Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,483 members, 7,781,445 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:31 PM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (115329 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vickyO(f): 5:57pm On Dec 01, 2012
miss_bola: Any image created or use to worship GOD is idol worshiper just like babalawo use statues to worship the devil, orisa, osun, etc.

Every religion has image of GOD, JESUS, PAUL, BUDHA, DEVIL, MARY, etc. The only religion that doesn't have it if ISLAM.

In Islam, u dont see image of GOD, MUHAMMAD, ISA, etdc.

In christianity, because they believe that Jesus is GOD then automatically Mary is GOD's mother and MARY should deserve more praises than GOD.

Muslims use the rosary to count NOT use it to worship GOD. Another name for it is 'counter.'

Can I ask a question. In exams, if they ask who is JESUS's Father, what should the answer be?
are you a christian?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vickyO(f): 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2012
Ubenedictus: just 3 biblical principles 1 becos "eternal salvation" is a gift of God, 2God grants gift to those who ask for them, 3 intercessory prayer is one of d ways of praying.
Becoming an intercessor doesnt mean u are now d mediator of d covenant.
ACCORDING TO DICTIONARY.COM to mediate means - to bring about (an agreement, accord, truce, peace, etc.) as an intermediary between parties by compromise, reconciliation, removal of misunderstanding.
to intercede - to attempt to reconcile differences between two people or groups; mediate.

they mean the same thing... if you want to raise the issue of christians meeting Pastors to pray for them then let me explain something to y;all. they donot pray to their pastors, they ask their Pastors to pray for them.... and dont forget something[b] Jesus is the mediator between God and man, Pastors are men while Mary is dead and is now a spirit.... Jesus is not the mediator between a spirit and God.[/b]
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:36am On Dec 03, 2012
vickyO:
ACCORDING TO DICTIONARY.COM to mediate means - to bring about (an agreement, accord, truce, peace, etc.) as an intermediary between parties by compromise, reconciliation, removal of misunderstanding.
to intercede - to attempt to reconcile differences between two people or groups; mediate.

they mean the same thing...
wow! So intercession=mediation? Try a theology dictionary, besides intercession is biblical, st paul says "offer intercession..."
if you want to raise the issue of christians meeting Pastors to pray for them then let me explain something to y;all. they donot pray to their pastors, they ask their Pastors to pray for them.... and dont forget something[b] Jesus is the mediator between God and man, Pastors are men while Mary is dead and is now a spirit.... Jesus is not the mediator between a spirit and God.[/b]
u need a new english teacher, to pray means to ask, "i pray thee, may i have ur chips" simply means im asking u to give me ur chips. So in correct english protestants PRAY to their pastors for blessings!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 10:16am On Dec 04, 2012
Ubenedictus: wow! So intercession=mediation? Try a theology dictionary, besides intercession is biblical, st paul says "offer intercession..." u need a new english teacher, to pray means to ask, "i pray thee, may i have ur chips" simply means im asking u to give me ur chips. So in correct english protestants PRAY to their pastors for blessings!

We are now catching you twisting people's comments.

Now concerning prayer as you want to use it, protestants pray to(ask) their pastors to PRAY for them to God. This is biblical like you said above.

While Catholics pray to Mary PRAY to God. This is very very unbiblical. There is no where in the bible an image, the dead or a spirit is asked to pray for men.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2012
Boomark:
Now concerning prayer as you want to use it, protestants pray to(ask) their pastors to PRAY for them to God. This is biblical like you said above.

But you always say we shouldn't go through anyone, that Jesus is the only way to the Father. Why then do you go pray to your pastor?

Boomark: While Catholics pray to Mary PRAY to God. This is very very unbiblical. There is no where in the bible an image, the dead or a spirit is asked to pray for men.

As long as I know, Mary is alive in heaven. If you can pray to thieves like Oritsejafor, we will keep asking the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Besides, you have no right to accuse someone of doing something that is unbiblical. Nowhere in the Bible does anyone accuse anyone of doing something that is "unbiblical" so what you are doing is unbiblical.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:14pm On Dec 04, 2012
italo:

But you always say we shouldn't go through anyone, that Jesus is the only way to the Father. Why then do you go pray to your pastor?

