Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:08 AM

How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? (59925 Views)

Crashed Blackberry Bold 5 / How Much Is A Blackberry Bold 2 At Slot Presently? / Brand New Blackberry Bold For 65,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by ammyluv2002(f): 10:33am On Oct 29, 2012
Hey house, please I wanna change my blackberry to bold 5 but I'm scared because I asked few people using the phone and they all complained about the phone so I decided to ask the house....

please does bold 5 really have issues or better still which is the best blackberry to go for now that won't give one wahala. I use curve before but its giving me troubles that's why I want to change.

Please, will really appreciate comments.

Thanks
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by sushieater: 8:17pm On Oct 29, 2012
if u are buying a brand new one, u shouldn't be bothered cos u're going to get a warranty incase the phone becomes faulty but if u're going to get an already used one, i'll advice you to go for AT&T, ROGERS or TMOBILE BOLD 9900..I've kind of noticed that they don't have the normal software problem(s) that people are always talking about..but i'll advice you to go for a brand new one because of the warranty it comes with..trouble no good lol
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
sushieater: if u are buying a brand new one, u shouldn't be bothered cos u're going to get a warranty incase the phone becomes faulty but if u're going to get an already used one, i'll advice you to go for AT&T, ROGERS or TMOBILE BOLD 9900..I've kind of noticed that they don't have the normal software problem(s) that people are always talking about..but i'll advice you to go for a brand new one because of the warranty it comes with..trouble no good lol
Tnx so much, I really appreciate. I don't know where to get a bb with warranty,slot has only one month warranty.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by sushieater: 9:53pm On Oct 29, 2012
ammyluv2002: Tnx so much, I really appreciate. I don't know where to get a bb with warranty,slot has only one month warranty.

Just one month? Never heard of a month warranty before o..are you really sure about that?

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 29, 2012
Bro I bought and used a brand new bold 5 which I used with no issue for over 4months though its not a branded bold 5.

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by ammyluv2002(f): 7:46am On Oct 30, 2012
sushieater:
Just one month? Never heard of a month warranty before o..are you really sure about that?
Yes o! The bb I'm using now, I bought from slot in Abuja and after a month the phone had ear piece issues, I managed it for 2 more months because of time and decided to take it back to them( my mistake) and they told me their warranty is only for one month, I had to pay 4k to fix and after that I swore never to buy any bb from slot.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by sushieater: 8:28am On Oct 30, 2012
ammyluv2002: Yes o! The bb I'm using now, I bought from slot in Abuja and after a month the phone had ear piece issues, I managed it for 2 more months because of time and decided to take it back to them( my mistake) and they told me their warranty is only for one month, I had to pay 4k to fix and after that I swore never to buy any bb from slot.
Yeah, my friend just told me the same thing this morning..A month warranty is as good as nothing naa..but ask around there sha, there will be better stores that sell brand new phones with better warranty
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by ammyluv2002(f): 8:39am On Oct 30, 2012
sushieater:
Yeah, my friend just told me the same thing this morning..A month warranty is as good as nothing naa..but ask around there sha, there will be better stores that sell brand new phones with better warranty
Yea, I'm thinking of buying from MTN office though is more expensive sha but I'm sure theirs should have up to 6 months warranty. U know, I feel the blackberry phones sold @ most shops in Nigeria always have software problems.I wonder where they buy them from.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by sushieater: 9:29am On Oct 30, 2012
ammyluv2002: Yea, I'm thinking of buying from MTN office though is more expensive sha but I'm sure theirs should have up to 6 months warranty. U know, I feel the blackberry phones sold @ most shops in Nigeria always have software problems.I wonder where they buy them from.
me too o! But it's not like most of their BB phones have software problem(s), let's say like 15 outta 100 phones they have..Anyways, It's all good sha..Wish you luck Ma'am
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by LADIbaba(m): 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
Well, I have been using this phone since last year when it came out, It has been ok. I got to know there are 2 types - the 9900 (the problematic one) and the 9930 ( the preferred choice)

2 Likes

Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by toluxa1(m): 1:09pm On Oct 30, 2012
What type of problem exactly is the OP having. Battery or software or what?

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by freecocoa(f): 1:09pm On Oct 30, 2012
OP BBporshe still dey market o.
Bold 5 sabi get battery problem.

