Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:51 PM

How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? (59926 Views)

Crashed Blackberry Bold 5 / How Much Is A Blackberry Bold 2 At Slot Presently? / Brand New Blackberry Bold For 65,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 30, 2012
Stay away from bold 5, the phone is a mess. If you must get one then make sure its the 9930 Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd not 9900.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by tobeorji: 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2012
My dear, why not get a Touch 2.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by dgitrader(m): 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2012
HQ:

Specifications are listed on this page, if you want to check it out.

www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_curve_9320-4458.php

thanks for the info.. however i had done a thorough online-research on curve7.. i love the specs...but i still need the experience of NL users cos of the peculiar environment we find ourselves in niaja.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by emilyone(f): 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2012
RICHIE BOI:
Hi, its kinda technical to explain. i used to experience that with my Bold 5, until i corrected it. contact me and i will expain how to stop it.

pls may i have your contacts?
But i will appreciate if you can do the explanation here, at least for the benefit of whoever many be experiencing such
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by eikeem(m): 4:38pm On Oct 30, 2012
I'm using a Bold 5, and it's running smoothly. I bought mine from MTN and it comes with a one-year warranty.
As for Slot, those guys are criminals!
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by ORAFA(m): 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
lacasa: The Bold 5 is good, has a bigger screen than d Bold 4 (9780).

But the Bold 4 has a larger battery life, dats nt to say the Bold5 has a bad battery though.

The Iphone is more of a fone 4 show to me basically, its goodlooking and more expensive, bt [b]a Blackberry is more practical, fun to browse with and download movies, videos, music etc plus u save lots more on calls and txt msga by having the BBmessenger[b/] smiley

Been using my Bold4 fσr more than a year now with notn more than a smooth & pleasant ride wt it.

Dats d only reason I lyk a BB. U dont have to buy everytin u want to download.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by inkuz: 5:04pm On Oct 30, 2012
My Bold 5 is frustrating atimes nd most time i was unable to use the cam nd most annoying part is dt it hang like shit cry
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by AmenJoan(f): 5:26pm On Oct 30, 2012
@ Dondav, pls how did u upgrade to 7.1? Having batt issues wt my bold 6 too & am told its d OS.
Frankie9ice:

Yea,I also feel Bold 6 is it. Got one (white) from Slot Computer Village Lagos a few weeks ago and am having a blast wit it,....d screen is touch also,and it's so much more handy/portable than d Bold 5. No issues wit d batter either. Wish u plenty of luck
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by engrchux: 5:50pm On Oct 30, 2012
mrczar: me na bold 2 i dey use oh, i learnt it's a strong product, but d phone too dey hang oh, any help?

Reducing d number of apps won't solve bold 2 hanging problem. Best remedy is to downgrade ur OS from OS6 to OS5. Trust me u'll enjoy it more.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by cupid4ig(m): 7:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
mrczar: me na bold 2 i dey use oh, i learnt it's a strong product, but d phone too dey hang oh, any help?
just check ur app memory make sure its not on 0.0. always make sure u have free space on it and delete apps that u dont use
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by cupid4ig(m): 7:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
emilyone: pls guys in the house, what could be responsible when a phone reboots itself
wipe the phone os so that u will be getting software error code 507 then reload the os but make sure u backup ur phone b4 that so that u wont lose ur contacts
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by size38: 7:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
No need complaining about bold this or curve that. The best BB is BB bend 6. Jst check it out
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by sulakishop(m): 7:42pm On Oct 30, 2012
Buy Bold 5 if You want †̥☺. It is one of †ђǝ best blackberry fone but just βε̲̣̣̣̥ sure You take these precautions:
*Don't buy a branded Bold 5 made for AT&T or any other foreign telecom company.
*buy only a brand new bold 5.
*upgrade †ђǝ OS as soon as U̶̲̥̅̊ buy it before You start using it.

I've been using Bold 5 for 6months now without qualms.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:06pm On Oct 30, 2012
[quote author=yuzedo]Who gave you money for BOLD 5?! You are doing runz and aristo abi?!?! angry angry angry[/quote lol...that's so funny! I'm a working class lady my dear, I don't need to do any runz and aristo to get what I want ok...lolz
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
eikeem: I'm using a Bold 5, and it's running smoothly. I bought mine from MTN and it comes with a one-year warranty.
As for Slot, those guys are criminals!
honestly, they are. Nothing will ever carry me to that place again.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by Abayomin70(m): 9:22pm On Oct 30, 2012
emilyone: pls guys in the house, what could be responsible when a phone reboots itself
Too much software
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by Chizak24(m): 9:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
tj-dj:
if you are buting bold 5 there is only one rule to lasting one, BUY BOLD5 9900,there is no physical difference between 9900 and 9930(the difference cannot be seen with naked eye) but i assure u that 9900 gives lesser or no problem,the battery last longer because the 9900 utilises the light around you by shutting out keyboard light power.
. I thot 9930 is CDMA & it will not work on GSM networks
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 10:03pm On Oct 30, 2012
emilyone:

But i will appreciate if you can do the explanation here, at least for the benefit of whoever many be experiencing such

go to my profile and postings you will see my number. wink
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by naijarazzi: 3:42am On Oct 31, 2012
emilyone:

Hey I had the exact same problem- my first 9900 got stuck in an infinite reboot loop. I reinstalled the OS (using BBSAK) and it didn't work. My phone would reboot itself at least 15 times through the day. I thought it was an OS problem and tried i different OS 7s.
The ACTUAL solution was much much much simpler- I figured out that my phone rebooted on any minor impact, Its a loose battery, just put some paper at the top of the battery (in between the memory card and the battery) before u put in the battery. Wt happens is the battery is slightly smaller than the space in which u put it in so when the battery moves upwards the four pins loose contact and the phone restarts. and my phone hasn't rebooted itself since.

Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by sunboy(m): 12:45pm On Oct 31, 2012
Bros, from my own experience. If you want a real stress-free BB, go for Bold4 #shikena
Bought mine new over 1year now, it works perfect. No damage, no repairs, no restarts, no battery issues.

Note: Never buy a branded brand-new BB, what I mean is don't go to buy new fones and they are AT&T, Verizon, Tmobile etc even though its new please avoid such fones, they are always 2-3k cheaper than the new unbranded ones.

About slot, I noticed most phones from slot are branded, I don't even buy from them again ever since I bought a bad nokia from them until a friend took me to dallas when E5 came out then.

Since then I buy my phones from Dallas communications, ask anyone about Dallas in Ikeja. Dallas is even cheaper than Slot.
Slot go remove earpiece of some fones, dallas always intact.

Not advertising for them oo, jes from my experience.
I'm posting this with my 1yr+ bold4. Still as clean as its only 2months old, people begging me to sell to them whenever I'm ready to sell bt unfortunately no BB yet meets bold4 durability, reliability and ruggedity standard.
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by mevisbleek: 5:31pm On Oct 31, 2012
ammyluv2002: Hey house, please I wanna change my blackberry to bold 5 but I'm scared because I asked few people using the phone and they all complained about the phone so I decided to ask the house....

please does bold 5 really have issues or better still which is the best blackberry to go for now that won't give one wahala. I use curve before but its giving me troubles that's why I want to change.

Please, will really appreciate comments.

Hi if you need Bold 5 i have some coming in, they are all from ROGERS and are unlocked (N49,000). Very clean Canadian used. Please this is not a scam the person will meet u up somewhere in Lagos. NO SHIPPING
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by mevisbleek: 5:36pm On Oct 31, 2012
mevisbleek:

Hi if you need Bold 5-9900 i have some coming in, they are all from ROGERS and are unlocked (N49,000). Very clean Canadian used. Please this is not a scam the person will meet u up somewhere in Lagos. NO SHIPPING
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by cupid4ig(m): 1:17am On Nov 01, 2012
mevisbleek:

Hi if you need Bold 5 i have some coming in, they are all from ROGERS and are unlocked (N49,000). Very clean Canadian used. Please this is not a scam the person will meet u up somewhere in Lagos. NO SHIPPING
when is it coming in?
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by timbros(m): 9:18am On Nov 02, 2012
Hi everyone, i want to buy a BB porche but i want to know how efficient it is. Does it hang? Reboot? How about the battery life?
Comments urgently need. Please if you havent used it before, dont bother to comment. grin
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:28am On Nov 02, 2012
timbros: Hi everyone, i want to buy a BB porche but i want to know how efficient it is. Does it hang? Reboot? How about the battery life?
Comments urgently need. Please if you havent used it before, dont bother to comment. grin
. Lolz....funny!! In your dreams tongue
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by timbros(m): 12:07pm On Nov 02, 2012
ammyluv2002: . Lolz....funny!! In your dreams tongue

Have you used it before? Why quoting nah? tongue
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by jpphilips(m): 4:21pm On Nov 02, 2012
Dondav: I think you should just save yourself from this crowd mentality thing about Bold 5, and get yourself a brand new bold 6.

It's cheaper and has eventually everything Bold 5 has. And it happens to be latest with a smaller body shape. I am currently using it to type this.

I've been using it for 3 months now and I updated the software myself, from 7.0 to 7.1 latest firmware released in september. Now, the battery lasts longer and never heats up like the current brand new 7.0 firmware Blackberrys.

so much for blackberry users, una dooo
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by talkingfingers: 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2012
LADI_baba: Well, I have been using this phone since last year when it came out, It has been ok. I got to know there are 2 types - the 9900 (the problematic one) and the 9930 ( the preferred choice)

tj-dj:
if you are buting bold 5 there is only one rule to lasting one, BUY BOLD5 9900,there is no physical difference between 9900 and 9930(the difference cannot be seen with naked eye) but i assure u that 9900 gives lesser or no problem,the battery last longer because the 9900 utilises the light around you by shutting out keyboard light power.

That's the problem with seeking help. You end up more confused. And poster hasn't even met the phone sellers yet!
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by lipsygirl(f): 8:08pm On Feb 11, 2013
honestly, i dont know why ppl are so down for black berry products, any phones that has andriod app works really great and with lots of fun...maybe you can try samsung galaxy note or samsung galaxy S3...
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by chudiblaize(m): 4:52pm On Mar 30, 2013
RICHIE BOI: i have been using my BB5 for a year now and it hasn't really given me any trouble so far. the only problem i used to have was that sometimes the phone would restart its self, but i solved the problem and its working fine since then. overall its a nice phone though.

How did u solve the problen
Re: How Effective Is A BlackBerry Bold 5? by Baadal(m): 5:46pm On Mar 30, 2013
blink182: Stay away from bold 5, the phone is a mess. If you must get one then make sure its the 9930 Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd not 9900.
R u seriouspls xplain better.thot its d other way round.

Infinix Changes Logo To Demonstrate Social Distancing / Finally Airtel Android Data Plans? / MTN Refutes Contraceptive (condom) Production Claims!! See Photos