As long as I know, Mary is alive in heaven. If you can pray to thieves like Oritsejafor, we will keep asking the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Besides, you have no right to accuse someone of doing something that is unbiblical. Nowhere in the Bible does anyone accuse anyone of doing something that is "unbiblical" so what you are doing is unbiblical.
hahahahahahahaha, lwkmd, oga italo hw far na?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 10:43am On Dec 05, 2012
I dey my broda. Hw bodi?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:20am On Dec 05, 2012
italo: I dey my broda. Hw bodi?
bodi dey inside cloth oh! Hw spirit?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 7:53am On Dec 06, 2012
italo:

Twister!

Did vicky say she pray to her pastor? Don't you know the difference between "praying for" and "praying to." Me i pray for my self without any graven image as aid.

If you say i accuse u, sorry. But i hereby rebuke you that asking the dead or a spirit to pray for humans is not what Christ and His apostles taught us. I rebuke you again to stop using graven images as prayer aid. It is idolatry and Yahweh hates it.

I hope you know who is called Yahweh? He is the only true God. Worship Him in truth and in spirit through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Christ is not a scary being. He wants you to come to God through Him. That's why our God made Him our Highpriest instead of the levites/priests/prophets. That He will mediate between us and Him(God)
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 8:52am On Dec 06, 2012
Boomark:
Twister!

Did vicky say she pray to her pastor? Don't you know the difference between "praying for" and "praying to." Me i pray for my self without any graven image as aid.

If a thief like Oritsejafor can pray for you, the we will keep asking the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Period.

Boomark: If you say i accuse u, sorry. But i hereby rebuke you that asking the dead or a spirit to pray for humans is not what Christ and His apostles taught us. I rebuke you again to stop using graven images as prayer aid. It is idolatry and Yahweh hates it.

Mary and the saints are not dead but alive. And God commanded the making of Graven images which were used as prayer and healing aids.

Boomark: I hope you know who is called Yahweh? He is the only true God. Worship Him in truth and in spirit through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Christ is not a scary being. He wants you to come to God through Him. That's why our God made Him our Highpriest instead of the levites/priests/prophets. That He will mediate between us and Him(God)

Then why do you go to thieves to pray for you?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vickyO(f): 10:52am On Dec 06, 2012
oh goodness..... didnt men go to Paul, ELijah and other men of God in the Bible for prayers/miracles? they went to them because they were convinced they were annoited. we ask pastors to pray for us because we are convinced that they are annoited by God too. the points below clearly dissaproves of your relationship with Mary.
[size=8pt]1) You pray to the dead (mary is dead) and necromancy is forbidden in the Bible.
2) You pray to her to save you and do things that partains to salvation for you.
3) You make an image of her and bow to it in worship.

all of the above are alien to Christianity
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 3:36pm On Dec 06, 2012
vickyO: oh goodness..... didnt men go to Paul, ELijah and other men of God in the Bible for prayers/miracles? they went to them because they were convinced they were annoited. we ask pastors to pray for us because we are convinced that they are annoited by God too. the points below clearly dissaproves of your relationship with Mary.
[size=8pt]1) You pray to the dead (mary is dead) and necromancy is forbidden in the Bible.
2) You pray to her to save you and do things that partains to salvation for you.
3) You make an image of her and bow to it in worship.

all of the above are alien to Christianity

Mary and the Saints are even more powerful and anointed than any pastor you can find on earth because Mary and the Saints have won the prize and are now alive in heaven with God, unlike you pastors who are still despicable sinners here on earth.

The one who is truly dead is the one living in sin. The one who is truly alive is the one who has gained eternal salvation.

All of the three points you mentioned are not things that we practise. They are mindless lies that you choose to keep repeating hoping that after repeating it a million times, it will become true.

Don't you think it is senseless for you to be telling me what MY beliefs and practices are?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vickyO(f): 3:41pm On Dec 06, 2012
wHow did you know Mary and the Siants are in Heaven? Prove that to me first.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 11:14pm On Dec 06, 2012
vickyO: wHow did you know Mary and the Siants are in Heaven? Prove that to me first.

How did you know your pastors are "anointed by God"?

Prove that to me first.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 1:04am On Dec 07, 2012
italo:

If a thief like Oritsejafor can pray for you, the we will keep asking the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Period.

Mary and the saints are not dead but alive. And God commanded the making of Graven images which were used as prayer and healing aids.

