since images are now made at randomly, lucifer's blacksmith would want him to also be represented and bowed to.

Ride on with your ''imagenation.''
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:24pm On Nov 23, 2012
Boomark:

The one that kneel before the wooden image of a woman.
the 3 pope a name did so u still havent told me abt "d pope"!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:25pm On Nov 23, 2012
Boomark:

Just go close to a live anaconda and do sssssss! Make i see who go first pick race.

So answer the question.
ur live anaconda dey talk? Abi e b xtian?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 9:09pm On Nov 24, 2012
Ubenedictus: the 3 pope a name did so u still havent told me abt "d pope"!

When you answer my question i will answer yours.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:23am On Nov 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: ur live anaconda dey talk? Abi e b xtian?
it is quite simple veneration (honor) and intercession can only be given to beings wu are believe to be alive like the saints in heaven!
Oh! I forgot u have a different perspective of d after life and u dont believe d physically dead are alive in spirit!
In a word NO, i gat no biss with a snake!
Are u happy?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 8:43pm On Nov 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: it is quite simple veneration (honor) and intercession can only be given to beings wu are believe to be alive like the saints in heaven!
Oh! I forgot u have a different perspective of d after life and u dont believe d physically dead are alive in spirit!
In a word NO, i gat no biss with a snake!
Are u happy?

Why No? Was it not God that asked Moses to make the bronze snake for the israelites to look unto it and get healing? Anyway you answered well.

There are so many lessons to learn from my question and your answer.

It is always good to wait for God to instruct you before you create anything, if not you are making an idol and He will not associate Himself with it. You might making your self the instructor of things He does not approve.

Since images are being made @ random, lucifer that desire worship like say tomorrow no dey will take the opportunity and make his own image to be bowed to. He is very cunning. You can't say whose image you kneel and bow to, even though you name it jesus.

Please let us carefully examine these things.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:57pm On Nov 25, 2012
Boomark:

Why No? Was it not God that asked Moses to make the bronze snake for the israelites to look unto it and get healing? Anyway you answered well.

There are so many lessons to learn from my question and your answer.

It is always good to wait for God to instruct you before you create anything, if not you are making an idol and He will not associate Himself with it. You might making your self the instructor of things He does not approve.

Since images are being made @ random, lucifer that desire worship like say tomorrow no dey will take the opportunity and make his own image to be bowed to. He is very cunning. You can't say whose image you kneel and bow to, even though you name it jesus.

Please let us carefully examine these things.
hahaha, wen u don't address honor and prayer to the image, the image is never an occasion for idolatry. If i am in a prison and d jailors put d physical image of d devil b4 me and i address my prayas to christ and bow my head during d prayer does that mean i worship satan? No it doesnt. In that case d said image is immaterial, if d image help me in recall what i am in christ it is simply a prayer aid.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 11:51am On Nov 26, 2012
Ubenedictus: hahaha, wen u don't address honor and prayer to the image, the image is never an occasion for idolatry. If i am in a prison and d jailors put d physical image of d devil b4 me and i address my prayas to christ and bow my head during d prayer does that mean i worship satan? No it doesnt. In that case d said image is immaterial, if d image help me in recall what i am in christ it is simply a prayer aid.

So you must face the image of the devil and bow to it before you pray to your God? And you must use the image of the devil as a prayer aid to remember Christ?

You can't even think again. Since bowing to any image is now part what catholic teach, it doesn't matter.

When God said "make no image of anything and bow to it..." He didn't say "make no image of anything and pray to it". Making such images in the first place is a disobedient to God not to talk of using is as prayer aid.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Mumicia(m): 11:20am On Nov 29, 2012
Let's not complicate issues wit too much grammar and deviations from the truth;
1. ALL graven images represent idolatory; whether holy Mary or unholy Sussan! Using Holy Mary is just a styllish bewitchment.
God's standards are 'yeah' or 'Nay'. Why would a man with the Spirit of God go bow to a graven image of a mortal. Holy Mary was only a vessel to deliver Jesus, nothing more!

2. 'Holy Mary...pray for us' That's useless. It's substituting the mediating work of the Holy Spirit for an esteemed creature.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Rich4god(m): 11:33am On Nov 29, 2012
Mumicia: Let's not complicate issues wit too much grammar and deviations from the truth;
1. ALL graven images represent idolatory; whether holy Mary or unholy Sussan! Using Holy Mary is just a styllish bewitchment.
God's standards are 'yeah' or 'Nay'. Why would a man with the Spirit of God go bow to a graven image of a mortal. Holy Mary was only a vessel to deliver Jesus, nothing more!

2. 'Holy Mary...pray for us' That's useless. It's substituting the mediating work of the Holy Spirit for an esteemed creature.
Ok, we don hear.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2012
Hahahaha, very funny, i no get time to look stubborn fly wey wan follow dead body enter grave.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by missbola1(f): 11:42pm On Nov 30, 2012
Any image created or use to worship GOD is idol worshiper just like babalawo use statues to worship the devil, orisa, osun, etc.

Every religion has image of GOD, JESUS, PAUL, BUDHA, DEVIL, MARY, etc. The only religion that doesn't have it if ISLAM.

In Islam, u dont see image of GOD, MUHAMMAD, ISA, etdc.

In christianity, because they believe that Jesus is GOD then automatically Mary is GOD's mother and MARY should deserve more praises than GOD.

Muslims use the rosary to count NOT use it to worship GOD. Another name for it is 'counter.'

Can I ask a question. In exams, if they ask who is JESUS's Father, what should the answer be?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (83) (Reply)

ww3 to heat up before end of may 2015 / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This / MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.