Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? (10805 Views)

Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports / How To Download Nigerian Nollywood Movies To Phone / Pc For Free / Free Kjv Bible Download On Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by rodeo0070(m): 11:20am On Oct 29, 2012
Google chrome on PC and Opera on Mobile...
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by Areolad: 11:29am On Oct 29, 2012
U can do anything opera mini offers on ucweb but when it comes to speed ucweb is d browser to beat.
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by Joe980: 11:34am On Oct 29, 2012
Bruv, I bet you will dislike opera when you are done understanding how ucweb works. Used to be a fan of opera till I fell inlove with ucweb.
ledafaze: @Poster, I just downloaded this ur UC Browser on my Android... but the only difference from this and the "former" Opera I was using is SPACE MANAGEMENT...

That is a good programming concept... This UC Browser manages the space well and also user friendly with respect to interaction designs... Well.. As I said earlier... "Former Opera"... is no more... thanks poster...

Another thing about this UC Browser is that after u close am, u can still recover closed tabs... for Opera, I doubt it...

Br
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by DonaldGenes(m): 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
Nd kings: You very correct.
i'm usin
ucweb 8.6 latest version to brows nw.
I browz wit my phon nw like pc.
Ucweb is d best mobile browser. I have tried so many oda browsers but dis 1 is unbeatable and best.
Thanks!!!!!!
You have said it all.,couldn't agree less
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by OkwaIfugo(m): 12:17pm On Oct 29, 2012
Opera is good but let me try it on Chrome using pc then I will shake my head to the right,
clear my throat come back here(that's if the mods agree) and then post.
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by wrench: 12:18pm On Oct 29, 2012
Tahhhhhhhhhhhhh, Make I Hear Word Jhooooorr.....OPERAMINI 5.2 And 7 Are The Best..... UCWEB Looks Technical And Disorganized.
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by Aksally(m): 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2012
Opera no gree browse for my phone more than two weeks now but UC 8.6, boy come see speed. From tools on the menu u can make calls and send text without existing browser, but it can't save pages which Opera does.
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
posting this with ucweb i downloaded some minutes ago is cool but clumsy.. just like the old bolt browser..

good to know it supports animation and java script..
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 29, 2012
PC: Chrome
Mobile: Operamini/mobile
ucweb sucks
opera is so smooth
with fast scrolling etc
to me ucweb is just a DOWNLOADER and not a browser cool

1 Like

Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by Awoofawo(m): 1:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
The reason ucbrowser beat opera mini hands down is cos it uses phone memory more better than operamini. I can open up to 14 windom on ucbrowser but that with opera,, it will hang ni! Also if you wish to download certain file/app go for ucbrowser cos it more efficient than operamini. On PC both chrome and opera mobile are good depending what task you want engage in online.
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by ParisLove1: 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2012
acidosis™:
posting this with ucweb i downloaded some minutes ago is cool but clumsy.. just like the old bolt browser..

good to know it supports animation and java script..
hey Uc is not clumsy. You just downloaded few minutes ago and you're already crucifying it? Just go to settings and set page segmentation to no segmentation. It's really cool cool
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by Mucokey(m): 1:39pm On Oct 29, 2012
afrikanns: on UC browser u cant save pages. that stops me from usin nit. bt wit opera ii think i av saved over one m pages.
Wetin u mean by "UC browser u cant save pages". U must be using my old nokia 5410 undecided. even with dis new uc web dat is as fast as airplane.
@Op...I prefer my Operamini cos of it's arrangebility of nairaland stuffs buh unto downloads, uc web answereth it
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
afrikanns: on UC browser u cant save pages. that stops me from usin nit. bt wit opera ii think i av saved over one m pages.
You can save pages. Stop talking rubbish.
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2012
Paris_Love: hey Uc is not clumsy. You just downloaded few minutes ago and you're already crucifying it? Just go to settings and set page segmentation to no segmentation. It's really cool cool
I did but couldn't see any difference.
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2012
Una be fool: You would never know how sexy nairaland is in terms of web design and appearance until you use it on either UCWEB on mobile phone or on Google chrome on pc smiley

To me I think both UCWEB and Google chrome are the best option to pick from when surfing nairaland on phone and laptop respectively. I tried it on mobile opera and pc moxilla firefox but.... sad

How about you? Which do you prefer?

On phone, UCWEB 8.5Cloud or UCWEB 8.6Signed are the best. When using a lower version of UCWEB on your phone, it may drag the pages while scrolling.