Then why do you go to thieves to pray for you?

Don't make God a liar because you are defending your pope and your church. If you are a Christian, you should know that God is the reason you are a Christian not the pope.

Didn't you hear when i said i pray for my self. I have not seen Oritsejafor before except on tv.

But italo, you came back worst than before. The lies and twists are so obvious. I wonder if you're competing with your twin bro.

SMH!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 4:40am On Dec 07, 2012
Were the cherubs of the Ark and the bronze serpent not graven images? Were they not used as prayer and healing aids? Was it not God that commanded that they should be made?

I have not seen the pope before too except on TV. What difference does that make. Have you never asked anyone to pray for you before? Is the person not a despicable sinner like Oritsejafor...or even worse?

Do you think asking for intercession means you don't pray for yourself at all?

How intelligent!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 5:35am On Dec 07, 2012
Boomark:

if one of the Israelites secretly go to
where Moses kept the bronze
snake and kneel before it
saying "O! Great serpent, bring
me and household healing from
god."

Do you think the person did the right thing and that God will be happy with the person?

Italo please answer the question above.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by FXKing2012(m): 5:41am On Dec 07, 2012
italo:

You don't want to know why non-Catholics kneel and bow to their beds? Is bowing to a bed not idolatry?

Are you sure the Bible condemns repetitive prayers of Catholics?

Rev 4:8 Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying:

“‘Holy, holy, holy

is the Lord God Almighty,’

who was, and is, and is to come.”

These heavenly beings are obviously very Catholic then. They keep repeating the same prayer forever and ever.

Jesus is also Catholic. He prayed the the cup should pass over him using the same thing THREE times.

The Bible condemns all of us, right?

Chai! this is the height of ignorance. Folks like u make me abstain from the religion board.
U are completely lost.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 5:46am On Dec 07, 2012
Boomark:

Italo please answer the question above.

You mean the Israelite was talking, not just before, but TO the bronze serpent, expecting the sculpture to hear him and then pray for him to God?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by FXKing2012(m): 5:49am On Dec 07, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
catholics are the true christianss and the first at that. and obviously as true christians, they copied everything from us Pagans and try to use it against us. angry angry angry angry
stop wt d ignorance, who told u catholics were the first Christians? The apostles were first called Christians on d day of d penticost which means penticostal Christians were d first Christians. Do u even know when Roman Catholic started?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 5:49am On Dec 07, 2012
FXKing2012:
Chai! this is the height of ignorance. Folks like u make me abstain from the religion board.
U are completely lost.

Since I'm very ignorant, I expect you are knowledgeable enough to show everyone how my post shows that I'm ignorant and lost.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 6:07am On Dec 07, 2012
italo: Were the cherubs of the Ark and the bronze serpent not graven images? Were they not used as prayer and healing aids? Was it not God that commanded that they should be made?

I have not seen the pope before too except on TV. What difference does that make. Have you never asked anyone to pray for you before? Is the person not a despicable sinner like Oritsejafor...or even worse?

Do you think asking for intercession means you don't pray for yourself at all?

How intelligent!

The 2nd person in your trinity brought a message from the 1st person in your trinity and said "now is the time that those that worship God must worship Him in spirit and in truth." why do you chose to disobey them by making graven images as prayer aid?

Seeing pope or a pastor on tv is not an issue. Man can pray for man but the dead or spirits were not given such privilege to pray for man.

No matter how sinful a man is and you go to him to pray for you, once he ask God for forgiveness and went ahead to pray for you, his prayer is acceptable.

Where two or three are gathered in His name he is there in their midst. How can he be in your midst waiting for you to ask Him and you are asking a dead or spirit not approved by God to ask Him.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 6:14am On Dec 07, 2012
italo:

How did you know your pastors are "anointed by God"?

Prove that to me first.

pastors whether anointed or 'un-anointed' as long as the person is a human being, he can pray for anyone. Spirits/dead cannot.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 6:34am On Dec 07, 2012
italo:

You mean the Israelite was talking, not just before, but TO the bronze serpent, expecting the sculpture to hear him and then pray for him to God?