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 30, 2012
BB5 has no issues. Just get a brand new.

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
A brand new Bold 5 will definitely not give you issues.The only people that i've heard complain of BB issues are those that buy the already used ones...
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2012
freecocoa: OP BBporshe still dey market o.
Bold 5 sabi get battery problem.
That's a fallacious statement.Its either the Bold 5 is already used or the Battery is
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by jigawatts(m): 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2012
My bold5 is one year + 2months old ...... and its still perfect ................ (Bought brand new)
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by iamswizz(m): 1:14pm On Oct 30, 2012
I used a Bold 5 and i regretted it... The battery doesnt last at all.. And it reboots itself after every call i make....better to get an iphone 4g than that crap called Bold 5

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by sushieater: 1:21pm On Oct 30, 2012
Billyonaire: BB5 has no issues. Just get a brand new.
It does man, my friend bought his own and two weeks later it bricked..he then returned it cos it had a year warranty and they gave him a another one which bricked the upper week..Then they gave him another one which he's still using till now, he has used it for over ten months now though
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by lacasa: 1:22pm On Oct 30, 2012
The Bold 5 is good, has a bigger screen than d Bold 4 (9780).

But the Bold 4 has a larger battery life, dats nt to say the Bold5 has a bad battery though.

The Iphone is more of a fone 4 show to me basically, its goodlooking and more expensive, bt a Blackberry is more practical, fun to browse with and download movies, videos, music etc plus u save lots more on calls and txt msga by having the BBmessenger smiley

Been using my Bold4 fσr more than a year now with notn more than a smooth & pleasant ride wt it.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by yuzedo: 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
Who gave you money for BOLD 5?! You are doing runz and aristo abi?!?! angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by engrchux: 1:27pm On Oct 30, 2012
My dear, my candid opinion; stay away from Bold 5. I'm a tech geek & I've fixed a lot of BBs & I can tell u that the most frequent prob with bold 5 is firmware prob. It just goes off & won't come up again no matter what u do. I presently have one in my custody I've been working on 2 no avail. It doesn't matter if its brand new or fairly; firmware ish doesn't know whether its brand new or used, perhaps that wud matter if u're talkin abt hardware problems. I'm not saying it happens to all bold 5 users but its better if u stay clear. RIM admitted to the fact that bold 5 has a peculiar firmware glitch. I'm using a bold 4 & I've been very pleased with its performance.

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by shyna501: 1:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
D only different btw bold5 Ä♌ð my bold1 Iڪ jst d scroll ball Ä♌ð d back cover.. Chikena!

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
YUZEDO,do you think every one is as poor as you are grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
yuzedo: Who gave you money for BOLD 5?! You are doing runz and aristo abi?!?! angry angry angry
You wan start e-fight?

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by MadCow1: 1:31pm On Oct 30, 2012
The worst phone I ever used is the Blackberry Bold 9900.. I bought mine brand new..

I would advice you buy the Blackberry Torch.. I have used 3 Blackberries and that's the best blackberry ever made.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by tjdj: 1:32pm On Oct 30, 2012
if you are buting bold 5 there is only one rule to lasting one, BUY BOLD5 9900,there is no physical difference between 9900 and 9930(the difference cannot be seen with naked eye) but i assure u that 9900 gives lesser or no problem,the battery last longer because the 9900 utilises the light around you by shutting out keyboard light power.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by fittty(m): 1:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
Go for 9900 not 9930...... Loving my white 9900. No issues grin
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 30, 2012
yuzedo: Who gave you money for BOLD 5?! You are doing runz and aristo abi?!?! angry angry angry
nawa o..brand new is just 80k.. Getting mine next month
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2012
Bold 9900 is smart and effective

Mine comes with 2 years warranty.......

Well it is docomo brand sha and more expensive.

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by freecocoa(f): 1:48pm On Oct 30, 2012
binger: That's a fallacious statement.Its either the Bold 5 is already used or the Battery is
Wetin be fallacious? I dey tell you something you dey busy dey speak english.undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Infinix Changes Logo To Demonstrate Social Distancing / Finally Airtel Android Data Plans? / MTN Refutes Contraceptive (condom) Production Claims!! See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.