On laptop, I wonder why my Etisalat 260mb finishes in 2 days so I just go with my phone which has enhanced features. I use my laptop for business and online stuff(attachement) which my phone wont do easily. Am an internet explorer person.
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 29, 2012
Areolad: U can do anything opera mini offers on ucweb but when it comes to speed ucweb is d browser to beat.

Right now am using UCWEB 8.6 signed. Its faster than a blackberry. The pages just appear with a slight click. Unbelievable.
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by bodejohn(m): 2:46pm On Oct 29, 2012
I have been an opera mini user as far as those early nokia phones started browsing but the 5mins i have had the uc installed on my android, i sure was missing a lot.
It might really come down to which phone one is using and the version of the browsers.
Now for me is ucweb first, opera mobile second and opera mini third.
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by neversaynever(m): 2:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
Mehnn, UC's da best. Latest version opens 14 tabs, downloads with speed, can copy & save texts, saves pages & images in 2secs, has option to resume interrupted downloads. Just so cool, i'm loving it. 8-)
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by Lovexme(m): 3:10pm On Oct 29, 2012
Well, I use my bb browser for nairaland. Opera mini doesn't have flash, so some images aren't properly displayed. UC web is a good substitute though.
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by lekkie073(m): 3:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
it all depends on what a person wants. operamini is probably d fastest browser for mobile but a major flaw is d fact dat it doesnt support flash contents. dolphin browser for android is best for me with regards to supporting flash content. but i give it to opera.....d fastest on mobile!
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by Ndoz(m): 4:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
Uc web 8.6 rocks
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by Caseless: 6:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
Sunymoore: *clears throat* i use operamini and disabled images in other to save my data. Design n adverts no worry me wo, as long as i can see the text am ok.
especially, images from nairaland ADS.
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by Dabss(m): 7:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
safari on phone chrome on pc.
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by ITbomb(m): 7:33pm On Oct 29, 2012
for those who need flash display , get opera mobile
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by Caseless: 7:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
My phone browser does it all...the exprience and sensation it creates is wonderful. Op, i dont need to install any browser , as the inbuilt one is not only fantastic but COCKE-CASTIC! op, if i i give u my fone browser make u sample ehn..u go dump UCWEB.
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by lekkie073(m): 8:19pm On Oct 29, 2012
caseless: My phone browser does it all...the exprience and sensation it creates is wonderful. Op, i dont need to install any browser , as the inbuilt one is not only fantastic but COCKE-CASTIC! op, if i i give u my fone browser make u sample ehn..u go dump UCWEB.
no matter how good ur fone browser is, it can never be faster than operamini. try it on ur fone and see. u cant know d better between two if u dont try d second option
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by Tinyemeka(m): 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2012
On PC, I'd have preferred Google Chrome cos of the layout and features, but strangely, I download faster using Firefox. I still prefer Firefox.

On mobile, it's OperaMini all the way. Easy formatting of web pages for mobile view (you don't have to keep scrolling left and right to read pages), speedy page loads and the best: running as many tabs as I like (or rather, as the phone RAM can handle). This comes in handy when I go through NL frontpage topics or other topics of interest. I just keeping clicking 'open in a new tab' for all topics I'm interested in.

The worst mobile browser I've used is Bolt. Issues with navigating pages. Also haven't gotten used to enjoying UCWeb. OperaMini all the way.
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by olenyi: 8:59pm On Oct 29, 2012
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by olenyi: 9:00pm On Oct 29, 2012

Dat aint true bro. On UCWEB 8:6, u can save pages like dey are going out of fashion, open 14 tabs (which u cant do on opera), with user friendly shortcut, u can activate any option/feature with just d press of a key,(open new tab with O, scroll between tabs with Y, save peges with P, save images with I, goto top or bottom with D, etc). It even has a screen shot feature. Downloads like jet, stores ur login records, need i say more. Uc has d most user friendly interface. For those saying their's is aligned left handedly, maybe dey haven't taken out time to go thru the settings. Even the text spacing and font size can be custom set. Uc all d way joor.
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by ajayioluwatobi(m): 9:24pm On Oct 29, 2012
Try operamini 12 and see......
Re: The Best Web Browsers To Get the Best Experience Of Nairaland On Phone & PC? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
For those still using opera to surf nairaland, you are still in the dark sad . Ucweb is very complex & and you may never understand it in your early days of using it but trust me, you will forget about the existence of opera the very moment you get use to UCWEB.

As for Google chrome on pc, WOW! shocked It's mind blowing smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HMD To Release Two New Smartphones; Nokia 8 Pro And Nokia 9 / Facebook Launches The Ai-powered Facebook Portal And Portal Plus For Video Calls / I Bought This Powerbank For 1.2 Million Naira PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.