You mean you don't know that the bronze snake is the image they looked unto and got healed? So answer the question.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 7:21am On Dec 07, 2012
Boomark:
The 2nd person in your trinity brought a message from the 1st person in your trinity and said "now is the time that those that worship God must worship Him in spirit and in truth." why do you chose to disobey them by making graven images as prayer aid?

You surely don't understand Jesus.

John 4:21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

Why then did Jesus go to a mountain to pray? Why did Jesus go to the temple? Why do you go to sinners to pray for you when you should pray in truth and in spirit? You surely don't know what it means to worship God in truth and in spirit.

Boomark: Seeing pope or a pastor on tv is not an issue. Man can pray for man but the dead or spirits were not given such privilege to pray for man.

Mary and the Saints are alive.

Boomark: No matter how sinful a man is and you go to him to pray for you, once he ask God for forgiveness and went ahead to pray for you, his prayer is acceptable.

Then the prayer of those who have triumphed over sinfulness and are alive in heaven are even more acceptable.

Boomark: Where two or three are gathered in His name he is there in their midst. How can he be in your midst waiting for you to ask Him and you are asking a dead or spirit not approved by God to ask Him.

Mary and the Saints are gathered in heaven and God is in their midst in a more profound way than he is in our midst. So their prayers are far more efficacious and acceptable than ours.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 7:24am On Dec 07, 2012
Boomark:
pastors whether anointed or 'un-anointed' as long as the person is a human being, he can pray for anyone. Spirits/dead cannot.

Mary and the Saints are alive.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 7:26am On Dec 07, 2012
Boomark:

You mean you don't know that the bronze snake is the image they looked unto and got healed? So answer the question.

My question will help me understand your question. You surely don't expect me to answer a question I don't understand.

So if you want me to answer, you know what to do.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:16am On Dec 07, 2012
FXKing2012:
stop wt d ignorance, who told u catholics were the first Christians? The apostles were first called Christians on d day of d penticost which means penticostal Christians were d first Christians. Do u even know when Roman Catholic started?
hahahahaha, ya so dumb (no offence meant just couldnt help it.) d apostles werent called xtians at penticost, they were called xtians in antioch, go and learn ur bible and d earliest penticostal church started in d 18th century. Hahaha

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 4:58pm On Dec 07, 2012
italo:

You surely don't understand Jesus.

John 4:21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

Why then did Jesus go to a mountain to pray? Why did Jesus go to the temple? Why do you go to sinners to pray for you when you should pray in truth and in spirit? You surely don't know what it means to worship God in truth and in spirit.

v20 shows that samaritans worship in the mountains while the Jews say it should be in Jerusalem. While Christ was trying to tell her that a time is coming when she will be able to worship the Father even at that well, in her kitchen, bathroom, every where in every way...but it must be in spirit and in truth.

I hope you wount reject the truth if i tell you? According to the passage, who do we worship? The Father, Jesus said so. God(The Father) is a spirit and those that will worship Him must do that in spirit(with all ur heart) and in truth(accurate knowledge of Him). Do you regard Him as trinity or as the only true God?

This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you the only true God and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ, jn 17:3. Read acts 3:13 you will see who the God of our forefathers is and who his servant is. Do you know God(the Father) as the one and only true God?

The samaritans fear God but worship idol, 2kings 17:33. This is synonymous to what we are rebuking you people for. You better stop now.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2012
italo:

My question will help me understand your question. You surely don't expect me to answer a question I don't understand.

So if you want me to answer, you know what to do.

Let me put it this way.

An Israelite who is sick went to where Moses kept the bronze snake, stood it up and knelt before it. He prayed to God to heal him while he had faith that by looking unto the bronze snake God will heal him through it. Let me say he used the bronze snake as a prayer aid.

Do you think God will be happy with such act?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:56pm On Dec 07, 2012
FXKing2012:

to hell with your peticoast! the roman catholics came before your church of peticoat! angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vickyO(f): 6:23pm On Dec 07, 2012
@ ITALO An annoited person is one who uses his power in Christ to perform signs and wonders, preach the solid gospel with the backing of the Holy Spirit, who can bring to nought the authorities of principalities and powers in heavenly places and many others. this is how i know my Pastor is annoited.
Your turn- how did you know Mary and the Saints are ALIVE in heaven?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (83) (Reply)

Photos From The Attack On Apostle Johnson Suleman's Convoy In Edo (Graphic) / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.